Photo

N.O.E. made easy.

36 replies to this topic
jools1980
  • jools1980

Full Metal Jacka$$

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:27 PM

Well, this is trivial to most people since N.O.E. is basically a very easy mission. Tho, there are lots of people asking for help in the save'n'play thread, so I'm giving them this tip of mine, to at least try to pass the mission on their own.

The path to stick to is very easy: once you takeoff, head north for the sea, then stick to the sea until you find yourself being south and slightly west of the target corona.
At this point, head north-east, aiming at the corona. Remember, you can even pass through its 'side', so you don't need to face it (eg: facing it you see an O, while from the side you see an | -halfaway you see a very narrow 0-).
From this side, you'll meet very few trees, and there's a gap which you can fly through without hitting the trees or having to fly too high and get detected.
Once you passed through the corona, take your time, and just backtrack the incoming route.
By the time you get back to the airfield, you should still have 2 minutes left or so (depends on how much you messed around), so take your time and land.

notes
- if you get above the radar level, don't panic: just pitch down GENTLY until the bar stops filling and begins emptying
- keep COOL and focused (which, by the way, is the key to pass ANy flight mission, if those are an issue to you)
- if the plane becomes flaming because you hit something, remember that flying away/around (without hitting anything else) will make the flames go out
- (PC USERS ESPECIALLY) be kind to your plane: this also is good to pass any flight mission, you should tap your keys gently, never hold down those directional keys (instead, try to dosage your tapping according to your needs)!

well, here's the map the above 'walkthrough' refers to:
user posted image

mr.easy
  • mr.easy

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:43 PM

Hey, I used that same route before.

jools1980
  • jools1980

Full Metal Jacka$$

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (mr.easy @ Jun 28 2005, 21:43)
Hey, I used that same route before.

Well, my post is meant for those who CAN'T pass the mission. ;)

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:06 PM

90% of all players would've realized that wow.gif . Or am I wrong? ":("

jools1980
  • jools1980

Full Metal Jacka$$

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 28 2005, 22:06)
90% of all players would've realized that  :O . Or am I wrong? ":("

Given the HUGE amount of people who asks for N.O.E. help in the save'n'play thread, I have to disagree with you. :)

ps - anyways, I don't care. Thare much more useless threads out there... :P

Officer Pulaski
  • Officer Pulaski

Li'l G Loc

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

the game has been out 8 months and absolutely nobody noticed something this obvious! wow sarcasm.gif

i love old news!!!

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Officer Pulaski @ Jun 28 2005, 14:10)
the game has been out 8 months and absolutely nobody noticed something this obvious! wow sarcasm.gif

i love old news!!!

Someone's cranky. He's trying to help the people stuck on it in the PC version. He's not saying "omg check diz out", he's merely noticed the amount of people needing N.O.E. done for them.

I take a different route when I do this mission. I take off and immediately bank southwest, making sure not to fly over Area 69. When I fly into San Fierro, I pass over the airport, and from there I follow the freeway for a bit. When I see a side of Mt. Chiliad to my right, I follow it, making sure not to run into any trees. Once I pass through that tight squeeze, the corona is right there, and I just fly north along the ocean to get back to Verdant Meadows.

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

No, it HASN'T been out for 8 months for most people. Did the fact that it JUST came out on PC and Xbox escape you?

I usually cut inland Angel Pine just south of Mt Chiliad, pop up over two trees and then head straight to the corona. That basically puts my exit almost immediately over water again after one little banking turn instead of heading deeper inland.

Fragger.
  • Fragger.

Vato Loco

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Bartleby @ Jun 28 2005, 21:32)
I take off and immediately bank southwest, making sure not to fly over Area 69. When I fly into San Fierro, I pass over the airport, and from there I follow the freeway for a bit. When I see a side of Mt. Chiliad to my right, I follow it, making sure not to run into any trees. Once I pass through that tight squeeze, the corona is right there, and I just fly north along the ocean to get back to Verdant Meadows.

That's my route too. The trees make it a bit tricky, but it's the shortest path.

Plaka
  • Plaka

King Of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:13 PM Edited by Plaka, 28 June 2005 - 11:17 PM.

Nice N' Easy Route

Good work jools1980

I use the shorter route, its a bit tighter but you get to play diving under the bridges ... I'm still trying to beat the 2 hump bridge dammit.

Good Post this ... WTG man cool.gif

Uhmm BTW when ya gonna do a Tutorial for your favourite Mission ? FREEFALL tounge.gif

Officer Pulaski
  • Officer Pulaski

Li'l G Loc

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (mikeswi @ Jun 28 2005, 17:51)
No, it HASN'T been out for 8 months for most people. Did the fact that it JUST came out on PC and Xbox escape you?

I usually cut inland Angel Pine just south of Mt Chiliad, pop up over two trees and then head straight to the corona. That basically puts my exit almost immediately over water again after one little banking turn instead of heading deeper inland.

did you not notice the fact that there are thousands of walkthroughs on the internet that cover this?

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Officer Pulaski @ Jun 28 2005, 16:20)
QUOTE (mikeswi @ Jun 28 2005, 17:51)

did you not notice the fact that there are thousands of walkthroughs on the internet that cover this?

What he noticed was that there were a lot of people who were stuck on N.O.E. Do you have a problem with him trying to help them?

Yuck Fou
  • Yuck Fou

<3 Mar

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:28 PM

Pretty good route there, it's always easier to follow the water because of those damn trees that spawn out of nowhere. Myself, I always stayed above the radar and dodged the missiles the Hydras shot at me. tounge.gif

Officer Pulaski
  • Officer Pulaski

Li'l G Loc

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Bartleby @ Jun 28 2005, 19:23)
What he noticed was that there were a lot of people who were stuck on N.O.E. Do you have a problem with him trying to help them?

did you even look at what i quoted?

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Officer Pulaski @ Jun 28 2005, 16:34)
QUOTE (Bartleby @ Jun 28 2005, 19:23)

did you even look at what i quoted?

I don't think you did. He gave an alternate route, trying to aid those who might be stuck on this mission.

Lay off and allow these guys to assist those that need it.

Plaka
  • Plaka

King Of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:52 PM

For all you Disser's ... simply: if you can do better then why didn't you up to 8 months ago ?

Or maybe you're all N.O.E. failures ROFLMFAO ... see you in Save N' Play tounge.gif

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:32 AM

Yes, I did notice that there are several walkthroughs. What's your point? Obviously, either the walkthrough the people having trouble with NOE are using doesn't suggest a route or they're not using one at all. Since it became available to most people just recently and since those people are having trouble with it and since this IS a forum to ask for help with missions, what exactly is your problem with someone posting tips?

What is it with you forum trolls posting in almost every single thread "this has been out for ages, everybody knows that, blah blah blah"? If you already know about it, why are you reading the post? Why do you people try to throw every single thread completely off topic? I imagine the mods patience with it is running out. I know mine is.

Officer Pulaski
  • Officer Pulaski

Li'l G Loc

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:45 AM

first off, if the walkthrough doesnt have this advice then its not the right game
secondly im done with this

TheRiverBelow
  • TheRiverBelow

Makaveli in this... Killuminati

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:16 AM

I have to admit that when I did this mission I took the easy way out and flew around the map. I also made an emergency landing on the highway close to the beach lol. I lost control during the end and many times I crashed into the trees around the corona so slow down, like release the accelerate button but still keep a good height so you can at least touch the corona.

Good luck with all those people stuck on this mission. Remember don't be in a rush, there's plenty of time.

Pandemic0rgasm
  • Pandemic0rgasm

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:40 AM

You guys are a bunch of wusses!

Complete N.O.E like a man... and dodge all the damn trees!

heheh wink.gif

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:02 PM

Cool it should slow down the amount of NOE mission requests in the save n play.

DarkChild07
  • DarkChild07

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:10 PM

wow, this has been a great help man, now it's like a piece of cake cool.gif

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

Maybe a moderator should separate or delete my posts and Pulaskis. It got hijacked for several posts and it's a good thread.

ISuck
  • ISuck

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:15 PM

What is it with people's obsession on this board with having to show their superior San Andreas knowledge? "ogm I Hate people that post stuff thats been out 4 like 8 months!". Listen, nobody is forcing you to read it, and nobody is forcing you to post, so just shut the f*ck up. He posted a tutorial and you all jumped on him because you wanted to showcase that "omg I knew that months ago" attittude.

jools1980
  • jools1980

Full Metal Jacka$$

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

Well, thanks all for support. To all the others, and I'm quoting Plaka here, see you in Save'n'Play. tounge.gif

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Pandemic0rgasm @ Jun 29 2005, 08:40)

heheh wink.gif

LOL

DidierSucks
  • DidierSucks

Prophet of Trashcat

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:26 PM Edited by DidierSucks, 30 June 2005 - 04:27 AM.

QUOTE (Bartleby @ Jun 28 2005, 13:32)
QUOTE (Officer Pulaski @ Jun 28 2005, 14:10)
the game has been out 8 months and absolutely nobody noticed something this obvious! wow  sarcasm.gif

i love old news!!!

Someone's cranky. He's trying to help the people stuck on it in the PC version. He's not saying "omg check diz out", he's merely noticed the amount of people needing N.O.E. done for them.

I take a different route when I do this mission. I take off and immediately bank southwest, making sure not to fly over Area 69. When I fly into San Fierro, I pass over the airport, and from there I follow the freeway for a bit. When I see a side of Mt. Chiliad to my right, I follow it, making sure not to run into any trees. Once I pass through that tight squeeze, the corona is right there, and I just fly north along the ocean to get back to Verdant Meadows.

Yeah, I tried that for about eight hours, then exploding on invisible trees became really, really old.....

This mission would've been so much better with about three times the draw distance.

HippieMobile
  • HippieMobile

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:33 PM

Woah thanks for the much neeeded help man! (runs to play GTASA)

MattyDienhoff
  • MattyDienhoff

Professional Hitman

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (Pandemic0rgasm @ Jun 29 2005, 08:40)

heheh wink.gif

You might like accidentally flying into invisible 25-story high pine trees and having to restart the mission 10 times, I don't.

I eventually figured out to go over the sea, but that map you made is good and will help the people who are still stuck.

Timpo
  • Timpo

Trash

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:37 AM

this route of flying is also used in the Strategy Guide.
I never use it, though. I think boring. it's more exiting to get the plane to angel pine, while flying low, dodging trees, bridges, and buildings.
but for the people who have problems with it, it's a nice solution.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users