Quantcast

» «
Photo

[History|VC] The thread that started it all.

5,021 replies to this topic

Poll: What was your all time favourite GTA Protagonist? (92 member(s) have cast votes)

What was your all time favourite GTA Protagonist?

1. Billy (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Linda (5 votes [0.80%])

Percentage of vote: 0.80%

3. Jonny Smith (2 votes [0.32%])

Percentage of vote: 0.32%

4. Carl Johnson (129 votes [20.64%])

Percentage of vote: 20.64%

5. Tommy Vetterci (230 votes [36.80%])

Percentage of vote: 36.80%

6. Tony Cipriani (39 votes [6.24%])

Percentage of vote: 6.24%

7. Niko Bellic (103 votes [16.48%])

Percentage of vote: 16.48%

8. Johnny Klebitz (8 votes [1.28%])

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

9. Luis Fernando Lopez (8 votes [1.28%])

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

10. Mallorie Bardas-Bellic (4 votes [0.64%])

Percentage of vote: 0.64%

11. Claude (97 votes [15.52%])

Percentage of vote: 15.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:58 AM Edited by trains, 16 April 2006 - 02:02 AM.

let me guess it does not cover the cops yet?

hope to see that bug fixed and well this was kinda what i meant by something for easter lol good timing we could always use more patches to keep us from crashing.

edit: if that you know where is GTAgarage it not there.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Xenon Brothers)

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (trains @ Apr 15 2006, 18:58)
let me guess it does not cover the cops yet?

hope to see that bug fixed and well this was kinda what i meant by something for easter lol good timing we could always use more patches to keep us from crashing.

edit: if that you know where is GTAgarage it not there.

I can only wonder what you mean by that. Pointless dude.

It's pointless you posting on here, unless you can add more detail to what your trying to say, your just wasting time if no-one understands you.

when you post on here, try and take your time.

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:58 AM

Ok i will try to take more time but come on don't we all have those times where we want to just say something?

ok now that my talk is done from that my questions was:
Was the you know where place GTAGarage.com because i did not see it there?
Edit:I went and looked just now they are finally up.

Oh and before i forget will the busses and trains have like building walk-in interiours(spelling?) like some people have said would be cool in the GTA4 fourm?

Hope all your trip in England is nice and relaxing (probley got the area wrong)

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

CEO DeathSquad Industries

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:34 AM

@Teun: I wouldn't say suicidal, just psychotic(sp?). I have a very indepth imagination (which I aim towards writing).

@Mothership: Yes, I agree explosive, would have made sense if I had actually posted when you two were posting the fighting words, and trains then jumping in with the "illegal" question. Bad timing, heh.

Anyways, I really have nothing valid to the SOL work, except that "DS Industries" is at an idle. *coughs* Back - To - topic....

WiredWizard, I'm uploading (when the/your ftp comes back online) into my folder a file called "starblocks04.rar". This contains that one piece of construction land I was working on in Vice City, not the major one sunk in, the one you meet what's his face in during the original VC. This was that piece I was working on when we were talking and I killed my SOL.

And yeah, I'm pretty hard to get ahold of now a days, I should be around on weekends but like this weekend I bought a new car (not new, but a nice 95 Chevy Beretta Z26), spent the day purchasing and signing all the docs, went to go tow it and my friend's father attempted to move it, and burried it up to its hood. I pray they do not rip the bumper off tommorrow....

I'm going to try and at least finish the road signs, since most of them are made and its simple, I feel pretty burned out from model making though, which tends to happen.

wiredwizardz
  • wiredwizardz

New Wave Master

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:30 AM

Resources might be down for the remainder of the weekend due to a new Wireless router in my network. It's been giving me nothing but grief these last few days trying to configure it properly. So that means my Xbox, PS2 and PSP are all connected well to be honest the psp is the only one that wants to work.

I have just about finished converting over the files that I am going to use for MLVC since I royaly screwed my last install but once again due to the new router I am having to relearn stuff I haven't used in a while.

@McKay
I was thinking since you wanted to make MLVC an independant island what would be a good area to start building it. I like the idea of putting it just off shore of where Little Havana and Little Haiti currently are and just attach them using smaller bridges so that they don't interfear with DS's Bridge. Granted I would have to load that entire area to make sure that they don't clash. Let me know what you think.

I am going to piddle around and finish up those files that I haven't finished and then add a few new textures to some of the smaller buildings to make them fit VC better. Anyways I am out for now and tomorrow I will work on getting the FTP server back up. There might be some changes I am not sure but I will keep you posted on that as well.

Wizard

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:31 AM

Bridge? I'm not aware of any bridge in SOL of mine, minus the work order for that one area you need WW.

wiredwizardz
  • wiredwizardz

New Wave Master

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:58 AM

@DS,
I guess that McKay built it then. My mistake I was under the impression that you had for some reason. Nevermind then. I still have to find out how and where this is going to go. Anyway I am off to bed FTP will hopefully be up tomorrow I am tired cya.

Wizard

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

pissing off mods since 1993 :)

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:52 AM

@DS, where was your car parked? burried in what? quicksand? dontgetit.gif

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:49 AM Edited by agent17, 16 April 2006 - 01:10 PM.

coming your way, hold on sec.

EDIT:
here it is, its in southern downtown Staunton Island next to the tunnle.
user posted image

also I found this "wave" off the west coast of starfish island.
user posted image
and no I could not ride my boat up it tounge.gif

NVM about that building, the update fixed it but the "wave" is still there.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

@The Mothership: Let me change one thing from my last post, I should have said front bumper instead of hood, cause yeah, otherwise it sounds like it sank like the Titanic. It was parked off my friend's driveway (in the grass) and we're currently just getting out of winter, so the ground is ultra mooshy. They pulled it out though, I gotta go after dark to pick it up since its not registered with the state (but hey, I got some available plates).

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:58 PM

Heheh, the wave was me messing around with something, No biggie

That one and others like it will be removed anyhow.

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Mc-Kay @ Apr 16 2006, 18:58)
Heheh, the wave was me messing around with something, No biggie

That one and others like it will be removed anyhow.

why not make a loop-the-loop?

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (DeathSquad @ Apr 16 2006, 18:35)
@The Mothership: Let me change one thing from my last post, I should have said front bumper instead of hood, cause yeah, otherwise it sounds like it sank like the Titanic. It was parked off my friend's driveway (in the grass) and we're currently just getting out of winter, so the ground is ultra mooshy. They pulled it out though, I gotta go after dark to pick it up since its not registered with the state (but hey, I got some available plates).

cool. now i've got to fix my sig. stupid imgshack.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:08 PM Edited by agent17, 16 April 2006 - 07:25 PM.

lol yeah, but either way theres no point

btw I found some more bugs (finaly imageshack let me host images)

the ammu-nation in mainland liberty in upside down tounge.gif
-~+CLICK ME+~-

theres a random building in mainland that is partly floating, also note that it may be hard to find
If you need more help finding the building just ask me, also note that the ammu-nation next to there has a black sheet over the doorway but you can still enter it

there are floating lights in downtown mainland
again this may be hard to find

the gtasa objects on the island that mainland libertys airport is on are not solid
--->Clicky<---

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:09 PM

indeed, imagechack is f*cked right now (as usual), I cant host any images...

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (agent17 @ Apr 16 2006, 19:09)
indeed, imagechack is f*cked right now (as usual), I cant host any images...

well what do you know, it fixed itself.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:54 PM

probly at the same time I was able to post my images in the bug report topic.

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:20 PM

yeah.

say, do you like flying? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

i rock.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:09 PM

It's quite nice, TM.

I wish we'd have our own subforum... sad.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:43 PM

Offtopic for the most part, but here we go. Recently a member (The Mothership) of your mod has been making irrelevant, off-topic, arrogant etc. (rule breaking) posts... so um why are you posting this here you are wondering? To cut a long story short, he's walking a tight-rope thatís about to snap. He's done a good job over the last month or so of roughing up several staff members the wrong way (3 warnings in the last 2 days to go with the neumerous temp bans he's had). The difference between the me and the dev team for the SOL mod is; I couldn't care at all if he gets banned, its not my mod he's contributing towards, and you might.

If you want him to continue as a member here then Iíd recommend that someone takes the time to talk to him, because there won't be any future warnings. On the other hand you might not care at all, and well fair enough. Just because he's a team member doesn't mean you have to control him. Just getting my point out there, whilst there is still time for him to change.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:18 PM Edited by Mc-Kay, 17 April 2006 - 07:30 PM.

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Apr 17 2006, 11:43)
Offtopic for the most part, but here we go. Recently a member (The Mothership) of your mod has been making irrelevant, off-topic, arrogant etc. (rule breaking) posts... so um why are you posting this here you are wondering? To cut a long story short, he's walking a tight-rope thatís about to snap. He's done a good job over the last month or so of roughing up several staff members the wrong way (3 warnings in the last 2 days to go with the neumerous temp bans he's had). The difference between the me and the dev team for the SOL mod is; I couldn't care at all if he gets banned, its not my mod he's contributing towards, and you might.

If you want him to continue as a member here then Iíd recommend that someone takes the time to talk to him, because there won't be any future warnings. On the other hand you might not care at all, and well fair enough. Just because he's a team member doesn't mean you have to control him. Just getting my point out there, whilst there is still time for him to change.

I'm not going to take sides in this, (I've been watching these posts myself, towards another members of my team aswell).

If this member does not follow the rules, then deal with this member how you wish, just because he's a member of this team, doesn't give him the right to act up or try and bend rules.

I set these threads up so I can show progress on this project, The threads I set up are not for team squabbles, If I see members having issues with other members on the team (Using my threads), you may also consider yourself off the team.

The MotherShip, If you bad mouth again, consider yourself off the team.

Edit: The MotherShip: Nop i've decided I don't want you on the team, Please do not post on my threads again.

I'll be away for 3 weeks due to work, I'll pick up the peices when I return.

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:43 AM Edited by trains, 18 April 2006 - 10:57 AM.

ok mc-kay thats a little over harsh he has really become a team member. I noticed he did not have much or a fight left in him after that first time but, it says you aren't taking side when you just did clearly stated you would rather lose a great member who has changed that i seen just to keep the team "clean" confused.gif but i think if you kick him off now then why not look at his lastest words you been watching on this thread but you need to watch the car list that is where i got my "thought" he might have changed after a while and mods i had a idea about mabey banning for amount of time to see if they changed their actions if they didn't you could band them forever but this guy has got enough warnings and is finally realixzing what is going on i bet but next time i see rude remarks i will personally tell the 'owner" or this site.

personally i would like to continue seeing TM on the team bc he's not done so much bad but 1 time and now he gets punished getting kicked off this mod i think is worse then being bannd. i'm doing what you told me "take my time" so here is my speech and hope this takes effect and this is on the progress it has to do why i think mothership should stay on your team. rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif cool.gif cool.gif

Edit:took almost alnight but i found the topic which i have seen team work from teun and the mothership or so i think so the SOL car mods where TM and teun were a team.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:50 AM

I'll agree with ya Trains, you do sound like you're off the caffeine.

I really won't give my opinion since I did not (or can't find) whatever posts TM has been making, but the fact GT-1 came in here to mention it, sounds like TM has been causing the moderators some grief. Its one thing to do good work which TM has shown, but its another when that person is also giving purple nurples and wet willies to other people, it reflects badly onto the SOL project and team with word of mouth, you know "the guy is a pr!(k, screw this mod". I would say McKay feels that team members conduct themselves in a certain manor. But we should at least hear what TM has to say about himself & to the moderators. If someone knows what posts GT-1 & McKay was talking about it, PM me their links.

DS

wiredwizardz
  • wiredwizardz

New Wave Master

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:18 AM

@McKay,
I wish I could say I agree with what DS said but I can't. Honestly as I have ALWAYS stated this is your Modification every one else is along for the ride in one way or another.
If TM is truly sorry for his actions so be it. But if he is like this with his online attitude what does that say of his attitude in general. People do change and people do make mistakes that is the way we are period. I will say this in TM defence if he can prove himself and grow up and not be a constant menace then I say let by gones be by gones. That is your call either way I support your decision on the matter. As for GT-1's accusations I can't find any instances either. I will admit I flew off the handle a bit on TM earlier in the weed due to his non sense and general whining but if he really wants to make amends let him prove himself.

@ Trains,
You say enough as it is from now on do us all a favor don't speak for anyone else besides yourself. Thats how rumors and B.S. gets started. We are here to make a great mod not babysit people and have to deal with the "he said this or that" garbage. I hope I have made my point.

Wizard

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:20 AM

So did you skip over the random flames, spammy, offtopic unnecessary posts he made then? dontgetit.gif Apr 17 2006, 00:09, Apr 16 2006, 23:49 , Apr 15 2006, 20:26

Those were picked at random, if I took the time to search through his posts I'm sure I could pull up a hell of a lot more. Look at the dates of those posts, they were all made in the last few days, this is after he has been warned and temp banned numerous times for rule breaking. If he's not willing to listen to staff action and carry on flaming etc. then why should we waste our time running around cleaning up after him knowing he is never going to change his erratic immature behaviour?

I'm not going to comment any further on this situation, if you want anymore info there is always the PM button.

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:19 AM

lol hey DS i didn't get off the caffine i just switched brands which worked kinda but i seen the weirdest thing the other day here is the floating bridge story.
I took a helecopter from the VC manior flew toward the beach front with all the hotels few past the light house into the empty area when left flew for a few seconds and found a LC bridge idk if you are planing something that way or not but can someone plz tell me whe i found?

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:02 AM

yeah I saw that too, its just a bridge that will connect to a future island, I wouldent worry about it now.

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:21 AM

can someone tell me how to put that thing in the GTA3.ing?

wiredwizardz
  • wiredwizardz

New Wave Master

• Members

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:12 AM

@Trains.
what exactly are you trying to place in the img file and what are you trying to do exactly ?

The short answer of how to put something in the GTA3 img is
1. you need the img tool 2.0 which can be found at www.gtagarage.com ( just incase you didn't know already)
2. click file and point it to your gta 3 img file which would be located by default in c:/programfiles/rockstargames/vicecity/models.
3. Click on the gta3 img
4 Click on the commands tab
5 select add and locate file.
after your done rebuild img file.
Hope that helps but next time please don't ask for info like that. Do a search you should know by now that this particular form isn't for that sort of thing.

Wizard

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:55 AM

thank you found a file in the patch that needs put in the gta3 ing so i finally thought i'd ask smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users