Photo

GENERAL GTA:LC CHAT

1,007 replies to this topic
Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

If someone can provide an mp3 of the ps2 file, I'd be willing to include it in a future version, should it be released of course. That song is too good to be left out. I'm guessing it was removed due to some licensing issues.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

Why not use XBOX ones? They're much better quality compared to PC and PS2.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

See above, it was removed from all versions after the original release.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

Yeah, I see. But PS2 version has worse quality at all, so I'd stay with XBOX radios + pasted missing song from PS2 (how it's done in GTA III Xbox mod).

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

PS 2 had also some other slight difference, right? IIRC there where no cardboard boxes in the alley with the star between St. Marks and Portland View. Also some other minor differences. LC exe should have an option to un PS2-style. Without the cardboard boxes you can speed full ahead through the alley for more fast-paced action. My 2 cents.

I could offer you guys an old .asi with which to include xbox fire and explosion effects. I have that one already, the only difficulty is in having to guess the proper particle parameters so that it looks and feels right.

Alex

PS Hi Steavor! biggrin.gif

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:53 PM Edited by SteaVor, 19 August 2011 - 09:19 PM.

Hi, AK! *waves*

Actually, for many years replacing both CLASS.wav and FLASH.wav with custom versions has always been the first thing I did after each and every installation of a version of either GTA3 or GTA:LC. (Double Clef is missing 'O mio babbino caro' in all but the earliest releases of GTA3, while on Flashback FM Toni was supposed to say 'on the Duran Duran tour bus', but the only trace of her actually saying 'Duran Duran' is a snippet on the GTA3 flash website which I re-integrated into my version of Flashback). I prefer to play the game as close to the original vision of R* as possible. tounge.gif But I still need to integrate the unaltered ads ofered on the R* Advertising Council website (the Ammunation ad referring to Saddam Hussein instead of Australia, for example!) into my files.

As for the cardboard boxes in the alley - I prefer them staying there, as it makes for a more satisfying experience if you manage to race through the alley without touching and being slowed down by the obstacles in your path.

I was testing Beta3.2 extensively many months ago and it was pretty stable and usable already (aside from the strange phenomenon of nearby street lights randomly falling to the ground even though you didn't touch them at all). Now when I tried to launch the game just a few minutes ago, either Windows 7 or the gta-vc executable took offense to the dinput8.dll and refused to start as long as that DLL was present. cryani.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Friday, Aug 19 2011, 22:53)
But I still need to integrate the unaltered ads ofered on the R* Advertising Council website (the Ammunation ad referring to Saddam Hussein instead of Australia, for example!) into my files.

I never heard about this, wow tounge.gif

Anyway, I have a question. Is it possible to achieve 100% for now? Because I treat this mod as GTA: III now and I'm completing it instead of the original game. However, does Airport Aggression bug I posted recently prevent me from getting 100%?

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

No, you should be able to reach 100% just fine. Airport Aggression is just a bonus and doesn't affect your completion percentage. Also, I'm not aware of a bug preventing you from completing any of the missions required for 100%, so you should be good to go.

PS: I only very recently learned about the Advertising Council website and was pleased to see that they promised to provide the uncensored versions of their classic ads there.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

I did complete Beta 3.1 to 100% when it was released.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

So far as I know there is still an empty building in Staunton!!!And the dodo is too light and has short wings!

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:33 AM

Please somebody help me with the crash. I installed gta liberty city 3.1 mod on clean vice-city(without any mods), also installed all sounds from the separate folder which i needed to downlad after folder with the mod. At whole, i installed all of it right but when start the new game, there appears crash on the half of loading, how can i remove this bug?

SugarD-x
  • SugarD-x

GTA Fanatic!!!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Swoorup @ Monday, Aug 22 2011, 10:40)
So far as I know there is still an empty building in Staunton!!!And the dodo is too light and has short wings!

This is because the GTA III Dodo is made that way. wink.gif

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

"Too light" might refer to the Dodo being given the RC Baron handling. This is the first time I've read a complaint that it should handle as bad as in "III"--most complaints have been the other way around.

What building is empty in Staunton?

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:17 AM

user posted image

countergame
  • countergame

Your member title is shown beside posts you make

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (AK-73 @ Monday, Aug 15 2011, 07:05)
I think I remember me talking to him about it. So are his files completely lost or is he just offline?

Craig - would you mind comparing track lengths for me? I suspect it might be a German edition thingy.

chat.wav 58:04 min
rise 26:08
msx 25:00
head 23:26
game 15:44
class 20:36
lips 20:07
kjah 19:04
flash 18:46

And while I'm at it:
police 16:30
water 10:32
city 10:00

Alex

Only YouTube Blocks Songs in Germany, it don't have to mean that some songs in GTA are removed.. There are no Songs removed, they're all the same..

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

Please somebody help me with the crash. I installed gta liberty city 3.1 mod on clean vice-city(without any mods), also installed all sounds from the separate folder which i needed to downlad after folder with the mod. At whole, i installed all of it right but when start the new game, there appears crash on the half of loading, how can i remove this bug?

Choofy
  • Choofy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:59 AM

Commendable effort that its still going and aiming for perfection guys. Keep it up smile.gif

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (Swoorup @ Sunday, Aug 28 2011, 06:17)
user posted image

Here's the dff fix by Choffy for the hole in building in staunton
Hope you will implement in beta 3.2
http://www.mediafire...atifvj7fw1nll#1

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

Guy's can you give memory address relating to physical water and traffic?

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

It's been a long time...

First off, I'd like to apologise for my long absence. As some of you know my system decided to pack itself in, which has unfortunately resulted in me losing the most recent work I did (getting rid of the launcher for a dinput8.dll containing all hooks). The most recent source code I have is the problematic IIItoVC.

I'll keep this short (I feel like I've said it all before). I'd like to get this done. It'll take me some time to get back into the swing of things. Speaking of time, I have little to spare, so I can't promise that I'll complete what needs to be done any time soon.

Hope you all had a nice Christmas, and here's to a Happy New Year!

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Tuesday, Dec 27 2011, 20:10)
It's been a long time...

First off, I'd like to apologise for my long absence. As some of you know my system decided to pack itself in, which has unfortunately resulted in me losing the most recent work I did (getting rid of the launcher for a dinput8.dll containing all hooks). The most recent source code I have is the problematic IIItoVC.

I'll keep this short (I feel like I've said it all before). I'd like to get this done. It'll take me some time to get back into the swing of things. Speaking of time, I have little to spare, so I can't promise that I'll complete what needs to be done any time soon.

Hope you all had a nice Christmas, and here's to a Happy New Year!

I have a tightly packed semester but if I can lend a hand, feel free to contact me.

Alex

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

Great to hear from you ModelingMan! Feel free to hit me up with any questions/suggestions you may have when you get the time to get started again. I can't guarantee I'll have lots of time to help out or test files, but I will get back to you as soon as my time does permit.

As far as time goes, you have as much time as you possibly need. I doubt that anyone at GTAF would kick us out of here and I feel no need to rush you into getting things done faster than you're comfortable with. People have been patient so far, I think they will continue to do so.

And finally, since I may not have time to test files out, I have no problem opening this back up to a public testing ground whenever you update files. I can give you direct access to the LC FTP server (assuming it's still up and I can find that username/password). Nothing would get activity going here like having new files to bug test.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

Welcome back, ModelingMan! cookie.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

Great to see you again, even considering I'm not in the team tounge.gif
I'm still playing it and I'd love to see an update. I think I'd be even able to help somehow. For instance, I'd make a special version of PS2 Loadscreens plugin for that (IF GTA: LC somehow messes with loading texures displaying).

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

tounge.gif

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

Happy New Year folks, all the best for 2012.

Good news. I managed to find some sources of the dinput8 hook, not the best but it's a good place to start.

I'm basically going to continue from what I have. I still have a to-do list stored in my PM inbox which is good. If there are any other problems which have arisen during my absence then please let me know.

I have the week of the 23rd off work, so I'll be able to dedicate a considerable amount of time on this then.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:30 AM

Good to hear! I look forward to testing again when time permits. That's usually when I can put off sleeping for a while longer.

Edit: woah, I just noticed the cool new forum leader pip under my name. Nice. I also noticed it is not under mm's name. So if you want the power back, just let me know and I'll nudge an admin.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

It's good to see this place being more active again.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:36 PM Edited by SilentPL, 07 January 2012 - 12:46 PM.

Shall I post a lil' suggestion here?

How about adding Echo/Premier to the mod? I think it would be a nice add-on. I already have this car in the game and it fits LC perfectly (well, can't be different, as it's regular GTA car tounge.gif).

BTW. Is SCM source still using low-level constructs?

Edit:
Is Polish translation accessable in any way, or I'd have to replace fonts with fontspl and any language with Polish? Basing on my SA knowledge, it shouldn't be very hard to make game load different TXD after changing the language from menu (you wouldn't have to use "Use Russian language" tick in the launcher then).

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

I had problems starting the latest beta version with a non-standard exe.

Alex

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users