» «
Photo

Street Racing

40 replies to this topic
Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

Pumping Propaganda since 04

• The Connection

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:49 PM Edited by Over The Wall, 03 July 2005 - 07:53 PM.

It's only natural. You pull up to a stoplight, another car pulls up next to you. He revs his engine, you're bored and figure that you don't have much to lose based on the chances a cop is in the area, and you gun it off the line. Feel free to post a story whether you were racing your 1979 VW Van or your dad's new shiny red Ferrari.

My friend and I were hanging out at one of his friend's houses, and he got high. He drives a new Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG, and was too high to drive it back to my house- where we were going to be spending the night. We're cruising at a cool 60 mph in a 55 mph zone, and this Pontiac GTO pulls up out of nowhere. He gets right next to me and revs his engine. I rev a little back for kicks, and we both go. I didn't completely get on it because I thought he was a joke. I'm in a 470 HP Mercedes and he's in a Pontiac. Little did I know that he has a stock 400-some horsepower engine and had downpipe exhausts and possibly a chip. He kept up with me all the way to 110 mph. I was shocked. A light turns red a QTR mile ahead of us, and we both start to brake heavily. We sit there at the line at a dead stop for 10-15 seconds, and he jumps the light.

(keep going, you're half way through smile.gif )

He jumped it perfectly, but it was kind of cheating. The light was still red when he crossed the line, and as he was going under the light it was turning green. He started with a half car advantage, but it didn't matter. He was driving a manual GTO, and all I had to do was jam the gas pedal. Granted I'm far from the everyday driver of the car, but I've driven it several times before. I pulled heavily on him through 75 mph (took a clear lead) as my radar detector starting going nuts. I brake heavily and he does as well. We both cruise past the cop at 50 mph, and I have to turn down my street. He goes off and tells a few of his friends that he was keeping up with an E55, and my friend (the high owner of the car) told him that the person driving the car wasn't the everyday driver and still walked him- even with a jumpstart from the line.

It was fun, and I am eternally grateful for the Valentine One Radar detector.

Your turn. biggrin.gif

EDIT:
Note: I am not condoning street racing. If you've been an idiot in the past and have a story to tell, go for it. Don't go racing and die and blame it on me. K? biggrin.gif

Mercedes-Benz
  • Mercedes-Benz

NYC

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:22 PM

I raced an Integra and a Maxima in my 300SE. The kid in the Maxima was a dick and boxed me in going 40 for like 5 minutes. Once it opened up I flew around him. My car is surprisingly fast for a I-6. Then this ass in a Integra comes from behind the Maxima next to me but there was a guy in the right lane going about 45 and he had to jam on his brakes.

A different time I was about to get on the Highway with my 01 E320 Wagon. Some dick in a Caravan was on my ass for like 10 minutes before that. So at the stop sign, I hit the brakes a tad bit hard to wake him up. This got him pissed I guess, so he starts honking and cursing ect. I flipped him off.

When I get on the Highway, he floors it to try and get around me, but traffic prevented him and he had to get back behind me. This is going on for like another 10 minutes. He keeps on switching lanes to try and get past me. The Highway opens up and I give it a little bit of gas. Hes to the floor because I can hear that sh*t Caravan screaming.

Hes still trying to get around me. I slow down because my exit was close and he comes flying past me, cuts me off, and throws a cigarette at my windshield. I just laughed because for 15 minutes he was trying to get around me. Plus, he was in a Caravan so that was even funnier.

I really dont race that much though. Your probably going to wind up crashing or getting arrested or something. And my cars arent really racing cars. I got a Wagon. Nobodys going to take me seriously.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Over The Wall @ Jul 2 2005, 14:49)
We both cruise past the cop at 50 mph, and I have to turn down my street. He goes off and tells a few of his friends that he was keeping up with an E55, and my friend (the high owner of the car) told him that the person driving the car wasn't the everyday driver and still walked him- even with a jumpstart from the line.

Your turn. biggrin.gif

wait wait wait wait wait. so you turned down the road to your house, yet still managed to hear him tell his friends sh*t and respond? very belivable

SIP YEK NOD claps

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

• The Connection

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:00 AM Edited by Over The Wall, 03 July 2005 - 12:14 AM.

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Jul 2 2005, 19:48)
QUOTE (Over The Wall @ Jul 2 2005, 14:49)
We both cruise past the cop at 50 mph, and I have to turn down my street. He goes off and tells a few of his friends that he was keeping up with an E55, and my friend (the high owner of the car) told him that the person driving the car wasn't the everyday driver and still walked him- even with a jumpstart from the line.

Your turn. biggrin.gif

wait wait wait wait wait. so you turned down the road to your house, yet still managed to hear him tell his friends sh*t and respond? very belivable

SIP YEK NOD claps

No, No, No, Silly.

The guy obviously didn't tell his friends on the spot (as he was the only person in his car), but he told his friends orally about it over the following days. My friend (the owner of the E55) went to a car club meeting later that week and was asked about it, and told them
that the person driving the car wasn't the everyday driver and still walked him- even with a jumpstart from the line.

Sorry for not explaining it as well as I should have.

edit:
@MB: I like inline 6's.

Oh, and I don't do that very often. First time I've taken a car above 100, but no one needs to know that. smile.gif

willsradio
  • willsradio

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:50 AM

This isn't me, because I am a year short of my license but about my dad. We used to live in a small town and in the country side there was people racing. One day when me and my dad pulled up behind a 2000 Porsche Carrera in our 99' Lincoln Town Car. My dad bet me that he could pass the porsche and beat him down to the next county road. Since it was only a 2 lane road we had to pass on the on coming side and my dad passed the porsche, then the porsche set off we went for about 2 miles before we could see a cop coming to the intersection so my dad turned around in a drive way and went the other way. Of course the porsche was in front of us and he just kept going. We only got up to speeds of like 140-150 KM/H.

@Over The Wall: that would be awesome racing in a Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG, those AMGs are crazy. Good story.

Jack_Knife
  • Jack_Knife

we usually take all niggas garments

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:59 AM

I raced some chick in a Skyline off from some lights one night in my Mum's 1992 Mitsubishi Magna. I lost.

f*ck yeah.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:57 PM

Street racing rocks.

Some kid was racing his friend a night in a smaller city here in Denmark, lost control of the car, went the wrong way around one of those poles in the middle of the street, hit 2 couples crossing the road - killed the one couple, and injured a pregnant lady, who later lost her unborn child.

18 years old that kid, 8 years in prison. Wabam.

Sorry if I burst a bubble.
~az

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (azazel. @ Jul 3 2005, 10:57)
Street racing rocks.

Some kid was racing his friend a night in a smaller city here in Denmark, lost control of the car, went the wrong way around one of those poles in the middle of the street, hit 2 couples crossing the road - killed the one couple, and injured a pregnant lady, who later lost her unborn child.

18 years old that kid, 8 years in prison. Wabam.

Sorry if I burst a bubble.
~az

Video?

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (SWEETSAPRIK @ Jul 3 2005, 17:12)
QUOTE (azazel. @ Jul 3 2005, 10:57)
*snap* ~az

Video?

Negative. I bet it looked cool, though - in some way or another. ~az

Mercedes-Benz
  • Mercedes-Benz

NYC

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

user posted image

This kid was racing and thats what happened to him.

And this is why I dont drive small Japanese cars. Or small cars period.

Mar
  • Mar

Pino no Usagi

• The Connection

Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:41 PM

I've never expeirenced street racing. I think the closest thing I ever got to it, was seeing two cars speeding down a highway.

I was with my boyfriend, Tom, and he just started laughing. At the time I thought it was really stupid, since people drive down that highway, and it's the only road that lead to the town they were in, but hey, it's their life.

Street Racing bores me, but maybe that's because I've never expeirenced it.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:26 PM

here the penalties are too great to even bother. but one time i was sitting at a red light and a little civic(early 90s) pulled up beside me and started reving his engine. the car was obviously lowered and had very low-profile rims. I knew accross the road there were 1 foot wide by 1 foot long by 1/2 deep potholes everywhere, but he obvioulsy didnt, so i reved back to humor him. the light went green, we both went. my truck hit these pot holes, it shock it around a bit but nothing special. this little car was bouncing all over the place, and ended up coming to a stop by a driveway a little ways down. there is no doubt that he broke something if not everything in his suspension. wouldnt supprise me if he dented/cracked a rim. the road we were going accros is 7 lanes(3 each way, and one turning lane in the middle) so we got enough speed to make the ride uncomfortable, but not enough to bounce over the potholes,

when i was 16 before i got my truck, i always drove my mom's buick rendezvous and we would race to blue-ridge and back(15km gravel windy road up a fair sized hill). it was great. street racing is for pussies. anybody can control a vehicle on pavement especially if that vehicle is built for pavement, but at 180kph, driving on gravel is like driving on marbles.

to think of some of the stupid sh*t i did with vehicles when i was younger just makes me dissapointed in myself. when i first bought my truck within about 2 weeks i burned a set of tires off.

Stefaan
  • Stefaan

Revolutionary

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:37 PM

I remember my dad street racing in france. It was on the motorway/highway and these two Portugueese guys were like pushing my dad to race them. They were driving an audi 4 wagon and a vw passat wagon. So yeah we were driving at about 200kmh perhaps 210kmh dunno (happened a while ago). So my dad with his merc E-class pulled away from them easily. Pretty scary though because there was quite a lot of traffic on the road and sun was starting too set.

My dad never intended to 'race' them.. but they were like really being pushy. Daring my dad and stuff. Luckily nothing bad happened.

Lame i know..

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

• The Connection

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:46 PM Edited by Over The Wall, 03 July 2005 - 07:50 PM.

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Jul 3 2005, 13:26)
here the penalties are too great to even bother. but one time i was sitting at a red light and a little civic(early 90s) pulled up beside me and started reving his engine. the car was obviously lowered and had very low-profile rims. I knew accross the road there were 1 foot wide by 1 foot long by 1/2 deep potholes everywhere, but he obvioulsy didnt, so i reved back to humor him. the light went green, we both went. my truck hit these pot holes, it shock it around a bit but nothing special. this little car was bouncing all over the place, and ended up coming to a stop by a driveway a little ways down. there is no doubt that he broke something if not everything in his suspension. wouldnt supprise me if he dented/cracked a rim. the road we were going accros is 7 lanes(3 each way, and one turning lane in the middle) so we got enough speed to make the ride uncomfortable, but not enough to bounce over the potholes,

when i was 16 before i got my truck, i always drove my mom's buick rendezvous and we would race to blue-ridge and back(15km gravel windy road up a fair sized hill). it was great. street racing is for pussies. anybody can control a vehicle on pavement especially if that vehicle is built for pavement, but at 180kph, driving on gravel is like driving on marbles.

to think of some of the stupid sh*t i did with vehicles when i was younger just makes me dissapointed in myself. when i first bought my truck within about 2 weeks i burned a set of tires off.

lmao.

Speeding penalties are pretty intense here in Florida as well. Doubling the limit gets you a nice anal invasion in prison for a night. Three tickets and you can have your license suspended, and over $600 in fines for the trio. I've yet to get in an accident or get a ticket- but I've only been driving for two years- one with my permit and one with the full license.

edit:
@Mar: Its such a rush smile.gif
I didn't really think it was all that amusing until I actually had raced someone.

Pump Bumper
  • Pump Bumper

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:21 AM

just now on the highway i was cruising at like 80 mph in my 95 lumina (yeah, shut up, i know) and some chick in a taurus blew by, so i chased her down and we went up around 110 for a good 6 or 7 miles, within 1 car length with us both pushing hard. traffic picked up though, so the fun ended dozingoff.gif

willsradio
  • willsradio

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:48 AM

I got another one. My dad and I were on our way to Toronto from Barrie couple weeks ago and one of those Smart fortwo cars passed us and we were in our chevy doing about 120km so my dad thought there was no way that he would let it pass him. He pushed our Chevy truck pretty hard to get it going over 150km then we just went for a few miles my dad wasn't gonna push the truck to the max though because we had some stuff in the back of it. We did just pass him eventually (my dad thought it would be funny to play with the driver thinking he could beat us) we were going to that new bass pro shop though so it was a short lead we had.

lySdEXiA
  • lySdEXiA

3rd Gear and a Ham Sandwich

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:04 AM

my car has beaten numerous commodores and falcons and whatnot in the traffix light grand prix... ..<3

Reactor.
  • Reactor.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:42 AM

One time I was at the lights and some guy on my right was revving it up and giving me the eye. I revved back and when the lights turned green he floored it and I turned left. smile.gif

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Jack_Knife @ Jul 3 2005, 19:29)
I raced some chick in a Skyline off from some lights one night in my Mum's 1992 Mitsubishi Magna. I lost.

f*ck yeah.

Doesnt that just turn you on something hardcore? I love chicks in good cars, as long as the good car is mine and she hasnt stolen it off me tounge.gif

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:01 AM Edited by Martini Racing, 05 July 2005 - 11:10 AM.

I was in my '69 Dodge Dart, and some punk in a Mini decides he can take me. He floored it, I gave it half gas. I was still ahead of him. Then I saw a cop and slowed down. He flew by me, and the cop pulled out (He had been about to make a turn) and the Mini slammed into him. It was hysterical. happy.gif

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

earlier today i was running out to future shop to grab a game when this little hyundai(or something, a little old hatchback, it was f*cked up beyond all recognition) pulled up beside me. i didnt even know he wanted to race. so the light goes green, i take off as i normally do, you can hear his car pulling pretty hard, but it isnt even keeping up to my normal acceleration. anyways, i pull into the parking lot, and he follows me(he was going to the same store). i park and he parks a few cars down, i start heading into the store and he says "if i hadn't of missed that shift, i would have had you" jokingly, i laughed and said "we were racing?....and isnt that an automatic" he laughed and said "yeah"

see, i like people who are able to make fun of their own car, and dont have to lie about what they drive to feel special. smile.gif

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:48 PM

Haha! biggrin.gif What do you drive?

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:57 PM

Right there and There

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:04 PM

Nice truck. Too bad about that taillight, though.

lySdEXiA
  • lySdEXiA

3rd Gear and a Ham Sandwich

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:12 PM

i did 7 opposite lock laps of a roundabout tonight if that counts for anything ..<3

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

• The Connection

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Jul 5 2005, 06:26)
see, i like people who are able to make fun of their own car, and dont have to lie about what they drive to feel special. smile.gif

Wow. My Car right here.

If that doesn't make my friend's E 55 more believable, I'll gladly posts pictures of that when he gets back from Spain.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2005 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Over The Wall @ Jul 6 2005, 07:42)
QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Jul 5 2005, 06:26)

Wow. My Car right here.

If that doesn't make my friend's E 55 more believable, I'll gladly posts pictures of that when he gets back from Spain.

that wasnt a shot at you. it was just a statement in general

and
Birthday  20 June 1988

17 and you own an escalade? i have a sudden urge to kill your parents confused.gif

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

• The Connection

Posted 06 July 2005 - 02:27 PM

You're not alone in saying that. I won't disagree with the notion that it is utterly ridiculous for a 17 year old to be the regular driver of an Escalade, but I can't exactly refuse the offer from the parents. I would have been perfectly satisfied with a much less expensive car, but my mom loved it for safety reasons (I laughed, too), and my dad thought it would be easy since he was ready to buy a new car, and he could just give me his Escalade.

It didn't have the rims or the system when he gave it to me for the record- if it is any concilation, I worked for all of that.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:41 PM

Meh, something that ended with a handbrake (more a footbrake as there is no hand command) under the Eiffel tower. Lazy to tell you the whole story.

Soldier
  • Soldier

Go Vols

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:54 PM

I ride a motorcycle most of the time, call it a "crotch rocket." Over a year i've had only 2 stupid people try to race me. One guy was in an old Camaro SS, really a pos. I blew his doors off quiet easily. And the other guy was kinda funny. He rolled up next to me in an old lincoln town car. This guy is a redneck. So anyway he starts reving his engine, and I look over and give a little smile. The light turns green and by the time I got to 70 he was just a spec in the mirror. So I let off figuring it wasn't worth it, the guy does 90 to catch back up with me, pulls right beside me and revs his engine and then takes off. I just laugh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users