Photo

Transfender mods for police vehicles?

4 replies to this topic
jonld
  • jonld

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:48 PM

I've been playing around with the vehicle mods ever since the transfender mod was first released and I still cant figure out why it wont let you mod the police vehicles, the monster truck, the patriot and so on. Ive tried editing the cfg files aswell as different dat files. Is this something thats in a scm file? Just wondering if anyone else is trying to figure the same thing out or might have already.

ThaKilla
  • ThaKilla

I'm not wack, im all wacked-out!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:07 PM

This is kinda a guess, but have you turning on the "Street Racer" flag, and added a line to the casrmods.dat file for it.

jonld
  • jonld

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (ThaKilla @ Jun 28 2005, 21:07)
This is kinda a guess, but have you turning on the "Street Racer" flag, and added a line to the casrmods.dat file for it.

The lines already added in the transfender overhaul for carmods.dat so to answer that part yes. As far as the street racer flag that wont work either cuz all that would do is make the door open but you would still get the "you can't mod this vehicle". If it was a flag as to shop it will say "you cant mod this vehicle here". There has to be somewhere else in another file or database, like i said maybe a scm file or something that tells the game these vehicles cant be modded. My guess is Rockstar had set up all the others to be modded but due to release constraints didnt have time to make more mods for some of the lesser cars ie the yosemite etc, so they just took them out of the carmods.dat file. If this is true then possibly the copcars were never meant to be modded so the game wont allow it. Its just a theory but Something to think about.

ThaKilla
  • ThaKilla

I'm not wack, im all wacked-out!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:52 PM

Sounds like it might be hard-coded, i know when i made a mod to give cars all immunities when you paint at the mod sops, it started with a line like

CODE

00D6: if  0
096E:   car $10421 lowrider
004D: jump_if_false úCARMOD_707

So the flag should have worked, have you tried making it so it can goto the lowrider shop, but i will look and see if there are anymore checks other than that.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:51 AM

i would imagine its hardcoded. you cant bring an emergency vehicle to a pay and spray, and i imagine the code that disables it for that garage type (yes pay and sprays are garages) does it for the mod shop as well confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users