254 replies to this topic
syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:25 PM

SO? What if?
Did you know that the Hydra looks very like the Sea Harrier? wow.gif
Did you know that lots of bikes/cars looks very like the real cars/bikes? dozingoff.gif
Did you know that there are lots of things that are very much like the real life? nervous.gif
SO?
Did you see posts about that?

Just keep asking, so? What if??
This is been known/discused so many times that... well...

Snares
  • Snares

Oi!

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:27 PM

God almighty, please use the Search tool in future, this debate has been raised a ridiculous amount of times. For the record, and let this be for the record:

Before GTA: SA was even in development, Rockstar North worked closely with local gang experts on the West coast, getting info on styles, language and activites. Some real life gangs may be reflected in the game, but this does not mean they are meant to be them, the gangs are made up, not some kind of in--game representation of actual gangs.

Ottae
  • Ottae

Zoom-Zoom

• Zaibatsu
  • Niue
  • Best Official Gang 2015 [Zaibatsu]

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:13 PM

The thing is, he did search. He search for every Balla/Crisps topic there is and posted the same thing in everyone.

There has been an oversearch here. I think someone needs to clarify that you only need to search for ONE related topic an post your info in there, not search for every related topic and posting it in everyone. confused.gif

Teb
  • Teb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Alternative Child @ Jul 1 2005, 11:29)
What gangs do you think San Andreas gangs are based on?
Well I am trying to see if there 'is a connection in the gangs. Post your Ideas what they could connect too.

GSF - Bloods
Ballas - Crips
Los Santo Vargos - ____
Los Aztecas Varrios - Surenos
San Feirro Rifa - Surenos
Triads - Triads
Mafia - Mafia
Da Nang Thang - Triads

IMO, the Los Santos Vargos represent nortenos confused.gif

RvdVit
  • RvdVit

Most sexy post located to the right. --->

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:37 AM

This is the 3rd thread...

Umm, I think that the Ballas are more Bloods, just because the grape street crips also wear purple, it means little. Clearly, the bloods were more for violence that the Crip set, and were the bigger gang in the beginning, or so I read on wiki.

And the Groves are more peaceful, towards the rest of the city, and the crips were created to control violence on the streets as well.

Vagos, I think, are the latin kings, I have no idea if they wore yellow.

Da Nang looks like some random Vietnamese gang that appears here an there.

Rifas have the same color as the aztecas, yet they're totaly different, so I don't know who the Rifa are.

ziplocc
  • ziplocc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:42 AM

yeah latin kings wear yellow. i dont think any of the gangs were modeled after real life sets tho. they arent "suppose" to be anything but ballas, GSF or vargos...its a f*cking game.

Snares
  • Snares

Oi!

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:05 AM

The Latin Kings are mainly based in the Mid-West and East, so I doubt the Vagos are meant to be them. I reckon Vagos are meant to be Nortenos, and Aztecas are meant to be Surenos. I have poor knowledge of Hispanic gangs, so meh.

Stezza
  • Stezza

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:13 AM

Orange Grove Families : Bloods
Ballas : Crips
Los Santos Vagos : Vatos Cholo
Varrios Los Aztecas : Surtenos
Triads : Triads
San Fierro Rifas : Nortenos
The Da Nang Boys : The Big Bang Boys
Sindacco Family Mafia : Mafia
Russian Mafia : Russian Mafya (that's how it's spelt)

B.G. WolF LoC
  • B.G. WolF LoC

Slobk Killa, BK All Day, Kelly Park C.C.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:19 AM

duz n-e of ya N here duz bangin 4 hiz hood? i c none of ya don't... thiz game iz mixed up... it ain't no real, but 90% iz based on real gangz ...

Grove - Cripz ( 90% , from Neighborhood crip colorz if ya seen they throuw up B sign, itz wrong made)
Ballaz - Bloodz ( 90%, wrong color, if ya seen they throuw up C sign, itz wrong made)
All Mexican Gangz - 13 Sureno, or 18th street gang(Wrong rag wearing, & color of it)

Russian Mafia ( wrong dresscode, wrong look, )

Chinese - when they started 2 bang? i guess they watchin a lot of 2pac & Ice Cube moviez....

ziplocc
  • ziplocc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:00 PM

wow....well first off there are ALOT of asian gangs in real life. there have been for as long as there have been any other gangs.

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:51 AM

Well according to wikipedia "Natoma Boyz" are a vietnamese street gang in LA, which would then explain the Da Nang Boys.

The "Varrio Nuevo Estrada" are also another street gang frol LA located in East LA, which would explain Los Santos Vagos.
Thats all I know

ziplocc
  • ziplocc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:56 AM

nah that wouldnt explain it. not just those two gangs. there are hundreds of asian gangs just in california. and thousands of latino gangs. the biggest being sureno (sur 13), nortenos, mg-13 or ms-13 i cant remember...i think they are affiliated with sur 13, and of course mexican mafia

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (ziplocc @ May 3 2006, 20:56)
nah that wouldnt explain it. not just those two gangs. there are hundreds of asian gangs just in california. and thousands of latino gangs. the biggest being sureno (sur 13), nortenos, mg-13 or ms-13 i cant remember...i think they are affiliated with sur 13, and of course mexican mafia

Well wikipedia seprates all of that crap by nationality. And the only gang from vietnam was that one. And seing as the the DA Nag Boys are vietnamese, I think there may be some similarites. And I said the other one was the Vagos because they are located in east LA. In SA, the Vagos are located in East Los Santos.

No Escape?
  • No Escape?

Skaficionado

• Members

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (B.G. WolF LoC @ May 3 2006, 09:19)
duz n-e of ya N here duz bangin 4 hiz hood? i c none of ya don't... thiz game iz mixed up... it ain't no real, but 90% iz based on real gangz ...

Grove - Cripz ( 90% , from Neighborhood crip colorz  if ya seen they throuw up B sign, itz wrong made)
Ballaz - Bloodz ( 90%, wrong color, if ya seen they throuw up C sign, itz wrong made)
All Mexican Gangz - 13 Sureno, or 18th street gang(Wrong rag wearing, & color of it)

Chinese - when they started 2 bang? i guess they watchin a lot of 2pac & Ice Cube moviez....

Cut that "gangsta" bull sh*t. Please. Seriously, it makes your posts impossible to read, and lowers your reputation considerably. And don't bitch at me and say, "yo, fo'real, I'm a black Crip, dawg". If you're an actual African American in a gang, send me a picture of you with a bunch of Crips. Or would that be a problem?

Actually contributing to this topic, I'm pretty sure that the Da Nang Boys are supposed to be an imitation of the Natoma Boyz. At least, that's what I've been lead to believe.

The rest are pretty obvious. Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, and all that.

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (No Escape? @ May 3 2006, 21:39)

I was never sure if one of the gangs was acctually based off of Latin King. I know that LK are big in New York and I think Chicago, but I never heard about Los Angeles. I could be wrong though dontgetit.gif

No Escape?
  • No Escape?

Skaficionado

• Members

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:33 AM

I just assumed that the Vagos wre the LK, mainly because I could think of no other major Hispanic gang. Perhaps I'm wrong; we can't really be sure, but the overall attitude is that the Vagos are based off the Latin Kings.

B.G. WolF LoC
  • B.G. WolF LoC

• Members

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (No Escape? @ May 4 2006, 01:39)
QUOTE (B.G. WolF LoC @ May 3 2006, 09:19)

Grove - Cripz ( 90% , from Neighborhood crip colorz  if ya seen they throuw up B sign, itz wrong made)

Cut that "gangsta" bull sh*t. Please. Seriously, it makes your posts impossible to read, and lowers your reputation considerably. And don't bitch at me and say, "yo, fo'real, I'm a black Crip, dawg". If you're an actual African American in a gang, send me a picture of you with a bunch of Crips. Or would that be a problem?

Actually contributing to this topic, I'm pretty sure that the Da Nang Boys are supposed to be an imitation of the Natoma Boyz. At least, that's what I've been lead to believe.

wut bout i kill yo' bitch azz huh? punk azz nigga... i ain't wit ya, i talk howeva i wanna, 'n' i bacc ma sh*t up, bitch boyyy...

here, me, ma couzins ma locz, ma folkz, wuteva tha fucc ya wanna...

me in tha middle
user posted image
me again
user posted image
ma couzin
user posted image
me in tha rite, Sky Loc(Kelly Compton Crip), G-Rell(Mactown Crip)
user posted image
ma locz from South Central L.A.
user posted image
ma family, in middle, Sky Loc & G-Rell
user posted image

user posted image

now shutta fucc on up bitch made azz nigga... go succ fat dicc...

Shupac
  • Shupac

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:56 PM Edited by Shupac, 04 May 2006 - 03:52 PM.

That just tha way it iz...

GSF - Bloods;
Ballas - Crips;
Los Santo Vargos - Mexican Mafia or Latin Kings;
Los Aztecas Varrios - Surenos;
San Feirro Rifa - Surenos ;
Triads - Chinese Mafia:
Mafia - Russian Mafia;
Da Nang Thang - Van Nuys.

F--- ALL KRABZ!

WE RULE THA COLD STREETS!

BLOOD4LIFE!

KK4EVER!

CAN YA FEEL ME?!

LA MOB!

YEAH FEEL ME WHEN WE RIDE WITH MY NIGGAZ IN FAT RED JEEPAZ AND AKE'Z 47'Z ARE CUTTING FAKE BUSTAZ KRABZ!!

THAT'Z HOW WE RIDE ON THIZ WEZTZIDE!

che fido
  • che fido

che fido

• Members

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Alternative Child @ Jul 1 2005, 11:29)
What gangs do you think San Andreas gangs are based on?
Well I am trying to see if there 'is a connection in the gangs. Post your Ideas what they could connect too.

GSF - Bloods
Ballas - Crips
Los Santo Vargos - mexican mafia
Los Aztecas Varrios - Surenos
San Feirro Rifa - Surenos
Triads - Triads
Mafia - Mafia
Da Nang Thang - Triads

i think that the Los Santo Vargos are based on the mexican mafia...

B.G. WolF LoC
  • B.G. WolF LoC

• Members

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Shupac @ May 4 2006, 12:56)
That just tha way it iz...

GSF - Bloods;
Ballas - Crips;
Los Santo Vargos - Mexican Mafia or Latin Kings;
Los Aztecas Varrios - Surenos;
San Feirro Rifa - Surenos ;
Triads - Chinese Mafia:
Mafia - Russian Mafia;
Da Nang Thang - Van Nuys.

F--- ALL KRABZ!

WE RULE THA COLD STREETS!

BLOOD4LIFE!

KK4EVER!

CAN YA FEEL ME?!

LA MOB!

YEAH FEEL ME WHEN WE RIDE WITH MY NIGGAZ IN FAT RED JEEPAZ AND AKE'Z 47'Z ARE CUTTING FAKE BUSTAZ KRABZ!!

THAT'Z HOW WE RIDE ON THIZ WEZTZIDE!

C^ B'z down, Bk all day punk azz slob, itz slob killa... muthaphacc all tha slobz, itz crip byatch!!! West Side Kelly Park Compton Crip...

user posted image
user posted image

bK ALL DAY!!! FUCC ALL THA SLObK CUZZ!!! bKOW DOWN WHEN YA C ME PUNK AZZ STR8 bKUSTAZ!
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

ziplocc
  • ziplocc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:51 PM Edited by ziplocc, 10 May 2006 - 08:53 PM.

hahahaha! oh my god...first off....this is a video game...an this is a video game forum. i cant believe you are internet gang bangin on here that is sad.
second, the crip up there how come none of those people are the same in those pics what did you do go look up some sh*t on google an say thats you? i bet you are some little nerdy fat whiteboy. 3rd theres no way in hell you are in compton...compton gang bangers arent sittin at home talkin sh*t on a video game forum to other wannabe gang bangers like that fa**ot blood wannabe. and if you really ARE in compton you are a pussy and shouldnt be hiding out on your computer. and 4th...now this is how i know your sh*t is fake...i see people throwin up the pitchforks in that first picture and you got a picture of the star of david up there. that is not crip sh*t that is folk nation symbols and for you to be usin them as crip symbols is fake and stupid. folk nation GD did ally with the crips a long time ago forming 8 ball where crips did use star of david and learned knowledge from the folks but the 8 ball was eventually broken and the truce was broken. so if you somehow really are a crip from compton take that star of david down 8 ball does not exsist anymore. and trust me i know many folk nation gangsta disciples i know what im talking about. but im not gonna come on here and act like a little kid and internet gang bang like you two fa**ots are doing. so shut the f*ck up and talk about grand theft auto: san andreas. this isnt "little wigger wannabe gang banger forum"

Kouin
  • Kouin

Grafix

• Members

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:09 PM Edited by Kouin, 10 May 2006 - 10:16 PM.

QUOTE (B.G. WolF LoC @ May 4 2006, 12:46)
wut bout i kill yo' bitch azz huh? punk azz nigga... i ain't wit ya, i talk howeva i wanna, 'n' i bacc ma sh*t up, bitch boyyy...

I may be new to these forums..but i doubt a 'real gansta nigga' would use any kind of punctuation. Also, this is the internet, you can't kill us, neither can you scare us....so please, shut the f*ck up.

'If usez a tru banga u goez fine some gangsta bitches and yall can chill da f*ck out, n stay da f*ck away from da GTA forumz before i hack joo.'

EDIT: Also, no two people re-occur in those pictures.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:18 AM

Sorry to crash the e-gangsta party but I am locking this.

Bloodz
  • Bloodz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:30 PM

i used to think it was grove st Bloodz and ballas crips

Gadzooks
  • Gadzooks

bang

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:36 PM

I used to think I didn't care and then again I still don't.

die.gif

devon
  • devon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:54 AM

yeah i think you right and f*ck the guy who said he dont care devil.gif

tuareg
  • tuareg

deus vult when

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Hungary

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Bloodz @ Jun 15 2007, 21:30)
i used to think it was grove st Bloodz and ballas crips

There was hell of a discussion about this issue some time ago. This is the topic we're looking at.

damonf888
  • damonf888

Upstanding Citizen

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

I was just wondering which real life gang Grove St is based on. I know Ryder looks like Eazy E and Sweet kinda looks like Dr. Dre so that would suggest that they are Crips but the way they unite against the Ballas would suggest they are Bloods because a lot of the gangs united against the Crips and formed the Bloods. So I don't really know for certain. anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: You're able to get a "Westside" tatoo so that would also suggest that they are Westside Crips...

dogg_father153
  • dogg_father153

pro hacker for 5 years

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:34 PM

yeah crips ryder is probably my favourite ped cool.gif look at my avatar it's eazy e turn.gif

damonf888
  • damonf888

Upstanding Citizen

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

cool he looks exactly like him

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users