Quantcast

» «
Photo

[History|VC] The thread that started it all.

5,021 replies to this topic

Poll: What was your all time favourite GTA Protagonist? (92 member(s) have cast votes)

What was your all time favourite GTA Protagonist?

1. Billy (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Linda (5 votes [0.80%])

Percentage of vote: 0.80%

3. Jonny Smith (2 votes [0.32%])

Percentage of vote: 0.32%

4. Carl Johnson (129 votes [20.64%])

Percentage of vote: 20.64%

5. Tommy Vetterci (230 votes [36.80%])

Percentage of vote: 36.80%

6. Tony Cipriani (39 votes [6.24%])

Percentage of vote: 6.24%

7. Niko Bellic (103 votes [16.48%])

Percentage of vote: 16.48%

8. Johnny Klebitz (8 votes [1.28%])

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

9. Luis Fernando Lopez (8 votes [1.28%])

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

10. Mallorie Bardas-Bellic (4 votes [0.64%])

Percentage of vote: 0.64%

11. Claude (97 votes [15.52%])

Percentage of vote: 15.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
wiredwizardz
  • wiredwizardz

New Wave Master

• Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:31 PM

You guys might be Teenagers but
Keith, Deathsquad and myself are NOT teenagers as a matter of fact if you subtrated 15 years from my age I still wouldn't be a teenager get the picture ?

Age has nothing to do with how you conduct yourself or what you say..... If you have a shred of common sense you would either contact us via PM, IM it is not that difficult.

As for Teun Trying to take over the mod that is nonsense. McKay is the creator of this mod we are just along for sh*ts and giggles, but we all try to ask other team members for their opinions and if is something we agree upon or disagree at least we spoke about it. I will give you a prime example.
I want to make MLVC a direct part of Vice City Proper but McKay wants it as an island. I told him I wasn't crazy about the idea but since it is his baby I will do as requested simple as that.

Thats how adults act we compromise not fly off the handle and start calling names. Teun is a valuable member of this team even if he is not on full time anylonger due to his input and his ideas. Tux Coder is a valued member of this team as well so is Deathsquad all have a function and reason. Even GNRRocks was valued because of his help but even though they are not with us doesn't make them any less valuable. And most of those members with the exception of Deathsquad are Teenagers. None of them were ever that disrespectfull or childish so don't give me that crap about being teens it is invalid.

I don't claim to be the leader of this mod nor does Teun keep that in mind. I may speak my mind and agree to disagree but childish outbreaks like that will not be accepted. There I have said my peace.

Wizard

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

pissing off mods since 1993 :)

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:32 PM Edited by The Mothership, 15 April 2006 - 12:50 AM.

EDIT: i'm tired of arguing. post deleted.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:35 PM

Spam up my PM Inbox, not this topic. And second, I'm not the kind of pathetic idiot who cries about being less good at something than someone else. You, apparantly, are. smile.gif whatsthat.gif

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:38 PM Edited by trains, 14 April 2006 - 09:41 PM.

uh i think those words were more then harsh but my ideas are never taken in thought so who going to throw in GTA LCS into this?

i just heard this mod is illigal hope thats not true ;(
not saying who i heard that from either.

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:39 PM Edited by The Mothership, 15 April 2006 - 12:51 AM.

EDIT: i'm tired of arguing. post deleted.

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:46 PM

ok i'm going to walk away from something that might just get me into something like jail so good bye for a while now Mc Kay when you REALLY do get permission let us know.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:55 PM

ugh... I dont know what to say, but your not leaving realy are you because me and people like me like to have good looking cars on their vice city, with out you state of liberty would be full of perrenials, lol

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (agent17 @ Apr 14 2006, 21:55)
ugh... I dont know what to say, but your not leaving realy are you because me and people like me like to have good looking cars on their vice city, with out you state of liberty would be full of perrenials, lol

in all honsety, i may continue working on 3-rd party cars for SOL. the perennial is a good car if you need to shift 4 people and some stuff in the trunk, kinda stylish too.

wiredwizardz
  • wiredwizardz

New Wave Master

• Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:37 PM

trains
watch out, Apr 14 2006, 21:34
Delete Post Quote Post

Group: Members

The Mothership wants to do something called format to your FTP so i just wanted to warn you he said it would bring the mod to its knees plz stop him or something. blink.gif

Granted this was a PM BUT for one if you or anyone else tries to hack my FTP your going to be in for a world of hurt. Second if any attacks are brought upon my personal machine you will regret it as well. I already see that there has been someone trying to access my FTP with no success. All I have to do is shut it off and turn it on when I feel like it or when requested by a team member. I personally will not Tolerate this type of childish behavior if I have to get a moderator involved I will. DON"T PISS ME OFF.

Wizard

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:57 PM

hey hey hey does anybody want to e-mail R* and ask for the persision of this EXE hack?

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (wiredwizardz @ Apr 14 2006, 22:37)
trains
watch out, Apr 14 2006, 21:34
Delete Post Quote Post

Group: Members

The Mothership wants to do something called format to your FTP so i just wanted to warn you he said it would bring the mod to its knees plz stop him or something. blink.gif

Granted this was a PM BUT for one if you or anyone else tries to hack my FTP your going to be in for a world of hurt. Second if any attacks are brought upon my personal machine you will regret it as well. I already see that there has been someone trying to access my FTP with no success. All I have to do is shut it off and turn it on when I feel like it or when requested by a team member. I personally will not Tolerate this type of childish behavior if I have to get a moderator involved I will. DON"T PISS ME OFF.

Wizard

jesus christ, where did THAT come from?

The Mothership pokes trains

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:40 PM Edited by The Mothership, 14 April 2006 - 11:45 PM.

god, im a fool. i'm a fool, arn't I? sorry. you know, i really want to continue working on this. i feel like a f*cking idiot.

user posted image

i feel like sh*t. i think i might revise how i act to other people. i think now i realize why i have very little friends.

see the sig? that banner means something.

if we call this a misunderstanding, stay away for a day, and nobody thinks badly of anyone.

wiredwizardz
  • wiredwizardz

New Wave Master

• Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:53 PM

@Mothership,
That came from your good buddy Trains. I am not going to point fingers but as I previously stated
you no longer have access to FTP. No if ands or buts about it FINAL. The only way around me
would be through McKay.

As I stated earlier you have a piss poor attitude and I for one will not allow you to jepordize this
mod.

@Trains,
If your just starting crap for the sake of internal strife forget it as well. I am not going to tolerate it.
These people
McKay
Teun
GNRRocks
Tux Coder
Deathsquad
Are not just my team mates but my friends people who I have grown close to from working with them
exchanging ideas and just generally talking to. That friendship means that I will defend them to the end no questions asked.
To me Mothership and Trains are outsiders for the time being since I have never spoken to you untill
now. I just cannot in good concious let you or anyone else try to sabotage this mod. I don't care
for your attitude your comments or your insinuations. If you feel you have something of value to say then do so but other than that I personally suggest you go elsewhere and don't bother yourselves with our mod or our Time.

Wizard

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:17 AM

hmm... that went well. confused.gif

i'm going to take a break from GTA, the forums, and working on/around SOL. you know i don't want to cause harm to anyone, can we just relax for a second? we might get along better. smile.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Xenon Brothers)

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:58 AM

I dont have time to pull a team meeting, but what the hell is going on?.

TM@ can you reply to some of my posts please.. (barracks idea for all car models)

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:11 AM Edited by trains, 15 April 2006 - 08:12 PM.

WiredWizard that might have been me when i found your FTP i had no idea what it was and thought it was a thing linked to the fourms srry if that had troubled you.

(i always talk and get ignored then when i go on onlinegames i get talked to more then anybody)

lol i talk to much i must be on something thats making me high.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:52 AM

The list on Page 53 has information about what cars are finished, I will edit that from now on. smile.gif

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

CEO DeathSquad Industries

• Members

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:04 AM Edited by DeathSquad, 15 April 2006 - 09:08 AM.

QUOTE (trains @ Apr 14 2006, 16:46)
ok i'm going to walk away from something that might just get me into something like jail so good bye for a while now Mc Kay when you REALLY do get permission let us know.

Mckay has full permission of Rockstarę to distribute the gta_vc.exe that comes with the SOL Mod. This permission was granted before hot coffee and for some reason people tend to confuse this fact with the "other" story of how Rockstar never gave McKay a reply when he requested permission from Rockstar to distribute the gta_sa.exe in a possible future mod, leading to show that Rockstar may have slammed their open doors to the modding community. Furthermore if McKay -did not- have permission to distribute the gta_vc.exe, GTAForums would have shut this thread down ages ago and not 107 pages into it, GTAGarage would not be hosting the mod, along with other sites. It is illegal to distribute the regular gta_vc.exe found on any CD of GTA, because then people who do not purchase the game, can get a free version. But Rockstar (before hot coffee) has granted permission to several other total conversion mods, such as the Myriad Islands. So do us the favor and do not pull that card, cause its a pointless card to pull.

@McKay: One thing I would like to suggest to you, as I checked the readme file is writing something or even placing a copy of the e-mail from Rockstar (even though anyone could type one), something that says the exe with this mod was granted permission to be distribute. I found nothing in the ReadMe (which is not of the current beta, I have yet to download the relase from when you went to the uk) and as someone who has spent 9 years dealing with online gaming copyrights, it would be a good move. If you notice one of my IPLs or IDEs should have such a banner, pointing out the models in this folder were made by me.

@Teun & Mothership: Text doesn't always come out as it should, since I haven't looked in here for the last couple of days, from my neutral point of view Mothership mistook Teun's conversion list of SA cars to VC for "offical cars that will be in the mod", when in fact, he was saying we could place regular SA cars in places we do not have replacement vehicles. Mothership is creating a nice set of "modified but GTA looking" cars. I say shake hands and make up, it wasn't cool jumping up like that Mothership, but we all make mistakes.

@trains: Chill out, I smell internet drama with the whole jail and good-bye thing. I do not know you, your age which I don't care about, or how your life is, but one thing I must say about life as a half century old human being is be careful who you play with. Its like people speeding on a highway, either you're going to be a pussy and only speed up to 90mph, or you'll have the testicles to just keep the pedal to the floor and do 120. I once drove 700 miles down to PA with a lawyer friend of mine just to serve an coder of my online game legal papers that would have taken him to court, due to the fact he took our code files, deleted what was on the our server, and published it on the web. Didn't take him to court, but I got my files back. And that's just the legal side. I've always felt like I could actually take someone's life, and I don't mean that as a threat. Just that I do not believe you would ever do something to go to jail, yet I would, and hey, I'm not even a criminal, no record. I'm just a guy licenced to drive 80 ton vehicles and carry enough explosives to take out a quarter square mile of planet (tanker trucks are evil...and don't do well with crossing railroad tracks).

Remember, this is a mod, and a game, it is not real life (unfortunatly).

Edit: Should have read the last several posts, things already chilled. But hey, I'll leave this up cause I plan to run for President someday. I think I'd do good.

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:11 AM

jesus... that was kinda explosive. anyway... i'll be in the cars thread.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:36 PM

@DS: That sounded a bit suicidal. biggrin.gif I wouldn't want to be on that quarter of the planet...

I will update the list soon, I converted some more cars. And what cars exactly do you think don't exist from that list? dontgetit.gif Every car is from a GTA game... And again: Any car that TM has made can replace one of my conversions. smile.gif I'll sort the COL's and handling lines when I have converted them all. I'm having problems with the Police vehicle, replaced with the LSPD Police, it won't load properly, sometimes crashes the game, sometimes doesn't, very weird. I think I'll just make the VCPD Police 'SA style' too. smile.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:36 PM

@DS: That sounded a bit suicidal. biggrin.gif I wouldn't want to be on that quarter of the planet...

I will update the list soon, I converted some more cars. And what cars exactly do you think don't exist from that list? dontgetit.gif Every car is from a GTA game... And again: Any car that TM has made can replace one of my conversions. smile.gif I'll sort the COL's and handling lines when I have converted them all. I'm having problems with the Police vehicle, replaced with the LSPD Police, it won't load properly, sometimes crashes the game, sometimes doesn't, very weird. I think I'll just make the VCPD Police 'SA style' too. smile.gif

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (DeathSquad @ Mar 11 2006, 04:52)
user posted image

General idea of what I was thinking about landmass connecting Mainland to Shoreside Vale. Keep it simple, keep it country, this could make up for the idea you have for importing SA into this (without the countryside zones). Put two highways on either side of the land, maybe import one of the country towns from SA and place it in here. But as said, keep it simple, make it all mountains inbetween either side.

I was thinking about a country area, that would be interesting, no not like the the bad lands in gta sa but more east coast smile.gif

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:53 PM Edited by trains, 15 April 2006 - 02:08 PM.

hey all

DeathSquad@laugh out loud nice speech i think you will win the election and big rigs look nice blowing up devil.gif just my throught from a junior train engineer.

LOL oh i almost forgot my life in West Virginia consists of GTA and 4wheelers.

The Mothership Teun or somebody@I would really like to see that 4wheeler from SA it was so much fun driving that off cliffs devil.gif

Mc-Kay@Any Easter updates tomorrow?

all@ who really thinks we should have swimming could really make you mission people think wink.gif
we all like county side i think the guy above me has a point can it please be like Virginia and above?

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (trains @ Apr 15 2006, 13:53)
hey all

DS@lol nice speech i think you will win the election and big rigs look nice blowing up devil.gif just my throught from a junior train engineer.

LOL oh i almost forgot my life in WV consists of GTA and 4wheelers.

TM Teun or somebody@I would really like to see that 4wheeler from SA it was so much fun driving that off cliffs devil.gif

all@ who really thinks we should have swimming could really make you mission ppl think wink.gif
we all like county side i think the guy above me has a point can it plz be like VA and above?

speak slower, in sentances, with real words. then people would take you more seriously. smile.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:47 PM

I think you mean the Tanker, trains? I liked that very much too. Who knows... wink.gif

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (trains @ Apr 15 2006, 13:53)
hey all

DeathSquad@laugh out loud nice speech i think you will win the election and big rigs look nice blowing up devil.gif just my throught from a junior train engineer.

LOL oh i almost forgot my life in West Virginia consists of GTA and 4wheelers.

The Mothership Teun or somebody@I would really like to see that 4wheeler from SA it was so much fun driving that off cliffs devil.gif

all@ who really thinks we should have swimming could really make you mission people think wink.gif
we all like county side i think the guy above me has a point can it please be like Virginia and above?

hell yeah, and for northern libery city it should be like the country side of new your like were I live!

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:41 PM

If there was an update for easter it would only be bug fixes, and new vehicles.

Nothing much else has been added, thats worth a big release.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:18 PM

there are missing buildings in portland harbor:
look here <---

there are upside down objects in stauntan island:

also in downtown Staunton Island there are random floating walls/building objects
objects

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:43 AM

I've found those objests you pointed out.. thankyou

but i'm unable to track down where this object is coming from?

user posted image
can you take that pic from a different angle?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:56 AM

I've posted another update 14.apr.06 on you know where. smile.gif

This fixes todays and last nights bug finds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users