» «
Photo

SA - Back to reality

1,254 replies to this topic
cns
  • cns

corsair_net

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:55 AM Edited by cns, 02 September 2005 - 02:23 PM.

I've created mod that include
-hotcoffe mod (Author: PatrickW; Co-Authors : Craig Kostelecky, Hammer83)*
-all islads are open from start, same thing with shops, tatoos and barbers...
-you can lock and unlock doors in you car
-you can sit in a car as a passanger
-all cars have petrol ( 16 petrol stations are useable, they are marked on the map with icon: user posted image)**
-you can crack cars with locked doors (even police cars)
-all propeties are buyable since the beginning
-police and other special clothes are also availible since the beginning
-when you are driving as a passenger you can fire from car (tnx to Craig Kostelecky , Demarest and everyone who posted in this topic)****
-you can swintch on/off cars lights manualy (only when you are a driver of this car not passenger)
-passenger+ - if you are sitting in the front passenger seat you can become a driver
-give'n'take mod (author MrTi)
-drive, boat, plane and boat courses are availible
-you can find a pilot license at CJ's house (look at the bedroom) it'll give you access to all airports
-cargobob and levathan can drag some vehicles (tnx Demarest)
-hydra now has emergency evacuation system***

Download MOD
(link was updated 2.09.2005)

Controls:
-when you press 'horn' and hold 1-2 sec to lock/unlock your doors
-when you near the car press 'change camera' button to enter it as a passanger
-when you near locked car press 'look back' and hold 1-2 sec to crack it
-when you are passenger press and hold 'handbrake' to switch in to fire from car mod, to sit back in to the passengerseat just pres 'Return' (enter in default)
-when you are a passenger to increase or reduce car speed use acelerate and reverse(brake) buttons
-when you are a driver press and hold 'seondary fire' (alt in default) to switch your cars lights on/off
-when you sitting at the front passenger seat press and hold 'change camera button' to enter vehicle
-when you have a two or more man gang, aim to your hommie with gun you want to give him and press 'Y' and hold it 1-2 sec, to take wearpon from hommie same with 'N' button.
-when you driving levathan or cargobob press 'activate missions' (deafult '2') to activate magnet on hrelicopter
-when you flying in hydra to start evacuation press 'Y' button

Comments:
Petrol cost in game (I take it from Xoomer stations where it costs 14.99) is same on all stations - 15$
SCM was refreshed, and codes were updated, if someone need sources contact me with PM...
All scripts are unuseable when you are on mission.
ALL MISSIONS ARE AVALABLE! Start point of mission lines not at the front of the CJs house... Here is a map where to go for 'big smoke' start. Its outside, near the right houses corner.
The game will be much more realistic with cars from SPC.

Comming soon:
-fix car control when passenger (bug with speed displaying)

WARNING! You need to use moded GTX, or some texts will be not displaying...
SPANISH.GTX IS SAME WITH AMERICAN.GTX if you chose spanish language in game everything will be in english.
----------------------------------

* Hotcoffe was included only to decensor scenes, there is no functions sex after all dates, 24 hours available and all gilfriends are availiable from the beginnig
** Petrol code is updated, it depends from type of vehicle you drive in and from you veheicle skills
*** You need to have a parashute to land safely
**** You need to have uzi or same type weapon

PETROL STATIONS MAP
user posted image

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:21 AM

1) If you're using other peoples work as a base for your own mod that you plan to release, you should ask the original authors for permission (which will most probably be given) and give them credits.
2) Your zipfile only contains the spanish GXT file, which will only be helpfull to a small part of the community.

cns
  • cns

corsair_net

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:45 AM Edited by cns, 30 June 2005 - 07:25 AM.

QUOTE (PatrickW @ Jun 28 2005, 10:21)

2) Your zipfile only contains the spanish GXT file, which will only be helpfull to a small part of the community.

its not spanish gtx, i renamed american.gtx to spanish.gtx... If you chose spanish.gtx it will looks same as american but it has some new lines using in mod...

QUOTE (PatrickW @ Jun 28 2005, 10:21)

1) If you're using other peoples work as a base for your own mod that you plan to release, you should ask the original authors for permission (which will most probably be given) and give them credits.

sorry, that i've used part of hotcoffe mod (as I know, it was maded by PatrickW, Craig Kostelecky, Hammer83) I hope you are not angry for me...
PS i wasn't use as base... I found you code and pu it in my main? cause your decompiled hotcoffe main cant be compiled...

AngelRipper
  • AngelRipper

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:18 PM

cns, with your mod if I lock a car, and go far away...when I return is my car still where I left it?

cns
  • cns

corsair_net

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:46 PM Edited by cns, 28 June 2005 - 06:48 PM.

QUOTE (AngelRipper @ Jun 28 2005, 14:18)
cns, with your mod if I lock a car, and go far away...when I return is my car still where I left it?

is question or what!?

if you lock and exit the car you cant open it again... cause doors are locked...

if you like I think that I can creat door opening script from the outside for all cars...

PS why in your subscription is russian flag with "Siberian Tiger"?!

gta_matt
  • gta_matt

Bond...James Bond

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:35 AM Edited by gta_matt, 29 June 2005 - 02:40 AM.

Are you working on a something that lets us get gas at a gas station?If so how much longer?Also are you working on a unlock door from outside mod?Can you change the button we have to press to get in and out of other cars passanger seats?

Other than that,Great Mod biggrin.gif

cns
  • cns

corsair_net

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:59 PM Edited by cns, 29 June 2005 - 06:03 PM.

I'd like to change buttons for functions but I realy dont know what keynumbers they have...
Petrol stations: I'll do them soon but I have to find all petrol stations in SA.
Door opening: I think today I'll try to creat this function.

cns
  • cns

corsair_net

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:04 AM Edited by cns, 02 July 2005 - 10:30 PM.

If you want to crack car's doors you have to hold 'Look behind' 1-2 sec.

henryke
  • henryke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:19 AM

sounds very godd, the refueling option is a must !
when will be done?

JahBit
  • JahBit

"What's this then??"

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:02 PM Edited by JahBit, 30 June 2005 - 02:06 PM.

Gotta love that petrol mod! But the fuel tanks drain a bit too fast for my taste...

EDIT: BTW if you could make the code to check if a player actor is near a fuel tank (or what ever it is in English : the thingy with the fuel hose and pistol... u know) inside a certain radius - then you wouldn't have to type down a single coordinate!!! Would save a lot of time that way... If it works...

EDIT2: these worthy candidates are listed in object.dat : petrolpump, petrolpumpnew and washgaspump. Prolly one of these is the one that could work...

EDIT3: This code could work:
CODE
0471:   unknown actor $PLAYER_ACTOR near object #PETROLPUMP radius  7.0  7.0 unknown  0

???

cns
  • cns

corsair_net

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:55 PM

But the fuel tanks drain a bit too fast for my taste...

I know that, I'm going to make modified petrol code that will regulate drain of a pertrol. It will depend on speed and using aceleration key.

.:Shady:.
  • .:Shady:.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:17 PM Edited by .:Shady:., 30 June 2005 - 05:20 PM.

This really is a great mod, it's a nice realistic touch to the GTA world. Any chance of an Xbox version? I just tested your PC mod on the Xbox just to see how well it would work, and I must say, it's nearly perfect on Xbox. I think the main.scm file works fine on the Xbox. Really, I think the only problem with using the mod on the Xbox is the Spanish.gxt which (obviously) uses the PC's command names. So, if I'm not mistaken, all you would have to do to port the mod to the Xbox is to add the text from your mod into the Xbox's Spanish.gxt. If you don't want to do that, it's fine, I understand. I just really like this mod and thought it would be great to have on the Xbox. Thanks. smile.gif

EDIT: I noticed a small, little quirk - For example, if you run out of feul in your car, then get out, jack another car, then get back into the car that ran out of feul, it will suddenly have feul again. This isn't a major problem, it's just a small thing I found.

cns
  • cns

corsair_net

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (.:Shady:. @ Jun 30 2005, 17:17)
This really is a great mod, it's a nice realistic touch to the GTA world. Any chance of an Xbox version? I just tested your PC mod on the Xbox just to see how well it would work, and I must say, it's nearly perfect on Xbox. I think the main.scm file works fine on the Xbox. Really, I think the only problem with using the mod on the Xbox is the Spanish.gxt which (obviously) uses the PC's command names. So, if I'm not mistaken, all you would have to do to port the mod to the Xbox is to add the text from your mod into the Xbox's Spanish.gxt. If you don't want to do that, it's fine, I understand. I just really like this mod and thought it would be great to have on the Xbox. Thanks. smile.gif

EDIT: I noticed a small, little quirk - For example, if you run out of feul in your car, then get out, jack another car, then get back into the car that ran out of feul, it will suddenly have feul again. This isn't a major problem, it's just a small thing I found.

I realy dont know how to port this mode to Xbox... If some one tells me how, I'll do this...

About bug with two cars, I know that, but I cant do anything with this cause there are some problems with memory... Game will be to slow if I'll save all petrol levels...

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

Well, as far as modding the Xbox .gxt file, I'm pretty sure that all you have to do is to just do exactly what it was you did to the PC .gxt file. But then again, I really know nothing about modding, but this is just my guess. If you do decide to try this, I can test it for you.

EDIT: Don't worry about that little bug, it's nothing too major. Everything else is just perfect.

gta_matt
  • gta_matt

Bond...James Bond

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:35 PM

Well I soon find myself walking(or stealing another car)because the gas prices are way to high for
me sad.gif .But making the cars drink more gas at higher speeds(like when floring it)sounds great,just make the normal driving last longer than it does now,maybe make it go down fast as it does now when floring it. biggrin.gif

Also how much longer until all gas stations have the gas up option?

nubbel
  • nubbel

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:08 PM

Hi,

this petrol mod sounds cool! But why did you include the hotcoffe and all islands open mods, etc.?
I would prefer to get only the petrol mod! Would be great if you could release the codes (maybe plus a little info where to add, etc) as I code in the MAIN.SCM myself, too and don't want to loose my own modifications.

JahBit
  • JahBit

"What's this then??"

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (nubbel @ Jun 30 2005, 18:08)
Would be great if you could release the codes.

I'll second that!

gta_matt
  • gta_matt

Bond...James Bond

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:26 PM

I'll third it biggrin.gif

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

BTW, where in the .gxt file can I find the line that says that you don't have enough cash to purchase more petrol? I'd like to "personalize" this line but I can't seem to find it in the .gxt

Also, a nice addition to this mod would be a mod that allows the car washes theought San Andreas to actually work. The script would probably work mainly the same way as the petrol script, i.e. you park at a certain coordinate in the map (the pre-existing car washes) and "X" amount of money is deducted from the player and BAM! The car is magically clean. I personally would love this if it's possible, but I've been hearing that the "progressive dirtying" of cars was removed from the PC and Xbox ports of the game for some reason, which would be very strange. But if this is indeed possible, it would fit in nicely with your current mod.

nubbel
  • nubbel

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:29 PM

Do the cars get dirty? I never noticed that (PC version). I only notived that some cars look a bit dirty (like the Bilsta Compact if I remember right)

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:31 PM

Supposedly they do in the PS2 version, but I'm not sure if they do in the PC and Xbox versions...

cns
  • cns

corsair_net

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:28 AM Edited by cns, 06 July 2005 - 05:20 AM.

QUOTE (.:Shady:. @ Jun 30 2005, 20:21)
BTW, where in the  .gxt file can I find the line that says that you don't have enough cash to purchase more petrol?  I'd like to "personalize" this line but I can't seem to find it in the  .gxt

Also, a nice addition to this mod would be a mod that allows the car washes theought San Andreas to actually work.  The script would probably work mainly the same way as the petrol script, i.e. you park at a certain coordinate in the map (the pre-existing car washes) and "X" amount of money is deducted from the player and BAM!  The car is magically clean.  I personally would love this if it's possible, but I've been hearing that the "progressive dirtying" of cars was removed from the PC and Xbox ports of the game for some reason, which would be very strange.  But if this is indeed possible, it would fit in nicely with your current mod.

If everything is ok, you have next lines in your GTX:
dlock - doors are locked
dunlock - doors are unlocked
carcrac - car doors were cracked
tankfu - tank is full
petmon - have no cash

This is code for petrol it has some extra code, it can work without, but I ported it from my old mode ('Delirium of the realist' for VC)

All codes are published in the page 3

cns
  • cns

corsair_net

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:32 AM

I'll think about carwash... And I'm going to make VIP tuning garage that will make your cars bullet, fire and damage proof...

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:42 AM Edited by .:Shady:., 01 July 2005 - 06:17 AM.

Good idea. Thanks for the .gxt info as well, I'm just finishing putting it into the Xbox .gxt file and I will test it in just a minute. I'll edit this post with results...

EDIT: Good news - everything worked except for the word "Petrol" next to the blue bar. Everything else is perfect. I also re-worded some of the phrases for myself, and if you want, I can send the new Xbox .gxt to you. Also, doing the Taxi missions with this mod makes it much more strategic, very nice smile.gif Oh, and good luck with those other mods you have planned. I like the ideas.

JahBit
  • JahBit

"What's this then??"

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:20 AM

@ cns : I've also been trying to find an opcode that would affect the dirtyness of a car... no luck yet. I hope you can make the carwash work.

nubbel
  • nubbel

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:55 AM

Hi there,

I have a few questions/issues:

1. Do you use special software to edit the GXT files or do you just use the windows editor (there is a lot of unreadable data inside)?
2. The code you posted can just be put before the ---Mission 0--- stuff to get it working?
3. The VIP tuning garage is a great idea rolleyes.gif

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:12 PM

To edit the .gxt file, I used a program called SAGXTEdit. It worked pretty well for me. As for the code, I really don't know. I'm really hoping that cns can do these next mods he has planned. And also, I could help to find the rest of the gas stations, but I know that there are very few of them.

cns
  • cns

corsair_net

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (nubbel @ Jul 1 2005, 11:55)
Hi there,

I have a few questions/issues:

1. Do you use special software to edit the GXT files or do you just use the windows editor (there is a lot of unreadable data inside)?
2. The code you posted can just be put before the ---Mission 0--- stuff to get it working?

to edit GTX files I used SAGTXEDIT (by Hammer) you can find it on GTA-Garage and I'm not shuare but you can try to get it on gta3.net

code can be posted everywhere you like but it must go after words jump to label... In this way it doesn't brake your main code

I found 6 more petrols (in San Fierro, Flint Country, Whetstone and not far from Los Santos) and I think to activate it in one day...

I cant find any petrol inside Los Santos, can someone help me?!

blinky
  • blinky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:23 AM

Isn't there a station across from where the tattoo and hair place is and by the pizza place in that area...

I think there is one, I was just bunny hopping on building around there and I'm pretty sure there was a gas station.

nubbel
  • nubbel

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:50 AM

Thank you guys for the answers!

Well I found one real gas station in Los Santos:

user posted image

and one possible former gas station (looks like):

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users