Photo

First Car-Need Help

6 replies to this topic
GameMaster90
  • GameMaster90

Andolini Badfella

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:43 PM

Well yeah, I want to get into modeling, so a friend refered me to use this tutorial. Here
But it's not very newb friendly. I tried using the car the tutorial uses, so now I am going to follow it while trying to model a Mini Cooper.

First question, is there a guide, especially for a newb like me, that shows you, in good detail, step by step, with pictures, how to model? I know it's a lot to ask for, but that would greatly help me.

Next, here's what I've done, please tell whether it's right or not and what I need to do to improve. All comments welcomed.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

*Adam*
  • *Adam*

Sexeh Screenies

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:04 PM

You have the idea, but it doesn't help that your blueprints are stretched/distorted confused.gif

xronhead
  • xronhead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:09 AM Edited by xronhead, 27 June 2005 - 10:59 AM.

I am a newbie my self, just reshape and reshape until you get the shape you want. I'm looking for help myself, looking for someone to help me finish the cars that i have started. take a look at my site there are screenshots of what i am working on.

http://xronhead120.tripod.com/id1.html

and if anyone out there wants to help finish them email me and i will send you the model.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (*Adam* @ Jun 26 2005, 21:04)
You have the idea, but it doesn't help that your blueprints are stretched/distorted confused.gif

could he not just scale on the axies?

xronhead
  • xronhead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:09 AM

he could scale on axies, but wouldn't it be better for the newbie to reshape it to the blueprints then scale to the axies.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (xronhead @ Jun 27 2005, 11:09)
he could scale on axies, but wouldn't it be better for the newbie to reshape it to the blueprints then scale to the axies.

as a matter of fact, it would.

there is a video training avi available at www.3dbuzz.com for proper image plane setup, if you'd like to check that out, GameMaster90.

GameMaster90
  • GameMaster90

Andolini Badfella

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:12 PM

Alight, thanks for everyone's help. But I zoomed in, so you could see the polys better, so maybe that's why it looks distorted.

Anyways, I'll check out that video, thanks for the heads up.

So, is that right, for a first try?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users