» «
Photo

GENERAL GTA:LC CHAT

1,009 replies to this topic
SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:11 PM Edited by SomeGuy86, 08 April 2011 - 08:22 PM.

QUOTE (bammargera @ Apr 8 2011, 16:51)
QUOTE (SomeGuy86 @ Apr 8 2011, 12:33)
I have a question for you, Craig Kostelecky, and other GTA: LC development team... While you guys have been converting III models into VC, have you converted ALL the models, including the unused ones?
Not sure if you guys remember character Novy (or something like that), I remember Demarest talking about him. Anyway, he was supposed to be main character, player for the III, but got replaced with Claude later. There's still a model somewhere in IMG archive, which is why I'm curious have you guys converted him too, or only stock, "playable" models?

Not a team member, but AFAIK looking through the files he wasn't converted as he wasn't needed. However the info you got about him being the original protag is complete bunkum, he is a German musician who also had a song in the beta version of III, and can be heard in one of the trailers. To confirm this:

as well as the fact Claude is clearly present in the very early screens of GTA III.

Well to tell you the truth, I never bothered to check that info, but I do remember Dem talking about him... Will see if I can still dig up his post smile.gif
Oh, and thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

EDIT
OK, I got it! Not from Demarest though, but I knew I've seen it somewhere, and i believe it was Dem who pointed me out in that direction back then!
Take a look at THIS article wink.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

Yeah honestly http://gta.wikia.com is about as reliable as an absorbent umbrella. All the info on there is added by fans, and therefore a lot of it is misguided rumors. Also, if you look at the Novy file it looks as if it was made and fits into the way GTA III turned out, which would mean his model was made after this screenshot
user posted image

and you can clearly see, although very different, that Claude existed way before the Novy model wink.gif

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Apr 8 2011, 20:50)
Yeah honestly http://gta.wikia.com is about as reliable as an absorbent umbrella. All the info on there is added by fans, and therefore a lot of it is misguided rumors. Also, if you look at the Novy file it looks as if it was made and fits into the way GTA III turned out, which would mean his model was made after this screenshot

and you can clearly see, although very different, that Claude existed way before the Novy model wink.gif

LOL, ok then. Unfortunately, I don't remember much info from III any longer, but it's always interesting to explore hidden content within III and VC, even after all these years smile.gif

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

Hey Craig I want to combine GTA LC mod with vice city map. I have deleted the bistro and dolorean maps from the LC.I have also removed lines and deleted the models and collision files from generic.ide of GTA LC mod to make easy for adding Vice city map. But whenever i add the docks part of the vice city map(docks.ide,docks.ipl,docks.col) in the gta_vc.dat file. The game crashes when the loading bar is at the middle. I have rearranged the model ID in IDEs and IPLs and i also renamed the duplicate models used by LC. I have all the required models and collisions files to the right location. The thing is i cant just get it to work. All the map show up correctly in Ked but the game wont run. I already used limit adjuster also.please help me!!!!

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

Sorry, I'm not the guy to fix your problem. My work on this mod was much more focused on the coding files. I am not good at all at mapping questions.

Didn't someone else already make a mod with both VC and LC in the same map?

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:04 AM

Yes someone already has. The GTA sol ver 46 contains both VC and LC but no SA but i want to make it myself.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Good luck.

Maybe you can reverse the process and start with VC and add LC to it. I don't know if it will be any different, but it may be worth a try if you're still stuck.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:53 PM Edited by Swoorup, 30 June 2011 - 04:04 PM.

Its the same both ways. Anyways I figured out my problem by help of X-seti. The game crashed due to same model defined twice in the ID file. GTA-LC' generic.ide file caused a lot of errors when adding new maps. Why didnot your team fixed it sir? Please sir can you help in getting some vice city validation tools and its source code. I am good at VB6. the turnipfan site is down.My email address is [email protected]
EDIT:PHEW finally got it working but i need validation tools

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

Oh Craig has taken back over from SteaVor? Man, I haven't been around for a long time.

What's the state of the mod? Anything that needs to be done right now? Not sure how much time I'll have but... yeah.

Alex

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

Is this mod dead?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

This project has gone through many high and low points of development over its life. It seems the only time work gets done is if an old, veteran team member gets the desire to start up again. There's been very little new blood in this mod for quite some time. Part of that may have been my fault as I wasn't willing to dedicate the time to groom new members and guide them on how to do what needs to be done. And I also reached a point where everything that I knew how to do was done.

The problem right now is there's only one guy who knows how some specific files work and his computer died several moons ago and he is not even online anymore. ModelingMan made some significant advances in the short time he worked on things again before his computer died.

Beta 3.1 is the most stable release and it's pretty damn close to being complete.

Beta 3.2 is what ModelingMan was working on. There were some major additions, though right now all I can think of is he successfully figured out how to convert the cutscene heads from GTA3. That looked really cool in game after seeing just static faces for so long. However, his files were a work-in-progress and several new (minor) bugs still existed. So I was never comfortable releasing 3.2.

To make things even worse, my computer has pretty much died and I just have my work laptop and iPad to use on a daily basis. So I can't even play it right now, let alone mod it.

So is the mod dead? No. The day may come that ModelingMan returns and finishes his work. As long as gtaforums allows us to stay here, there's always a chance the project can be revived and finished. There's also the chance someone could take MM's files and reverse engineer them to complete it for him. Is this mod currently in a coma? Yeah, I'd concede that. However if this mod is finished and nothing is ever updated again, I stand by it proudly and would play it over GTA3 any day. There are only minor bugs and you can complete the game to 100%. Many years went into this mod from scores of people. And I'm very happy of our team's work.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:20 PM Edited by Swoorup, 09 August 2011 - 01:23 PM.

I think project should now include more features in VC engine

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

This project is completely open. If anybody wants to add anything to it and then call it their own, go right ahead. Our goal was to make this mod just like it was from Rockstar itself. It was to be just a "base" that anybody else can expand on.

So go ahead!

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

This means this mod is complete?

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:08 AM

I don't think so, cause i have a few bugs

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:51 AM Edited by Swoorup, 12 August 2011 - 03:50 AM.

Moved here http://www.gtaforums...T&f=17&t=484263

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

Please post that in the III Other forum instead of here.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:10 AM

I have (or had) a very far reaching understanding of how the GTA VC engine works. I have coded weather and traffic mods and extended VC functionality to allow for new martial arts moves (including those from GTA3) uploaded to gtagarage. I have a fairly well documented ollydbg file of gta vc (which I wouldn't make public (because its reverse engineering after all). I also cracked the GTA3 xbox compression and I wrote the mdl importer for LCS. I think whatever problem there is, I could solve it.

Problems are that I didn't do GTA modding in some time and I don't know how much time I have.

So if there is anything important that needs to be done, I can have a look into it but I can't make any promises depending on time.

Alex

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:34 AM

I remember the work you did Alex and was very impressed with it. Unfortunately I do not have access to my desktop where the files were. But I think the location of the beta 3.2 files is the same as the 3.1 location, but with a 2 instead of a 1 in the link. There may even be an update file too. Again it would be the same link as the old one with the next number up. I didn't really hide the files. You may want to take a look at it and see if you can reverse engineer what ModelingMan did with the asi files.

Please let me know if you found the files.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:39 AM

Sir, What were the changes in beta 3.2 compared to 3.1?

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:12 AM

Yeah, I got it. Lol, I had to get LC working again to begin with, fortunately that's easy if you have VC installed. Oh and I had to install the audio files, for whatever reason I hadn't done so with the old installation.

Speaking of which... I notice that my Double Cleff FM .wav doesn't include the rendition of O mio babbino caro... is this standard for PC? turn.gif

Anyway - got to do some copying now to see if I can get 3.2 beta running.

Alex

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (Swoorup @ Friday, Aug 12 2011, 23:39)
Sir, What were the changes in beta 3.2 compared to 3.1?

Sorry, I do not recall many of the changes. ModelingMan was redoing the back-end, exe altering files to make things better in the end and eliminate the need for the gta-LC.exe file. Unfortunately, the progress stopped in the middle, so it's not stable.

Alex,it's possible it was removed for the pc version. First I've heard about it though.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

It doesn't work with non-American exes. I do have an American .exe too (I had been given the .exe zip by I don't know who back then for development purposes) but it does not work with my CD. No-CD .exe doesn't work either.

In short, it tells me that the LC asi can't increase the number of zones, then fails. A check of the archive reveals that the error is version related. Doesn't the latest LC version work with all exes? Or maybe I have been too long out of it and am overlooking something?

Alex

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

The gta-LC.exe did. I don't think mm converted that part yet.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

Dang. Well if I can work on something from an older version of LC...

Alex

PS I've always been in favour of requiring as much open source as possible for a project like this.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

MM intended to provide the source. His crash was very unexpected.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

I think I remember me talking to him about it. So are his files completely lost or is he just offline?

Craig - would you mind comparing track lengths for me? I suspect it might be a German edition thingy.

chat.wav 58:04 min
rise 26:08
msx 25:00
head 23:26
game 15:44
class 20:36
lips 20:07
kjah 19:04
flash 18:46

And while I'm at it:
police 16:30
water 10:32
city 10:00

Alex

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Craig can you tell me what changes the IIItoVC.asi does? Because when i deleted it the game still works. I deleted because i was using an old asi and i could not use any of the GTA3 nor vice city cheats in-game.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Yes, that file adds the opcodes that were in GTA3, but were removed from Vice City. It is necessary to play many missions.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

'O mio babbino caro' was only included in the PS2 version of GTAIII and was replaced with an additional ad for all PC and Xbox versions for reasons unknown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users