» «
Photo

Renderbitching.

10 replies to this topic
Moto
  • Moto

Frat.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:52 AM Edited by Moto, 29 June 2005 - 06:56 AM.

Renderbitching

Computer tower is an old model, made the scene and the monitor quick, and rendered with brazil r/s. Sorry about the relative low quality of the render and the lighting, but like I said, this was fast. I'm rendering a better version overnight.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

By the way, if you have any wood textures, PLEASE IN THE NAME OF GOD GIVE THEM TO ME. Thank you.

EDIT: Oh, and, I made this little thing in about 10 minutes.

user posted image

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:10 AM

I don't think I've ever asked, but how do you actually model these? Normal poly models, or something like NURMS?

But, of course, the end result is brilliant. Overall the scene looks too dark, though I imagine it's hard to a lot of range out of a scene lit by a window.

Maybe try to balance it with a second light on the ceiling?

Octember
  • Octember

propaganda inc

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Jun 29 2005, 00:10)
I don't think I've ever asked, but how do you actually model these? Normal poly models, or something like NURMS?

But, of course, the end result is brilliant. Overall the scene looks too dark, though I imagine it's hard to a lot of range out of a scene lit by a window.

Maybe try to balance it with a second light on the ceiling?

i usually start with a box with like 30 segments/polys.
it can be easy if you get the hang of it.

anyways... nice work as always, but this isn't my favorite of yours, gotta add more light like opius said. there's also just something about that monitor that i don't like.

still awesome.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (Octember @ Jun 29 2005, 17:14)

Dude, I know how to model myself. tounge.gif

I was wondering how Moto did it.

Octember
  • Octember

propaganda inc

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Jun 29 2005, 00:22)
QUOTE (Octember @ Jun 29 2005, 17:14)

Dude, I know how to model myself. tounge.gif

I was wondering how Moto did it.

*whistles*

looks like he did a bunch of boxes.... one with the corner rounded off... bah, i can't guess his 'mysterious' ways.

LuigiBrotha
  • LuigiBrotha

Part time skinner

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (Octember @ Jun 29 2005, 07:14)
anyways... nice work as always, but this isn't my favorite of yours, gotta add more light like opius said. there's also just something about that monitor that i don't like.

Seems to me that it is because he used something to fill up the screen which was line-like. You can see a few lines in the black part of the monitor ... Other then that it looks good.

PixelMatic
  • PixelMatic

Whoah! Nostalgia Attack!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:06 AM

I am in awe, you are clearly great at 3D work. I could only wish I got as good, however one step at a time.. Step 1.. Get a 3D Graphics Program. sad.gif

Moto
  • Moto

Frat.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:44 PM Edited by Moto, 29 June 2005 - 04:48 PM.

user posted image

Higher quality, a little bit brighter. I got another one going with a skylight as well as the window light, should make it alot brighter.

Edit: Opius, this is ALOT of objects. Mostly modified cubes, the frame itself is one. But I don't do the standard make a cube with divisions and work off of that, I use just a 1x1 division cube and extrude and make whatever divisions I want in editable poly/mesh. I also use booleans alot to make things quicker and easier, but make sure the boolean is the last step in your modelling hierarchy, because if you do it first you have alot of problems ahead of you.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:47 PM

Word, I find that the best way to model objects like guns and anything with a lot of complex parts coming off. Box modeling is fun and all, but unless I'm shooting for certain polycount I'd rather use a bunch of modified primitives, group them (if I'm just doing a clay render) or boolean them if I need one object (for unwrapping and such).

mofo - Eddie is leet. I even like it better than the computer. user posted image

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:36 PM

Never noticed this before. Looks pretty good. I think i rember you posting that tower aw long time ago. But anyways the lighting is better in the second one.

QUOTE (LuigiBrotha)
Seems to me that it is because he used something to fill up the screen which was line-like. You can see a few lines in the black part of the monitor ... Other then that it looks good.

Do you have any idea what we are talking about?

Octember
  • Octember

propaganda inc

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2005 - 04:03 PM

i was also thinking of easier ways of making simple towers and so what with 3d exports from sketchup...
i made a simple tower from sketch up.. i found that the easiest way. then you just model simple poly modeling onto your tower and voila.

it's my way... found it simplest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users