Quantcast

» «
Photo

[History|VC] The thread that started it all.

5,021 replies to this topic

Poll: What was your all time favourite GTA Protagonist? (92 member(s) have cast votes)

What was your all time favourite GTA Protagonist?

1. Billy (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Linda (5 votes [0.80%])

Percentage of vote: 0.80%

3. Jonny Smith (2 votes [0.32%])

Percentage of vote: 0.32%

4. Carl Johnson (129 votes [20.64%])

Percentage of vote: 20.64%

5. Tommy Vetterci (230 votes [36.80%])

Percentage of vote: 36.80%

6. Tony Cipriani (39 votes [6.24%])

Percentage of vote: 6.24%

7. Niko Bellic (103 votes [16.48%])

Percentage of vote: 16.48%

8. Johnny Klebitz (8 votes [1.28%])

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

9. Luis Fernando Lopez (8 votes [1.28%])

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

10. Mallorie Bardas-Bellic (4 votes [0.64%])

Percentage of vote: 0.64%

11. Claude (97 votes [15.52%])

Percentage of vote: 15.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:40 AM

Hey X-seti I have been looking around liberty with my new graphics card and I noticed oddly enough all the areas before I got the card that were black now have their textures back.

And no I didn't put the new version in I decided to wait till a stable version is up.

Just thought that u might want to put in u need a good graphics card to help with lag and textures in areas.

AndreiM
  • AndreiM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:48 AM

Hmm Brazzilian version costs about 300(brazzilians) which is worth about $5-12 American. So it costs the same price everywhere. It's not that expensive. Also try getting .exe from barf8bd.gif Vice city Multiplayer, it prett much works. icon14.gif

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:27 AM

hi guys, i downloaded the newest version but when it completed there only was a large file called GTA-Sol.47 so i had to put .rar behind it by myself. i downloaded with firefox.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:29 AM

dam i wish my disk wasnt broken right il go on ebay and get a new one lol anuj_cop.gif

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

XABLAU!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (AndreiM @ 2 2007 @ 23:48)
Hmm Brazzilian version costs about 300(brazzilians) which is worth about $5-12 American. So it costs the same price everywhere. It's not that expensive. Also try getting .exe from barf8bd.gif Vice city Multiplayer, it prett much works.  icon14.gif

Well, let's explain to you how is the price to ya:
VC is sold in US by US$15
It comes to Brazil by plane with the fee of about US$100
When it's cargo import, you gotta pay the fee at the airport (About R$50)
So you got US$115 + R$50. To calculate this, you gotta transform dollars into real(brazilian money). A Dollar is about 2 real. So you got R$230+R$50= R$280. And the shop owners always like to get some profit so they add at least R$20 to the price of the product. R$300

See?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Currently on break)

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:56 PM Edited by X-Seti, 03 January 2007 - 11:00 PM.

QUOTE (bammargera @ Jan 3 2007, 03:29)
dam i wish my disk wasnt broken right il go on ebay and get a new one lol anuj_cop.gif

cheaper on Play.com

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (markiij @ Jan 3 2007, 02:27)
hi guys, i downloaded the newest version but when it completed there only was a large file called GTA-Sol.47 so i had to put .rar behind it by myself. i downloaded with firefox.

Where did you download this from?

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:14 PM

thanks dude on order now icon14.gif

markiij
  • markiij

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:17 AM

first page. newest download:P. strange huh:P.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:59 PM Edited by X-Seti, 06 January 2007 - 01:03 PM.

Updates; (I have the darn FLU)

So hopefully in the next 3/4 days I am going to begin work on fixing the issues found in beta47.1 and beta 46.1.

I will be releasing 2 new versions 47.2 with SA and beta 46.2 without.

Those who have in game lag issues (Slow objects rendering) will notice this more on slower machines; due to the heavy amount of objects on some places of the game map.

New machines seem to run without problems, but there are ways to reduce the lag, just like I did when I first added LC 1 year ago.

It's about getting the balance right all over again, just like I did when I first put in LC, and this has taken me ages to get right, to where I now feel SA can now be added.

What I need from those who are downloading the mod is support;

Showing me bugs around the map, with a good screen shot resized down to 640x420
Offering Ideas for the map layout and anything else to get this mod done.

What I don't want, is just those posting comments like the mod does not work, because it's clear that others have got this mod working, and there is enough information on these SOL threads to assist in any problems anyone might run into.

If there is a problem, I would want more information about the problem, and anyone is welcome to lend a hand in helping out.

Update soon.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:59 AM

I have a bug.
user posted image
Only some of San Andreas loads. Some buildings and the ground do not load. I have restarted my game and I have waited for it to load, and no luck. You just fall through the map if you get any closer than you see in that screen shot.

joopykoopy
  • joopykoopy

Don't ask me for help! Much people does that!

• Members

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:50 AM

i have a problem with the 47.1v5 if i go to the west (i think) that is the bridge to sa. on the end of the brige is NO road here is an pick user posted image

if some1 can fix it plz place on this forum

and there don't drive anny cars in vc

greatz joopykoopy

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:07 AM

Nice..

I now really feel like i've floped on the SA release.

Ok, Wait for the next update.

markiij
  • markiij

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:23 PM

btw u have to turn your HUD of in the options screen.

IPCONFIG
  • IPCONFIG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:25 PM

sounds great!!!

hopefully, I will be able to bring my multiplayer server back online. the reason for taking it down was I was waiting for the vc-mp team to release a 2.0 version of lc-mp. mabye vc-mp0.3 can somehow work with it???

I will update my script for lc-mp on gta sol when a new (and hopefully much more stable) release is made

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:56 PM

GTA: SOL 46v5 is stable and the best your going to get.

It's going to take alot of time to get the lastest version 47.1 with SA stable, Remember how long it took me when I first added LC.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:58 PM Edited by X-Seti, 09 January 2007 - 12:07 AM.

QUOTE (joopykoopy @ Jan 7 2007, 00:50)
I have a problem with beta 47.1v5.

If I go west using the bridge to SA, On the end of the bridge their is NO road there, just pink emtpyness.
user posted image  

greatz joopykoopy

I understand what you mean, and I am working on it, also consider reading the dev thread for this mod, it is a beta mod after all.

I have made a mistake when I released this mod, and that is I missed alot of files, trying to release the mod before christmas.

I will be releasing a newer version soon.

Andy80586
  • Andy80586

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

I took a 3-week holiday but I am back now.

45MB is HELLA overkill but it will be fine for the first version with fixed water if you are working on it. I am trying to develop an algorithm that will read in map data or paths and auto-generate the waterpro.dat so that we can stop doing this the hard way. I will also have import/export of bitmaps like Steve's water editor, but my program will only support one water level for now (@Steve-M: I will send you the Borland C++ code for this as soon as I finish it - you should be able to derive the appropriate code for Delphi if you know any C++ at all, that way everything can be updated). I just need to figure out how to set the water table exactly where I want it by hacking it correctly, starting by finding a way to move the 4096x4096 table 1024 units north to keep the numbers simple since the task is hard enough to begin with (if you already know how to do this, by all means tell me as this will speed up the process significantly). The rest of the algorithms should then fall into place after some coding and testing.

I can also tell you why the 45MB file is overkill: let deltaX be the distance from the east boundary to the west boundary (same as north boundary to south boundary). The small waterpro.dat map is 64x64; the large has dimensions twice that (128x128). The constant header is 936 bytes I think (might be 938, don't have it in front of me right now). Let x be the dimensions of the small map (64 by default) and let L be the waterpro.dat size. We get the equation 936 + x^2 + (2x)^2 = L. If L is 4.5 x 10^7 bytes, x computes to 3000, deltaX computes to 192000, and no parts of the map go out that far. My algorithm will kill the one-size-fits-all philosophy once it gets finished: multiplying all original bounds by 10 gets a deltaX of 40000, translating to a 1.87MiB file.

See if you can put some file compression on it because people won't want to download 41.04MiB of bullsh*t when the download size is already large enough.

-Andy80586

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:24 AM

WB mate, and it's hella nice to see ya. (I like the math btw, It's very late here and I'm not going to start digging into stuff like that right now)

We need to talk about other ways to impliment the patch also, because their are some (somebodies) out there getting the 'wrong disk/insert vice city disk' request,
from the exe I have within the mod, this works for some, but now everyone.

Now because the UK version has been patched, this could be a problem if someone out there had an Australian/USA version?? (dunno, you tell me).

I have just got back myself from my winter break and I have the flu aswell, but I'm Back, and I'm hungry to get this bitch done and dusted.

Andy80586
  • Andy80586

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:28 AM Edited by Andy80586, 09 January 2007 - 08:34 AM.

I implemented code in the last version of the patch that makes the limit adjuster work for all versions of VC. I tested everything except paths (since I made paths after the tests) for AUS 1.0, GER 1.0 and 1.1, and US (I think US and UK versions are the same) 1.0 CD, 1.1 CD, 1.0 no-CD, and 1.1 no-CD. I can send you the code in C++ that processes the memory offsets for each version if you want.

EDIT: Trying to make water show up south of -2048 and not having a lot of luck. Have you been able to get anywhere on this?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:26 AM Edited by X-Seti, 09 January 2007 - 11:39 AM.

QUOTE (Andy80586 @ Jan 8 2007, 19:28)
I implemented code in the last version of the patch that makes the limit adjuster work for all versions of VC. I tested everything except paths (since I made paths after the tests) for AUS 1.0, GER 1.0 and 1.1, and US (I think US and UK versions are the same) 1.0 CD, 1.1 CD, 1.0 no-CD, and 1.1 no-CD. I can send you the code in C++ that processes the memory offsets for each version if you want.

EDIT: Trying to make water show up south of -2048 and not having a lot of luck. Have you been able to get anywhere on this?

Yep I'd like to see the code, also could you send me the no-cd versions, because the one I tried to patch here, isn't working.

I've been 100% on mapping, this week I want to get SA in and donzo; following weeks i'll be sending time on optimizing the maps so we can speed the engine up.

Trying to make water show up south of -2048 and not having a lot of luck. Have you been able to get anywhere on this?

I have been pondering on why the water stops short south of the map;

The water image effect is made of 256x256 tile textures, (Waterclear256) found in the partices.txd

My first guess would be; what if I made a 1024x1024 bitmap to replace the 256x256 one and we was able to offset the grid, so the new texture size would not overlap.

This might fix the problem temp.

IPCONFIG
  • IPCONFIG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

well, Using version 46.1, I have decided to start development on three new lc-mp scripts. I shall have a 20 player server running very soon after I have completed my first script.

script #1: vice city vs liberty city. (this game mode shall include police boats, attack helicopters, and humvees for each team. as well as 4 spawns for each team which will have varied weapons based on their specality)

script #2: attack of the military base (this mode will be where 1 team defends the military base with miniguns, while the other attacks with hunter helicopters)

script #3: codenamed Dark Choclate (this script will be very similar to vanilla except alot of the car spawns and player spawns will be moved over to liberty city)

if anyone has anymore ideas, or can do some more advanced scripting, please say so immediately as i could sure use the help.

(and yes, i know I have already created script one, but i accidently deleted it and will have to redo it from scratch)

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (IPCONFIG @ Jan 9 2007, 12:55)
well, Using version 46.1, I have decided to start development on three new lc-mp scripts. I shall have a 20 player server running very soon after I have completed my first script.

script #1: vice city vs liberty city. (this game mode shall include police boats, attack helicopters, and humvees for each team. as well as 4 spawns for each team which will have varied weapons based on their specality)

script #2: attack of the military base (this mode will be where 1 team defends the military base with miniguns, while the other attacks with hunter helicopters)

script #3: codenamed Dark Choclate (this script will be very similar to vanilla except alot of the car spawns and player spawns will be moved over to liberty city)

if anyone has anymore ideas, or can do some more advanced scripting, please say so immediately as i could sure use the help.

(and yes, i know I have already created script one, but i accidently deleted it and will have to redo it from scratch)

I'm going to re-release 46.1, with some bug fixes.. this in hand will become 46.2.

This will be the last version, so I can move onto 47.2, with SA.

Andy80586
  • Andy80586

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Jan 9 2007, 04:26)

Yep I'd like to see the code, also could you send me the no-cd versions, because the one I tried to patch here, isn't working.

I've been 100% on mapping, this week I want to get SA in and donzo; following weeks i'll be sending time on optimizing the maps so we can speed the engine up.

Trying to make water show up south of -2048 and not having a lot of luck. Have you been able to get anywhere on this?

I have been pondering on why the water stops short south of the map;

The water image effect is made of 256x256 tile textures, (Waterclear256) found in the partices.txd

My first guess would be; what if I made a 1024x1024 bitmap to replace the 256x256 one and we was able to offset the grid, so the new texture size would not overlap.

This might fix the problem temp.

It could work... but I don't think it will affect the start point of the water rendering. It has to be there somewhere..

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:31 PM Edited by X-Seti, 12 January 2007 - 05:54 PM.

New version almost ready for release. 47.2v5 stable.

You know where to find it; go download smile.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edit;

I've been looking at the mod during its night phase, and I need help in getting the 2dfx objects working right.

This is something I don't know a lot about, so this is an area open to anyone who can help, I need someone who is good at converting SA 2dfx to VC or is able to re-create the 2dfx objects for SOL.

user posted imageuser posted image

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:33 PM Edited by X-Seti, 12 January 2007 - 10:05 PM.

In the next 2 hours there will be a new stable update to replace version 47.1; beta 47.2 stable.

This version only includes LC, VC, MLL and Vegas, the rest of the map can be done in stages, as the last release was more of a flop because I tried to do to much in one go.

Edit;

I've been looking at the mod during its night phase, and I need help in getting the 2dfx objects working right.

This is something I don't know a lot about, so this is an area open to anyone who can help, I need someone who is good at converting SA 2dfx to VC or is able to re-create the 2dfx objects for SOL.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Jan 12 2007, 09:31)
New version almost ready for release. 47.2v5 stable.

Edit;

Uhhh....I don't see the download on Mod DB. Am I missing something?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:57 PM

It does take time; they also test the mod before its released.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Jan 12 2007, 16:57)
It does take time; they also test the mod before its released.

When you said "You know where to find it; go download" I thought you meant it was released.

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:54 AM

How long does it usually take for an admin to approve the file?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users