GTA Lib & Vice City Project:

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3,262 replies to this topic
Delorean88us
  • Delorean88us

Dead

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:38 AM

how's this for selecting where to spawn?
You have 8 places spawn, and it's at the police station at each of these places. They are Las Venturas, San Fierro, Los Santos East Vice City, West Vice City, Staunton Island, and Portland.
user posted image

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:09 AM Edited by flatface, 30 March 2008 - 11:35 AM.

if you want pics of where you wana spawn tell me, i'll do somethin

also, another reason to stay away from SA, GTA United is all maps in SA so.. thats that lol tounge.gif

Huzaifah
  • Huzaifah

the-method-man

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

Well i will try to find some guys who can hack the vc engine to the max and i was wondering were are the tunnels gone from this game!!!! icon14.gif

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (flatface @ Mar 30 2008, 04:09)

also, another reason to stay away from SA, GTA United is all maps in SA so.. thats that lol tounge.gif

Yeah... Wasn't it said that they don't have permission from R* to do their mod?

persia12
  • persia12

OG

• Members

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (trains @ Mar 31 2008, 15:26)

Actually it was this mod that said they didnt have permission. Because it is illegal to do it without R* permission. So gtaunited is basically saying "F" the rules, and going ahead making it. So thats that.

Honestly its not a problem to me because ive been waiting to play gta with all three, and so far they are making nice progress. Plus i don't own vice city 4 pc to play this one.

But im still rooting for SOL to get ported to SA because i feel that more hard work has gone into this mod, and id hate to see that work not pay off. So again, good luck with getting Rockstar's permission...and keep up the gud work!!!!! cookie.gif icon14.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:31 PM Edited by X-Seti, 31 March 2008 - 11:42 PM.

Working on the beach front to the north end of MLL.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

This is going to take ages to get right.

What would you like to see in this mod?

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:37 AM

skateparks and boards tounge.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

ok, Do you model mate?. maybe you can help me add those biggrin.gif

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:58 AM

sure do lol, im making a park for pedrising atm lol, talk on msn later

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

MLL beach is almost done;

I am planing to add a lot of other play areas, like a skate park.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

If I want to get anything done, I tend of stay off Msn, otherwise I'll be talking all day.

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Apr 1 2008, 17:59)
MLL beach is almost done;

I am planing to add a lot of other play areas, like a skate park.

really?, what gave you such a crazy idea?

Amunication
  • Amunication

Packles!!

• Members

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:01 AM

I want to see some actual video of this thing.

d1337r
  • d1337r

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:18 AM

It SHOULD BE ported to San Andreas, because San Andreas is much more 'tolerant' to some errors.

sagSanchis
  • sagSanchis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:40 AM

Fantastic mod. I have a few questions.
1. I know, there is a problem creating car-traffic and peds outside coordinates (-3000, 3000). Will that problem be fixed?
2. Cities... they are too close. It would be much interesting to drive, for example, from Los Santos to Vice City through countries and takes about 2-3 minutes by car.

Sorry for my bad english.

markmartir
  • markmartir

Textures and converter artist

• Members

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (persia12 @ Mar 31 2008, 20:55)

Actually it was this mod that said they didnt have permission. Because it is illegal to do it without R* permission. So gtaunited is basically saying "F" the rules, and going ahead making it. So thats that.

Honestly its not a problem to me because ive been waiting to play gta with all three, and so far they are making nice progress. Plus i don't own vice city 4 pc to play this one.

But im still rooting for SOL to get ported to SA because i feel that more hard work has gone into this mod, and id hate to see that work not pay off. So again, good luck with getting Rockstar's permission...and keep up the gud work!!!!! cookie.gif icon14.gif

All mods are legal except illegal software.

Delorean88us
  • Delorean88us

Dead

• Members

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (markmartir @ Apr 2 2008, 10:53)

not unless the mod is using work of others without permission to do so.

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:54 AM

it's not just a matter of getting permission because he also preffers vc, i think... i know i do

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:54 AM

I have set some polls up on the GTASOL forum, please go and smite or applaud them.

www.gtastateofliberty.com -> forum -> feedback or link
http://www.ukscifi.n....php?board=14.0

Rawra
  • Rawra

Daedric Prince of Madness

• Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

Wow X-seti, that is all I can say..
This mod is great, I checked the site/first post yesterday and saw all the things you wish to add into SOL such as Multiplayer and SA features. I can download this, first i'll have to find my VC disk. But regarding install, you said you need VC, SA and LC(??) as in the LC mod or gta3? I have them all...somewhere >.<

But anyway, nice work and progres,, saw the trailer as well. icon14.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

user posted image

Name the bridge, what can we call it?

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Apr 3 2008, 21:08)
user posted image

Name the bridge, what can we call it?

Liberty Bridge

State Bridge

Crossing Bridge

Seashore Bridge

Continental Bridge

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

Freedom Bridge (like SOL which gives you a freedom...)

persia12
  • persia12

OG

• Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

How Bout.......

UNION Bridge

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (markmartir @ Apr 2 2008, 15:53)

And stuff ported from other games without their creators' permission.

The rules clearly say that no mods converted from games other than R*-developed ones may be released.
R* is fine with everything.
Thus, it's not illegal.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:07 AM Edited by X-Seti, 04 April 2008 - 07:39 AM.

The rules clearly say that no mods converted from games other than R*-developed ones may be released.

OK, what rules?

R* is fine with everything, Thus, it's not illegal.

I don't think you can speak for R* and I do not know you to take that statement as fact, Games released by R* are a single entity only, Ie, GTAIII, GTA LCS, GTS VCS, GTAIV and GTASA, everything converted between then you still need permission from the copyright owner(s).

It is the right legal thing to do with any Software Company or Studio that holds copyrighted content that is clearly not yours, R* in my case 3 years ago did give me permission to go ahead, however they did set some rules down for me to stick too, That I do not profit from this project.

I've been a Modder/Coder/Dev for a long time, and it helps to stick to some simple rules when It comes to using other content that is not yours.

If you make a mod based on another game/whatever then you get permission first.

Then you write to a company to get permission, *Ie, You would like to use a soundtrack, something based on TV Show (SG-1) or Movie (BTTF), Computer game (MGS) or book (Harry Potter).

You have to ask the company that you would like to do something based on the above*.

The company in question in most cases will reply, but does not have too and you have not rights at all, because they are the copyright owners.

If you get NO reply then it is lightly no, so you move on and do something new as I had to with one modding idea.

I wanted to do something based on SG-Atlantis, but MGM did not reply, apart from the generic auto mailer saying someone will get back to me within 24 hours, so that was the end of that idea.

Also moving to SA, I got no reply from R*, so for now that's not going to happen either, so I move on..

However if they do, then you may get an email or letter saying they give you consent to start your project, and the letter outlining some rules you have to stick too.

Some companies do not care, as long as you ask first, it's good public relations for them and can be for you in the end.

markmartir
  • markmartir

Textures and converter artist

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:35 AM

Do this mod still has crashes?

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:27 AM

alot less, the engine is much more stable to my understanding, alot of things still need to be worked out but its basicly now just a matter of getting the map in order again

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:06 PM Edited by X-Seti, 05 April 2008 - 02:16 PM.

QUOTE (d1337r @ Apr 2 2008, 10:18)
It SHOULD BE ported to San Andreas, because San Andreas is much more 'tolerant' to some errors.

10 (Edit 11, forgot one) Reason(S) why I can't use SA...

1. No limit adjuster yet that can hack all the limits, you also have to change the bit values to 32Bit, not 8Bit

2. There is a lack of Modding tools for SA, and I can't work with MED, Reason why I mapped it all out on VC is because KED can render the whole map and I was going to when the map is finished then think about moving it all to SA.

3. There are object limits within the SA exe, that may not allow for all 3 maps and what ever else SOL has, this goes beyond the EXE, Memory allocation, bus speed (bandwidth) and stored objects within the IMG files.

4. This will make one hell of a laggy game, until hardware specs advance forward, give or take 2 years.

5. There are 4 teams working on SA, trying to bring LC, VC, and SA onto one map, but they couldn't all do it without Sacky's Limits patch.

6. GTA united are doing well, without the need for me to over shadow them with another mod on SA and this will confuse those who download the mods, and who wants to download 4 or more mods that have almost done the same thing..

7. I haven't had the support of others, lack of a working team, if this was to be on SA, then I couldn't do it alone.

8. As noted above, I do not have permission to use SA.

9. There are some people who still like the VC engine as buggy and hell as it is, Stunters have an interest in the mod.

10. Ummm, I've run out of reasons and I wonder how that could be, maybe I'm getting to old to start thinking about another mod when I haven't finished this one.

Edit, smile.gif
11. Having bugs in a game is all well and good if you can find them, but SA does not have a dev console like VC, big thanks to JernelL (Delfi)..

Lets bitch and complain some more, but i'm getting to old for that too..

I do have a request, and that is if your doing a project on VC that's porting/cycling or modelling something towards LC, VC or SA, how about work with me and lets make this project better.

Rawra
  • Rawra

Daedric Prince of Madness

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

I agree.

Let X-seti work on making this a good project for VC with all he can do, and United with SA. Therefore there is no confusion,as stated, and bugs wont grow when porting to SA, if they would.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:29 PM Edited by X-Seti, 07 April 2008 - 08:20 PM.

New dev video;

Beta50 will be out sometime September, I have now set a target.

Time to finish this mod within a set time;

This means all the maps have to be finished.

Paths for the maps done for SA, LC and VC.

New Vehicles added and finished.

Radar map added.

Beta 51 will be for getting missions into the game.. and heading towards a finished mod.

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users