American Car designers

76 replies to this topic
Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:43 PM

Part 1 GM.

So there I am, looking at the Pontiac site and I see this crime against humanity.
user posted image
Well, lets play what did the American Designer f*ck up on this car.
  • The front looks like they decided to smack two cars on each other and call it a day
  • The back, well that speaks for it self
  • Nothing is cooler than square shaped wheel arches, way to bring back the eighties guys.
Thank god they stopped making that..

Anyway, moving on to the Ponitac GTO, also known as the Holden Monaro.
Original Car:
user posted image
Pontiac Version:
user posted image
The first time I saw what the US designers did to the Monaro, I almost had to rip my eyes out with an ice cream scoop.

Round 2 of, what did the American Designer f*ck up on this car.
  • The worlds worst grill
  • The scary design on the bumper

I wont go onto the rear, but you Yanks did mess up our pretty Monaro.

NEXT.

The Pontiac Sunfire:
user posted image

Lets play Round 3 of, what did the American Designer f*ck up on this car.
  • Looks like the headlights are from a smashed up version of this car
  • Those lights in the middle look like there were trying to play "Pin the foglights on the bumper" but then got lazy and left it and made some other ones which are practicly on the side of the car.
  • The front curves look like they got an elephant to sit on the front of the car.

Next in line please.

Chevy Monte Carlo
user posted image
Round 4.
  • It's hard to describe what Chevy did to the headlights, it's got that weird circle thing in the middle.
  • There is like a 500mm gap between those two door lines. It's like they buffed the car too much and couldn't be stuffed to correct it.
  • It's a compeditor for the ugliest rear award. But sadly, the previous model Tahrus won that.
  • It's got the design cues of a 80's concept car

Well, for now that's all i've got with GM US for now. I could go on with the sad Pontiacs, but I had to throw in a Chevy to mix it up. This is only scratching the surface.

Gee, we should host a competion for the ugliest car of the year award soon. I'd say the GTO would just miss out though.

Expect Part 2 with ford, that's if I can find enough ulgy cars within the company, which shouldn't be hard. Any nommines for Ford?

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:16 PM

you know this goes both ways. i mean, what the f*ck is this:

user posted image

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:24 PM

It's called a ute. Holden VZ Commodore Ute infact. You've just seen too many gass gussling big ass trcuks there in the US tounge.gif. See, you guys in the US call the Toyota Echo too small, while we're fine with it. So, next time you fall out of you huge ass truck, think of our smaller more efficiant cars wink.gif

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Jun 24 2005, 07:24)
It's called a ute. Holden VZ Commodore Ute infact. You've just seen too many gass gussling big ass trcuks there in the US tounge.gif. See, you guys in the US call the Toyota Echo too small, while we're fine with it. So, next time you fall out of you huge ass truck, think of our smaller more efficiant cars wink.gif

f*ck the enviroment, and f*ck your little cars. i need a vehicle i can fit in. i have stepped on sh*t smaller than the toyota echo. tounge.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:33 PM

Okay. Just don't run over our cars with your trucks, thanks.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:38 PM

ok, but you guys have to start putting those little orange flags on the tops of your cars so we can see them

user posted image

turbosax05
  • turbosax05

Simply Me

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Jun 24 2005, 07:43)
It's a compeditor for the ugliest rear award. But sadly, the previous model Tahrus won that.

Excuse me, which year are you talking about, i think the only bad design on the taurus was the tailights on the last yr on the taurus with the whit plastic next to the backup light. The taurus is a good car, with great room, and depending on the motor in the car, good gas mileage, unless it is the SHO with the yamaha V8, which still gets decent gas mileage. Plus these cars are reliable if u take good care of the car. (ie: normal maitanence).

if u want to look for ugly american cars take a look at Chrysler and GM, then at Ford, the Chrysler PT Cruiser, and the Dodge Charger, which would b a better if it was either 1) only a 2door or 2) available as a 2door, because a 4 door is a rape of the charger name. Both of the forementioned are ugly as sh*t.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:28 PM

I actually think that the GTO looks way better than the Monaro does, but I wouldn't say that either of those cars are ugly.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (turbosax05 @ Jun 25 2005, 00:34)
It's a compeditor for the ugliest rear award. But sadly, the previous model Tahrus won that.

Excuse me, which year are you talking about, i think the only bad design on the taurus was the tailights on the last yr on the taurus with the whit plastic next to the backup light. The taurus is a good car, with great room, and depending on the motor in the car, good gas mileage, unless it is the SHO with the yamaha V8, which still gets decent gas mileage. Plus these cars are reliable if u take good care of the car. (ie: normal maitanence).

if u want to look for ugly american cars take a look at Chrysler and GM, then at Ford, the Chrysler PT Cruiser, and the Dodge Charger, which would b a better if it was either 1) only a 2door or 2) available as a 2door, because a 4 door is a rape of the charger name. Both of the forementioned are ugly as sh*t.

The double bug eyed one. It's to damn round-ish.

@CLC imo, I think the grill just plan sucks on the GTO.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (SIP_YEK_NOD @ Jun 24 2005, 23:00)

f*ck the enviroment, and f*ck your little cars. i need a vehicle i can fit in. i have stepped on sh*t smaller than the toyota echo. tounge.gif

Maybe if you guys would stop eating so much you wouldn't need huge vehicles to fit in tounge.gif

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:58 AM

One of the main reasons I love SUV's so much is the fact that I'm so damn comfortable in them. I mean, why would I want to drive some little car with bucket's when I can sit in a heated captians chair with arm rests. That's one of the main things I'd look for when buying a car.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN I WOULDN'T DRIVE A FERRARI OR A PORSCHE. turn.gif

Touge
  • Touge

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:28 PM Edited by Touge, 25 June 2005 - 12:36 PM.

I actually don't mind the look of the new GTO, the new Monaro kinda looks to conservative to be a successor to the Monaro's of decades past. Then again, the same can be said for the GTO which in my opinion still looks tougher than the Monaro. Especially now the new Monaro's got that ugly grille.

EDIT: I love the look of HSV's but the newer they get the less they do for me confused.gif They still look kinda cool but don't really strike me as much as some of the older one's did. I mean, you can only re-invent an Opel Omega so many times before it loses it's appeal tounge.gif

turbosax05
  • turbosax05

Simply Me

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Jun 24 2005, 22:03)
QUOTE (turbosax05 @ Jun 25 2005, 00:34)

The double bug eyed one. It's to damn round-ish.

@CLC imo, I think the grill just plan sucks on the GTO.

well here is a pic of the australian taurus followed by an american taurus Sorry if they are too big

user posted image
Australian

user posted image
American

Kinda looks like they crossed the Mercury Sable with the Taurus down there in Australia, and I like the taurus, but i think its a bit on the ugly side.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:58 PM

That's the one i'm on about. If you take a look at the rear, it's rounded like no tomorrow.

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:42 PM

So you didnt like 4/5 cars and so blame it on designers? I'd have just shrugged it off due to personal opinion, cos er..they dont exactly make cars just for you.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Jun 25 2005, 16:58)
That's the one i'm on about. If you take a look at the rear, it's rounded like no tomorrow.

Wow, Cran., your Taurus is so much better than ours. dozingoff.gif

Chevy
  • Chevy

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (turbosax05 @ Jun 25 2005, 13:44)
user posted image

Holy sh*t! Its a Taurble! suicidal.gif

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:58 PM

Coming from the guys whose countries car company raped the Monaro.

ViceDog
  • ViceDog

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Chunky Lee Chong @ Jun 25 2005, 17:12)
QUOTE (Cran. @ Jun 25 2005, 16:58)

Wow, Cran., your Taurus is so much better than ours. dozingoff.gif

Haha how ironic.
Complaining about the car when there is no difference tounge.gif

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (mr_ed @ Jun 25 2005, 19:58)
Coming from the guys whose countries car company raped the Monaro.

I'd LOVE to see you guys come up with your own engine.

Come on, go ahead.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Jun 24 2005, 21:57)
QUOTE (SIP_YEK_NOD @ Jun 24 2005, 23:00)

Maybe if you guys would stop eating so much you wouldn't need huge vehicles to fit in tounge.gif

i am sure my "eating so much" is the reason i cant fit into small cars. i always thought it was because i was 6'8 but i guess i am wrong. i will start dieting, maybe i will shrink blink.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:33 AM

Okay, Okay. I know the Australian one is just as ugly. But I still like some American cars (For example the Mustangs), but with every market there are some ugly cars. I'm just showing these. I guess sip can pay out Aussie cars all he wants, because i'm paying out American cars. Oh, we do make our own engines. It's called the Alloytec, and you guys are even using it in your cars. We also used to make all of our engines before GM bought Holden.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 03:43 AM

I think they both are as ugly as f*ck, there that's settled tounge.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Jun 26 2005, 14:13)
I think they both are as ugly as f*ck, there that's settled tounge.gif

Amen to that brother.

lySdEXiA
  • lySdEXiA

3rd Gear and a Ham Sandwich

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:35 AM

wow, i looked at the aussie cars topic first, thought it was stupid. then i looked at this one, and ive decided that SIP_YEK_NOD is a dumbass for starting the aus one. take a look at the cars in this thread, then the aussie ones. then look again. if your eyes havent started bleeding yet look one more time. the aussie cars are ugly. but these american ones, OH MY GOD. horrible. horrible horible horrible. and thats coming from someone that drives an ugly as f*ck car. ..<3

tommygun1
  • tommygun1

The Old Don

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:06 AM

Guys, you complain about American car designers, but I've heard some pretty screwed up European ideas too. Case and point, I don't remember which company it was, but they were going to have to make a car that was designed for women and because of such, had a hood that could ONLY be opened by a special tool that only dealership mechanics had. Uh... Dumb.

Also, you may think we say some of your trucks are too small, but for some jobs they are. I live in the Southeast of America. All those swamps you guys see on the horror movies - I live almost in them. We know something about needing power and traction, because there are plenty of times where you can't even leave home if you don't have 4wd. In the end, cars like my swamp bogger Suzuki can go all over the place down here, but when it does get stuck, those gas guzzling suv's can com in handy if they have a winch, or at least a chain.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:22 AM

Stop calling them trucks! Its like calling a Koala a Bear which it isn't. tounge.gif

I know that in some parts you need big powerful trucks but generally people only have these big Pick-ups/SUV's things because they are big even though they drive around town and never ever take it offroad.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:34 AM

The only reason people buy the big-ass trucks is because they're fun to drive and they're cheap. Seriously, you get a huge V8 for a lot cheaper than a sports car with a V8.

lySdEXiA
  • lySdEXiA

3rd Gear and a Ham Sandwich

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:51 PM

except theyre slower than a sports car and completely different to drive... ..<3

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (lySdEXiA @ Jun 26 2005, 10:51)
except theyre slower than a sports car and completely different to drive... ..<3

but they can go places sports cars cant. lets see your sports car go off-roading, or jump a curb to get out of a parking lot full of morons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users