• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:01 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

The Only Vehicle i've ever wanted to make sweet, sweet love to...

Enjoy baby, it's not street legal yet... -Regards, Guitard

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:05 AM

You do know that is concept from many years ago, dont you? This concept came about 2 years before the current GTO came out confused.gif

The Guitarded Dude
  • The Guitarded Dude

ΈŁ Μřĩąċħĩ

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:06 AM

damn, that's not what i heard... oh well

-Regards, Guitard

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:30 AM

No GM decided to nick an Australian design and slap on a new grille and badge.

As much as this design ain't really appealling to me I'd rather they used that then our Monaro. BTW did you change the colour because honestly it looks gastly in those colours mainly because all you did was crank up the colour levels for the whole image.

The Guitarded Dude
  • The Guitarded Dude

ΈŁ Μřĩąċħĩ

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:51 AM

crappy photoshop work, i just wanted to quickly display it in different colours

but i think the red one is Hawt -Regards, Guitard

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:08 AM Edited by kevin2006rhs, 27 June 2005 - 06:12 AM.

I was a little off on my dates/years of concept release...it seems as though that particular GTO concept was released in 1999

QUOTE (SeriousWheels.com)
Prior to the GTO reintroduction in 2004, Pontiac showcased a more extreme-looking concept in 1999, with blocky styling far removed from the Holden Monaro body used in the current GTO model.

While the concept car sported 19-inch wheels in the front and 20-inch wheels in the rear, the car had no engine or drivetrain to power them, and was strictly a design-concept piece.

Source

QUOTE (Edmunds.com 01-01-1999)
DETROIT - What would the Pontiac GTO-a car many credit for launching the 1960s muscle-car era-look like if it were still around today? That's precisely the idea behind Concept GTO, a modern-day interpretation of Pontiac's legendary performance car.

Looking like a cross between a customized Pontiac Trans Am and the Batmobile, Concept GTO's young designer (who wasn't even born when the GTO was in its heyday) makes no apologies for borrowing design cues from old "goats" of the past. Such recognizable features as a pronounced beak, ram-air hood with exterior-mounted tach, side strakes with hunched rear quarters and honeycomb wheels trace their roots to GTOs of the '60s and '70s.

As GM's excitement division, Pontiac has a history of outrageously styled concepts that never see the light of day in dealer showrooms. But many design elements from those concepts have found their way onto production Pontiacs, so GM is fishing for public input on this one.

Simply a design exercise to explore future possibilities, Concept GTO is not a working mechanical prototype. But it doesn't take an overactive imagination to see that this shapely styling buck could easily be adapted to today's current Firebird/Camaro F-body platform or, better still, based on the new C-5 Corvette chassis. With the rumored demise of GM's F-body cars at the end of the 1999 model year, a Corvette-based GTO might not be too far-fetched an idea for Pontiac to pursue.

Source

The Guitarded Dude
  • The Guitarded Dude

ΈŁ Μřĩąċħĩ

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:45 AM

well it's retarded they didn't choose the more kick ass looking version, i mean what's to like about the Monaro? -Regards, Guitard

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (The Guitarded Dude @ Jun 27 2005, 16:15)
well it's retarded they didn't choose the more kick ass looking version, i mean what's to like about the Monaro? -Regards, Guitard

You mean the Pontiac GTO, there's plenty to like about the Holden Monaro but after GM buthered it to be a GTO I agree.

Kotsudaira
  • Kotsudaira

The Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:28 AM

The orange one is the real one, yeah? It's nice, but the lights need to be a little further apart and they need to fix those stripe things. To make it look like the lines one the doors continue on from the ones on the front bumper. That car could push future car design up a notch.

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (The Guitarded Dude @ Jun 27 2005, 01:45)

It's also retarded they didn't go with original plans to make a big block version.

When a concept car comes out take everything they tell you they are putting on it and take it off of it.

Instead of that big cube engine throw in the smallest 4, 6, or 8 in the current lineup.
Instead of those fancy seats look for some cavalier seats with leather.
Instead of that nice fancy new steering wheel design look for an impala steering wheel with your particular cars logo.

They can say all they want about how they are doing this and that but in the end they never waste that much money in testing and development and will always revert back to what they have tons of sitting on the shelf or they can produce already.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:56 PM

Well at least the grill isnt all flat to the front, it needs to be recessed and brutal looking, like if it was parked on the side of the road, it is doing something illegal by standing idle.

Melikes.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:06 PM

I can't help but think Batman when I look at that concept...

<3D

Mercedes-Benz
  • Mercedes-Benz

NYC

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:42 PM

GM really dident butcher the Monaro. All they did was put a line down the grill and call it a GTO.

Kotsudaira
  • Kotsudaira

The Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Mercedes-Benz @ Jun 27 2005, 15:42)
GM really dident butcher the Monaro. All they did was put a line down the grill and call it a GTO.

They murdered it.. They put the Pontiac grille on it, not just a line down the middle. The grille is way to big for it. And they changed the body kit, if they'd stuck with our Holden kit, they'd've been fine and would've sold maybe double what they've already sold.

Mercedes-Benz
  • Mercedes-Benz

NYC

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:07 AM

I dont think they would double there sales beause of a body kit. There sales are poor because it looks nothing like a classic GTO. Its a Holden. Thats why there sales are poor. Look at the Chrysler 300, and the new Mustang. They cant keep them on the showroom floors. It has a retro look that people like. People like it, people buy it, there sales go up.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Jun 27 2005, 23:36)
I can't help but think Batman when I look at that concept...

<3D

You seen the new batmobile? Ouchies does that look weird. Like Mr Freeze's car from the other movie.

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:18 AM

Kind of off topic, but have a look at this concept:user posted imageThis should be the new Charger. Not the 300C with new sheetmetal.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:30 AM

that too is the old charger concept from around 1999 and yes infact, the new charger is butt ugly sad.gif

user posted image

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:53 AM

The new charger looks like the the Magnum got knocked up by the 300c, the magnum got pregnant, smoked weed, drank hard liquor, snorted coke while she was pregnant, and had a mutant baby. In other words, it's another another fugly sh*t heap from Dodge.

But when I saw that GTO I knew it was gonna give me nightmares for the rest of my life.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:30 AM

user posted image

they're stupid, and its sad sad.gif

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:18 AM

Dodge has way too much pride in their vehicles. Has anyone noticed that the only people who buy dodges are the soccer moms, or basically anyone in the suburbs, also rednecks.

@Sip: That charger cop car is butt fugly.

Kotsudaira
  • Kotsudaira

The Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (THE-G.T.A.-K.I.N.G. @ Jun 30 2005, 08:18)
@Sip: That charger cop car is butt fugly.

I like it. It looks tough. Not sure if it measures up to the old Chargers though.

You guys know we're talking about a Pontiac though, right?

I like this concept, not sure if it's GTO material, but it looks damn nice. In it's original colour of course, not the sh*t that Guitarded changed it to.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Kotsudaira @ Jun 30 2005, 04:04)
I like it. It looks tough. Not sure if it measures up to the old Chargers though.

not sure? its a f*cking 4 door. the origional was a 2 door, and the general lee was a no door(they had to climb in through the windows smile.gif

no way in hell that thing measures up.

and no matter how tough something looks. if its that ugly, you are still going to laugh at it.

IMO, they should(and likely will) stick with the Crown vics/impalas. and HOPEfully, go back to the crown vics.

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (SIP_YEK_NOD @ Jun 30 2005, 05:30)
that too is the old charger concept from around 1999 and yes infact, the new charger is butt ugly sad.gif

I know it's old, but it is still sexy. blush.gif I'll even let the extra doors go.

Kamahl
  • Kamahl

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

i dont like that concept...

D-Structo
  • D-Structo

Kapitan Paleta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:34 PM

i agree with Kots, i kinda like the new Charger copcar. looks pretty interesting for me. smile.gif

Kotsudaira
  • Kotsudaira

The Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2005 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (SIP_YEK_NOD @ Jun 30 2005, 10:07)
QUOTE (Kotsudaira @ Jun 30 2005, 04:04)

not sure? its a f*cking 4 door. the origional was a 2 door, and the general lee was a no door(they had to climb in through the windows smile.gif

Oh.. I didn't realise it was a four door. I thought it just had big doors. They should change it to just having two big doors, and they should lower the roof an inch or so. biggrin.gif

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:07 AM

and widen the grill and take the two middle bars out. and change the headlights to two round ones. and abandon it because they will never live up to the name.

Kotsudaira
  • Kotsudaira

The Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (SIP_YEK_NOD @ Jul 1 2005, 05:07)
and widen the grill and take the two middle bars out. and change the headlights to two round ones. and abandon it because they will never live up to the name.

lol, or they could leave it as is, and release it under a different name. f*ck knows what, I don't work for Dodge, so I'm not coming up with a new name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users