Quantcast

» «
Photo

[History|VC] The thread that started it all.

6,429 replies to this topic

Poll: How much detail would you like to see in game - The more we do the better things will look on Rage /SA engines. Just before you vote also consider posting why replying below, Thankyou. (133 member(s) have cast votes)

How much detail would you like to see in game - The more we do the better things will look on Rage /SA engines. Just before you vote also consider posting why replying below, Thankyou.

1. Keep the maps original - no bridges. (46 votes [5.52%])

Percentage of vote: 5.52%

2. Keep the maps original - with bridges. (36 votes [4.32%])

Percentage of vote: 4.32%

3. Have the Airport with VCS changes. (3 votes [0.36%])

Percentage of vote: 0.36%

4. Have the Airport with VCS / Beta map changes. (42 votes [5.04%])

Percentage of vote: 5.04%

5. Vice City map with all the VCS changes (32 votes [3.84%])

Percentage of vote: 3.84%

6. Vice City map with all the VCS / Beta map changes. (31 votes [3.72%])

Percentage of vote: 3.72%

7. VC, LC with Stories changes. (19 votes [2.28%])

Percentage of vote: 2.28%

8. VC, LC with Stories and Beta Map changes. (48 votes [5.76%])

Percentage of vote: 5.76%

9. I am in the process of remodeling LC and VC. How far should I go. (129 votes [15.47%])

Percentage of vote: 15.47%

10. Ditto with the question above with some nice add ons for SA too. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. Remodel everything in the SA style and feel. (132 votes [15.83%])

Percentage of vote: 15.83%

12. You want to see something new and improved VC, LC and SA (131 votes [15.71%])

Percentage of vote: 15.71%

13. Go wild with 3dsmax and see what happens!. (185 votes [22.18%])

Percentage of vote: 22.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote
NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:55 AM

Well you can download it yourself by going to www.google.com and type in Max Payne Mod GTA3 and it shows up results and just look at the first result and if I am correct it should let you download it and you just take the files in the max payne mod and put it in the right folders in the GTA3 folder and start up GTA3 and you will see snow everywhere in Liberty City.

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:57 AM

Sorry to double post but if you need Ideas for a storyline and new mission ideas just tell me if your interested in my ideas on story lines and new missions.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Xenon Brothers)

• Feroci
  • Mars
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:58 AM Edited by Mc-Kay, 06 July 2005 - 10:03 AM.

Ok, I'll download the max payne, this must be something

i've seen it all over the forums. PM me with your MSN if you have one.

"Dohh it was made by Rockstar, how comes I missed that game."

EDIT- http://grandtheftaut...ts/File/42302/4

that looks more like a texture convertion, hmm cool through

smile.gif

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:01 AM

Don't think I have a MSN but I do have the Max Payne mod from awhile back. Do you like it? just wondering if your gonna put Liberty City with a snow mod in it into your Liberty City and Vice City project? Remember if you still need idea's for new missions and a new storyline just post on this topic if interested.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:12 AM

Well if it's already been done with LC, that means I'll be spending months converting Vice-City aswell (And thats no-where near a small task), if you look at my map plan:

user posted image

It's going to be hell hard.. but something I could look into later..

As I plan to make theme packs also sometime way way into the future.

Themes will be Winter? (Max Payne as im thinking about it), Future, Western and set in the Gangster period, creating new missions as well.

Snow in Vice City, you sure?

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:21 AM

Do not do snow in Vice City that is just weird because Vice City is based on Miami and Miami never snows so no snow in Vice City but definitely snow in Liberty City with the max payne mod. I think you should not connect Liberty City and Vice City with tunnels. Liberty City should be up at the top of the map and Vice City should be below Liberty City and the distance between Liberty City and Vice City should be three minutes. And to get to Liberty City from Vice City and from Liberty City to Vice City you would have to travel through the sea's like using planes and taking off from the airport runways or taking a boat and getting to your destination or if you really want to you can swim to Vice City from Liberty City or vice-versa.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

ok..

Downloading the max payne mod.. i'll be back later..

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:58 AM Edited by teun.steenbekkers, 07 July 2005 - 05:54 AM.

[color=white]Hey, Mc-Kay, typing from school here (crappy computers) and I ensist on a storyline which doesn't feature Claude f*cking Speed for once... All I hear is Claude Speed. I was thinking over your episode idea and have come up with the following:

Episode 1: Homecoming
You are Frankie Cranello, member of the Cronello family. You got to Liberty after you dealt with the Sindacco's and Forelli's there and you are now business partners with the Leone's. (Please no snow cryani.gif It would ruin the atmosphere) Liberty City is a now bruising city with the Italian Mafia consistant of Cranello's and Leone's with now deceased Salvatore Leone's mansion property of Joey Leone, new Don of the Leone's. You will have to prove your loyalty to the Leone's and after that do a few jobs for them. Then, after some jobs you realize you are the one who should be controlling the things here and you took care of the two rival mafia family's. So you do some jobs for a rich business man called Donald Love and he gives you the job to take out Joey Leone in a Cranello gang car to split up the two families and make business with each of the two family's possible. So you think about it for a second, but as a coldblooded mafiosi you do the what's best for your family: Killing Joey Leone and take over property that belongs to the Leone's. So you cruise of to Joey's mansion to kill him, and wait for him to get out of his house. But when outside, Joey gets called and he runs to his car and begins driving. You get rammed by a Leone gang car and have to chase and kill Joey while being hunted by Leone thugs. Turns out Joey made a deal with Love and Donald Love gets paid much for his action. After you killed Leone, you will go to an old friend of yours, Eightball, and get a Leone gang car rigged. You drive to Donals Love's hiding place which some friends found out for you and park next to the little cabin. You activate the bomb, the timer says 10:00 and you have to get away as fast as you can. Donald Love comes running out of his house with a minigun and starts shooting at you, you die and Love and his cabin get blown away. When Eightball hears this, he decides to get the entire Leone family down and become part of the Cronello's.

Episode 2: Rat Extermination
You are Eightball, owner of a popular carbomb-shop. Your good friend Frankie has been killed by Donald Love who was working for the Leone's. Love is now dead but the Leone's are still higly active in Liberty City, and are also making their way to Vice City. You decide to get some Leone gang cars and outfits and stash them in a warehouse near Portland Docks. Then you fly to Vice City and check things out there. Turns out the Haitians are making deals with the Leone's to make expanding to Vice City easier. You buy an old car showroom called Sunshine Auto's from a man named Tommy Vercetti. He tells you a couple of things about Vice City and asks you to do some jobs for you. It turns out he has his own crime family, called, how could it be not, the Vercetti Family. Tommy and his girlfriend Mercedes have three sons, and his brother Vince has got two sons too. Tommy's oldest son has got a little kid, and that's the Vercetti family, but it's still getting bigger. Tommy claims he's getting too old for his job and decides you can have some of his property, including the docks, the airport, which he recently obtained, and the Ocean View Hotel. You are now one of the biggest criminals in Vice City, and that only after being there two months. The Leone have 'arranged' a flight with a plane and are planning to land on your airport. But what they don't know, is that you own the place now. Tommy would have blasted them with a rocketlauncher, but you decide wasting the load on their plane isn't such a great idea. You don't reveil yourself and let them put their load in some containers. At night, Tommy's brother Vinnie and you, go to the airport with silenced guns. There you kill all the Leone thugs guarding the containers, either with your knife, or your gun. When all of them are dead, you get into a Flatbed and while Vinnie is on lookout, you push the containers into a hangar and send an SMS with a phone belonging to one of the thugs, containing the information about the shipping back of the containers back to Liberty for safety reasons. Then Frankie says he has plans on killing the Leone family and drives you to the Ocean View Hotel, he himself is going there too.

Episode 3: What's up, Frank?
You're Frank Vercetti. You're part of the Vercetti family, which is quickly growing. You, just like your brother Tommy, hate every rival crime family. You need to collect more people who could be useful to the family. Last week you convinced the Cubans to do business with them. In trade for the illegal weapons you give to the Cubans, they now get you gang cars and money, and they also do jobs for you. Every Cuban is now driving Sentinel XS's to show who they're doing business with. Yes, you've achieved a lot allready. Now you pick up your son from the Vercetti Mansion and you drive to the airport. There are Leone's everywhere, they must have found out about the little trick you played on them with the new guy, Eightball. Is he part of the Leone family? Nah, he was reliable. You drive around the airport with your son, until suddenly a Admiral stops next to you and a gun points out. You have to drive like a madman to lose him. You drive in the area around the Airport and you speed over a runway, just a second later you'd be hit by a plane, and that's exactly what happens to the Leone's in the Admiral. A giant explosion finds place, and you speed off. You then go back to the Ocean View Hotel to pick up Eightball. You tell him the bad news and he comes with you. You have to collect some Leone gang cars and take them to Eightball's Bomb Shop one by one. The cars will be parked outside when you take the next one there. You will have to find three Packers, and take them back to the cars. You attach the cars to the three Packers. After that's over, you and two thugs drive with you to the airport, where your son gives a sign you should get closer. So you drive to him and the two thugs and he drive of the cars and stash the Packers in a hangar. You and the two thugs each get into a car and your son gets on the roof with a sniper rifle. You drive to the containers and the 10 Leone's standing there. You slow down and your son shoots off the head of one of them. The other ones get in the cars in groups consisting of three. They will react amazed, but you and the thugs take off with the cars, which are now locked at all passenger sides. You will heat the voices of the thugs in your car. 'Hey, what is this? Open the doors, ya prick!' 'Not today, stupid Leone motherf*cker!' 'f*cking yeah you will!' 'Shut it, prick!' You give the Leone thug a headbutt (no headbutt, just storyline) and now he's quiet. You now drive to Phil, who you've met after Tommy introduced him to you. He gives you and the Vercetti thugs body armour and you're ready to go. You drive to the Haitians headquarters and get out. You lock the door on the driverside too, and so do the Vercetti thugs. You begin to run, as you don't have a very good reputation with the Haitians. The Haitians come running out the building with Molotovs, but you scream: 'NOW!' and as you and your thugs press the buttons on your remotes, everything goes up in smoke. That's the second time the Haitians got their headquarters blown up. Then you have a conversation with Eightball about the containers.

You: 'Sh*t, we've got to get rid of the f*cking containers!'
Eightball: 'Well, the containers probably contain drugs, so maybe we sell it to the Yakuza's in Downtown. They know people who could use this stuff.'
You: 'Yeah, that's a great idea! Take my son there, he'll meet up with you at Ocean View's.'
Eightball: 'Make that Sunshine Auto's, I could arrange some top quality bullet proof cars, if anything goes wrong.'
You: 'Cool, I'll tell him to go to you then.'

Episode 4: Dealing drugs, Johnny style!
You’re Johnny Vercetti, son of Frankie Vercetti. The family recently brought in a new errand boy and he is now a good friend of the family. You have to pick him up at Sunshine Auto’s. Your father told you Eightball wanted to blow up some f*cking Leone’s and off course you agreed. You cruise down to Sunshine and find Eightball and see him standing there cleaning two Vercetti gang cars.

You: Hey, man, how ya doin’?
Eightball: Yeah, I’m allright. Got these baby’s bulletproof and armoured up.
You: sh*t! That’s heavy stuff! OK, you wanted to cruise to Yakuza territory in Liberty City?
Eightball: Yeah, we can sell those containers for some real nice amount of paper.
You: Cool, but where are the containers now?
Eightball: They’re being shipped to Liberty City and if the deal goes allright, we have some people who stash the stuff, and then the Yakuza’s will move it to their territory.
You: OK, cool, let’s go! I’ll take this beauty and you take that one!

You cruise of to Liberty City and cross some Yakuza’s. You must be in Yakuza territory now. But then some Yardie’s start shooting at them.

You: f*ck, the f*ck is this?
Eightball: Man, I thought those Yardie’s were out of town. Let’s kill ‘em!
You: Here take this!

You give Eightball a shotgun and take a assault rifle yourself. You get out and start shooting heads. When all the Yardie’s are dead, you walk to the Yakuza’s and ask them what that was all about.

You: f*ck, what was that? Who were those motherf*ckers?
Yakuza thug: Damn! They were Yardie’s, but they were all gone from here I thought! That’s not your business! Who the hell are you anyway?
You: Me? I’m Johnny Vercetti, a member of the Vercetti family, and I’m here to do you an offer, or actually the head of your organization.
Yakuza thug: Well, the man is near the docks now, making a deal with the Cranello family.
You: Cranello family? OK, we’ll go there and do him a business proposition.
Yakuza thug: How do I know you’re not here to kill him?
You: Well, come with me then and be my guest to kill me if I kill him!
Yakuza thug: Well, allright, but you’re dead if the boss ends up dead!

The Yakuza thug and you get into one of the armoured vehicles and Eightball gets into the other one. You drive of to the docks. Eightball didn’t here the conversation so he doesn’t know you’re going to see the Cranello’s. When you arrive there, he sees them and freaks out.

Eightball: Damn, the Cranello’s! What should I do?
You: What? You know them, are they rival or not?
Eightball: Well, my good friend Frankie was part of their family but died, and maybe now they think I’m part of a rival family.
You: Well, let’s see if we can make friends with the Cranello’s. Who’s the head of their family?
Eightball: I think Frankie’s sister is, Katie. But she’s a hard one.
You: OK, is she there too?
Eightball: Lemme see, yeah, she’s standing there!
You: OK, let’s talk to her and the Yakuza’s then!

You, Eightball, and the thug get out of the car and walk to the small crowd of Cranello’s and Yakuza’s. They notice you and ask you who you are.

Yakuza thug: Hey, who are you guys?
Katie: Hey, that’s Eightball! Eightball, who are these pricks?
You: Now now, we’re here to make business arrangements, with both of you.
Eightball: Johnny’s a member of the Vercetti family and we want you to become partners, Katie. And we also want to make a deal with the Yakuza’s over there.
Yakuza leader: Well, what kind of proposition do you have then?
Katie: Wait a second! Why would we become partners with you? Who says you aren’t linked to the Leone’s?
Eightball: Nah, Katie, Johnny’s father and I blasted away some Leone’s yesterday.
Yakuza leader: Quiet everyone! Let the man explain do his proposition.
Johnny: Thank you! Well, the Leone’s, as we got from reliable sources, were moving a load to Vice City. As Eightball bought the local airport there from my uncle, he decided to get that load into his hands and let them stash it there. Then we thought we made them believe the load had gone back to Liberty. But they found out our little trick and then we had to get the load the hard way. We got three rigged Leone cars, and my brother shot one of the Leone’s standing there. The other 9 got into the cars en we locked the doors and drove to the Haitians’ headquarters. We parked them there and activated the bombs. We ran like hell and well, the Haitians’ headquarters was history, for the second time. Then we took the load, which exists out of guns and drugs, onto a ship, and we decided to try and sell the stuff.
Yakuza leader: Ah, well come with me then so we can have a look inside the ship. Oh, and Eightball, right? Maybe you can discuss the little partnership you wanted to have with the Cranello’s?
Eightball: Yeah, sure!
Yakuza leader: Well, that’s quite some drugs and weapons in here, I would pay a lot of money for this. Let me introduce myself, I’m Wu Zi Mu, leader of the Liberty City Blue Lagoons Boys, the San Andreas Mountain Cloud boys, yes, a Triad group. I and the Triad leader here were good friends until he died, and I took over his organization.
Johnny: Well, nice to meet you, sir. Let’s do business then.
Wu Zi Mu: Well, what do you say? 150000 dollars allright?
Johnny: Yeah! That’s a really nice offer!
Wu Zi Mu: Well, that’s a smooth deal then! Come to my office tomorrow, then I’ll have the money!
Johnny: OK, that’s a deal!

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:08 AM

Actually People are thinking of using Claude Speed because of the SA PC game having the new Claude Speed look so actually using Claude Speed makes the game more fun and having snow in Liberty City is a great idea because it gives Liberty City an All New look and makes Liberty City alot better. I really don't think that having an all new character in Liberty City and Vice City is cool idea.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:24 AM

After looking at the Max Payne mod..

Narh.. I'm against it, for 2 reasons.

1. It's already been done, (It's a very cool mod) but just for LC.

(Dunzo, Period)

(The Story line I see is a good one), I want things to fit in with GTA only.

2. Moving the maps far away from each other would be pointless, making game
missions alot longer then they would need to be. (The Boredom Factor)

But I like the idea of swimming and flying to each island, and dair I say it there
will be a 3rd map island too..

(Not talking about SA yet), update more soon.

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

Well I for one would do the snow mod because it gives a new look to LC and makes it cooler with the snow. If you are looking for a Vice City snow mod just ask if you are interested in the location of the Vice City snow mod. And you should seperate LC and VC because LC is based on New York and VC is based on Miami and everbody knows that New York and Miami are not connected by tunnels or bridges and New York is north and Miami is south. Just saying

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:14 PM Edited by Mc-Kay, 06 December 2005 - 07:37 PM.

I know what your saying, and it's cool, but that's being done already.

I can't rain on someone elses project, I'll leave the snow mod for a theme
pack sometime in the future, or if the GTA engine can even handle seasonal
weather changes.

(thats an idea there). col zones smile.gif

here is an update.. and i'm in need of a voting poll?
user posted image

Downtown construction, note the map above.
user posted imageuser posted image

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:33 PM Edited by teun.steenbekkers, 06 July 2005 - 04:22 PM.

It's me again, from home now, Mc-Kay, did you mean my storyline with this:

(The Story line I see is a good one), I want things to fit in with GTA only.

If so, I'll create the third one too. But I understand the islands have to be merged at first offcourse. And I totally love the Vice Engine too but here are some ideas of mine:

1. Custom Player selection:
After playing through all missions and episodes, you can pick one of the player models used in the episodes. Every player will have his own custom weapons and HUD. If possible, an other voice also, but I think this isn't possible, not even in SA where different voices are defined in peds.ide. Also a safehouse (for example a church or tall building) would feature the player selection screen and give the player predefined weapons from some weapon groups (pistols, melee, etc.) and when the player comes back to select another player I could make a piece of code which checks which weapon groups the player posesses and if you posess a weapon group, it will give you the predefined weapon from the character from that weapon group. This way you'll never get extra's and it will look more professional.

2. Radio Stations
New radio stations, this would require voice actors and songs. Also maybe the player can predefine a radio station so every time you'd get into a car you would have to press a button to get your favourite radio station on. Not actually needed, but still...

3. Modernize shops, billboards
I presume the storyline will feature Liberty City and Vice City in 2006, so then billboards, shops, car textures maybe, clothing, fashion would have to be updated.

4. Indeed a bruising third island!
Cool roads, a mountainvillage with alot of nature and industrial stuff.

EDIT: Edited the storyline post!

EDIT: Wow! Now I see the bridge in the corner of your pic. Really cool, but me and my shortterm mind: Is there anything else different? Don't remember Downtown so well.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:53 PM Edited by Mc-Kay, 06 July 2005 - 05:12 PM.

Hi mate, is it possible to have your MSN addy..

I need to exchange some ideas.. and send you stuff so you can start moduling

smile.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:31 PM Edited by teun.steenbekkers, 07 July 2005 - 04:54 AM.

My msn is: teuntjuh_steenbekkers@hotmail.com. Cool, but how'd you like my storyline?

Talk to you on msn...

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:34 PM Edited by Mc-Kay, 21 July 2005 - 08:10 PM.

Nothing much to write home about this time around..

Just moving all the images that belong to LC into there respective map folders
and renaming them on the fly, (Even editing the IPL and IDE files)

this way they will not conflict with existing VC file names.
when building them into the map.

smile.gif

CODE

/*
  GTA Universal Data Sorter v0.04
  ©2005 Keith Capel (AKA MC-Kay) &
  Michael Trebilcock (AKA Zenithousity)

$VER: GTA-DS.rexx 0.04 (09.Jul.05) GTA Universal Data Sorter 0.04

Coder's system specs (Michael):

Processor    Hard Disk Drives
  =========    ================

AMD Athlon 64 3000+   80GB Seagate (ST380011A)
  (Winchester) @ 1.8ghz  120GB (WDC WD1200JB-00GVA0)

Operating System   Experience
  ================      ==========

Custom made WinUAE1.0   9 years AREXX coding
  installation. AmigaOS3.9 w/
  BoingBag-2 upgrade

Coder's system specs (Keith):

Processor    Hard Disk Drives
  =========            ================

Twin P4 @ 2 x 1.8ghz            4 x 200GB Segate

Operating System      Experience
  ================   ==========

6 years of AREXX coding
  Direct boot to WinUAE1.0   4 years of GFX design
  installation / WinXP pro      Texture mapping
  AmigaOS3.9 w/ BoingBag-2   Game level designer

2 years with Moo Mapper
*/

Parse Arg Args

SAY "GTA Universal Data Sorter 0.04"
SAY "©2005 Keith Capel (AKA MC-Kay) &"
SAY "Michael Trebilcock (AKA Zenithousity)"
SAY ""

ADDRESS COMMAND 'RequestFile TITLE="Please browse to your data/maps/ folder" >T:RFOut.tmp'

Call Open(File,"T:RFOut.tmp","R")
MFld=Strip(ReadLn(File),,d2c(34))
Call Close(File)

ADDRESS COMMAND 'LIST "'MFld'" DIRS QUICK >T:LOut.tmp'

Call Open(File,"T:LOut.tmp","R")

i=1
DO UNTIL EOF(File)
MDir.i=ReadLn(File)
i=i+1
End

MDirs=i-3

Call Close(File)

ADDRESS COMMAND 'RequestFile TITLE="Select path of your txd/dff/col files" >T:RFOut.tmp'

IMGFld=Strip(ReadLn(File),,d2c(34))
Call Close(File)

ADDRESS COMMAND 'RequestFile TITLE="Select an empty directory" >T:RFOut.tmp'

STFld=Strip(ReadLn(File),,d2c(34)) /* ST = Store */
Call Close(File)

SAY "Caching all maps data, please wait approximately 2 minutes.."
SAY ""

Call Open(EXEFile,"T:ExecuteThis.script","W")

DO i=1 TO MDirs
CDir=MDir.i
Call WriteLn(EXEFile,'MakeDir "'STFld''CDir'"')
ADDRESS COMMAND 'LIST "'MFld''CDir'" QUICK >T:LOut.tmp'
i2=0
DO UNTIL EOF(File)
 Out=ReadLn(File)
 IF Right(Out,4)=".ide"|Right(Out,4)=".ipl" THEN DO
  i2=i2+1
  MFile.CDir.i2=Out
 End
End
MFiles.CDir=i2
Call Close(File)
DO i3=1 TO MFiles.CDir
 SAY "Processing file "MFld""CDir"/"MFile.CDir.i3
 Call Open(DFile,MFld""CDir"/"MFile.CDir.i3,"R")
 DO UNTIL EOF(DFile)
  Out=ReadLn(DFile)
  Words=Words(Out)
  DO i4=1 TO Words
   MWord=Word(Out,i4)
   IF MWord.MWord~="MWORD."MWord&Find(MWord.MWord,CDir)="0" THEN MWord.MWord=MWord.MWord""CDir" "
   ELSE IF MWord.MWord="MWORD."MWord THEN MWord.MWord=CDir" "
  End
 End
 Call Close(DFile)
End
End

SAY ""
SAY "Maps data has been cached"
SAY ""
SAY "Storing a list of all files extracted from the .img"

ADDRESS COMMAND 'LIST "'IMGFld'" QUICK >T:LOut.tmp'

i5=1
DO UNTIL EOF(File)
IFile.i5=ReadLn(File)
i5=i5+1
End

IFiles=i5-3

Call Close(File)

SAY "Done, there are "IFiles" stored in "IMGFld
SAY ""
SAY "Matching "IFiles" files to their respective maps folders"
SAY ""

DO i6=1 TO IFiles
IMatch=IFile.i6
IMatch=Left(IMatch,Length(IMatch)-4)","
Match=MWord.IMatch
DO i7=1 TO Words(Match)
 CDir=Word(Match,i7)
 IF Left(CDir,6)~="MWORD." THEN DO
  Call WriteLn(EXEFile,'Copy "'IMGFld''IFile.i6'" TO "'STFld''CDir'/'Args''IFile.i6'"')
  IF Args~="" THEN DO i8=1 TO MFiles.CDir
   MPath=CDir"/"MFile.CDir.i8
   IF MPath.MPath~="MPATH."MPath&Find(MPath.MPath,IMatch)="0" THEN MPath.MPath=MPath.MPath""IMatch" "
   ELSE IF MPath.MPath="MPATH."MPath THEN MPath.MPath=IMatch" "
  End
 End
End
End

Call Close(EXEFile)

IF Args~="" THEN DO
SAY "(!RENAME MODE!)"
SAY ""
DO i9=1 TO MDirs
 CDir=MDir.i9
 DO i10=1 TO MFiles.CDir
  MPath=CDir"/"MFile.CDir.i10
  TWords=MPath.MPath /* Texture Words */
  SAY "Renaming textures in "MFld""CDir"/"MFile.CDir.i10
  Call Open(OFile,MFld""CDir"/"MFile.CDir.i10,"R") /* OFile = Original File */
  Call Open(NFile,MFld""CDir"/"Args""MFile.CDir.i10,"W") /* NFile = New File */
  DO UNTIL EOF(OFile)
   Out=ReadLn(OFile)
   OWords=Words(Out)
   DO i11=1 TO OWords
    OWord=Word(Out,i11)
    FindR=Find(TWords,OWord)
    IF FindR>0 THEN DO
     FindR2=Find(Out,OWord)
     Done=""
     DO i12=1 TO FindR2-1
      Done=Done""Word(Out,i12)" "
     End
     Done=Done""Args
     DO i12=i12 TO OWords
      Done=Done""Word(Out,i12)" "
     End
     Done=Left(Done,Length(Done)-1)
     Out=Done
    End
   End
   IF ~EOF(OFile) THEN Call WriteLn(NFile,Out)
  End
  Call Close(NFile)
  Call Close(OFile)
 End
End
End

SAY "An executeable file has been stored in T:ExecuteThis.script"
SAY "Please now type C:Execute T:ExecuteThis.script"
SAY ""
IF Args~="" THEN DO
SAY "In addition to matching up the textures with their map folders, you"
SAY "have opted to prefix all textures and texture names inside of the .ide"
SAY "and .ipl files with '"Args"', please check to see this has been done."
End
Exit

user posted image

I may be renaming and moving stuff.. but i've overlooked the data stored in the col files, and i'm not sure if I can mass edit these files just yet, for all my shortcuts, saving time it looks like I will be doing alot of stuff by hand..

UQID, Texture changed - Comnbtm.ide

12075, lc_Jetty, lc_compark, 1, 163, 0
12076, lc_tenmnt6ad, lc_comtenblock6b, 1, 120, 0
12077, lc_tenament1ad, lc_tenblock6aa, 1, 152, 0
12078, lc_tenament3ad, lc_tenblock6a, 1, 144, 0
12079, lc_plyrsv_htl, lc_tenblock6a, 1, 150, 0

UQID , Textures changed with prefix lc_ - Comnbtm.ipl

12075, lc_Jetty, 53.6399, -605.708, 23.1283, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
12076, lc_tenmnt6ad, 174.219, -439.071, 41.2535, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
12077, lc_tenament1ad, 33.8497, -429.853, 34.4108, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
12078, lc_tenament3ad, 21.764, -460.2, 42.5043, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
12079, lc_plyrsv_htl, 131.17, -503.107, 64.5708, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

Now the UQID asfar as I know is only used in theses files, what I would like to know is where esle they could be called apon. ???

the.GTA3.man
  • the.GTA3.man

The Man

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:30 AM

Well, I had the idea to do this a while ago, I had the whole thing worked out in my head.... but I don't know how to mod so i didn't. My idea was that the citys would be joined like you said. However, in my mind I thought the mod should be of the original two games, un-modded citys (of best ability... if nesesarry). And a third island would be nice. But in keeping with that feel, the citys should retain their own cars and fonts, though this would mean two sentinals.. etc. but they would spawn in their own citys respectively, but you could drive one to the other.... I know it would be hard, but i think since the atmosphere or 'feel' of a city in gta is so important it would be nice to have.

Dan!
  • Dan!

Stinky Cheese Robot

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:43 AM

If the font is anything like VC's font, it shouldn't be changable on a car by car basis, if I remember correctly. I think if the font is changed, you should go with something neutral to all 3 cities. Pricedown, perhaps? I like the idea of player selection. The custom voices for each one wouldn't work, I don't think. I'd prefer no voices at all for the player =P But I'm just a GTA3 lovin' guy. I'll be keeping my eye on this mod. colgate.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:08 PM

So, Mc-Kay, what's the progress so far? When it's done I can code the stuff. Damn, if someone would just post the gta-vc.exe file here, I get a memory allocation error (not for SA).

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:36 PM Edited by Mc-Kay, 12 July 2005 - 01:39 PM.

Removed.. this post came up twice.

Mc-Kay smile.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (teun.steenbekkers @ Jul 11 2005, 21:08)
So, Mc-Kay, what's the progress so far? When it's done I can code the stuff. Damn, if someone would just post the gta-vc.exe file here, I get a memory allocation error (not for SA).

Est: 54% until job done.

But i'm running into unforseen problems...

[QUOTE]
I may be renaming and moving stuff.. but i've overlooked the data stored in the col files, and i'm not sure if I can mass edit these files just yet, for all my shortcuts, saving time it looks like I will be doing alot of stuff by hand..

UQID, Texture changed - Comnbtm.ide

12075, lc_Jetty, lc_compark, 1, 163, 0
12076, lc_tenmnt6ad, lc_comtenblock6b, 1, 120, 0
12077, lc_tenament1ad, lc_tenblock6aa, 1, 152, 0
12078, lc_tenament3ad, lc_tenblock6a, 1, 144, 0
12079, lc_plyrsv_htl, lc_tenblock6a, 1, 150, 0

UQID , Textures changed with prefix lc_ - Comnbtm.ipl

12075, lc_Jetty, 53.6399, -605.708, 23.1283, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
12076, lc_tenmnt6ad, 174.219, -439.071, 41.2535, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
12077, lc_tenament1ad, 33.8497, -429.853, 34.4108, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
12078, lc_tenament3ad, 21.764, -460.2, 42.5043, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
12079, lc_plyrsv_htl, 131.17, -503.107, 64.5708, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

Now the UQID asfar as I know is only used in theses files, what I would like to know is where esle they could be called apon. ???

????

I'm also interested in Andy's boundry hack, So Andy, if you have read this thread drop me a line smile.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:52 PM Edited by Mc-Kay, 06 December 2005 - 07:38 PM.

QUOTE (denracer @ Jul 4 2005, 13:10)
QUOTE (teun.steenbekkers @ Jul 4 2005, 13:00)
Great plan, Mc-Kay! Maybe some custom islands? An Odie memorial statue? I love this already! But texture updates will have to be made and stuff. Oh, the links to the scripts don't work  smile.gif But when Liberty really gets in Vice City, I could do the coding. It would be the story before the story of my custom city which I started.

yeah its a good idea but why do you get furder on Vice city and not on SAN ANDREAS ?? Maybe LC and VC in SA ?

Ummmm,

Yeah we are going to include SA in time smile.gif

Beta testing bench for SA:

Picture 1 - VC side.

Picture 2 - LC Side. 12% ported

This does not show what the final version will look like. but for now i'm working on LC and VC, by the time we have finished this stage, alot of problems with SA would have been solved and maybe a good mapping tool would have been released.

smile.gif

SMGbab16
  • SMGbab16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:22 AM

There is no more problem with Col smile.gif (I Think)
I've helped Mc-Kay to make the "Col Renamer"

I hope Andy will be able to hack the Boundaries and also the 20000 ID limit, So Mc-Kay will be able to put SA,VC ans LC into the same map biggrin.gif

homer_simpson
  • homer_simpson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:41 AM Edited by homer_simpson, 16 July 2005 - 02:47 AM.

Right!!, Yeah, Sure...

I've been reading all your comments on the forum, with great amusement.

Maybe you can help with storylines and missions..

Show me what you know homer.

LMFAO alrite
k lets see i made this
CODE
:lighttest
0001: wait 0 ms
00D6: if 0
00DE: player $me driving_vehicle_type #PEREN;
004D: jump_if_false ££lighttest
03C1: $bttfcar = player $me car
02E3: $timespeed = car $bttfcar speed
0011: $timespeed *= 4.0;; floating-point values
00D6: if 1
0020:   $timespeed >  141.6;; floating-point values
00E1:   key_pressed  0  18
004D: jump_if_false ££lighttest
004F: create_thread ££makesparks
0001: wait 4500 ms
0459: end_thread_named: "SPARKS"
0169: set_fade_color  255  255  255
02E3: $timespeed = car $bttfcar speed
016A: fade  0 ()  200 ms
0001: wait 200 ms
0055: put_player $me at  -449.118  -482.38  10.5
0175: set_car $bttfcar z_angle_to 90.0
04BA: set_car  $bttfcar speed_instantly  $timespeed
016A: fade  1 (back)  200 ms
0001: wait 2000 ms
0002: jump ££lighttest

:makesparks
03A4: name_thread "SPARKS"

:sparking
0174: $bttfangle = car $bttfcar z_angle
0009: $bttfangle +=  90.0;; floating-point values
02F7: $xvar = sinus $bttfangle;; cosine swapped with sinus
; divgf                               $xvar, 2.0
02F6: $yvar = cosine $bttfangle;; sinus swapped with cosine
;  divgf                               $yvar, 2.0
0208: $zspeed = random_float  -0.5  0.5
0407: create_coordinate $parx $pary $parz from_car $bttfcar offset 0.0 3.0 0.0
0437: scatter_particle 12 0.5 at $parx $pary $parz $varx $vary $zspeed
0437: scatter_particle 12 0.5 at $parx $pary $parz $varx $vary 0.0
0437: scatter_particle 1 0.05 at $parx $pary $parz $varx $vary $zspeed
0437: scatter_particle 1 0.05 at $parx $pary $parz $varx $vary 0.0
0011: $varx *= -1.0;; floating-point values
0011: $vary *= -1.0;; floating-point values
0437: scatter_particle 12 0.5 at $parx $pary $parz $varx $vary $zspeed
0437: scatter_particle 12 0.5 at $parx $pary $parz $varx $vary 0.0
0437: scatter_particle 1 0.05 at $parx $pary $parz $varx $vary $zspeed
0437: scatter_particle 1 0.05 at $parx $pary $parz $varx $vary 0.0
0002: jump ££sparking

and this with some help
CODE
:RaceDrag
0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined
004D: jump_if_false ££RaceDrag
00F9:   player $PLAYER_CHAR stopped  1 (in-sphere)near_point_on_foot -1436.41  980.38  15.66 radius  1.0  1.0  1.0
004D: jump_if_false ££RaceDrag

:createcar
0247: request_model #MULE
0247: request_model #WMOCA
0247: request_model #OCEANIC

:carloop
00D6: if 2
0248:   model #MULE available
0248:   model #WMOCA available
0248:   model #OCEANIC available
004D: jump_if_false ££carloop
0395: clear_area  1 at  -1448.07  958.34 range  10.78  5.0
00A5: $car = create_car #MULE at -1448.07  958.34  15.7
0175: set_car  $car z_angle_to 180.0
02AC: set_car  $car immunities  1  1  1  1  1
0423: car $car improve_handling  1.5
00A9: set_car $car to_normal_driver

00A5: $car2 = create_car #OCEANIC at -1460.86  956.34  15.7
0175: set_car $car2 z_angle_to 180.0
02AC: set_car  $car2 immunities  1  1  1  1  1
036A: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_car $car2
03BF: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR ignored_by_everyone_to  1 (true)
01F7: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR ignored_by_cops_state_to  1 (true)
0129: $DRIVER = create_actor  4 #WMOCA in_car $car driverseat
0249: release_model #MULE
0249: release_model #WMOCA
0249: release_model #OCEANIC

018A: $xEDC = create_checkpoint_at -1416.92  644.312  15.66

; 00A7: car $car drive_to -1416.92  644.312  15.66
039F: car $car race to -1416.92  644.312
00AD: set_car $car max_speed_to  55.0
0002: jump ££start

:start
03D1: play_wav  1
00D6: if  0
0038:   $car ==  9;; integer values
004D: jump_if_false ££start1
00BA: text_styled "RACE1"  1200 ms  4;; ~g~3..2..1.. GO GO GO!
0002: jump ££dead

:dead
0119:   car $car wrecked
004D: jump_if_false ££timer

:timer
0161: tie_marker $ECC to_car $car  0  1
03CC: car $car add_to_stuck_car_check  .1 =  1000
03C3: set_timer_with_text_to $E81 type  0 text "R_TIME";; RACE TIME:
0002: jump ££won

:start1
01B4: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR frozen_state  0 (frozen)
03BF: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR ignored_by_everyone_to  1 (true)
01F7: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR ignored_by_cops_state_to  1 (true)
00BA: text_styled "RACE2"  1500 ms  4;; ~g~3
018C: play_sound  7 at  0.0  0.0  0.0
0001: wait  1500 ms
0395: clear_area  0 at  -1460.86  956.34 range  10.9  1.0
00BA: text_styled "RACE3"  1500 ms  4;; ~g~2
018C: play_sound  8 at  0.0  0.0  0.0
0395: clear_area  0 at  -1460.86  956.34 range  11.167  1.0
00BA: text_styled "RACE4"  1500 ms  4;; ~g~1
018C: play_sound  9 at  0.0  0.0  0.0
0373: set_camera_directly_behind_player
02EB: restore_camera_with_jumpcut
022F: set_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR stop_looking
8118:   NOT   actor $DRIVER dead
022F: set_actor $DRIVER stop_looking
0002: jump ££gogo

:gogo
00BA: text_styled "RACE5"  800 ms  4;; ~g~GO!
018C: play_sound  10 at  0.0  0.0  0.0
01B4: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR frozen_state  1 (unfrozen)
03BF: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR ignored_by_everyone_to  0 (false)
01F7: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR ignored_by_cops_state_to  0 (false)
0002: jump ££check

:check
jf ££check
00D6: if 23
81AD:   NOT   car $car  0 ()near_point -1416.92  644.312  15.0  15.0
8119:   NOT   car $car wrecked
8119:   NOT   car $car2 wrecked
8118:   NOT   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR dead
jf ££lost
81AD:    NOT  car $car2  0 ()near_point -1416.92  644.312  15.0  15.0
jf ££won
0002: jump ££check

:lost
00BA: text_styled "M_FAIL"  5000 ms  1;; MISSION FAILED!
0002: jump ££end

:won
00BB: text_lowpriority "FIRST"  100 ms  1;; ~b~1st
0109: player $PLAYER_CHAR money += 5000

:end
009B: destroy_actor_instantly $DRIVER
00A6: destroy_car $car
0002: jump ££Racedrag

and this
CODE
:Mysave
03A4: name_thread "Mysave"

:Save1
0001: wait  250 ms
004D: jump_if_false ££Jumpthing
03EE:   player $PLAYER_CHAR controllable
0038:   $ONMISSION ==  0;; integer values
004D: jump_if_false ££Destroy
0038:   $194 ==  0;; integer values
004D: jump_if_false ££Save2
0213: $195 = create_pickup #PICKUPSAVE type  3 at  X Y Z
0004: $194 =  1;; integer values

:Save2
0214:   pickup $195 picked_up
004D: jump_if_false ££Jumping
0050: gosub ££Frozen
004D: jump_if_false ££Gofish
0215: destroy_pickup $195
0213: $195 = create_pickup #PICKUPSAVE type  3 at  X Y Z
016A: fade  1 (back)  1000 ms
0395: clear_area  1 at  X Y range  10.2  1.0
0055: put_player $PLAYER_CHAR at  X Y Z
0171: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR z_angle_to  270.0

:Gofish
0050: gosub ££Savedone

:Jumping
0002: jump ££Jumpthing

:Destroy
0038:   $194 ==  1;; integer values
0215: destroy_pickup $195
0004: $194 =  0;; integer values

:Jumpthing
0002: jump ££Save1

:Frozen
0004: $ONMISSION =  1;; integer values
01B4: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR frozen_state  0 (frozen)
03D8: show_save_screen
0001: wait  0 ms

:Savedone
004D: jump_if_false ££Savedone2

:Savedone2
0001: wait  500 ms
004D: jump_if_false ££Return
01B4: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR frozen_state  1 (unfrozen)
0004: $ONMISSION =  0;; integer values

:Return
0051: return

and this
CODE
:FlyPort
00E4:   player $PLAYER_CHAR  1 (in-sphere)near point on foot  -1389.29  -881.521 radius  0.6  1.3
004D: jump_if_false ££FlyPort
03BC:  0@ = create_sphere  -1389.29  -881.521  21.9  1.5
03E5: text_box "TP1"; Stand here for 3 seconds to fly to Paradise Island
0001: wait  1000 ms
00E4:   player $PLAYER_CHAR  1 (in-sphere)near point on foot  -1389.29  -881.521 radius  0.6  1.3
0169: set_fade_color  255  255  255
016A: fade  0 ()  200 ms
0001: wait 200 ms
016A: fade  1 (back)  200 ms
0055: put_player $PLAYER_CHAR at  X Y Z
0002: jump ££FlyPort

oh and and this
user posted image
and im working on gta sc with a team
and you can find more of my work here http://s9.invisionfr...hp?showforum=42

Now if your going to say something make it smart
cause all the bullsh*t youve been blabbing away just backfired at your ass

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:10 AM

confused.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:08 AM Edited by Mc-Kay, 21 July 2005 - 08:15 PM.

OK smile.gif

I've reached a point where i've got both maps into the VC engine..

but LC and VC are to packed together.

Picture 1.

user posted image

CODE

rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx yacht/yacht +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx washints/washints +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx washintna/washintna +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx washintn/washintn +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx stripclb/stripclb +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx starisl/starisl +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx stadint/stadint +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx oceandrv/oceandrv +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx oceandn/oceandn +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx nbeachw/nbeachw +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx nbeachbt/nbeachbt +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx nbeach/nbeach +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx mansion/mansion +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx mall/mall +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx littleha/littleha +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx lawyers/lawyers +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx islandsf/islandsf +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx golf/golf +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx haiti/haiti +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx haitiN/HaitiN +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx hotel/hotel +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx docks/docks +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx downtown/downtown +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx downtownn/downtownn +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx downtows/downtows +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx concerth/concerth +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx club/club +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx cisland/cisland +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx bridge/bridge +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx bank/bank +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx airportN/airportN +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx airportB/airportB +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx airport/airport +0 -100 -800 +0 1 @

Using Andy's boundry expander, there is still not much space on the (X axis). +/- (3000)

Moving GTA3 (Lib City), (X) -1300, (Y) +800, (Z) 0

and VC, (X) +1000, (Y) 0 , (Z) 0

user posted image

CODE

rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx comnbtm/comnbtm +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx comntop/comntop +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx comroad/comroad +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx comse/comse +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx comsw/comsw +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx indroads/indroads +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx industne/industne +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx industnw/industnw +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx industse/industse +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx industsw/industsw +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx landne/landne +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx landsw/landsw +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx subroads/subroads +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx temppart/temppart +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx making/making +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx props/props +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @
rx sys:GTA-IPLHack.rexx overview/overview +0 +0 +500 +1 1 @

I need some input here..

as my only option now is to move VC by (Y axis) -800 ??[code=auto:0]

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:13 PM

Hello people, as you can see in Mc-Kay's post, we're making progress but the limits are hardcoded I think, so we need someone who can help us with the boundaries. If Andy reads this, how did you adjust the limits? We just need to figure that out and an easy way to rename all files in the COL-files. If we get these two things right, we would be ready for the next step I think.

the.GTA3.man
  • the.GTA3.man

The Man

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:11 PM

looks very nice, i cant wait to see the finished map

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:07 AM

I just need to ask 2 questions about this mod

1. Is this mod gonna be for SA?

2. If it is for SA is there gonna be a way to seperate VC and LC because I like the fact that you have to take a flight from LC to VC and Vise-versa but connecting VC and LC is just kind of weird no effense but that like connecting Miami and New York they are not connected together so you have to fly the distance to get to either.

Thanks for reading

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:01 AM Edited by Mc-Kay, 19 July 2005 - 04:40 PM.

QUOTE (SMGbab16 @ Jul 16 2005, 02:22)
There is no more problem with Col smile.gif (I Think)
I've helped Mc-Kay to make the "Col Renamer"

I hope Andy will be able to hack the Boundaries and also the 20000 ID limit, So Mc-Kay will be able to put SA,VC ans LC into the same map biggrin.gif

yep.. Renaming col files is still a problem.

I'm not able to run that script, nor am I able to come up with everything on my native platform that will do the job.

Now I need to list what files the have X, Y and Z cords..
because i've overlooked stuff. sad.gif

1. the (IDE 2dfx images)
2. Zon files.
3. Cull files. ?????????????
4. Any other files I should be considering?

I've only renamed the DFF and changed the UNIDs in the IDE files.
CODE

9075, 1Jetty, 1compark, 1, 163, 0
9076, 1tenmnt6ad, 1comtenblock6b, 1, 120, 0
9077, 1tenament1ad, 1tenblock6aa, 1, 152, 0

Changed both the IDs, Cords, Dff, and Txd's in the IPL files.
CODE

9075, 1Jetty, 0, 1353.64, 694.292, 43.1283, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
9076, 1tenmnt6ad, 0, 1474.22, 860.929, 61.2535, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
9077, 1tenament1ad, 0, 1333.85, 870.147, 54.4108, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

IDE files have the 2dfx images..
CODE

ID     X           Y           Z              
9082, -33.7737, -15.3476, -0.129492, 117, 117, 117, 200, 0, "coronastar", "shad_exp", 100, 0, 2, 0, 40, 1, 0, 0, 0

Etc:
9082, -32.4736, -15.3249, -0.129492, 119, 119, 119, 200, 0, "coronastar", "shad_exp", 100, 0, 2, 0, 40, 1, 0, 0, 0
9082, -12.8104, -13.2537, -0.129492, 114, 114, 114, 200, 0, "coronastar", "shad_exp", 100, 0, 2, 0, 40, 1, 0, 0, 0
9082, -12.8104, -11.9533, -0.129492, 109, 109, 109, 200, 0, "coronastar", "shad_exp", 100, 0, 2, 0, 40, 1, 0, 0, 0

Zon Files are interesting, they seems to have 2 sets of X Y Z cords.
Mick look at: map.zon, navig.zon and info.zon..... all need changing.

CODE

X         Y         Z    X2       Y2        Z2
DTOWN,  0, -1613.03, 413.128, 0.0, -213.73, 1677.32, 300.0, 1
BEACH3, 0, 163.656, -351.153, 0.0, 1246.03, 1398.85, 300.0, 1
BEACH2, 0, -103.97, -930.526, 0.0, 1246.03, -351.153, 300.0, 1
BEACH1, 0, -253.206, -1805.37, 0.0, 1254.9, -930.526, 300.0, 1
A_PORT, 0, -1888.21, -1779.61, 0.0, -1208.21, 230.39, 300.0, 1
STARI,   0, -748.206, -818.266, 0.0, -104.505, -241.467, 300.0, 1
PORNI,   0, -213.73, 797.605, 0.0, 163.656, 1243.47, 300.0, 1
GOLFC,   0, -213.73, -241.429, 0.0, 163.656, 797.605, 300.0, 1
JUNKY,    1, -1396.76, -42.9113, 0.0, -1208.21, 230.39, 300.0, 1
DOCKS,  0, -1208.21, -1779.61, 0.0, -253.206, -898.738, 300.0, 1
HAVANA, 0, -1208.21, -898.738, 0.0, -748.206, -241.467, 300.0, 1
HAITI,     0, -1208.21, -241.467, 0.0, -578.289, 412.66, 300.0, 1

Moving on.. smile.gif

This is where i'm puzzled.. occlu.ipl ????????? biggrin.gif

CODE

910.754, -331.091, 13.5316, 899.941, -378.175, 3.53162, 921.567, -284.008, 23.5316, 0, 0
910.754, -455.188, 18.8916, 899.941, -466.552, 13.8916, 921.567, -443.824, 23.8916, 0, 0
880.325, -455.143, 21.3704, 860.325, -466.552, 13.8704, 900.325, -443.734, 28.8704, 0, 0

I've put my data folder up for downland:

all the changed map files..

Is there anything else i'm missing????

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users