Photo

GTA-SA crashes

1 reply to this topic
Mardy
  • Mardy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:30 AM

About 25% of the time, whenever CJ enters a car or mounts a bike, my game crashes (screen freezes, and a high pitched tone is emitted). This occurs during or outside missions.

This may also happen when I am automatically placed inside a vehicle immediately after an animated scene. In these cases the screen darkens as well as freezes. Sometimes also the game crashes when I enter a gym or a restaurant.

My specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633)
Processor: AMD Duron™ processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.1GHz
Memory: 1280MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
MS Animated Office Assistant: Clippy

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:39 AM

This is the wrong section there is a whole forum dedicated to SA troubleshooting.

I am not fully sure as to why yoor game crashes. In the manual it says it wants a pentium III or athlon processor you have got a duron that could be a problem. But at the same time 1.1ghz is about the top end of a pentium III stats.

Have you got all of the latest drivers installed for your graphics card? That could also be a problem because a mx440 should run sa with the latest drivers installed but shouldn't run it with earlier drivers installed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users