Quantcast

» «
Photo

San Andreas Gangs, Based on real gangs?

242 replies to this topic
Alternative Child
  • Alternative Child

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:29 AM Edited by Alternative Child, 02 July 2005 - 06:51 AM.

What gangs do you think San Andreas gangs are based on?
Well I am trying to see if there 'is a connection in the gangs. Post your Ideas what they could connect too.

GSF - Bloods
Ballas - Crips
Los Santo Vargos - ____
Los Aztecas Varrios - Surenos
San Feirro Rifa - Surenos
Triads - Triads
Mafia - Mafia
Da Nang Thang - Triads

Heartless
  • Heartless

What are you looking at?

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:01 PM

Possibly the biggest wigger thread in history. Please close this.
  • Xbodyinspectorx likes this

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:01 PM Edited by nlitement, 01 July 2005 - 12:13 PM.

Hey!

http://en.wikipedia....es_street_gangs
http://en.wikipedia....of_street_gangs

I think that Crips = Ballas (since Crips have hoods in Watts, the one with those funny towers you know those ice cream cup like.). But I doubt it hard.

Here's the Watts towers: http://upload.wikime...atts-towers.jpg

Triad: Wo Shing Wo? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad

The Mafia is just the Russian Mafia.

Crazy_Triad_guy
  • Crazy_Triad_guy

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:22 PM

The gsf and ballas are crips and bloods.
It was said along time ago

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Crazy_Triad_guy @ Jul 1 2005, 12:22)
The gsf and ballas are crips and bloods.
It was said along time ago

Therefore:

GSF = Bloods
Ballas = Crips

DigitallyInsane^
  • DigitallyInsane^

Simplicity Advanced.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:48 PM

We can't just assume that the Ballas and GSF are the Crips and Bloods, they're not the only gangs in existance......geez, wigga thread is right. There are so many different sets of Crips and Bloods that they couldn't possibly just base the GSF and Ballas on them. I really don't think this thread is going to go anywhere.....

Alternative Child
  • Alternative Child

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:05 PM

Well after some research and thinking, i found this...

San Fierro Rifa and Los azteca varrios could possibly be "Mexican Mafia" because they are known to wear blue.

And I think that the GSF could possibly be the Crips because the Crips are know to wear green at times.

MissileDefender
  • MissileDefender

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:19 PM

If you read the SA book youd see it says that any gangs or characters in this game are coincidential to anyone in real life.

CarlJohnson24
  • CarlJohnson24

Please don't leave carl!

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:08 AM

These threads fu*king sh*ts me, tell you why the Bloods, Crips, Surenos which are real gangs have no relation to Grove Street Families, Ballas, Aztecas and Vagos which have no relation to the Bloods, Crips, Surenos.It clearly states in the GTA: San Andreas booklet: that any gangs or characters in this game are coincidential to anyone or gang/group in real life.

HERE is a link to streetgangs.com: Bloods- http://www.streetgangs.com/bloods/
Crips- http://www.streetgangs.com/crips/

^Red up on this info. monocle.gif

hassata
  • hassata

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:31 AM

Possibly, the GTA series took place a Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy far, Far Away.

G.StreetOG
  • G.StreetOG

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:56 AM

why would both, the triads and the da nang boys be triads, when the da nang boys are vietnamiese blink.gif , so it wrong

and yeah, you don't know what gsf and ballas are, they will have based the gangs in the game on the gangs but not in any particular way so they relate to them

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:26 PM

Is Orange Grove Families the Blood, and the Ballas the Crips? What are the Vagos, and the Aztecas?

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:27 PM

? Explain and i might be able to give you an answer blink.gif

ShAddowZ080
  • ShAddowZ080

H3LL RAISER

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:28 PM

i think this guy thinks that the gangs in san andreas are suppose to model from real gangs(color wise)

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:29 PM

Oh. Didn't realise. I didn't even know they were a copy of real gangs. Im thick suicidal.gif

amilo000
  • amilo000

yeezy

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:41 PM

What gangs are they meant to represent??

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (amilo000 @ Aug 1 2005, 15:41)
What gangs are they meant to represent??

Thats what the topics about biggrin.gif

ShAddowZ080
  • ShAddowZ080

H3LL RAISER

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:44 PM

i think rockstar tryed to make there gangs as far different as real life gangs... do you know any purple gangs???

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (ShAddowZ080 @ Aug 1 2005, 15:44)
i think rockstar tryed to make there gangs as far different as real life gangs... do you know any purple gangs???

The purple nines biggrin.gif

In real life, no. Mind you im not to fluent in many gangs really

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:55 PM

No I don't think they model real life gangs color wise. When did I mention color? And of course Rockstar isn't going to use the exact color, Rockstar will change the real-life gang color to a new arbitrary color so the similarities are not as bold. Nothing in the game is exactly like what it is supposed to represent in real life. But it is similar enough to portray some of the history of Los Angeles. The city is named Los Santos but it doesn't take a genius to figure out it is meant to be Los Angeles. Likewise the Ballas wear purple but that doesn't mean the gang in real life wears purple.

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:57 PM

Very true. Its still almost impossible to determine which gangs which with there being hundreds of gangs in LA alone

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:04 PM Edited by soleil, 01 August 2005 - 04:09 PM.

QUOTE (51L3N7 4554551N @ Aug 1 2005, 15:57)
Very true. Its still almost impossible to determine which gangs which with there being hundreds of gangs in LA alone

Yeah. The reason why I am thinking Bloods and Crips is because SA's storyline involves a lot of elements from the real-life story of Tupac and Biggie Smalls. Tupac and Biggie used to be friends, and Tupac is jumped in NY and goes to prison shortly afterwards (on charges that were already on him). In prison, Tupac decides (Notorious) BIG and Puffy are behind it. The SA storyline where Sweet gets betrayed by BIG (smoke) and Ryder is similar, except Sweet lives... and other things were changed too so that it is a happy ending for the OGF, other than the loss of Beverly Johnson. The Riot mission is most likely mean to capture LA's riots in response to the Rodney King trial. (Thus SA is telling a story of LA, not just the Bloods and Crips). Also, don't forget the Record Label-and-Gang connection in SA is like the Death Row-Blood and Bad Boy-Crip relations. AND Tenpenny and Pulaski are CRASH in SA, and CRASH was a real life police organization, and it was found that many officers on the force were corrupt, using the gangs for their own benefit, and some were gang members themselves. No doubt SA is telling LA's story, I was just wondering if I was off about the Grove being Blood and the Ballas being Crip.

ShAddowZ080
  • ShAddowZ080

H3LL RAISER

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:06 PM

true i can only name like 5 gangs off the top of my head

daniel_law
  • daniel_law

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:13 AM

Sorry this took months to answer.

But the Grape Street Watts which are a set of the Crips wear Purple.

Bryce.
  • Bryce.

f*ck them and their whole crew

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (daniel_law @ Nov 15 2005, 06:13)

this is true. when i went on a mission trip to L.A. when i was young we were "not allowed" to wear red blue or purple anything in the city.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:00 PM

that was alarge bumb lol. do yŤou realise half of the people who posted are banned
lol

SWEETSAPRIK
  • SWEETSAPRIK

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Sourest Member

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Nov 15 2005, 12:00)

that was alarge bumb lol. do yŤou realise half of the people who posted are banned
lol

Yeah, but at least his post actually added something to the topic.
Yours, not so much. confused.gif

But as people have already said, even if they had made the gangs in SA exact copies of real life gangs in every other respect, they still would have changed the colors. People already whine that the game "glorifies" gang violence, and other illegal activity (although I don't personally think it does glorify it), but if they had gangs that wore red and blue the likeness to the bloods and crips would be too much.

I think it's the same thing as they do with the cars. They copy a few as closely as possible, then combine them so you can't prove which one they intended it to be. Or in this case change colors, If iI had to guess I'd say they went from blue to purple, and from red to green, but that's just a wild guess.

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (SWEETSAPRIK @ Nov 15 2005, 13:12)
I think it's the same thing as they do with the cars. They copy a few as closely as possible, then combine them so you can't prove which one they intended it to be. Or in this case change colors, If iI had to guess I'd say they went from blue to purple, and from red to green, but that's just a wild guess.
[/color]

Actually the reason they dont put the real cars in is because they dont get the licences for them. Most of thier cars are copied from real life cars, and I guess R* is to lazy to do all that.

But anyway on the gang note, Beforethe game was released, R* was talking about how they picked early 1990's in LA was good to set the game in because of the conflict between the Bloods and Crips durring that period. So yes, the Ballas are supossedly based of Crips, and GSF off Blood. And I dont know what gangs are in LA, but Im asumming that the Vagos and Aztecas would be based off of the Latin King, which is a latin gang not as big as Blood and Crip, but is pretty big.

Oficer Osorio
  • Oficer Osorio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (soleil @ Aug 1 2005, 14:26)
Is Orange Grove Families the Blood, and the Ballas the Crips? What are the Vagos, and the Aztecas?

they are just the Mexican Gangs, i think some REAL Mexican Gang in LA is THE WARRIORS or something like that. die.gif

SWEETSAPRIK
  • SWEETSAPRIK

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Sourest Member

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (ATK @ Nov 15 2005, 17:05)
QUOTE (SWEETSAPRIK @ Nov 15 2005, 13:12)

Actually the reason they dont put the real cars in is because they dont get the licences for them. Most of thier cars are copied from real life cars, and I guess R* is to lazy to do all that.

Actually that was my point, they don't have the licenses but still try to copy the cars just enough for people to tell which one they intended them to be. Most of their cars are obviously modelled after a real life vehicle, and could be made to look exactly like the real ones if they wanted them to. But since they don't have the licenses they'd get sued, so they change each one just enough to stop from getting sued.

Them not using real cars has nothing to do with them being lazy, they have two very good reasons, first off the companies would be hesitant to allow it for a game that's as controversial as GTA and waiting for them to okay it might take time, second that would be a lot of money to pay just for the cars to be real. So they save time and money and most people get the idea of which car each one is supposed to be anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users