Photo

Street Racing

40 replies to this topic
Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:47 PM

Street racing is really bad in my town. But as much I as I soupe my cars, I never ever ever even think about doing it. It's just feeds the fire that is puberty.

But if I ever did I am sure 0-60 in 4 seconds is enough to beat a civic.

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 July 2005 - 01:24 PM

Ahh yes, the glory of street racing... I guess I can share my story.

I had just gotten off of work at Gateway at 2 in the morning, when one of my co-workers got off as well, and decided he wanted to show off his "shiny new black 2000 Chevy Camaro SS" to me, and he then proceeded to do a few donuts in the parking lot. Always a fan of smoking tires, I asked him what he had under the hood. he told me "oh it's stock, with a new chip, hooker headers, and dyna-flow exhaust! I can beat anything in this town! I've got like almost 400 horses!" so I laughed and said "ANYTHING in this town huh? I'll take you up on that offer someday." So I walk to my car, and as I open the door he asks if I want to race. I tell him "I don't want to race and embarass you man!"

That turns him into a pile of steaming man-rage and he demands to race. I tell him ok, and proceed to take the plastic block out of my new blower scoop. Evidently he couldn't see the front of my car, where the blower was sticking out of the hood. I get in my car and go to start her up. 1 turnover, and it fires a moment and dies. I hear him laugh then yell "too bad you can't even get your car started!". I turn the key again, hit the gas, and the massive roar from the exhaust bellows out. I idle for a minute or two to let the massive 460 warm up. I back the yellow '67 mustang out and yell at him over the roaring exhausts to meet me at a certain stop light. he nods and peels out. Gone. Evidently a few other people have overheard this as well, and they are heading to the finish line, which was to be the next stop light about 2 miles down.

I do the speed limit and make it to the race line. The light was green, so we waited for it to turn red again, then lined up. As I wait for the green reflection of the light, I check all my guages. Fuel pressure? Check. Oil Pressure? Check. Temperature? A little cold, but still good. Nitrous? Yeah, I just refilled the tank that morning. I hear revving next to me. I glance over, and he's doing some weird thing with his face and revving like a mad man. I give a few burst revs and my entire car body shakes from one side to the other like there's hydraulics going side to side. Little does he know I have over 600 horsepower sitting under the hood. It all happens in slow motion from here out. I see the red light fade into green. I stay put for a second to give him a car's length. I slam the thing into first and haul ass. It was a clean launch. The front end raised and the back end slammed down. Minimal peelout and very little smoke. I get going, shift to second. The speedometer is climbing quickly... 50, 60, 70, 80.
Shift to third. Glance in my rear-view mirror and see him behind me. I keep going. Shift to fourth. 110, 120, 130, still climbing. I can see his headlights, getting smaller and smaller in my rear-view mirror. Keep it at 140 and get to the finish line. a few moments later, he gets there.

We kept it civilized. I shook his hand, told him good race, and went home. The next day everyone was congratulating me for knocking his huge ego down a peg or two.

I have plenty more stories if anyone cares to hear them smile.gif

lySdEXiA
  • lySdEXiA

3rd Gear and a Ham Sandwich

• Feroci Racing

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:40 AM

you drive your 600hp mustang to work? right.... ..<3

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:18 AM

I could go on and on about stories of street racing. I have been down the 1320 on paved roads many times in my S-10. A few times for some small cash, others for fun or bragging rights.

Instead I leave you to search google for a Chi-Town Racing site to find out some of the first hand expieriences I had when I was there.

Devyl
  • Devyl

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (lySdEXiA @ Jul 15 2005, 04:40)
you drive your 600hp mustang to work? right.... ..<3

indeed I did. I drove it there every day. It was my project, as well as my daily driver.

lySdEXiA
  • lySdEXiA

3rd Gear and a Ham Sandwich

• Feroci Racing

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

im sorry, but i refuse to believe you have a 600hp daily driver. ..<3

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Devyl @ Jul 15 2005, 06:38)
you drive your 600hp mustang to work? right....        ..<3

indeed I did. I drove it there every day. It was my project, as well as my daily driver.

Yeah I remember that mustang from when you first got it back a little while ago. Yellow right?

What have oyu done to it so far.

@lys- he isnt lying, he is to lazy to waste his time to

Luke15
  • Luke15

Espaņa - Gone?

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:42 AM Edited by Luke15, 16 July 2005 - 11:50 AM.

Well this is the one ive had.

Me and my dad were going to Birmingham for the day, and we were on the motorway. Its preety clear and quite early in the morning so we go in the middle lane. then out of no where, a BMW 3 series comes right behind us, tail gating. Were in an audi A8 and we just start to pull away, and after 30 seconds or so, we left him in the dust tounge.gif.

Devyl
  • Devyl

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ Jul 16 2005, 11:18)
QUOTE (Devyl @ Jul 15 2005, 06:38)
you drive your 600hp mustang to work? right....        ..<3

Yeah I remember that mustang from when you first got it back a little while ago. Yellow right?

What have oyu done to it so far.

@lys- he isnt lying, he is to lazy to waste his time to

A while back I had traded it in for an '05 GT, yellow with black stripes & black interior. so far it's got to get Saleen cross-drilled brakes & Saleen rotors, Ford Racing 3V headers, and a few other miscelaneous goodies.

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:00 PM

I wish I had your car right now...

I have 15,000, ya wanna trade?

Anyways where have you been, I ahvent seen you on MSN. PM me some time damnt.

Mercedes-Benz
  • Mercedes-Benz

NYC

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:23 PM

I sorta raced a bunch of bitches in a Civic last night. I was driving my Wagon, and these bitches were flying in there sh*tty Civic. So I pulled next to them, waved, and then pulled away. It was funny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users