vorbisfile.dll and ogg.dll issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic
adroit4
  • adroit4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:00 AM

I coudnt find anything on this topic, so starting a new one.

I bought my game last week, it used to work fine. Later when I went to load any of my saved games or start a new game, it would give me application errors. So I reinstalled the game. Now when I double click the .exe file, it will give me an error as "Bad windows image, vorbisfile.dll not found or something like that"...so I replaced the vorbisfile.dll with one on google, now it gives the same error but this time with ogg.dll and I replace that too, now it gives me a message, "the procedure entry point ogg_stream_reset_serialno could not be located in the dynamic link library ogg.dll". I have tried reinstalling my game 5 times with the same sh*t. I don't know what to do!!

Here are my sys specs:

Athlon 2500+ barton
Asus A7N8X-Deluxe MOBO
Using Realtek drivers
DX 9.0c
GeForce 4 Ti4200: Forceware drivers 77.72
512 Corsair XMS
60GB IBM Deskstar and 160GB WDD (Game installed on WD)
Using onboard soundcard with nForce2 Mobo.

Please help me!!

Rage18
  • Rage18

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:44 AM

seems nForce+Onboard audio=disaster. I think if you go into the direct x diagnostic utility and lower hardware sound acceleration to basic seems to fix problems with the game. also make sure sound drivers are up to date

SEEJAY123
  • SEEJAY123

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:54 AM

Try reinstalling your soundcard, if that doesn't work reinstall DirectX. Good Luck.

adroit4
  • adroit4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:44 PM

sound drivers are up-to-datel, tried using both, nvidia and realtek drivers. My sound card is integrated in my mobo, so no question in reinstalling the card. I am also using Win2k SP4 btw. Please someone help!

Rage18
  • Rage18

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

try this: start > run > type dxdiag then hit enter. after it does its scan click through the tabs and look in the notes section and see if there are any problems. then go to the sound tab and adjust the 'hardware sound acceleration' tab to basic acceleration.

adroit4
  • adroit4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:56 AM

it didnt show any errors in the notes section. I also tried it with all the sound acceleration settings, still the same damn error. i tried deleting my user files as well, but still the same god damned error!!!! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

adroit4
  • adroit4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:28 AM

ok re-installed agian, this is the exact message I get...

gta_sa.exe - Bad Image "The application or DLL F:\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\vorbis.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette"

after this, I go to walmart and exchange the cd (as they won't let me return it anymore) and the new disk does the same thing....this is f*cking annoying! please help me!!

also can someone try to upload their vorbis.dll, vorbisfile.dll and ogg.dll somewhere, i can try and dling it.

Rage18
  • Rage18

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:00 PM

here. try it

adroit4
  • adroit4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:50 PM

ok progress!! first of all, thx a lot rage, those files helped me with that problem! But yet another problem arises! I start up the game, then it shows me the intro and goes to the SA screen, suddenly it crashes to desktop and shows me the error message that windows needs to close this program. I read in other forums, but the solutions didnt help at all. Anyone else having this problem?? please help!!

Rage18
  • Rage18

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:55 AM Edited by Rage18, 01 July 2005 - 01:02 AM.

I forget if youve said this or not, have you tried disabling onboard audio alltogether from the bios to see if that does anything? Or perhaps its a problem with your ram. You have tried the nForce 6.53 drivers from nvidia?

adroit4
  • adroit4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 02:58 AM

ok tried realtek drivers again, no luck. Tried disabling onboard sound, but then GTA says no audio device found (my onboard is my primary and only sound device btw). Re-installed Nforce audio drivers, giving the same problem again....please help someone!!!!!!

also the ram is fine, as it runs other games smoothly and nicely.

adroit4
  • adroit4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 03:55 AM

wow more progress or just back to the same old problem. So I decide to reinstall the game again for the sake of it. Now I get past the rockstar screen and gta screen. But now, when I try to load a game or start a new game, the load bar reaches half way then GTA just freezes. The music is still playing in the background but when I alt+tab out, I see a program error. God damn it, is there a problem on every step?????????

adroit4
  • adroit4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:15 AM

user posted image

here is what is going on now.

Rage18
  • Rage18

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:54 AM

what are you downloading from Nvidia? The Audio driver package or the Unified driver. The Unified driver is the chipset drivers for nForce. Try those

adroit4
  • adroit4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:58 PM

i am installin the unified driver package, the audio driver is already in it. I also tried audio driver seperate, but that dosnt help either.

schnoosel
  • schnoosel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:58 AM

Please Rage could you also give me those vorbisfile and ogg files cuz I also have the same problems and your link to download the files doesnt work...

PLZ HELLLP!

AEFAz
  • AEFAz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:07 PM Edited by AEFAz, 28 November 2005 - 01:45 AM.

QUOTE (adroit4 @ Jun 29 2005, 03:00)
I coudnt find anything on this topic, so starting a new one.

I bought my game last week, it used to work fine. Later when I went to load any of my saved games or start a new game, it would give me application errors. So I reinstalled the game. Now when I double click the .exe file, it will give me an error as "Bad windows image, vorbisfile.dll not found or something like that"...so I replaced the vorbisfile.dll with one on google, now it gives the same error but this time with ogg.dll and I replace that too, now it gives me a message, "the procedure entry point ogg_stream_reset_serialno could not be located in the dynamic link library ogg.dll". I have tried reinstalling my game 5 times with the same sh*t. I don't know what to do!!

Here are my sys specs:

Athlon 2500+ barton
Asus A7N8X-Deluxe MOBO
Using Realtek drivers
DX 9.0c
GeForce 4 Ti4200: Forceware drivers 77.72
512 Corsair XMS
60GB IBM Deskstar and 160GB WDD (Game installed on WD)
Using onboard soundcard with nForce2 Mobo.

Please help me!!

I have the exact same problem mad.gif The exact error message is "The procedure entry point ogg_stream_reset_serialno could not be located in the dynamic link library ogg.dll"

I should clarify that I had to download my Vorbis.dll AND my ogg.dll in the first place mad.gif Does anyone have an idea of the problem/solution?

Thanks chaps

Would Rage be so kind as to repost his Oggy files please? they seem to have helped the chap above smile.gif

SavageSoldier
  • SavageSoldier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:26 AM

Yo dog, I dont know if you ever got that problem fixed, but I had the same thing happen. I found out why. I was trying to run the game from my virtual drive, instead of the C drive. You have to open the Virtual Drive, copy the gta exe file, and put it on the C drive folder (you will replace the original one) After that, it worked fine for me. May not help, but thought I'd suggest it.

jaeger_v
  • jaeger_v

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:24 AM

hey, no bodys replied in this topic, so i doubt this will be answered, but i have the same problem as affaez and adriot.
my operating system is: 5.1, Built 2600 (thats what it says)
graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce2 MX/MX 400
Memory is: 64 MB
Processor: Intel pentium 4CPU 2.40 GHZ
RAM: 512 MB

i do all the stuff (get the vorbisfile etc.) and ti always come sup with the: procedure entry point ogg_stream_reset_serialno could not be located in the dynamic link library ogg.dll message.
If you cant send the files again, rage, can you tell me what the files are or where i can get them from?

thnx, if anyone can help

Gurjit
  • Gurjit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:56 AM

I just downloaded san andres i try to open it but says vorbisfile.dll is not install or something, so went to google.com and got it but i do not know how to install vorbisfile.dll

somebody please email me back at [email protected]

thx rahkstar2.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:39 AM

If you asked for help here, then here is where you'll get it. Posting your email address just means internet bots are going to scan it and spam the hell out of you.

This forum doesn't support warez. Read the rules before continuing to post.

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Gurjit @ Sep 25 2006, 03:56)
I just downloaded san andres i try to open it but says vorbisfile.dll is not install or something, so went to google.com and got it but i do not know how to install vorbisfile.dll

somebody please email me back at [email protected]

thx rahkstar2.gif

I marvel at this guy's audacity to ask that question. I will probably report that e-mail to R* die.gif die.gif die.gif die.gif

bozly
  • bozly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Rage18 @ Jun 30 2005, 17:00)
here. try it

can u send me that link plz
im hav'n that same prob

trenchtownrock55
  • trenchtownrock55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:30 AM

Yeah, im currently having the exact same problem I had to download my Vorbis.dll and my ogg.dll to begin with and now, im getting the "The procedure entry point ogg_stream_reset_serialno could not be located in the dynamic link library ogg.dll" as many others have stated, but as far as i can see, there has been no soloution given, has anyone made any headway on this problem, help would be really appreciated

Ace_53
  • Ace_53

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:48 AM

Wow, I have this problem too. Could I get those files that helped the others out too?

Maybe if I have those I can get mine to work... then I could maybe help figure out what's wrong with it...

ts1and2fanatic
  • ts1and2fanatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:13 AM

Could someone post another link to their DLL files? The last one is broken, and Im having the same problem.

Thanks!

djpumpmastaflex
  • djpumpmastaflex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:19 AM

I'm also having the similar problem. Everytime I want to start the multiplayer game for gta, it says that the ogg.dll file is not found when it's actiually there! Please, someone help me out.

superman2011
  • superman2011

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:00 AM

rage could u send me the file links again???

dA CLOwN
  • dA CLOwN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:11 PM Edited by dA CLOwN, 23 August 2007 - 09:39 PM.

Here is ogg.dll, vorbis.dll and vorbisfile.dll.

ogg.dll - Version 1.1.3
vorbis.dll and vorbisfile.dll - Version 1.2.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?82gutnb1ipi

briantheking44
  • briantheking44

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:23 AM

i have the same problem. when i try to open the file, it says "the procedure entry point ogg_stream_reset_serialno could not be located in the dynamic link library ogg.dll" can someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this!!!!! [email protected]

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users