» «
Photo

[REL|SA|MOD] new reflection for your cars

10 replies to this topic
MindFuck
  • MindFuck

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2005 - 02:47 PM Edited by MindFuck, 01 July 2005 - 03:20 PM.

I've made a new reflection-map for the cars in SA smile.gif

Here it is:

user posted image

Feel free to use it, just save the picture as xvehicleenv128.bmp and import it to your vehicle.txd with TXDWorkshop.

Hope you guys like it tounge.gif

For more information about the reflection-maps and the reflection-system used in SA please visit this topic:

CLICK

breadfish_by_Moto.gif

Greetz, MF

EDIT:

In case you wanna see some ingame screens to compare the original one to mine ... :
original:

user posted image

mine:

user posted image

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:51 PM

I prefer the original really, your is a little too detailed, especially the definition on that bush...

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:52 PM

I prefer the original really, your is a little too detailed, especially the definition on that bush...

AzO
  • AzO

All rights reserved©

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:35 PM

Well, actually I would rather stick with the old one..
Your refmap makes textures look crappy. Sorry, but I'm just trying
to be honest. turn.gif

Loman
  • Loman

Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Piiiiie

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:10 PM

Check this one out: Download

It makes the shading more subtle and the highlights more pronounced. I think it looks pretty good. I'd post some screens, but you can't really appreciate it until you see it in-game. It looks best with the "No Rust/Dirt" mod installed.

I'm not trying to hijack your topic, but maybe you can improve your reflection map, if you see a different one smile.gif Right now, it looks pretty good, but maybe you should concider toning it down a bit. I remember making reflection maps for GTA3, the ones that were simpler usually looked better.

Xyzar
  • Xyzar

Using up space and oxygen since 1986

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:39 PM

<!-- uhm.. pic? tounge.gif -->

VTEC_Fiend
  • VTEC_Fiend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:36 PM

This reflection probably works better without dirt on cars. Even so I like the original better for the reason that its cleaner and it doesn't show a big cloud on the cars paint. Their is just too much detail in the texture for my tastes I guess.

Off topic: Damn Mindf*ck got banned, I figure its because of his name. I hope he is able to come back...

MindF*ck
  • MindF*ck

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:14 PM

OK, it seems that you don't like it ... fair enough for me ... I just wanted to share it with you becaue i think it looks better confused.gif

@ Loman:
I think yours is a bit too subtle. Just take a look outside, really everything is reflected in the paint of the cars in detail. I was just trying to repruduce something simmilar. I think now we have the possibility given to make something which almost looks like the real one because R* changed the way the reflection-map is used. So I think we can go a bit more in detail than we did in 3 or vc ... well, maybe I did it a bit too extreme ... ok ... if i make a new one, i'll let you know.

I wonder what you guys have said if R* actually made realtime-reflections on the cars .... because i think it would look much more detailed.

breadfish_by_Moto.gif

Greetz, MF

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:36 PM

It's to detailed, and it ends up looking like suds on the car confused.gif Oh, you just re-regestered after being banned, didn't you?

Kitteh
  • Kitteh

^___________^

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (MindF*ck @ Jul 3 2005, 07:14)
OK, it seems that you don't like it ... fair enough for me ... I just wanted to share it with you becaue i think it looks better confused.gif

@ Loman:
I think yours is a bit too subtle. Just take a look outside, really everything is reflected in the paint of the cars in detail. I was just trying to repruduce something simmilar. I think now we have the possibility given to make something which almost looks like the real one because R* changed the way the reflection-map is used. So I think we can go a bit more in detail than we did in 3 or vc ... well, maybe I did it a bit too extreme ... ok ... if i make a new one, i'll let you know.

I wonder what you guys have said if R* actually made realtime-reflections on the cars .... because i think it would look much more detailed.

breadfish_by_Moto.gif

Greetz, MF

That's cool, you got banned and then re-registered. Props.

MindF*ck
  • MindF*ck

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:15 AM

That's cool, you got banned and then re-registered. Props.

Yes I did ... because GTAforums told me to:

CODE
The following reason was given for this action:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please reregister a different username. One without cuss words.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

suicidal.gif

you can read it in my Hummer-thread ....

breadfish_by_Moto.gif

Greetz, MF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users