Did anyone other than me

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic
Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:42 AM

I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of replys, all of them saying "NO!". whatsthat.gif

Dirty Sanchez
  • Dirty Sanchez

And Rock n Roll could never ever hip hop like this

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:49 AM

NO!

SlashZero
  • SlashZero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:00 AM

It was alright. smile.gif

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:09 AM

I hated the camera on foot, and the missions were dumb, but I liked the bad physics, i.e. bouncy cars and such. Those physics made for good stunting!

Philtheonearmedbandit
  • Philtheonearmedbandit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:14 AM

I loved the storyline, the music, the voiceovers, the graphics, the characters, the cars. What didn't I like? The gameplay, if you make a third person shooter you NEED AUTO AIM! Write... it... down.

Though I will forgive Reflections for the gun system since this is the first Driver game where you can shoot.

I will not however forgive the fact that the driving controls and physics suck on a game called DRIVER!

I mean the chase sequences were so annoying, they give you a fairly good car and send you through every freaking back alley and side road in the damn city with zero margin of error. I mean you have to drive as fast as humanly possible but with surgical precision.

I mean one mistake and you have to start all over again. And it wouldn't be so bad if it was a chase mission every now and then, but there are sometimes three or four in a row.

Driv3r had so much potential. If the gameplay was as good as everything else it could wipe the floor with Grand Theft Auto, but a GTA clone that is better than GTA still does not exist, maybe someday.

Paulie Cicero
  • Paulie Cicero

Metal Head

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:29 AM

Well, I've never played the game, so it wouldn't be fair for me to come in and rip on it. From what I've heard though it's pretty mediocre. I'm neutral though, because I've never played Driv3r and I probably never will.

JayC
  • JayC

WWJCD

• Feroci

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:33 AM

I liked just thrashing around in Take A Ride mode. But I only put up with story mode to unlock the extra cities.

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:44 AM

I enjoyed it, although one playthrough was enough for me. Those later missions were almost as frustrating as Stuntman. Take a Ride was a pretty good time, and killing all the Tommies made for some fun side missions.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, I love the game.
The whole theme is rather nice and those 'stangs. inlove.gif
Besides, manual aim = pwn (On Driv3r PC anyway).
But I'm stuck on that mission in Istanbul where I have to chase down Callita.

gtasanandreasmaster
  • gtasanandreasmaster

SAN ANDREAS !!!!!!!!!!&a

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:01 PM

overall 5/10

graphics=awfull
glitches=far too many
gameplay=great
missions=great
gun system=sh*te
cars=great

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:44 PM

The game is stupid, I have it and I am now wanting to give it back because it sucks so much ass. The gameplay is stupid, vehicles are really stupid, and the game all-round is stupid. If I could rate it, I would rate it 0.5/10.

Bigs
  • Bigs

OG

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

Yeah, take a ride mode is fun every once in a while. I like t-boning cars at high speeds and seeing to crashes (I love the crashes/car damages in the game) and seeing the driver dead. Fun, fun, fun!

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:48 PM

Its a weird game, you see once you've played SA you relise that Driver 3 wasn't good at all, the first week or two you play it its brilliant then it just stops being good. The game had so much potential it could have been a brilliant game but they did f*ck up on the gameplay there just wasnt a pull factor, the shooting was pathetic and the missions were too damn fustrating, you could fail by loosing a person who was on the same road as you.

Bauer
  • Bauer

Pisskidney

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:12 PM

Film Director. Only reason why this game rocks so much.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:56 PM

I enjoyed the game and i recently got the game for my b-day.

But one thing that when you have to kill all the tommys it reminded me way too much of vice city.

Its pretty fun but one glitch i noticed is when you shoot a cop in the water he dies and he floats in mid air.

Oh and if you want too see ya glitchy game ill show you a link too it but i lost the link.

Ill show it later.

But i think its better then gta in some parts but others not really.

How do people not like this game? I guess people stick to gta and not any other shooting games.

Yuck Fou
  • Yuck Fou

<3 Mar

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:37 AM

I hated it, honestly. It was a huge disappointment.

CoplandVictim
  • CoplandVictim

Shat.. NER!?

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:19 AM

Driv3r was the biggest waste of time/money I have ever experienced in my life. So no, I didn't like it. But maybe someone else will agree with you.

MOBMAN
  • MOBMAN

Silent Killer

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:28 AM

I liked it more than True Crim,but then agian,that's not saying much.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:35 AM

I thought the game rocked... until I played it.

Also, the second I saw "you have killed a tommy vermicelli" or whatever, I was pissed and thought "Good plan, insult a game that's a thousand f*cking times better then the one I'm playing now." then I hit eject and went back to playing GTA:VC.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:03 AM

Its a sub-par game that really puts shame on the whole Driver series as it did not evolve as games are supposed to do they just tacked on a on-foot section wihtout a second thought of making it work properly. The graphics could of been much better but its the gltiches that really let it down. I am referring to the Xbox version which I gladly traded in for SA's strategy guide which even had some mistakes so that's saying alot. I've got the demo of the PC version sitting here so I am going to test it out and see if its any better even though PCPowerplay gave it 4 out of 10 lol

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (SWEETSAPRIK @ Jun 26 2005, 04:35)
Also, the second I saw "you have killed a tommy vermicelli" or whatever, I was pissed and thought "Good plan, insult a game that's a thousand f*cking times better then the one I'm playing now."

They did that because in GTA 3, there was a guy named Tanner you had to kill, and he was a terrible driver, a Direct stab at Reflections. Anyway, I play it on PS2 (no glitches for me, thanks) and I thouroughly enjoy it. Granted, the missions were hard, but that's what cheat codes are for. tounge.gif No, I actually didn't cheat until I had beaten the game, and even then it was only to make the Take a ride mode more fun. I liked the minigames you got for killing all the Timmys.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:23 AM

Yeah but unlike Reflections Rockstar made it subtle and not as obvious or as silly as the Timmy Vercimlli character with floaties and hiding all around Miaimi. I just felt it was way too obvious and shows that they were really afraid of Rockstar taking the crown again.

Don't get me wrong its a alright game, just could of been much better.

EDIT - Ugh Driv3r on PC is worse then the console versions, the FPS jumps around like you'd never believe. 50 FPS one second and 5 or 8 fps the next. Also don't get me started on the horrible mouse aim that makes it imppossible to hit anything. Granted this is a Demo and shouldn't represent the full thing but god I ain't touching the full version.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:23 AM

Meh, it was an alright game. I hated the shooting missions though.

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:59 PM

i knew from when the game was first announced that it would suck, coz there was no WAY driver 3 could have graphics that looked so good and have a good story aswel. I also knew that the Halo 2 single player wouldn't be as great as the first one, and from what most the people at my school thought. i was right

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:25 PM

Rented it, and couldn't even finish the first level of it because the controls and gamplay were so sh*tty. -d00d

Philtheonearmedbandit
  • Philtheonearmedbandit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:36 PM

People expected a lot from this game and I don't know why. Driver has never been that good of a series anyway you didn't even have a gun in the first two, even in the new one Tanner still runs like he has a stick up his ass. This game had everything going for it except decent gameplay (and a good ending) it was insanely difficult and full of glitches.

Whoever said they haven't found any glitches, just play the mission where you're in Nice trying to leave the place where you followed that truck to, as you're going back to Calita's safehouse try and take a shortcut through the rocky outcropping nine times out of ten it will land you right in the middle of blue hell.

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Philtheonearmedbandit @ Jun 29 2005, 21:36)
Whoever said they haven't found any glitches, just play the mission where you're in Nice trying to leave the place where you followed that truck to, as you're going back to Calita's safehouse try and take a shortcut through the rocky outcropping nine times out of ten it will land you right in the middle of blue hell.

I never fell into blue hell. Look, I don't want any arguments, all I'm saying is that I thought it was great. I never suffered any problems with it, and IMO, you people are WAY too opinionated. I liked Killzone, and everyone told me "Killzone sucks, Too hard, blah, blah, blah, Glitch this, glitch that, HALO is teh best!" I mean, just because one game in a genre is really good, it doesn't mean that the other games in that genre SUCK, does it? No. angry.gif I think you need to get over yourselves.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:15 AM

I loved the first Driver. It was soo fun. Driver 2 was okay, 3 just killed it. -d00d

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Martini Racing @ Jun 30 2005, 00:01)
I never fell into blue hell. Look, I don't want any arguments, all I'm saying is that I thought it was great. I never suffered any problems with it, and IMO, you people are WAY too opinionated. I liked Killzone, and everyone told me "Killzone sucks, Too hard, blah, blah, blah, Glitch this, glitch that, HALO is teh best!" I mean, just because one game in a genre is really good, it doesn't mean that the other games in that genre SUCK, does it? No. angry.gif I think you need to get over yourselves.

Dude, chill out. You asked people for their opinion, don't get pissed with everyone that doesn't share yours.

GTA3Freak-2001's description of the X-box version fits the PS2 version as well. In my opinion Driver, and Driver 2 were both pretty good games, they just shouldn't have tried so hard to copy GTA without bothering to get it right. If they'd kept it as an "in car" game, they might not have failed so miserably. I was expecting Driver 3 to be really good, mostly because 1 and 2 were great driving games. If they'd left it at that they might have been able to put out another really good one. Driver 3 is one of the only games I've ever bought that I didn't bother to finish. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:39 AM

I'm not getting pissed at everyone who doesn't share my opinion, It just makes me mad the people instantly assume that because one game is great, then all other games SUCK ASS. Now I understand that Driv3r wasn't the best. But peoples standards are way too high, and they think that if you get shot, that the game is glitchy and it sucks. But I think you should at least give games a chance. I think the Editors of Game Informer are like everyone else. They say a game sucks if it doesn't have GTA or Halo in the title.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users