581 replies to this topic
dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (silver007 @ Aug 6 2005, 21:13)
QUOTE (tom14141414 @ Aug 6 2005, 19:50)
Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have downloaded Kams script and now I would like to convert an old vc car (for personel use only)  but when i try to export the finished dff i get an error that says

--Runtime error: Feature not available: "fopen write mode"

I am using Gmax to convert the files but I have no idea what is causing this.
Thanks in advance.

Kams San Andreas Scripts are for 3DS max only, not for Gmax, you will have to get the 30 day trial of 3DS max to use his script, only his older gta3/vc scripts work for Gmax, though i believe they're are seperate scripts for each program

unless I'm mistaken, this script DOES work for GMax, Kam will most likely clear this up when he comes through.

In Your Nightmares
  • In Your Nightmares

yeah boie.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:43 PM

dertyjerzian is right. If you look at the 1st page, he's using the beta version of it in Gmax. Im not fer sure if this newere versions will work. Just wait to see what Kam says

Kam
  • Kam

JINX

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:46 PM

There WILL BE a GMax version, but NOT atm!
Sorry for the pic mis-leading you!

Karcus
  • Karcus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Monitor57 @ Aug 7 2005, 06:34)
i would actually like to use the new .dff xporter (latest release) but everytime i tell it to export something it just stalls 3ds max and doesnt export properly sad.gif

any ideas?

- M57

Read this,Using Kam's script it might help. Also might help if we got more info from you.

wildmotzi
  • wildmotzi

m00 :o

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:07 PM

any ideas?
everytime i try to import the dff..

user posted image

Kam
  • Kam

JINX

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (wildmotzi @ Aug 9 2005, 12:07)
any ideas?

Are you trying to import a dff from ZMod2!?
It's not supported yet! But soon...

wildmotzi
  • wildmotzi

m00 :o

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:07 PM

no from zmod1.. unlocked .. strange

91RS
  • 91RS

Gimme All Your Lovin'

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:26 PM

any ideas?

user posted image

Probably to many polygons. Which car are you trying to import?

DaMcio
  • DaMcio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:44 PM Edited by DaMcio, 10 August 2005 - 09:34 PM.

hey ive got a problem making the lights in my bluebird wagon cool.gif
user posted image
>>>> NEVER MIND tounge.gif

i didn't see the page 23...

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:09 PM

any ideas?

user posted image

i get a similar issue when i try importing the SA kart model (unmodified original R* dff) the way i get round the problem is close the script and run it again and it then works fine.

Kam
  • Kam

JINX

• Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:23 PM

My scripted updated! sigh.gif

toooomas
  • toooomas

just...

• Members

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:10 PM Edited by toooomas, 12 August 2005 - 10:27 PM.

WTF. I have modded one car almost two days and now when I just had to adjust some minor thing the script says that the model is "Locked in Zmodeler 2" (this only happens with the latest script - 12 Aug). cryani.gif How it is possible, have somebody got the same problem? This happened when I added the VC collision instead of SA to fit better.
Fortunately I could recover one of the oldest version of this car and continue/redo the work. biggrin.gif

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci Racing
  • Finland

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:40 AM

I got a weird problem. Max(6) exports model well but the model is huge ingame. I've scaled it and compared it with other model so it should be normal sized. Also the export scale(?) is set to 1.0. I've also reseted the X-Forms but not with Helper tool.

I can't figure out what it could be. I've exported other car without problems to GTASA but this seems to have problems notify.gif

I'll send a pic later if needed

Kam
  • Kam

JINX

• Members

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:56 PM

flashg, I am 99% sure its your xform problem!
Are you sure you used 'Reset Xform' in Utility Panel and NOT 'XForm' modifier? Try collapse it to editable mesh or add an 'edit mesh' modifier to your objects!

The different between Reset XForm and XForm Modifier are:

- 'Reset Xform' make your objects present state transform/rotation/scale as initial
eg: present scale 100 -> 1

- 'XForm Modifier' keep your objects present state transform/rotation/scale as present
eg: present scale 100 -> 100

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci Racing
  • Finland

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:41 PM Edited by flashg, 16 August 2005 - 02:37 PM.

Thanks for your answer Kam! smile.gif

Yes I used Reset Xform from Utility Panel and after I reseted all objects I collapsed all to editable mesh. But I try to Reset them again and I don't collapse them this time, I'll add Edit Mesh instead. If it'd help who knows tounge.gif

EDIT

That worked! I didn't collapse after resetting. I added Edit Mesh and now everything works smile.gif

pfc_lee
  • pfc_lee

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:49 AM

I need some help with this transparency problem I've been trying to fix. cryani.gif The headlight covers disappear when it's daytime, like they're normals have been flipped. At night, they're transparent like they're suppose to be and you can see the headlights. I tried resetting xform, normal solver and putting transparent materials to the top of the material ID. I also tried moving the headlights and the headlight cover under the chassis_dummy heirarchy but the headlights disappear when it's nighttime ingame. There's also a problem with the convertible top and being able to see through the interior at certain angles. This should be related to the transparency problem. Please help! Thanks

I'm using 3dsmax7 and kam's script.

user posted image

toooomas
  • toooomas

just...

• Members

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:22 AM

Could someone post an alternative link to the "GTACOL_IO_v..." for GTA3/VC. The link on the KAM's script page is down cryani.gif .
I would be very grateful for that.

Kam
  • Kam

JINX

• Members

Posted 19 August 2005 - 12:46 PM

pfc_lee, make sure the normal of our headlight covers are correct (facing outward). And my normal solver is not for this problem! It for smoothing problem!
Also try to change your transparency part's ID and material to be the last one in the mesh!
eg: you have 5 different material in the door_ok. And the window glass's ID should be 5 and glass material in sub-material 5!

pfc_lee
  • pfc_lee

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:35 PM

pfc_lee, make sure the normal of our headlight covers are correct (facing outward). And my normal solver is not for this problem! It for smoothing problem!
Also try to change your transparency part's ID and material to be the last one in the mesh!
eg: you have 5 different material in the door_ok. And the window glass's ID should be 5 and glass material in sub-material 5!

Thanks for the quick response. The headlight cover normals are facing outward. I manage to get it to work with having the transparency materials at the top of the material ID list. It was last before and it didn't work. I can see the headlights and the cover day and night but there's a small piece that's not part of the cover or the headlights, it's part of the chassis and it's blacked out even though it has primary color assigned to it. The cover and the headlights are seperate objects like the chassis, not elements. I have everything seperate objects because I'm making two different versions coupe and convertible and some parts are instanced. Also, all the objects are assigned one default material and I have 49 sub-materials under it. I don't know if that has anything to do with the transparency problem..

Before the convertible top was just a object under the root dummy, eg 575M. It's transparent and I can see through all the way to the ground which is not right. When I renamed it to chassis and placed it under chassis_dummy, I can see through into the interior and not through the ground. All my non-standard GTA objects are under the root dummy, eg SA_driverseat is under 575M dummy. So this must be a heirarchy problem?

El Presy
  • El Presy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:49 AM

I have a problem with your script confused.gif

When I put Ape ingame, some faces of doors and chassis are flipped! I use Normal Solver of your GTA Helper with the doors and now they are right, but when I try to use it with chassis it give me an error ("Runtime error: array index must be +ve number, got: 0" and it stop on line "if sgary[sg] != undefined then append sgary[sg] i"). Any idea? suicidal.gif

Kam
  • Kam

JINX

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:12 PM

El Presy, Normal Solver use for smooth problem only! tounge.gif But the script crash is problem, but I can't found any bugs atm! You you don't mind, send me that part in .3ds or .dff format for me so I can debug it!

And another updated of the script today! See top post.

djjack
  • djjack

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2005 - 11:37 PM

Kam you greats script to import the IPL of GTA VC to 3d studio will have a version for GTA SA? biggrin.gif

user posted image

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2005 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (djjack @ Aug 26 2005, 18:37)
Kam you greats script to import the IPL of GTA VC to 3d studio will have a version for GTA SA? biggrin.gif

user posted image

Rephrased:

Kam, will you be writing a new IPL I/O script for SA? The one you did for III and VC was great!

snaxxel
  • snaxxel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:12 PM

Sorry, i saw this thread on the google and can se the other pages, just this.
Where can i download KAM's script for 3ds MAX 7 ??

91RS
  • 91RS

Gimme All Your Lovin'

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (snaxxel @ Aug 27 2005, 14:12)
Sorry, i saw this thread on the google and can se the other pages, just this.
Where can i download KAM's script for 3ds MAX 7 ??

First page.

pirlano
  • pirlano

Ano's

• Members

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:16 PM

Hi Kam, I've a problem whit Bones/Skin Export. I've converted Tommy Vercetti for SA (cs_head.dff 3 Clumps) normal fat & ripped. but when I try to export it........
user posted image
For El Presy: Ciao El Presy, sono Anos quello che ha fatto l'ape 50 vecchia, se ti serve una mano per mettere l'ape in SA ti posso aiutare dato che la tua ape č mooolto + bella. Non saprņ modellare come te ma a convertire e a mettere le auto su SA ormai....... contattami su msn : anosAThotmailDOTit

Kam
  • Kam

JINX

• Members

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:33 PM

pirlano, first of all, even you can use my exporter to export SA bone/skin dff. But that dff will NOT work in game! Because there is some unknown parts I havn't decode yet! Since no one interest in it at that moment, so I froze the SA bone/skin export!

But there shouldn't have any error on export bone/skin dff! And this is my 2nd time saw people having this problem. I was trying to reproduce this error but the script just running too fine for me!? So if you don't mind, send me your max file for me please!

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:02 PM

Kam, RWLight (pre-light) export work only for GTA SA!

Kam
  • Kam

JINX

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:13 PM

No, rwlight is a real light stalled inside dff. It should work in VC(only found in buildings) and SA(vehicles,buildings)!
And according to R* manual, it only support omni!

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:33 PM

Hi Kam.

Some of us are discussing how to put custom built player and ped models into SA over here. If you have ideas or anything it would be really valuable basically, we're using pretty much entirely your scripts to look into stuff right now, so yeah I figured I'd let you know biggrin.gif

Cheers, thanks for all this work so far on everything rampage_ani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users