• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3,262 replies to this topic
Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:09 AM

I think those are just in another .IPL. smile.gif

Your way of doing the COL's is way too complicated, you can do that directly with Max. Open COLL I/O, put the DFF's name above the 'Export' button. Click 'Collision Mesh' then the model. Then click 'Export'. I think that'll save you time but I might be wrong. smile.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:22 AM Edited by Mc-Kay, 10 June 2006 - 09:17 AM.

QUOTE (teun.steenbekkers @ Jun 10 2006, 00:09)
I think those are just in another .IPL. smile.gif

Your way of doing the COL's is way too complicated, you can do that directly with Max. Open COLL I/O, put the DFF's name above the 'Export' button. Click 'Collision Mesh' then the model. Then click 'Export'. I think that'll save you time but I might be wrong. smile.gif

PlatinumSerb is doing this the best way, because you dont wont to end up with high poly Cols.

I've started doing all the generic objects, some of these have to be sorted with existing models, I also need to play around with assigned IDs and existing file names.

PlatinumSerb, I got your PM, I need to send you what you need over MSN.

The methods;

It takes me 45 seconds to convert each model, using 3dsMax, but I think there is a problem with some models when you import them as SA and export them as VC, some important data is being lost somehow, Steve M's RWA proggie - I still get the unknown chunk of data.

So onto converting files.

Heads up Chris, 007RR and Mickey.

Before I start converting files, I make some folders on the desktop.

A folder where I unpacked the SA files. (I'll called this generic), 3 other folders called New_Generic, A Collision files folder called Generic_Cols and somewhere for the TXds.
user posted image

Step 1, Open up Kam's control panel for importing DFFs and select SA mode.
user posted image

Step 2, Load in the DFF model using the Import button from the DFF IO panel, next click on the model in the Prespecive window (Fig 1.) and copy the model name pressing [Ctrl + C] to copy the file name of the model (Fig 2.)

Step 3. Paste the name of the model in to the COL IO window (Fig 3.) and select either COLL or COL2 options (Fig 4.)
user posted image

Step 4, Press the Collision Mash button in the COL IO window (Fig 5.), and select the center of the model in the 3dsmax perspective window, You will noitce that the Collision Mash button will change to the name of the model.
user posted image

Allowing you to Export a solid COL under the same name anotherbuild091.col, but you do not have to select the Collision Mash for LOD dffs, just copy the DFF name (anotherbuild091) to the COL window and Export the DFF.
user posted image

Step 5, Select VC on the DFF window (Fig 7.), and Export the DFF (Fig 8.) as anotherbuild091.dff and copy that to your new Generic_Models folder.
user posted image

-----------------

When you move onto the next model on the file list, you can drag and drop the model you worked on before from the Open requester (anotherbuild091.dff) into the new generic folder on your desktop.

Then continue to load the next DFF model, I'd say after you have done this several times, you will beable to speed up alittle.

mickeygta
  • mickeygta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:28 AM

I've finished VegasS.
At least, the converting part.
Do I have to put it ingame aswell?

@Mc-kay:
You're right.
I think your way is the fastest way to do it. wink.gif
I use this way aswell.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:09 PM

@Keith, the way you demonstrated it was what I meant. smile.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:54 PM Edited by Mc-Kay, 10 June 2006 - 03:57 PM.

QUOTE (mickeygta @ Jun 10 2006, 04:28)
I've finished VegasS.
At least, the converting part.
Do I have to put it ingame aswell? 

@Mc-kay:
You're right.
I think your way is the fastest way to do it. wink.gif
I use this way aswell.

Can you take VagaSS, VagesE, other relating files for Vagas.

You seem to be doing well, But no I need to work the ID's to get them in the game. So PM me and I'll give you a link to upload.

I also need to do alot of IPL editing, So we can have taffic lights, Lamp Posts, Fire hydrants, (all the generic objects). So once I get the work load back..

Thats what im going to be doing so the files work in the game.

gnrrocks
  • gnrrocks

member of GTAA

• Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:17 PM

one last question, how do i convert the .txd's to vc format?

Sweet J Lou
  • Sweet J Lou

Say hello to my little friend!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:49 AM

rah.gif WOW, The best mod ever especially since now we will have LC, VC, SA and everything.

I have problems. I need the IMG File(s) for this mod but I dont know where to get them and I have no time to download those big files on GTA Garage cryani.gif so can you please post a link to the IMG File(s) only..... sad.gif

Thank you and I already have the map files and I desperately need the IMG file(s).

gnrrocks
  • gnrrocks

member of GTAA

• Members

Posted 11 June 2006 - 06:29 AM

the .img is pretty much the whole mod. its where everything is stored, and it is the biggest file in the game. might as well download the whole thing, wont take that much longer. and this is development and stuff like that, questions about the beta have their own thread.

Sweet J Lou
  • Sweet J Lou

Say hello to my little friend!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:47 AM

Hey I downloaded some of the parts and this is what it said! I hate this, I am going to commit suicide!!!!

When I downloaded the files and I extracted them then the program said this with part 4:

EXTRACTNOW 3.56

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archive: part 4.rar

Destination: c:\new mods\vice city\part 4\

06/11/0609:15:13AM CRC OK

06/11/0609:15:13AM Processed GTA-SOLPubBeta44v5\models\gta3.img

06/11/0609:15:13AM Created GTA-SOLPubBeta44v5\models\

06/11/0609:15:13AM Error: Archive header broken

It said this with Part 4 and it said this with part 2:

EXTRACTNOW 3.56

Archive: state of liberty part 2 .rar

Destination: c:\new mods\vice city\state of liberty part 2\

06/11/0610:41:57AM Error: Cannot find archive - state of liberty part 3 .rar

06/11/0610:41:57AM Error: Cannot find archive - state of liberty part 3 .rar

06/11/0610:41:57AM Error: Volume open error

06/11/0610:41:57AM Error: Unknown error!

and I need help cause when I started to see this I decided to give up on Part 3 cause I have to wait 8 hours for a download but the wierd thing is that it said nothing like that with Part 1 and the readme.

Please help me cause I really love this mod and I think its the best one ever.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 11 June 2006 - 11:12 AM Edited by Mc-Kay, 11 June 2006 - 11:19 AM.

Aye-eyeee why!

Don't you read the readme file?

Because there is so many files in this mod, the gta3.img being the biggest file (778 Megs) is stored in most of the rar parts.

To successfully get all the files you need, Plus the exe patch needed to run the mod, you need to get all the parts.

There is no other way.

l3mmy
  • l3mmy

Administrator of my own world.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:42 PM

i believe this is the state of liberty mod for gta vc.....about that no cd thing.......i cracked vc with my crack file and insered play disc (needed to play anyway no matter wat)i think and this mod worked.....with a no cd patch?or crack

[email protected] <<is me

wiredwizardz
  • wiredwizardz

New Wave Master

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:07 AM

Hey guys just figured I would let you all know what is up. I guess I can't sum it up in just a few
choice words here since they are censored so if you want the info hit my site. It will give you
the info you need. So This goes out mainly to Teun and McKay M8's I miss you take care of yourselves.

FBHP Just follow the link.

Wiz

FrostPDP
  • FrostPDP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:23 AM Edited by FrostPDP, 13 June 2006 - 04:33 AM.

Wow. First, let me say I'm amazed at what I've seen so far. Second, let me state that there is no way I can easily read 100 pages of dialogue.

I'm going to ask a few questions, hopefully you guys will be awesome and answer them.

1: For the final project, will it remain on the VC engine?

2: Will it include skydiving and/or swimming, even in stripped-down versions? Swimming made the game for me, and skydiving was cool (Though I more often than not splatted myself).

3: Instead of simply splicing things together, why not custom-create something...? If that isn't already being done for this project? A new city.

4: Voices helped make GTA III(+VC, +SA) awesome. Will you be doing voice-acting, and will you need any? Another thing I've always wanted to dabble in.

5: A more basic question, instead of simply replacing vehicles is there any way to add them?

6: Another basic question. Can police have more than one model, both for their cars and ped? I'm pretty darn sure the answer is "YES!" and that would be pretty cool.

7: For multiplayer, if you'll be including gangs, that would make for an interesting (if bandwidth-heavy) experience: Players leading squadrons of thugs into combat. Possibly even teams of players. Imagine, oh yes imagine, the firefights!

8: I'm not much of a modder - Yet, anyway, though I'm interested in learning - but I am a semi-professional writer (www.talesofemor.com, as well as a bunch of articles for www.redefinemag.com) and I'm more than interested in helping with a storyline. If you'd like, I'll write a short peice of fiction to help convey the point. Basically, I'll help out any way I can.

Anyhow thanks for the time! *Bows!*

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:54 AM

Damn, Chris, that sucks. I hope you'll feel better soon, mate. smile.gif

FrostPDP
  • FrostPDP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:56 AM Edited by FrostPDP, 13 June 2006 - 06:58 AM.

I believe this is where I report bugs, sooo...

I noticed I wasn't, well, hearing anything. I clicked "Audio options" and got an Exception error + Game crash. I'm guessing sound just isn't put in yet, but who knows!

[edit] Belay that, suddenly sound works when I re-opened the game. Very odd.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (FrostPDP @ Jun 12 2006, 23:56)
I believe this is where I report bugs, sooo...

I noticed I wasn't, well, hearing anything. I clicked "Audio options" and got an Exception error + Game crash. I'm guessing sound just isn't put in yet, but who knows!

[edit] Belay that, suddenly sound works when I re-opened the game. Very odd.

That is a weird one, we are still using the old version of the patch, this bug I take it is from beta44v5?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:44 PM

Chris I hope you can pull through, Look at me with the issues I have, but it's about being strong and thinking whatever and move on!, keep on trucking as people say to me, I've have to be this way for myself or I would never got nothing done.

I'll be on msn at some point today so you can talk to me.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:45 PM Edited by Mc-Kay, 13 June 2006 - 01:05 PM.

QUOTE (FrostPDP @ Jun 12 2006, 21:23)
Wow.  First, let me say I'm amazed at what I've seen so far.  Second, let me state that there is no way I can easily read 100 pages of dialogue.

I'm going to ask a few questions, hopefully you guys will be awesome and answer them.

1:  For the final project, will it remain on the VC engine?

Nop, we hope to have a SA version aswell.

2:  Will it include skydiving and/or swimming, even in stripped-down versions?  Swimming made the game for me, and skydiving was cool (Though I more often than not splatted myself).

SA version now seems to hold more promiss for what can be done, but we will have two version in the end.

I do have some members offering to help me convert SA into the game, the maps will be the same layout as the SA version.

3:  Instead of simply splicing things together, why not custom-create something...?  If that isn't already being done for this project?  A new city.

Time I have to mod and lack of team members doesnt help, but I can create from scratch (this takes along time) and originally I was only going to have VC, LC and SA.

Mainland liberty is the 3rd island west of LC (above VC), How you see this island now in beta version doesnt mean your going to see this in the final version, right now that location is a shell for models to be made and make it a better place.

4:  Voices helped make GTA III(+VC, +SA) awesome.  Will you be doing voice-acting, and will you need any?  Another thing I've always wanted to dabble in.

Yes somewhere down the line I will need people, but for now I want to get all the mapping and coding done.

5:  A more basic question, instead of simply replacing vehicles is there any way to add them?

I decided that I wanted to get all the SA vehicles in.

6:  Another basic question. Can police have more than one model, both for their cars and ped?  I'm pretty darn sure the answer is "YES!" and that would be pretty cool.

Yes, but these would be added as other gang members, like those guys at the VC army base.

7:  For multiplayer, if you'll be including gangs, that would make for an interesting (if bandwidth-heavy) experience:  Players leading squadrons of thugs into combat.  Possibly even teams of players.  Imagine, oh yes imagine, the firefights!

I want to do a lot here, Multiplayer with Ai's and other online related missions.

8:  I'm not much of a modder - Yet, anyway, though I'm interested in learning - but I am a semi-professional writer (www.talesofemor.com, as well as a bunch of articles for www.redefinemag.com) and I'm more than interested in helping with a storyline.  If you'd like, I'll write a short peice of fiction to help convey the point.  Basically, I'll help out any way I can.

This is the place to learn as there is alot of information on these forums to get you going.

l3mmy
  • l3mmy

Administrator of my own world.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:43 PM

Hello......i am l3mmy......the future of island mods and coding.... biggrin.gif anyway ...about your no cd patch thing that is causein problems....i used a no cd patch after installing the mod (unfinished) and it worked cd free.....so i must ave done sommat and ill tell u if i remember or find out.....

this is me>>>>> [email protected] <<<<<msn messenger...add me
for coding like carspawns and weapons spawns and items spawns and to make u reappear at libety hospitals if u die....lol biggrin.gif rahkstar2.gif

cool.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (l3mmy @ Jun 13 2006, 06:43)
Hello......i am l3mmy......the future of island mods and coding.... biggrin.gif   anyway ...about your no cd patch thing that is causein problems....i used a no cd patch after installing the mod (unfinished) and it worked cd free.....so i must ave done sommat and ill tell u if i remember or find out.....

this is me>>>>> [email protected]  <<<<<msn messenger...add me
for coding like carspawns and weapons spawns and items spawns and to make u reappear at libety hospitals if u die....lol biggrin.gif rahkstar2.gif

cool.gif

It was designed for a higher ID's and it should not work other then on SOL, alot of stuff was removed because we need to be able to load in the game files faster, so its best anything was on the HD.

We are replacing that exe anyhow, because there is some issues with it.

FrostPDP
  • FrostPDP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:32 PM

Its from whatever download was available at GTAGarage. 44v5 Public Beta, its listed as.

Other things I've run into: Once while in a gun battle with a bunch of police, it crashed my computer. I figured this was because of the warning not to collide with police cars - But a later police chase resulted in my car being banged, bruised, and beaten up with me in and out of it, and no problems occurred.

The only other thing is that the base where you start out doesn't have a radar tileset, or whatever you call it, that displays roads, etc. And of course, the map just show VC when obviously there is more.

gnrrocks
  • gnrrocks

member of GTAA

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:34 PM

the radar is one of the smallest details in the game, and is never done until the mod is completed. there are a few reasons for this, but the main one is because there might be changes in the map layout as the mod progresses, and if that happens it would require a new radar every single time, which would be very anoying to do, so it is done at the end when no more changes are to be done.

gnrrocks
  • gnrrocks

member of GTAA

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:46 PM

chris, i hope you snap out of it man. take as long as you need off, and get some sence back into everything. see you later, or on msn if you feel like computer again, which you probably dont, so you probably wont even see this, ohh well might as well keep it now that its up here haha. but seriously, good luck with it, take youreself a trip somewhere, go to the beach relax, have fun.

keith, ive only found time to convert about 6 objects from LAs, major ones so its a pretty big part of it, but still not much since i have to convert about 200. Ive been rather busy lately because next week is FINALS weeks, and you konw what that means, this week is study up the ***. ill be back by thursday converting most likely.

good luck all.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:14 AM

Ok mate np, I'm finding it hard myself given lack time.

Today I have some time to get stuck in. smile.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:18 AM

Other problem with the rader.. Its 64 squares by default.

The Rader is hard coded, So we will need 256 or 1024 Squares, not as easy ahh!

gnrrocks
  • gnrrocks

member of GTAA

• Members

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:48 PM

is it not possible to just put more on a single square? or is it restricted to a certain resolution?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (gnrrocks @ Jun 14 2006, 14:48)
is it not possible to just put more on a single square? or is it restricted to a certain resolution?

The 64 Square grid is static, you cant move it, you can only change the txd's assigned to this grid. The problem is how to build onto this grid.

gnrrocks
  • gnrrocks

member of GTAA

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:57 PM

we'd have to figure this out. im not much of a coder so i have no idea. but worst comes worst, we dont really need a map. i mean itd be pretty cool and all, but its not essential.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:28 PM

Damn, Chris... sad.gif Promise me you'll hang in there, mate. nervous.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:56 AM

Last time I spoke to Chris the other day, He seems to be doing ok, we had a laugh on GTANet.

As for the mod, i've found a faster way to get SA into SOL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users