[REQ] Photo Transparency

6 replies to this topic
Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:33 AM

Hello all,

I was wondering if one of you could possibly do a quick job on the below image for me.
user posted image

I need everything except for the guys cut off of there. I basically want a quick transparency job done so that the three guys in the picture are left in-tact (the hair is no doubt the hardest part) as much as possible. Please re-post the finished image in a PNG-24 quality.

I know it sounds like something rather simple (for the most part) and I would be able to do it, only problem is is that my optical mouse died out for good a few weeks ago and I haven't been bothered to go and buy a new one. The current mouse I am using is what I refer to as the "sticky testicle mouse" because the stupid rubber ball sticks up every two inches on it - making it impossible to do any fine-detailed work.

Thank you in advance,
Help is appreciated;
-Barb.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:44 AM

Here ya go.user posted image

Actually wait for an edit, I see this one is going to be a bitch

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:47 AM

I was using the "Color Selection" tool, trying to get rid of some of the whites that stuck by their hair, but it was starting to become hard for me without having a fully functional mouse.

My edges also kept coming out very sharp and blocky, a bit like yours - I want them to be as rounded and smooth as possible (if possible).

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:11 AM Edited by Technical Difficulty, 29 June 2005 - 06:15 AM.

I'll try it tomorrow, if I remember.

King - A little advice, don't use the magic wand tool to do transparency.

ISuck
  • ISuck

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:58 AM

Just remember, no matter what you do it's not going to look absolutely pristine against this blue background. I might try some stuff later if you guys dont already have it.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:14 PM

user posted image

The hair was such a bitch. Meh, I'm not a renderer anyways.

Ew, man, that sucks. Well, 8 minutes of work will do that.

If you're making a sig with it, it shouldn't be bad if you feather it. It should turn out pretty nice really.

tehhunter
  • tehhunter

ShaqFu2u

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:46 AM

Use Photoshop -> Filters -> Extract (using the assist option that makes it go more clearly on large color changes.)

This should actually be a relatively easy picture to extract seeing as its black and white.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users