Photo

leaning in FPS games

5 replies to this topic
memento27oasis
  • memento27oasis

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:16 AM

I always encounter dudes that lean while playing Medal of Honor online. What I can't figure out is:

A)why do they do this?

B)how do you strafe and lean at the same time with one key? (when you designate the "a" key to be "strafe left" and the "a" key to be "lean left" only one is activated, you can't have one key do two things, or can you?

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:57 AM

They are holding two buttons at the same time and they most likely have the lean keys mapped to "Q" and "E".
The reason they do it is to throw you off and it helps them avoid bullets a little more.

fox09
  • fox09

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:21 AM

I used to do that by holding "E", and "D". It actually works pretty well. All you do, is slide your hand back a little bit, then take your left index finger, and press the "E" key with the pad of your finger. And the "D" with the joint of it.

Hope I helped.

memento27oasis
  • memento27oasis

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:51 AM

You know it really doesn't distract me while playing to see a leaning dude. It would seem like it's distracting him, making it harder for him to control while the screen is slanted like that. also, since your dude is slanted, is the collision detection for when the game senses that you've been hit off kilter? does it mess with that?

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 02 July 2005 - 04:55 AM

I don't know about with Metal Of Honor but I know if COD and AA the tilt isn't so much that it would throw you off.

The idea is to use the lean to peek around corners and possiblilly get a shot off without exposing too much of your body.

As for finger placement, just find what works for you. Everyone is different. For example fox09's idea confuses the hell out of me. Personally for a D and E combo I have my middle finger on E and index on D, however for A and Q combo it's middle on A and right fingers on Q. If for some odd reason I need to be able to do W/S plus a lean plus straff, then 1 finger will press both buttons at the same time using only the tip of my fingers. But again this is what I do, find something that works for you and use it.
I also personally don't move around the map leaning either, I only use it for looking around corners.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:32 PM

Some of my mates lean on games like Timesplitters and other FPS, I myself tend to lean when playing racing games! biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users