GTA Lib & Vice City Project:

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3,262 replies to this topic
X_ATP_X
  • X_ATP_X

GTA United Scripter

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

Will you create paths for SOL too? Its very sh*ty without path!

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:24 AM

I'm pretty sure he's working on it.. But since the map coordinates are out of VC's original game territory, it's more complicated. And i'm not sure about this, but i think there's a "number of data/lines" limit set somewhere in the executable, which stands for paths...

X_ATP_X
  • X_ATP_X

GTA United Scripter

• Members

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

@SOL Team

Can You say me how much Coord Points (X;Y;Z) you have move San Andreas?
I want to Script the SA Train in SOL. I take The cords from SA for the train. but you have move San Andreas so that I must move the Train-Cords too. But I dont know how much you have move SA. So can you Say me the Coords please?

Sorry for My Bad English but Im from germany biggrin.gif

Rawra
  • Rawra

Daedric Prince of Madness

• Members

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:28 PM

can trains be scripted into VC? I thought vc had no trains ^^

Dave_TE
  • Dave_TE

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Rawra @ Mar 19 2008, 17:28)

GTA:LC mod for VC have trains, so yeah, its possible...

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

I'm around on the mod on a part time basis, little progress is going on right now, and I've not heard from Andy?

To find the cords location, compare an object on the original SA map to where it is on the SOL map, thus this is the only way to find the right adjustment data.

Right now I am working on main land liberty, replacing the Liberty City buildings, Starting to ever so slowly to join it up to the rest of the map.

user posted image

There is a test video on the download server, this shows how stable i've got the mod, (Good news for stunters)

Beta 50 is on the way, but do not expect any updates soon, when I do release this update, it's going to be big!.

Update more soon.

X_ATP_X
  • X_ATP_X

GTA United Scripter

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:23 PM Edited by X_ATP_X, 20 March 2008 - 11:46 PM.

will there be SA and LC paths in the Next version?

@X-Seti
You have write in The SOL forum This

"Talk to me mate, I need someone who can try and play around with SCM.

Make an intro before games starts, this should hide all the popup objects, there is also a CJ model added, so you can play either as Tommy of CJ"

If you want I can Code SCM for You. What do you need?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:07 AM Edited by X-Seti, 21 March 2008 - 12:09 AM.

will there be SA and LC paths in the Next version?

not sure, Andy has gone awol so all exe code related stuff is on hold, he did say he sent me some code, but he sent this to a dead email addy.

I have a CJ player model added..

CODE

8, cjmod, cjtex, CIVMALE, STAT_SENSIBLE_GUY, man, 20d, null, 5,5

The problem with adding new objects like peds or vehicles, is the SCM builder doesnt allow this, because it only knows the current VC format.

About the "talk to me, have a posted in the SOL forum", ahmm I'm confused?

If you can help me with SCM, do so mate, I also need the heavy vehicle cheat added to add vehicles, this will stop the engine crashing, aswell as the fade in delay. smile.gif

X_ATP_X
  • X_ATP_X

GTA United Scripter

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Mar 21 2008, 00:07)

CODE

8, cjmod, cjtex, CIVMALE, STAT_SENSIBLE_GUY, man, 20d, null, 5,5

The problem with adding new objects like peds or vehicles, is the SCM builder doesnt allow this, because it only knows the current VC format.

You can do Take the Sanny Builder then you can Take The model ID.

Evilscarecrow
  • Evilscarecrow

Also known as Mc-Kay

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:26 AM

Joys of a nice stable mod smile.gif

Delorean88us
  • Delorean88us

Dead

• Members

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:25 PM

sorry haven't been on in a while. College kinda sucks.

Anyway, I have added the delay at the beginning. The heavy car cheat is doable....but only on certain vehicles. Obviously, the one you can drive, and it can be applied to vehicles driven by peds. It cannot be applied to parked cars though, and I have tried looking for a way around it in VC, but it's not possible.

For heavy cars driven by the player, use this thread.
CODE
:LabelHeavy
0001: wait 10 ms
00D6: if  0
0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined
004D: jump_if_false ££LabelHeavy
00E0:   player $PLAYER_CHAR driving  
03C1: 0@ = player $PLAYER_CHAR car
01EC: make car 0@ very heavy  1      
0002: jump ££LabelHeavy

jojo_7
  • jojo_7

Hey! How about a big nice cup of shut the f*ck up?

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:25 PM

whatsthat.gif Sinse theres no one in Liberty City, Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas this mod isnt worth playing.. YET

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:23 AM Edited by X-Seti, 28 March 2008 - 01:29 AM.

QUOTE (jojo_7 @ Mar 27 2008, 17:25)
whatsthat.gif Sinse theres no one in Liberty City, Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas this mod isnt worth playing.. YET

Some people just do not get it, this mod is not finished.

This mod is a beta (Work in progress), and we left stuff out like that (vehicles and peds) so we could get the maps stable and everything we want in the game, GTAF Members can give their ideas on what they would like to see in the mod.

I release betas so bugs can be found and thats it, otherwise things would take to long and fix.

jojo_7, if your looking for a game to download, then don't download beta mods.

I've had a lot of good feedback since beta 46.0, so we move onwards to beta 50.0 (BlueBird)

Will update with pics of BlueBird soon.

Edit;

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Delorean88us @ Mar 27 2008, 15:25)
sorry haven't been on in a while.  College kinda sucks.

Anyway,  I have added the delay at the beginning.  The heavy car cheat is doable....but only on certain vehicles.  Obviously, the one you can drive, and it can be applied to vehicles driven by peds.  It cannot be applied to parked cars though, and I have tried looking for a way around it in VC, but it's not possible.

For heavy cars driven by the player, use this thread.
CODE
:LabelHeavy
0001: wait 10 ms
0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined
00E0:   player $PLAYER_CHAR driving  
03C1: 0@ = player $PLAYER_CHAR car
01EC: make car 0@ very heavy  1      
0002: jump ££LabelHeavy

I'll leave that code to you mate, and I was wondering weather you was still with me, I do have another SCM coder in the shadows somewhere, I need to link you both up so we can start on the story line that's almost ready to be added.

X_ATP_X
  • X_ATP_X

GTA United Scripter

• Members

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Mar 28 2008, 01:23)
QUOTE (jojo_7 @ Mar 27 2008, 17:25)

Some people just do not get it, this mod is not finished.

This mod is a beta (Work in progress), and we left stuff out like that (vehicles and peds) so we could get the maps stable and everything we want in the game, GTAF Members can give their ideas on what they would like to see in the mod.

I release betas so bugs can be found and thats it, otherwise things would take to long and fix.

jojo_7, if your looking for a game to download, then don't download beta mods.

I've had a lot of good feedback since beta 46.0, so we move onwards to beta 50.0 (BlueBird)

Will update with pics of BlueBird soon.

Edit;

Wahts That For A Tower in Las Venturas?
I Think in SA There Wasnt A Tower!

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:45 AM

Well there is now, and a lot of other new stuff not found in Vegas.

I'm thinking about adding a staircase for the tower, its a nice land mark, and can be seen for miles.

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

Wow! Nice screenshots and I like Tower idea icon14.gif

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:26 AM Edited by flatface, 29 March 2008 - 10:35 AM.

QUOTE (Dave_TE @ Mar 19 2008, 17:59)
QUOTE (Rawra @ Mar 19 2008, 17:28)

GTA:LC mod for VC have trains, so yeah, its possible...

all it i, is changing the path for the dead dodo or the VC choppers that fly around, and seeing as SOL has what it has, im sure they can add things like that so they don't loose the origonals

also, at the SOL dude's, msn aint workin atm but i finally had an idea for some screens, gona try and stuff soon, i'll gt msn working after tryin

thoughts people? tounge.gif

and don't save this if you like it, just tell me on msn cause this is just a jpeg to show ya tounge.gif

i tried to keep the origonal blue with scanlines and the small squares but made em fainter than you did .. also, if you guys make sigs or w/e using price down, rockstar wrote GTA as "gRand Theft auto" so do it like that i you want the font to work properly

user posted image

quick sig

user posted image

Huzaifah
  • Huzaifah

the-method-man

• Members

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:43 AM

i was wondering if this mod would move to san andreas engine becasue it doesnt have lots of features like : able to move the mouse while in the car, jump high.

colgate.gif

you guys dont have enough time so would just say in the update after beta 50.0 bluebird move this mod to san andreas!!!

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:48 AM

thats probably never gona happen, and im hoping t doesn't because well... VC rapes SA 100x

another screen

user posted image

Huzaifah
  • Huzaifah

the-method-man

• Members

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

i dont care even it happens but they should add some functionality into vc engine. colgate.gif

nice pics though

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

well there have been things like breaking the limits for flying vehicles, the swimming glitch mod thing but it really needs to be fine tuned.. ALOT! tounge.gif ad there are prolly gona be things like sitting climbing etc

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:33 PM

So you're moving to SA now Seti?? Cheers. More info on the move? Did I just happen to miss it pages back? blush.gif

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

there aren't any plans, when i asked about it like a week ago, i was told it probably WONT happen because of Restrictions from R*, which i love because the VC engine rapes SA

*i replied about it again cause im freakin out about everything today lol*

persia12
  • persia12

OG

• Members

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

Im really hoping for this to be moved to SA because I don't own the GTA3 or ViceCity (which both seemed to be not sold much in stores).

But I guess I'll wait patiently.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:17 PM Edited by X-Seti, 29 March 2008 - 03:56 PM.

QUOTE (derty @ Mar 29 2008, 15:33)
So you're moving to SA now Seti?? Cheers. More info on the move? Did I just happen to miss it pages back? blush.gif

SA port, I seem to be dancing around this a lot don't I.

VC has alot of advantages over SA in many ways, one being able to mold the engine to how I want it, and with SA, you can not say the same thing, give the work thats being put into the mod, this may turn out better then what can be done on SA.

If... and only If, there was to be a SA port, There would have to be the support from other modders, I can't continue on like I have been, working alone on and off for the last 4 years, I,e (People dropping in here and there with ideas and wanting to help, doing an half arssed job on something then leaving me with something half done or nothing to add to the mod)

I do have people on the mod now like Flatface - (Game Art), Windyshrimp - (Models) and my mate Chris who has been working in the shadows with a solid story line, but yet I seem to have issues getting anything SCM related happening.

Andy is my exe coder, and his been with me since we merged projects 3 years ago, however last word from Andy is he found a job, and I have no idea, when his VC Limit Adjuster2 is going to get finished, and until he does we will have vehicle bug issues.

I have Sacky's permission to use his SA (LA), but he has not ironed out all the bugs yet.

I need to be able to contact R successfully before I make the move, and given talking terms, my last 3 emails have gone un answered, R* doesn't seem to operator like any other software company i've had good contract with in the past and I am not a hard person to contact.

I've had no emails or letters telling me to cease and assist, which means things continue onwards.

Edit; Contact from the start with Rockstar has been set in what I wanted to do, layed out in an email, even through the mod has grown beyond my original plans.

I was given the OK to start the project in their 3rd email reply, that I stay within the terms they set, and one of those was if they ever told me the discontinue the project, then I would.

So what to do, ahhh I dunno, just continue on with what I have..

persia12
  • persia12

OG

• Members

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Mar 29 2008, 10:17)
QUOTE (derty @ Mar 29 2008, 15:33)

SA port, I seem to be dancing around this a lot don't I.

VC has alot of advantages over SA in many ways, one being able to mold the engine to how I want it, and with SA, you can not say the same thing, give the work thats being put into the mod, this may turn out better then what can be done on SA.

If... and only If, there was to be a SA port, There would have to be the support from other modders, I can't continue on like I have been, working alone on and off for the last 4 years, I,e (People dropping in here and there with ideas and wanting to help, doing an half arssed job on something then leaving me with something half done or nothing to add to the mod)

I do have people on the mod now like Flatface - (Game Art), Windyshrimp - (Models) and my mate Chris who has been working in the shadows with a solid story line, but yet I seem to have issues getting anything SCM related happening.

Andy is my exe coder, and his been with me since we merged projects 3 years ago, however last word from Andy is he found a job, and I have no idea, when his VC Limit Adjuster2 is going to get finished, and until he does we will have vehicle bug issues.

I have Sacky's permission to use his SA (LA), but he has not ironed out all the bugs yet.

I need to be able to contact R successfully before I make the move, and given talking terms, my last 3 emails have gone un answered, R* doesn't seem to operator like any other software company i've had good contract with in the past and I am not a hard person to contact.

I've had no emails or letters telling me to cease and assist, which means things continue onwards.

Edit; Contact from the start with Rockstar has been set in what I wanted to do, layed out in an email, even through the mod has grown beyond my original plans.

I was given the OK to start the project in their 3rd email reply, that I stay within the terms they set, and one of those was if they ever told me the discontinue the project, then I would.

So what to do, ahhh I dunno, just continue on with what I have..

Well Im hoping for the best of luck with that.

The thing that I was reading a few pages back were your thought on how every seems to be taking the mod idea and calling it there own in their mods, which I find rude.

But at the same time you brought up a good point, and that was instead of making the same mod in seperate TCs, why not work together to get it done. Well I think thats a great idea. I was looking at that HUGE fanmade map some pages ago, and i agree, instead of working against you, they should all be working with you to make something like that. There are plenty of modders on this gtaboard alone who can make something like that if they work together.

So keep up the good work bro and don't give up on this mod anytime soon. This is a mod that alot are anticipating, and like you said, this is 4years of work, so why stop when you've gotten this far icon14.gif

Huzaifah
  • Huzaifah

the-method-man

• Members

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

i want this mod to be the best ever there was so what kind of help are you looking for happy.gif icon14.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Huzaifah @ Mar 29 2008, 17:54)
i want this mod to be the best ever there was so what kind of help are you looking for happy.gif icon14.gif

What kind of modding can you do?

Can you model?

Delorean88us
  • Delorean88us

Dead

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:51 AM

yeah, I'll get the spawn point selection at the start sorted out soon. I already have all the locations (police stations) all sorted out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users