Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:33 AM

DS or PSP?

Me PSP

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:47 AM

Didn't put much effort into this topic did you? You don't really give any reason why you want to propose this question or any reasons for or against. Not to mention you posted this in Gen Chat when we have a perfectly good Gaming Chat forum. I'll move it but it might be good if you added more to your posts.

mr.easy
  • mr.easy

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:49 AM

PSP

Hunter•
  • Hunter•

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:51 AM

PSP > DS.

Bar none. It's not even worth elaborating

sorry Nintendo

RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:16 AM

Neither. Handheld systems suck.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:32 AM

Gameboy>psp>DS

i mean, playing games in 4 SHADES OF GREY!!! completely and thoroughly owns 3D. you think you cen step to 8 bit? you cant. you cant.

user posted image

ThaddeusMcKlown
  • ThaddeusMcKlown

Relentless Pursuit of Progress

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (SIP_YEK_NOD @ Jun 29 2005, 23:32)
Gameboy>psp>DS

i mean, playing games in 4 SHADES OF GREY!!! completely and thoroughly owns 3D. you think you cen step to 8 bit? you cant. you cant.

user posted image

Well put. Of course, PS2 pwns all of them.
-TM-

mr.easy
  • mr.easy

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (ThaddeusMcKlown @ Jun 30 2005, 03:43)
QUOTE (SIP_YEK_NOD @ Jun 29 2005, 23:32)
Gameboy>psp>DS

user posted image

Well put. Of course, PS2 pwns all of them.
-TM-

Well this topic is about the PSP and the DS not the PS2.

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:06 AM

I killed a gas station attendant with a DS. But he deserved it. tounge.gif I mean seriously, who wants a handheld that wheighs as much as a console? I think Nindnto might as well cut cinder blocks in half, hinge them togehter, and paint screens on them. They'd get the same effect.

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:27 PM

the PSP just owns the DS i mean....the DS still does 2D what are they thinking a next gen handheld and some of it's games are still in 2D! plus i'm not really a big fan of mario and donkey kong etc so to me the games suck and the DS is way too big for what it can't do. the PSP is like half the size and it has double the graphic ability. Sorry if this is a bit one sided but still.

Medallion Man
  • Medallion Man

God made me funky.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (SIP_YEK_NOD @ Jun 30 2005, 03:32)
Gameboy>psp>DS

user posted image

Pah!!

Game-&-watch> your fancy 1990ís technology.

user posted image

Itís all about fancy Dot Matrix screen graphics and ĎStereo Soundí with you kids ainít it?

Games didnít need flashy Dot Matrix greyscale screens to be fun when I were a lad...

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:37 PM

user posted image

Wait...Can you only play 2 games on that? that's urm...crap tounge.gif

ADJ
  • ADJ

The Wizard from Worcester

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

I didn't have anything to do today, so I played a DS in a shop. It frightened me.

Definately PSP.

boobtronic
  • boobtronic

Battletoads..a simpler time

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

DS, for me. I have a ps2, dvd player, and mp3 player at home. And the ignorant dink who said the DS weighs too much...have you even played one? It's not heavy at all. Assuming you have any muscle mass whatsoever. I dunno, but something about 5 hours of battery, a small screen, and the same sh*t I play on my ps2 doesn't appeal to me greatly. Oh, and don't forgte the price, $350 + memory stick= Not worth it, Like I said, I can do all that stuff at home.

Trogdor!
  • Trogdor!

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:15 PM

Ah, the classic PSP vs DS argument.

I prefer the DS myself. The graphics are fine, which isn't that important anyway seeing as gameplay makes a game, which the DS Touchscreen can add a new depth to.
Unfortunately.. there's not many good games for the DS right now, but there will be.

As for the PSP, I think it's too fragile, and costs far too much for what it can do (granted alot).
I could go much more in depth about it but it'll take ages to write it. Just consider this: If there've been so many DS sales (more than the PSP, even), it shows it can't be as bad as you all make out, because in the end it all boils down to opinion. There's no "actual" winner.

Hunter•
  • Hunter•

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (boobtronic @ Jun 30 2005, 16:04)
DS, for me. I have a ps2, dvd player, and mp3 player at home. And the ignorant dink who said the DS weighs too much...have you even played one? It's not heavy at all. Assuming you have any muscle mass whatsoever. I dunno, but something about 5 hours of battery, a small screen, and the same sh*t I play on my ps2 doesn't appeal to me greatly. Oh, and don't forgte the price, $350 + memory stick= Not worth it, Like I said, I can do all that stuff at home.

Your a hypocritical, exagorating tit. You come into every PSP/handheld thread and spew out the same sh*t.

You obviously haven't even played a PSP, from what you're describing it as. 5 hours. lawl

I love how you say that the psp has the same sh*t from the PS2. And from a Nintendo fan.

I've heard game developers say that trying to controller the DS and use the touchscreen "adds more of a challenge to the game". I'm sure it's adding alot to the gameplay value. I mean how fun would it be playing metroid prime, aiming, moving, and shooting whist trying to actually hold the device in your hand. And thanks for tacking on $50 more than the actual price. It's not even that much in Canada.

You see the point of handheld things are that you don't have to haul around your PS2, dvd player, and mp3 player. That's what I bought my beautiful PSP for. It can also browse the internet. smile.gif

Oh and small screen? Are you on crack? The PSP's one screen is bigger than both of the DS's screen's combine.

user posted image

Nintendo fanboys are just fun.

Yuck Fou
  • Yuck Fou

<3 Mar

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (RearEndCollision @ Jun 29 2005, 22:16)
Neither. Handheld systems suck.

I concur, old chap.

Bizzare
  • Bizzare

Men dont follow titles, they follow courage.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:22 AM

I know my opinion like so many others isnt welcome here but yes, handhold systems are about as pointless as a condom with aero-dynamic speed holes. The ratio of people who actually have proper use for them to those that buy them is small. Sure we justify in our minds that when the parents are arguing in the car or when im on one of those 2 minute train rides where I have to make sure im watching at what stops it's making I can easily sit there and watch a 3 hour movie to make the time go faster, but it's all a lie people.

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Martini Racing @ Jun 30 2005, 00:06)
I killed a gas station attendant with a DS. But he deserved it. tounge.gif

That was the worst attempt at humor I've ever read. Better luck next time.

My decision? Since the PSP battery life and sound quality make me want to cry, and the DS doesn't live up to the features I'm looking for in a handheld at the moment, I'll stick with Gizmondo for now.

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (boobtronic @ Jun 30 2005, 22:04)

5 hours?? 5 HOURS? i can play for atleast 10 before my battry starts getting critical but then who the hell would want to play for 10 hours straight?

The whole touch screen idea for the DS was i good idea but i'm still to see it being put to any real good use....and i have to agree about metroid prime it was hard just to press all the contols let alone hold the DS. my finger got sore from the bloddy thing (can't rmember how it got sore)

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (boobtronic @ Jun 30 2005, 22:04)

I have played one... Iv'e seen better graphics at the arcade. And you don't seem to know what sarcasm is. I do have muscle mass, and I don't in any way resemble the typical gamer. It's not really heavy, but for a handheld, it is. And what's with those gay "Screen magnifiers"?
Here the PSP costs $100. 00 . and you get a case, two memory sticks, all that crap. Only poor people clomplian about how much stuff is, and exagerate(sp?) like that. DS=gimmick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users