Photo

small newb gallery

6 replies to this topic
TheRoper
  • TheRoper

West Coast

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:43 PM

hi all. i just started learning photoshop and fireworks recently for web design purposes and then found the sig requests part of gtaf. i thought it would be fun and a good way to practice, so i've made a few for some people (and even some of them have been chosen biggrin.gif )... so i would like you lot to give me some c&c (which i assume stands for comments & critiques)...
remember, i am very new to this, but i think i'm starting to get the hang of it... it's not too hard. thanks.

user posted image
user posted image
^first thing i ever made... i hate it.

user posted image
^first try at animation... i like it, but maybe it shoulda had a border.

user posted image
^i like this one too, but i need to work on my anti-aliasing a little more.

user posted image
^this one's cool. border maybe?

user posted image
^it's okay, needs a little touch-up.

user posted image
^big file, lost a lot of quality when i made it 80k. i need to learn how to better optimize.

user posted image
^i like it, but maybe salvatore should be moved to the left a little more.

user posted image
^simple, i like the font. blindsk8er didn't use it, but runestoner wanted it with his name, so i edited it.

thanks all, i know some of them suck, but some are okay. i'm still learning, but so far it's been fun.

Hamburger
  • Hamburger

Yes It's me

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:52 PM

What did you use to create them?

Vas
  • Vas

'brokenVolt.co.uk ownEr'

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:19 PM

You should add 1px borders to all of them and get some better fonts from dafont.com

TheRoper
  • TheRoper

West Coast

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:04 PM

@hamburger: i'm using fireworks mx 2004, but maybe i should switch to photoshop... i dunno, i got kinda used to fireworks for web graphics stuff a little while ago, but i might make the switch (i already have photoshop 7, should i upgrade?)

@vas: yeah, i know... i regret not having borders, and i actually just found out about dafont.com the other day...

thanks biggrin.gif

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:51 PM

1. No comment. No comment at all...

2. Looks ok, but the "echo" is cut to fast when it stops. Also, a border would be nice.

3. Too big, crappy imagequality, boring font. Needs a border.

4. The white faded border makes me cry. Also, Batman should be in front of the batman-sign. Over-all the image needs to be much darker. Plus, add a proper border.

5. It's ok. Personaly I would change the bordercolor to black, and then put a colorlayer ontop of it. But thats just me.

6. I saw that request. And that sig you made is really good. Too bad about the quality, though.

7. Don't like it at all. The "Leone"-logo just dosen't fit into the background.

8. Too bright colors, and the same background as the previous one. IMO that font looks horrible, and the fact that it's pink does'nt help at all.

TheRoper
  • TheRoper

West Coast

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:26 PM

@yngve: the only thing i have to say is that the one you thought was too big, was actually requested to be as big as possible, if i remember correctly. other than that, i appreciate your comments, especially about borders... i regret not putting proper borders on 'em... i hope one day i'll grow up to be just like you... inlove.gif practice makes perfect, eh?

thanks

Hamburger
  • Hamburger

Yes It's me

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:32 AM

I'm switiching to Adobe Photoshop CS 8. =)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users