About Odie...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
383 replies to this topic
GM Dude
  • GM Dude

Back in da hizzouse, ya'll!

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:40 AM

I never met the guy, nor did I ever exchange PMs with him.

However, because of his contribution to the modding scene, I feel that we truly have lost a vital part of the whole operation sad.gif sad.gif .

R.I.P. Odie, and may God bless you.

KinkyJedi
  • KinkyJedi

3D Artist

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:41 AM

I didnt know Odie, much like many of the other solemn people in this thread...

But i have all of his releases and i have just read 8 pages of this topic

Honestly the saddest thing i have ever heard.....ever

R.I.P Odie .......and let the gods be kind to your soul ........as you were to our copies of GTA

Kinky x

Machbraker
  • Machbraker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:45 PM

sad.gif im sorry and RIP Odie, may god rest your soul and watch over his family. I know how you feel, i have a dear friend that i dunno what I will do if he dies. How old is odie?
cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

XXXmags
  • XXXmags

Dirtier every day..

• Members

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:28 AM

Wow this this... is just sad it just made me cry it's amazing how you can feel emotions for someone you've never meet or talked to it's just so sad about odie this is truly amazing that a fellow gta moder died for some reason or other and poor stewe-m knew him im sure it's hard to luse a friend like that and the same for the pleople ho knew him this is just toching Rest in pease odie hope your in a better place this is just so sad...and his poor whife and child they must be devestated poor famaly this is really similar to the crodile hunters death(Stewe Erwin)so sad this is the first thing in the internet thats made me cry cryani.gif .

Silberio
  • Silberio

Me haz UpGRAd3d grAMMer!!11

• Members

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:34 AM Edited by Silberio, 27 January 2007 - 11:50 PM.

srry if im bumping an ol' topic, but i knew about this for like 1 week ago...i didnt know him, u see, i enter GTAF on 2006, but i downloaded his mods, and i like them, i had realy fun whit the GTA3 highway, the beach park...im a man of little words...im very very sad about this, puted a sign on the treehouse im working on, for GTA:VC, there it say "in memory of our gr8t friend ODIE", R.I.P. Odie

EDIT: we should make a wikipedia article in his honor, i dont know so much about him, so i suggest u guys maby could make one.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:29 PM

I never knew him,I'm very sad about Odie too,he made GREAT Maps,sad to see a great person like him go,R.I.P Odie... cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:29 PM

Most people didn't know the guy, and I haven't tried out any of his mods, nor do I know anything he has done. Not to offend anyone, but I could give a rats ass. Too bad he had to die, but I'm sure MANY other modders have died, their family just didn't feel they needed to tell you guys about him.

I think you people (that didn't even know the guy) need to just shut up and get over it. As for the people that did know him, hope you aren't offended by this.
I just find all these new people saying "OMG!! Some one who mods died?!! WTF?!?! I'm so sadd, boo hoo" is f*cking stupid and ridiculous.

Silberio
  • Silberio

Me haz UpGRAd3d grAMMer!!11

• Members

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:34 PM

show some respect, man

SeaNorris.
  • SeaNorris.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Feb 18 2007, 18:29)
Most people didn't know the guy, and I haven't tried out any of his mods, nor do I know anything he has done. Not to offend anyone, but I could give a rats ass. Too bad he had to die, but I'm sure MANY other modders have died, their family just didn't feel they needed to tell you guys about him.

I think you people (that didn't even know the guy) need to just shut up and get over it. As for the people that did know him, hope you aren't offended by this.
I just find all these new people saying "OMG!! Some one who mods died?!! WTF?!?! I'm so sadd, boo hoo" is f*cking stupid and ridiculous.

The difference is ODIE was quite the inspiration for people. First map mods for GTA3 (I think?) GTA Berlin, lots of work on Myriad Islands, he connected with so many people in so many ways.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:59 PM

You're right, SeaNorris, he made the first custom models ever for an 3D GTA and was and continues to be a source for inspiration. A true asset...

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:46 AM

A very old topic and about a month late but I feel this needs to be said.

Yes the boohoo attitude is not very becoming but as SeaNorris said he was a very large part of the community. He broke new ground with the first 3d models/pathedits/2dfx mods, which now don't look all that impressive (btw the first gta3 mod was Homersimpsons bridge). At the time though the map mods were mostly just a bunch of ipl editing, he made new models with working lights!! smile.gif

Personally, He also answered a bunch of goofy noob Q.'s that I sent him about maps. Thats what got me started in all the mods, Odie even went as far to host a few of my first crudy ipl map mods on his own stuntpark.de site (I think thats it, been a while) From what I knew of him he was a really great guy, and I can only aspire to produce things as great as he did in this goofy lil hobby of ours. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Sorry about the bump admins

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:34 AM

Does anyone know what killed him...

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (nabo45 @ Feb 28 2007, 01:34)
Does anyone know what killed him...

Steve said so long ago, friend, that Odie's family asks he not go into details and so forth publicly.

May we all just hope that Fun was the bringer of eternity, and nothing sinister.

Seeing this topic here, and reading the first page again... Took me back. Way back. Something must also be said for the surviving, and also the future, now present.

This community lost a great contributor and inspiration, and since then life has moved on. I cannot speculate the state of his wife or the rest of his family, but I can say something about the family here, at GTAForums, namely the editing section.

People have come and gone, and we have seen many faces, those of us who have been around for a little while. We've seen some real jerks get tossed, and some genuinely cool people who made bad decisions as well. And further, we've seen each and every person who joined this scene and tried after us go from n00b to decent releases, all from the ground work of this community's most notable figures. Odie is not alone as a great person to all the people who share this passion for a game that never should have embraced "playground" further than it's gameplay structure.

It was through the rewarded curiosity and dedication of a lot of folks, from GTA1 all the way up, that made this Forum's place in our worlds what it is today. I want to take this moment to shine on Steve-M. I think he should receive the first annual GTA Editor's Lifetime Achievement Award, or something to that effect. There are so many people who contribute vastly. Still active major-contributors to devlopment and the GTA community today are Delfi (you newer folks know him as JernejL), Spooky, REspawn, Seeman, Ashdexx (new folks, that's DexX), the list really does go on and on. Ceedj revolutionalized this scene by introducing an app to create machinima with the rwGTA3 engine. So many areas, and so many feats, all passionately pursued with, I like to believe, Art in mind and love for this series.

Steve-M though. We spoke somewhat frequently for a brief period at the time you posted this topic. I was inspired by you in a lot of ways. From countries apart, you tought me more than things GTA related. All of this, at the release of SA. When I first came to fix my advanced options crash (which took until Jacob released a damned memory trainer, no less than months later lol!), this community was booming. You were all anticipating SA. SA was the new frontier. It certainly was not the be the "Final Build" in our hearts and minds.

Thank you. That's just me, the people, speaking.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:28 AM

I only talked to him a couple times under my old name, he seemed like a cool dude.

The Return
  • The Return

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:15 PM Edited by The Return, 14 April 2007 - 02:20 PM.

If this is tasteless, so are the people on theys forums thet posted almost exactly teh same about thuglord

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:04 PM

Please shut up, many people here were VERY close friends with him and some knew him personally, they have spoken with his family and he definetley died.

The Return
  • The Return

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:07 PM Edited by The Return, 14 April 2007 - 02:16 PM.

suction testicl man, a moderator requested more and more evidence for thuglords death, and continuesly made fun out of it, and evern posted fake facts, he did not post who or were he got thuglord or thuglords cousins ip, and he posted the ip in public forum in another. i was told be wheelman that it is tasteless to ask for more evidence when the people who posed it knew him in real life. i was told not to ask for evidence but this was needed for chiekeba aka thuglord. his family and friends reported it, but no one wold believe them. i wold like to complain about this unfairnes at the way peple deal with thig such as death. my friend olugbengima, who resides in niger, knows that the family do exist and tehat its not fake. his cousins. whom they said to be same perosn arived at funeral today, which is just starting as we speak. why is this the fact? odie was beter tahn another person. pleas reply and explain. why can i not ask for evidence whn they all wanted more evidence in the topic? will i have to sell story to press or whet am i to do?

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:32 PM

Apart from the rather tasteless reason for the bump:
Modders are no 'stars' and thus you won't find any evidence of his death when searching on google or in a newspaper. He just wasn't important enough.

The Return
  • The Return

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:39 PM Edited by The Return, 14 April 2007 - 02:26 PM.

there is no offence to odie family meant here

QUOTE (Wheelman @ Apr 14 2007, 13:53)
The following reason was given for this verbal warning:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verbal warning for tasteless and pointless bumping of a thread. Why should there be any more evidence of his death other than the confirmation from his friends? Many modders and long term members here are friends and communicate in the real world away from the forums. Think twice before posting this kind of insensitive stuff again.

Related post: About Odie...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok, but can me also point out the 'tastleless' posts in te gta iv guy topic and rip thuglord topic. i no someone who new thuglord and his family. my friends mother is friends with the passed away thuglord. his girlfriend and kid would be very disapointed and upset to kno they father and boyfriend was not being believed.

Why should there be any more evidence of his death other than the confirmation from his friends? Many modders and long term members here are friends and communicate in the real world away from the forums.

this was needed for chiekeba aka thuglord. his family and friends reported it, but no one wold believe them. i wold like to complain about this unfairnes at the way peple deal with thig such as death. my friend olugbengima, who resides in niger, knows that the family do exist and tehat its not fake. his cousins. whom they said to be same perosn arived at funeral today, which is just starting as we speak. why is this the fact? odie was beter tahn another person. pleas reply and explain. why can i not ask for evidence whn they all wanted more evidence in the topic? will i have to sell story to press or whet am i to do?

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (The Return @ Apr 14 2007, 13:39)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verbal warning for tasteless and pointless bumping of a thread. Why should there be any more evidence of his death other than the confirmation from his friends? Many modders and long term members here are friends and communicate in the real world away from the forums. Think twice before posting this kind of insensitive stuff again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok, but can me also point out the 'tastleless' posts in te gta iv guy topic and rip thuglord topic. i no someone who new thuglord and his family. my friends mother is friends with the passed away thuglord. his girlfriend and kid would be very disapointed and upset to kno they father and boyfriend was not being believed.

Why should there be any more evidence of his death other than the confirmation from his friends? Many modders and long term members here are friends and communicate in the real world away from the forums.

this was needed for chiekeba aka thuglord. his family and friends reported it, but no one wold believe them. i wold like to complain about this unfairnes at the way peple deal with thig such as death. my friend olugbengima, who resides in niger, knows that the family do exist and tehat its not fake. his cousins. whom they said to be same perosn arived at funeral today, which is just starting as we speak. why is this the fact? odie was beter tahn another person. pleas reply and explain. why can i not ask for evidence whn they all wanted more evidence in the topic? will i have to sell story to press or whet am i to do?

Look, the first thing is we knew Odie a long time, and he was more popular in the community, because he had a lot of things done before his death. The other thing is, the starter of this topic is well known too, and there is one more thing. No one could doubt it. We asked for evidences because everybody could come here and say someone is died in the community. Klax 187 is a nearly unknown member of the forums, so i couldn't believe him, at first i did, but when i started to think i said it can't be true. Suction Testicle Man wrote a post what cant be doubt too, so i think u should stop this idiotic flamewar here. Odie's death happened a long time ago, and u don't need to be disrespectful of him.

The Return
  • The Return

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Apr 14 2007, 15:00)
QUOTE (The Return @ Apr 14 2007, 13:39)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Look, the first thing is we knew Odie a long time, and he was more popular in the community, because he had a lot of things done before his death. The other thing is, the starter of this topic is well known too, and there is one more thing. No one could doubt it. We asked for evidences because everybody could come here and say someone is died in the community. Klax 187 is a nearly unknown member of the forums, so i couldn't believe him, at first i did, but when i started to think i said it can't be true. Suction Testicle Man wrote a post what cant be doubt too, so i think u should stop this idiotic flamewar here. Odie's death happened a long time ago, and u don't need to be disrespectful of him.

well i think you stop being disrespectful to other dead members then i will stop. an read the top idiot.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:09 PM

Guys, take it to PM. Seriously.

The Return
  • The Return

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

ok den.