GTA Lib & Vice City Project:

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3,262 replies to this topic
gnrrocks
  • gnrrocks

member of GTAA

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:01 PM

well i wouldnt call that great modeling, but it sertainly is good enough. if you want some critique, the houses are WAYY out of proportion. the doors are the same sizes as the windows and the steps are giants compared to the door, but those are minor errors done from doing something too fast and overlooking the most common of things. and you did say you did them in an hour...

Baztiaan.gta
  • Baztiaan.gta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:30 AM

read my topic above, the house sucks i knwo i dont understand why 007RR show that pic

007 RoadRunner
  • 007 RoadRunner

ЯR

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:11 AM

Maybe cus those were the first i found

Pat1982
  • Pat1982

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:06 AM

Just wanted to let you know I made a layout for SOL, don't know if you've seen it yet wink.gif

http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=3709860

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:43 AM

I've hand a good look at that, its an interesting map for sure.

When I get the band back together, who knows.

user posted image

I've hit the new col limit, So there needs to be more EXE hacking before we can move on.

poopskin
  • poopskin

Yardie | Not a Clever Man

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:26 PM

sol is out?!? i need to find my vc play disk!

Baztiaan.gta
  • Baztiaan.gta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:28 PM

Yep, you right, but Mckay, For more info just add me on the MSN messenger cool.gif

007 RoadRunner
  • 007 RoadRunner

ЯR

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:33 PM

But what do you wanna do in the mod?
Converting SA or Modding?

poopskin
  • poopskin

Yardie | Not a Clever Man

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:29 PM

would it be possible to ask to use other people's (good) mods for sa, III/LCS and vc mods in sol/lvc?

Baztiaan.gta
  • Baztiaan.gta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:28 PM

@ 007RR: i want both of the 2 smile.gif

gnrrocks
  • gnrrocks

member of GTAA

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:48 PM

how much of SA have you managed to put in for now? and have you gotten it to work in game?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:43 AM Edited by Mc-Kay, 07 June 2006 - 02:01 AM.

QUOTE (Mc-Kay @ Jun 2 2006, 09:46)
SA Tommy here we come.

user posted image

There has been another update SOLpub-beta 44v5.

This should be on GTAG soon, this version has all the bug fixes notated from the feedback thread, but don't expect anything new just yet, other then the files being cleaned up alittle.

This update paths the way to updates being created for adding SA.

Baztiaan.gta
  • Baztiaan.gta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:48 PM

comom mckay answer my question can i help you @ mod or not smile.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:24 PM

Nop, I dont want you on the main team, but you can help 007roadrunner with his own project, I cant offically have you on the SOL team.

Baztiaan.gta
  • Baztiaan.gta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:28 PM

ok i will help 007RR, but what is exactly the reason dozingoff.gif

007 RoadRunner
  • 007 RoadRunner

ЯR

• Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:37 PM Edited by 007 RoadRunner, 07 June 2006 - 08:42 PM.

I have someone for you from gtaforum.nl. Mickey(www.mickeygta.tk). This is his site. I know it's dutch but you just go to mods, download the mods you want, see what you think of it and if you like it ask him for the team.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:45 PM

The Banshee I could do in 5 minutes, and the other mod I can't download but I saw the topic on GTAF.nl, seems nice. smile.gif But it's not that special really. confused.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:18 PM Edited by Mc-Kay, 08 June 2006 - 02:31 PM.

Right I'm thinking about handing out the work load;

user posted image

I am going to offer a link, The files that need to be converted (Displayed above), these files have been sorted to their IDE files belonging to a map area of SA.

The way I would like this to be worked is a member pick a file, and tell everyone else what he/his is working on, so I know what is being worked on and can arrange the remaining files to get done.

johnnyg
  • johnnyg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:52 PM

Hi fellas

I just wanna say that u guys (McKay, Teun.Steenbekkers, RoadRunner007 etc..) are doing a great job. I just cant get over the fact that u have merged Liberty with Vice and added extra parts to it. Bloody amazing i must say. But the best part is that u are all working on putting San Andreas into the mix aswell.

Since the first time i played Liberty City (gta3), it was on my playstation 2 which i have since sold to make way for the PC. Then when Vice City came along i bought it for PC and was so impressed by the amount of addon mods i could get for it. But then i heard about the mod that converted Vice City to Liberty. Again i was impressed, and i was also thinking that i had made the right decision changing from PS2 to a PC, because of these mods which PS2 fans dont have.

So when San Andreas came along with a new game engine and a massive map, there was alot of talk about a mod called GTA LVS which claimed they would put all three of the GTA Cities in one game. WOOOHOOO i said at the time. But to be honest i quickly lost interest in it because everytime i looked at GTA LVSs progress they seemed like they where going nowhere. And eventlually they got nowhere at all and give up.

But then, a year or so after San Andreas was released a couple of nephews and nieces ask me to re-install SA for them and also ask me to put a couple of mods in it too. So when i went looking for these mods i came back to these forums and found this thread, all 115 pages. So i started reading and quickly realized what was going on here. Im staggered at the progress u guys have made. Hope that you's can do it. It looks to me like you are nearly there.

In my opinion, This mod is the DADDY of GTA mods (3 games in 1)

Cheers

mickeygta
  • mickeygta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:43 PM Edited by mickeygta, 08 June 2006 - 05:57 PM.

Hi,
About converting, I'm going to start with VegasS.
I'll be back when I'm done.

EDIT: BTW, do I have to do the coll aswell?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (mickeygta @ Jun 8 2006, 10:43)
Hi,
About converting, I'm going to start with VegasS.
I'll be back when I'm done.

EDIT: BTW, do I have to do the coll aswell?

Yep if your using 3dsMax you can create the COL file (COLL or COL2), but save all your COLs in there own folder.

wiredwizardz
  • wiredwizardz

New Wave Master

• Members

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:46 PM

Hey guys, guess I am going to throw my hat into the mix and start converting the smaller town over and the country side. Just and FYI for yaz smile.gif

PlatinumSerb
  • PlatinumSerb

• Members

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:36 AM

I'll have a go at "countryW". I just finished the .txds and got one of the .dffs(c*ntwcridge.dff) converted, but it turns out the object is not used by the .ipl. mercie_blink.gif Here is a pic of it in KED:

user posted image

I'll work on getting more done tomorrow night(last day of school - last finals). Oh, and if anyone wants the ferries wheel from Los Santos I already have it converted and working in game for a little project I planed to do, but never did.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:18 AM Edited by Mc-Kay, 09 June 2006 - 10:55 AM.

QUOTE (PlatinumSerb @ Jun 8 2006, 22:36)
I'll have a go at "countryW". I just finished the .txds and got one of the .dffs(c*ntwcridge.dff) converted, but it turns out the object is not used by the .ipl.  mercie_blink.gif   Here is a pic of it in KED:

user posted image

I'll work on getting more done tomorrow night(last day of school - last finals). Oh, and if anyone wants the ferries wheel from Los Santos I already have it converted and working in game for a little project I planed to do, but never did.

There is alot of objects unused in SA, but if we convert all the files, we can make use of them all. smile.gif

Edit- Thinking about the unused objects, we could make a list of them with their ID..

Theses would be free ID's for SA modding.

Edit- I'm going to start on converting the Generic objects. (not all because some are used within VC)

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

CEO DeathSquad Industries

• Members

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:18 PM

@McKay: Sorry I didn't reply when you were asking about ways to convert SA models into VC, mainly cause I had no quick solution. I gotta reread the last several pages again but I think you guys are doing it the only way I could suggest, by hand, which of course is insane, but if you put your mind to it, it can be done. Wish I could help... suicidal.gif

So where is SA being located in comparison with LC and VC? Something to chew on while I work, once SA is settled then I can plan out an interstate system or at least a highway system, large loop around all three cities, then a set of highways and or tunnels connecting it all up, and with my current system.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (DeathSquad @ Jun 9 2006, 14:18)
@McKay: Sorry I didn't reply when you were asking about ways to convert SA models into VC, mainly cause I had no quick solution. I gotta reread the last several pages again but I think you guys are doing it the only way I could suggest, by hand, which of course is insane, but if you put your mind to it, it can be done. Wish I could help... suicidal.gif

So where is SA being located in comparison with LC and VC? Something to chew on while I work, once SA is settled then I can plan out an interstate system or at least a highway system, large loop around all three cities, then a set of highways and or tunnels connecting it all up, and with my current system.

SA is being moved just 8000 units west of its current location.

Does that help?

gnrrocks
  • gnrrocks

member of GTAA

• Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:39 AM Edited by gnrrocks, 10 June 2006 - 08:52 PM.

are we just making a huge archive with all the models and than someone else will add them in, or are we actually all adding it in game and then we combine them all?

i had started the LAs, i guess ill continue that.

here is the first building i converted in med.
http://img143.images...=aiport11mq.jpg

PlatinumSerb
  • PlatinumSerb

• Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:50 AM

Im just adding mine into a clean copy of VC(stripped), then I'll send it over to McKay to add it to SOL. Anyway...I think about 50-100 or even more of the .dffs in "countryw" are unused by the .ipl. confused.gif I'll post pics in a bit, if i get the .dffs(mostly roads) i just finished converting into the game(about 10)..still need to do the cols which should take about 5-10 mins...

gnrrocks
  • gnrrocks

member of GTAA

• Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:56 AM

wow how do you do it that fast? what are youre methods?

PlatinumSerb
  • PlatinumSerb

• Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:11 AM

I only get about 5 done in 30 mins(I only work around this time). First I converted all the .txds which was easy, then I use 3dmax to import and then export each .dff into VC format. From these .dffs I create .cols, by importing them into ZModeler and then exporting them into .x files.... suicidal.gif

Back to my task... It seems that 90% of the .ipl are LODS. Should they be lods? where are the "normal" models placed? notify.gif Heres a pic ingame I promised. it was the only one worth posting, the other models (that I converted) are just road lods. cryani.gif

user posted image

user posted image

sorry about the quality of the screens...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users