Photo

Honda CRX

17 replies to this topic
xronhead
  • xronhead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:05 PM

I just finished a honda crx witch looks pretty cool you can go to my site please leave any ideas or comments for this car and any others you see on the site.

Finished cars

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:39 PM

Modeling: really dosn't look very smooth/good at all. but might just be cause the pictures are sized down.
normals: or there lack of.
textures: again, or there lack of.

it's a good start but the car body looks kinda sh*tty, the normals suck, and theres no texturing.

sometimes i think i'm a bit to honest lol.

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:25 PM

thats some heavy rice, you gotta warn before posting such things!

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Majestic @ Jun 30 2005, 12:25)
thats some heavy rice, you gotta warn before posting such things!

yes. some of us are allergic sad.gif barf8bd.gif

so how about a wireframe/poly count?

gunmod
  • gunmod

Steam ID: GunMod

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Neo-K 182 @ Jun 30 2005, 12:39)
Modeling: really dosn't look very smooth/good at all. but might just be cause the pictures are sized down.

it's a good start but the car body looks kinda sh*tty, the normals suck, and theres no texturing.

Is there a reason why some of you people have to be so harsh when doing criticism?

Bumper3D
  • Bumper3D

Still on 80's

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (gunmod @ Jun 30 2005, 21:30)
Is there a reason why some of you people have to be so harsh when doing criticism?

He's not harsh. Honest would be better word.

I agree with Neo and besides, I'm not into this rice sh*t anyways. whatsthat.gif

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (gunmod @ Jun 30 2005, 13:30)
QUOTE (Neo-K 182 @ Jun 30 2005, 12:39)

harsh would of been the following:

wow that model is a peice of sh*t. first of all, it's rice and rice f*cking sucks, secondly the normals are f*cked to hell. theres no texturing at all, which makes it more sh*tty.

that would of been harsh. i personally dont like being harsh when it comes to models, so i was honest as i said and then bumper backed me up on.

Ticktock
  • Ticktock

Too Legit To Quit.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

I aggree with neo, I don't thing it looks very good, (of course I don't know what a 'tricked out' honda crx looks like because like many others here, I don't like rice grinders)

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:30 PM

Neo put it in the most direct and honest way IMO. I think that the author should worry less on 3D details and perfect the body first.

-duder

Bushman_XXL
  • Bushman_XXL

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:48 PM

yes it looks more like a modified fiat stilo than a honda crx ... really weird construction , for your first attempt i would try to make an unmodified car , maybe thats easier smile.gif

Crxlancer
  • Crxlancer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:09 AM

dude i LOVE crx's, and this Crx looks like sh*t. it doesnt look like a CRX at all. maybe just make it more realistic

KnockOut
  • KnockOut

"This noodle's black..."

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:16 AM

C'mon... whether it's a ricer or not... it's cool to see all different kinds of cars getting modeled. Not just hotrod after hotrod, which I personally don't even like... (and I'm saying this to show the difference in opinions, between EEEEEVERYONE.)

.::evil inside::.
  • .::evil inside::.

Series 4 RX2 + 12at

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:27 AM

give the guy a break, I mean I'll be the first to say that his modelling isnt so good, but the details are there... kind of... and If he likes cars that are 'modified' in this way then so be it, doesnt mean you need to pay out on it. Although it doesnt cater for my taste or anyone on gtaf it would seem, there is alot of people that would consider something like that a respectable 'show car' although I would fall to the ground and laugh so hard untill I cried if I saw it drive past smile.gif

Ticktock
  • Ticktock

Too Legit To Quit.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:35 AM

Were just critisizing if anything it will help him. He'll get better, its not like were telling him not to do anything again.

@Knockout: you don't know the meaning of the word 'hotrod' do you?

xronhead
  • xronhead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:55 AM

I'm a newbie!

Just started this monthso it's hard to get sh*t smooth. I know it might look like a piece of sh*t in the pics. i put them on the site just to show what i was working on in the screenshots part of the web site the first pic there is the first one i did. i wanted to do more and it doesn't look that bad for my first real modification to the car. Right now it's not going to look smooth i'm still working on it and three others. i don't like hotrods, i like ricers it takes more to get the power out of them. I didn't want it to look like a crx, it's a crx with a wide bodykit. i do not have textures for it. its done all in materials colors. if anyone have textures for it that would be great you can put them on i'll send car. cool.gif

Keep on commenting and leave some ideas for the cars.

honda crx vertice : 27071 faces : 41009

cars working on right now.rahkstar2.gif

Honda crx In progress for 3 weeks
Honda civic In progress for 1 week
Honda delsol In progress for 1 week
Acura Integra In progress for 1 week

thanks for criticism and calling the car a piece of sh*t. And thanks to people that stood up for my post.cool.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (xronhead @ Jul 1 2005, 14:25)
thanks for criticism and calling the car a piece of sh*t. And thanks to people that stood up for my post.cool.gif

You posted a topic, thus you were wanting to show off and let us give you tips and ideas on how to improve that's critisism and something you'll need to take on if you intend on posting here.

We don't and shouldn't have to suger-coat anything when this forum is used for people to show off their work and get some contructive crits. I altknowledge that some people did say"its sh*t" and that's not on but what sip said was extremly useful in you becoming a better modeller.

xronhead
  • xronhead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:10 AM Edited by xronhead, 01 July 2005 - 05:26 AM.

i didn't see to many crxs for gta so i am making them modified or not. it's not a fiat that body was a crx. hey i'm taking the criticism i know it will help thats want i want is for them to criticis and give ideas.

i am using zmodeler for modeling and capturepad for screenshots.

GTAnarcist
  • GTAnarcist

FINALLY BACK!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:27 PM

way too ricey for me. but its better than what i can do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users