Photo

Area 69 Missile Batteries

4 replies to this topic
Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:12 PM

Alright, this has had me pulling my hair out. You know the missile batteries around Area 69? I cannot find them in any of the map IPL's.

I dug this line up from 'counxref.ide' which DEFINES the objects.
CODE
3267, mil_samsite, milbase, 200, 0
Now, I know for a fact that this is the correct object, since I changed the texture it tries to load and the model turned white. So why can't I find where it's actually placed in an IPL anywhere?

I even checked to see if they're placed through the mission script, but that's not the case either.

The biggest thing to note is that a game stripped using Steve's tool doesn't have the batteries. Steve's tool only modifies the MAPS folder and the IMG, so I'm not sure how they're absent in a stripped game.

Anyone got any ideas?

[EDIT]I think I've found them in the binary IPLs, testing.

[EDIT 2] suicidal.gif
user posted image
Note that I am actually editing the right model, as the battery is white due to me changing it's TXD.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ Jul 2 2005, 16:12)
The biggest thing to note is that a game stripped using Steve's tool doesn't have the batteries. Steve's tool only modifies the MAPS folder and the IMG, so I'm not sure how they're absent in a stripped game.

Because it deletes all binary IPLs from the IMG.

Basically you can say that all non-LOD objects are placed by the binary IPLs. Back then when my Map Viewer wasn't able to load them, the whole cities where missing, only some huge landscape parts and a few single objects where there.

LeeDFXP
  • LeeDFXP

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:24 AM

just out curiousity... what were u planning of doing with those things in the first place m8? kept me wondering for a few days now, hehe colgate.gif

LuigiBrotha
  • LuigiBrotha

Part time skinner

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:37 AM

Would be cool if he could put them on a vehicle ... But who knows what he wants to do.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:07 AM

I wanted to see whether the missiles were hardcoded to a particular place or a particular object.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users