14 replies to this topic
PixelMatic
  • PixelMatic

Whoah! Nostalgia Attack!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:34 AM

user posted image

user posted image

Hey you guys! Its me doing a Graphix Showcase like the olden days when I was a wee lad. I'd like the common /10 rating scale on these two Desktops and my Sig/Ava Combination please and thank you. Glad to be back aboard this uh.. board! Cheers. biggrin.gif

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:10 AM

[constructive criticism]I like the second one alot. The first one seems too crowded.[/constructive criticism]

Also, the "x/10"-ratings are banned, since they are considered as spam.

and...uh...welcome back?

PixelMatic
  • PixelMatic

Whoah! Nostalgia Attack!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:12 AM

Haha.. Wow.. It got that bad? Oh well. There goes the rating system, thanks for the constructive criticism. And I like the 2nd one alot too, thats why I put it 2nd. Thanks for the suggestion! And thanks for welcoming me back. biggrin.gif

ThaddeusMcKlown
  • ThaddeusMcKlown

With the birds I'll share this lonely view...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

I gotta agree with yngve. The first one is too crowded, but the second is good.

and Welcome Back!
-TM-

Y.T.
  • Y.T.

f*ck power

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:13 PM

The only thing wrong i see w3ith the first one is just the empty space on the outside(top and right). Other than that i really like the rest of the first and second.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:26 PM

The first one looks nicer, but anime makes me cry, and the fact it's the only hint of full colour puts the rest off.

DiVaio
  • DiVaio

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:38 PM

I like the second one better as well, because it focusses more on one thing, instead of more pictures like the first one.
It's still a good picture, I can see you put some major effort into both of them.

Confusion
  • Confusion

Suck my boomstick

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:44 PM

Nice, I love your style. Same as everyone else though, the second one's the best.

immessedup17
  • immessedup17

Crocodile Tears

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:08 PM

papanesta just tells you not to do number ratings to throw you off. He actually is quite in love with them, and encourages bullsh*t number ratings to make the artist unsure of his or her artwork.

3/10.

Pixel, jesus man. A little more effort maybe? tounge.gif

Nah man, they look excellent. I'm not a big anime fan, but they are damn good. Now, the top one is a bit crowded, a lot going on, a lot of different styles and whatnot. The "tech" type stuff mixing with the tree...and then the anime, just seems a bit much to me.

Well done though. Better than most.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:26 PM

/me pulls out checklist

1. Strange 3D shapes with high-contrast lighting? X
2. Downloaded brushes? X
3. Kanji characters spelling nothing in particular? X
4. Anime characters you probably didn't draw? X
5. Bad plus sign patterns poorly masked? X

No offense, amigo, but it's like looking into a three-year old time warp. Back in 2002 this stuff was exciting and sh*t, but now... it's kinda really OLD. Perhaps you should develop your own style instead of emulating depthcore and throwing in anime?

You DO, however, have excellent composition. You placed everything in a pretty good place and it helps to pull all the parts together.

PixelMatic
  • PixelMatic

Whoah! Nostalgia Attack!

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:05 AM

Well, I didn't use any brushes.. and the + signs were hand made, my high contrast abstract 3D shapes I used with Photoshop are my favorite. There is more style in the second one however because I was building a theme, the first one was a composite. However I do use anime I don't draw and I only use it as a composite type image that brings the whole thing together, except for the first one because that area was very.. empty. My graphics style has not evolved quite yet as I just got back into graphics from about 3 years ago. So bear with me eh? Haha.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:13 AM

The second one is nice. I might even use it to cover up my crap wallpaper. tounge.gif

The first one would be might look better if the top left wasn't black/dark.

Good job though. Better than I could ever hope to do.

king surfer
  • king surfer

Omni-f*ck

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:07 PM

Yeah i gotta agree with everyone and say the second one is better. It doesnt mean the first ones worst as thats pretty kickass too. But to be honest with you if want Anuj said is correct i really cannot give you credit for "your" work.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (PixelMatic @ Jun 30 2005, 00:05)
Well, I didn't use any brushes.. and the + signs were hand made, my high contrast abstract 3D shapes I used with Photoshop are my favorite. There is more style in the second one however because I was building a theme, the first one was a composite. However I do use anime I don't draw and I only use it as a composite type image that brings the whole thing together, except for the first one because that area was very.. empty. My graphics style has not evolved quite yet as I just got back into graphics from about 3 years ago. So bear with me eh? Haha.

Sure, no problem. I'm just saying that anyone who follows digital art to any extent is definitely going to agree with the "blast from the past" part. wink.gif

Havana
  • Havana

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:19 PM

Make your "logo" less horrendously large in the second one and I'll like it enough. If you want, I'll spell out "PixelBurst" for you in Katakana, but otherwise drop the random Kanji because it's just stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users