Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:37 PM

make a cops video, that b cool. day and life of a cop bustin ass devil.gif

Tecate
  • Tecate

Long Night Creator

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (poohead @ Jun 27 2005, 16:06)
u can hav 1 in gta:lc and myriad, that b kinda cool tounge.gif , maybe make a gta long nights horror one devil.gif

We actually mentioned that
back in the demo days.

We tested out a lot of different things for the trailer, still have things brewing, but we're no longer going to be able to take the first true gta-machinima title. Way to go ceedj. With Seinfeldian dialog like that, you're sure to rise to the top. Have you played with gmax yet to try your hand at custom animations?

xspudx
  • xspudx

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:18 PM

ceedj how do you do that with your peds? get a close up on them and make them move and kick and stuff, how can i do it? can people give me some things they would like to see in a san andreas video? thanks

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (xspudx @ Jul 3 2005, 15:18)
ceedj how do you do that with your peds? get a close up on them and make them move and kick and stuff, how can i do it? can people give me some things they would like to see in a san andreas video? thanks

Thanks for fixing your post up there. Much obliged. smile.gif

Now, to answer your questions:

1) I use Strechnutter/Racer S's CamHack for Vice City to get all my pretty close ups on...my prettys. A lot of it is setting up the PEDS properly in the right posistion (to save time, if I need two PEDS talking, I'll set up two near each other, but farther away than normal, so I can lock the camera off for each reaction).

II) For the animations, I use a modded SCM. Take a look in editing discussion and check out the "PEDS Thread" and some other one shots for information about that. From what I can see, all of the opcodes used in my scm SHOULD work in SA (but nobody seems to want to give me a yes or no on this...), but since I'm knee deep in story with Vice, it's not something that's a real high priority for me right now. If someone checks it, and it DOES work, it'd be so incredibly awesome if you could let the rest of us know. I think watching Jessica decide between Binco and Victim could be lots of fun. smile.gif

three) I PROMISE to release the modded scm's this week. Between recording, filming, music recording (side project) and getting the website together I just haven't had the time to put the scm's together with a proper read me. This week I'll be focusing on the next batch of episodes (and a Short that will either the best idea ever, or the worst example of a crossover ever seen. It really could go either way) and getting the scm's together. Seriously.

No, I MEAN it. I will! Honest!

inlove.gif

Nipa
  • Nipa

Hi.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 03:31 AM

I registered at the PEDS site as Nipz (first account went bad) and I must say very well done. Is there anyway you'll rewrite the carchase code into using markers? I'm getting very angry just because I pressed the wrong combation! Sure, I would but I don't really know how I'm going to change ALL that to markers!

Nipa inlove.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:06 AM

Haha! I just watched the trailer, great work guys. Now on the the eps, and i must say this is the best Machinima yet!

catloaf_by_anuj.gif

xspudx
  • xspudx

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (ceedj @ Jul 4 2005, 01:50)
1) I use Strechnutter/Racer S's CamHack for Vice City to get all my pretty close ups on...my prettys. A lot of it is setting up the PEDS properly in the right posistion (to save time, if I need two PEDS talking, I'll set up two near each other, but farther away than normal, so I can lock the camera off for each reaction).

so is the camera hack able to work on san andreas yet, because it may seem very difficult to do this without it and it will need sound, i don't know how i will handle this, i have two things i wish to do, one is to be a cop, 2 is to be a gangster (normal cj) which version would you want to see this as, (btw the cop is a white version) i don't know what i should put in my intro, so far i have a bit footage of flying over los santos in 10x draw mode and a close up of cj plus titles, anything else i should add to the intro? i am looking forward to your suggestions, thanks

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (xspudx @ Jul 4 2005, 11:01)
so is the camera hack able to work on san andreas yet, because it may seem very difficult to do this without it and it will need sound, i don't know how i will handle this, i have two things i wish to do, one is to be a cop, 2 is to be a gangster (normal cj) which version would you want to see this as, (btw the cop is a white version) i don't know what i should put in my intro, so far i have a bit footage of flying over los santos in 10x draw mode and a close up of cj plus titles, anything else i should add to the intro? i am looking forward to your suggestions, thanks

Sorry, I must have missed the SA part. No, the Cam Hack is for Vice only, HOWEVERm I just heard that the author MAY be working on a release for SA, so that may work out for you soon.

As for the rest, I have three suggestions:

1) Story.
2) Story.
3) STORY.

Seriously, get your story together first, then map out where you will need certain shots. Trust me on this, you will save a LOT of time...

-------------------------------------------------

PEDS HI RESOLUTION VIDEO IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

Yep, go to the PEDS Website, register a new user name (if you haven't already, and why not??), click on Videos and then High Resolution and download to your hearts content. You will need DivX to watch the videos; helpfully, I have added the latest versions in 200/XP and 98/ME flavors. WARNING: Most of these files run in the 40-80 MB range. Just so you know.

Well, what are you waiting for?

GO! rah.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:57 PM

Friggin internet.

Anyway, GO! rahkstar2.gif

king razer
  • king razer

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:25 PM

this might not be possible but how about a PEDS movie like add tall the ones you got together. add a few bits to make it link together what ya think. it dosent have to be that long.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (king razer @ Jul 7 2005, 09:25)
this might not be possible but how about a PEDS movie like add tall the ones you got together. add a few bits to make it link together what ya think. it dosent have to be that long.

Acutally, the way the movies are cut and edited, it already links together nicely. A download like that would be MASSIVE.

But if people like you tell more people about it, and we snowball into something bigger, then we may do one thing...

DVD.

Thanks for checking it out. Tell your friends! biggrin.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:52 PM Edited by ceedj, 10 July 2005 - 05:12 AM.

Episode 4 has arrived!

Our fearless four friends finally meet up!

Episode 4 - (not) A date...

Hi Res version will be up Monday.

Enjoy! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

pep_gta
  • pep_gta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 11:03 PM

404 ummm ep4 link needs altering, this one works:

besides that grand ep, looking foward to high res biggrin.gif

side note: did u get my pm on the peds site?

Pulseczar
  • Pulseczar

Mellow Gold

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 11:17 PM

I love Peds. biggrin.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:16 AM Edited by ceedj, 10 July 2005 - 06:25 AM.

QUOTE (pep_gta @ Jul 9 2005, 19:03)
404 ummm ep4 link needs altering, this one works:

besides that grand ep, looking foward to high res biggrin.gif

side note: did u get my pm on the peds site?

Damn, that's TWICE this weekend I did that. Thanks for the fix!

And yes, I DID get your PM; been busy trying to get this scm hook to play nice. I never thought that what you suggested would be useful, but when writing one of the new eps, I came up with an idea for it.

So YES! That would be AWESOME. I'll get in touch with you very soon.

@Pulseczar: They love you too! inlove.gif

EDIT: The Hi Res videos have been fixed on the site. Sorry about that. On the plus side, we got a plug from PlanetGrandTheftAuto out of it. Sweet!

Beretta
  • Beretta

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:05 PM

nice show! keep it up! I did some advertising on other forums biggrin.gif

bringerofblood2000
  • bringerofblood2000

Metal Fo Life!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:06 AM

Yeah man, Amazing Job on these videos....they came out very well....great sh*t.... i Hope to see some soon for San Andreas.....maybe ad some shoot outs in the next one ; )

Good job, it was a good peace of eye candy cookie.gif inlove.gif

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:52 PM

I see you're getting a lot more creative with the latest episodes, experimenting with camera angles (I even saw a fight between 2 peds in the background at one point, coincidence?) etc.. good job on 'em so far. But what exactly are you trying to accomplish with an SCM hook? Toggling animations with hotkeys or something?

Btw, I highly suggest you bring this series to SA, as you have tons of more conversation animations and tons of more ped models and you can put your creative mind to much more use.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:33 AM

RE: SCMHook:

YES. That would make filming MUCH easier, since I would have access to FAR more animations with one or two key presses as opposed to being limited to just the in-game keys. This also good since I won't accidentally press the jump key for an animation and ruin a shot...

RE: The fight in the background: Serendipity. Seriously, I did not plan that, but by getting more background action in the shots, everything seems more "alive". Good catch!

RE: San Andreas: Eventually. There's a whole bunch of stories to tell in Vice though. We may be visiting a few other places as well, but I don't want to spoil the suprise...

Thanks for checking it out! Episode 5 should be out sometime tomorrow, featuring the return of DON!

Woohoo! rah.gif

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:16 PM Edited by kippers, 20 July 2005 - 07:22 PM.

damn it i can't get episodes 1 and 2 to work coz all it says is

PEDS is returning soon with.....episode 5

Thanks for your patients

sad.gif

EDIT whoops just realized, sorry for the 5 day bump confused.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:11 AM

We're having a few server issues (sound familiar? wink.gif ) and we're hoping to have things up and running again this weekend. Monday, at the latest. Episode 5 is in the can, and I finished the Time Freeze part of my new filming mod (YAY) so I can start shooting Episodes 6 and 7 this weekend.

Don't worry, we're still here!

sign-clinton.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 07:56 AM Edited by ceedj, 26 July 2005 - 08:14 AM.

Ok guys, we're almost done with the move. In the meantime...

PEDS - Episode 5 - Loves not wisely, nor too well...

Thanks for your patience guys! The site should be back up in a day or two.

(NOTE: The domain was just switched over earlier today, so it may still point to our old server, in which case you'll get a "File Not Found error. Give your ISP some time to catch up with the DNS changes.)

Enjoy!

PS - Epsiodes 6 and on will feature the new Vice Studios interface. See THIS LINK for details.

Zverik
  • Zverik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:09 PM Edited by Zverik, 25 July 2005 - 06:30 PM.

the new Vice Studios interface

You mean, ep.6 will feature hud? Or there'll be a pack of policemen singing? smile.gif

Btw, why don't you try making longer scripts? So there will be a complete story in each episode - like in serious series smile.gif I like PEDS as they are now, but still I don't understand what's going on there, besides talking and watching other peds.. :I Is there a point you are leading us to with those five episodes?

p.s. man, I've got it. I sound like a ped =)

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (Zverik @ Jul 23 2005, 18:09)
the new Vice Studios interface

You mean, ep.6 will feature hud? Or there'll be a pack of policemen singing? smile.gif

Yeah, I should have clarified that better. The new eps will use my Vice Studios interface, which will make filming a whole bunch easier. You'll also see a lot more animations, as I've been able to add more things to choose from. I think you'll all like the upgrade.

As for the story, I just like a serialized format. Blame it on Ira Behr from ST: Depp Space Nine. biggrin.gif

But all will be revealed. In about five days. wow.gif

The server move went well. If "went well" were to mean "not well at all." We're going to have to rebuild from scratch; there's more info on the PEDS homepage. In any event, we should have a NEW basic framework within a day or so, weith the old episodes soon to follow. I'm REALLY sorry about this, but the old database refuses to work with the new server, and I've spent WAY too much time on it as it is. Suffice to say, we're exploring some systems that will allow any possible moves MUCH easier in the future.

Thanks for all the support, and for sticking by us. We'll make it worth your while. wink.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 06:23 AM Edited by ceedj, 30 July 2005 - 06:25 AM.

FINALLY!

Episode 6 - PINK

Thanks to my sister Heather and GTFourums own Kuiosikle for helping with voice work.

Go, GO, GO!!!

lol.gif

king razer
  • king razer

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:12 AM

nice epi really liked the news report and the jessica and mary plan. i also liked the bit where danny walked into the pink and came out screaming

xspudx
  • xspudx

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:20 PM

was that ending supposed to be funny or something? that was just not funny...one of the worst endings ever. but the rest was quite good, i dont really think these are funny, i was just wondering how did you film the news thing? cos thats great

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:07 PM Edited by ceedj, 30 July 2005 - 10:47 PM.

QUOTE (xspudx @ Jul 30 2005, 15:20)
was that ending supposed to be funny or something? that was just not funny...one of the worst endings ever. but the rest was quite good, i dont really think these are funny, i was just wondering how did you film the news thing? cos thats great

cliffhanger (Pronunciation (klfhngr))
n.
1. A melodramatic serial in which each episode ends in suspense.
2. A suspenseful situation occurring at the end of a chapter, scene, or episode.
3. A contest so closely matched that the outcome is uncertain until the end.

I'm leaning towards #2 myself...

blink.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:20 PM

The PEDS Video.com site is BACK!

And here is a present:

Episode 7 - Dropping In

Hi Res should be up by the weekend. We're taking a short break to do more line readings, and should have new stuff in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy! blink.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:26 PM

There MIGHT be a new short on the PEDSVideo.com site.

Maybe.

I guess ya'll will have to see for yourselves...

blink.gif

I've said too much. Bye!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users