GENERAL GTA:LC CHAT

1,009 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Apr 22 2007, 20:28)
Attention, VC:Traffic users! If you're using high values for ped density, you'll get rendering problems on your minimap on taxi missions - the game can't decide which ped to choose, so the green triangle will appear flickering (between two or more locations). The higher the density values, the higher the possibility that this will happen. I thought that it would only happen with values like 9.x or more, but I learned that it can even happen with the default values (0.8|0.7|... and so on). So don't be surprised if it happens to you.

Hmmm, perhaps it would be best then if we reverted back to the original VC settings. That should solve this problem, and get more accurate density levels. That still leaves the fleeing problem though.

Thanks - good work icon14.gif .

HackMan128
  • HackMan128

alovelyday

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:10 PM

Why water is in 50% transparent in gta lc - not just like gta 3.
I can made water no transparent just like in original gta 3.
This need changes in Timecyc.dat last column. whatsthat.gif

And why in gta lc traffic lights still don't have text "walk" "don't walk!" cryani.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:13 AM

I was under the impression the water transparency was fixed long ago confused.gif . You say that it's influenced by the value(s) in the last column of timecyc.dat - perhaps AK-73's weather module overwrote the fix?

Would it be possible for you to post some comparison screenshots please? smile.gif

As for the traffic lights - it's possible that bug has never been reported. I'll add it to the checklist in general issues, because I'm not sure exactly what category it falls under.

Thanks smile.gif .

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Apr 25 2007, 01:13)
As for the traffic lights - it's possible that bug has never been reported. I'll add it to the checklist in general issues, because I'm not sure exactly what category it falls under.

That would be a graphics issue, since it's an "animated texture" kind of thing. Should be an easy fix to be honest.

I'll probably be idle for a few weeks; this year of uni is coming to a close and I have a crap load of coursework to do and studying for exams also, and to be honest I haven't been doing well at uni because of other stuff, but hey that's the difficulties of life eh? I'll get by eventually lol. So the exams will probably finish roughly mid to the end of May then the next year starts in October so I could probably squeeze in quite a bit of free time over the coming months to work on IIItoVC and what not...

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:45 AM

Rightio mate, no worries. Do what you've gotta do - heck, I haven't been much of a leader because I'm dedicating more time to uni work tounge.gif . My next holidays I shouldn't have any uni work, so hopefully I'll be able to do some testing or something then (that'll be around the beginning of July).

But yeah, anything you can do would be appreciated smile.gif .

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:49 PM Edited by SteaVor, 26 April 2007 - 05:29 PM.

3-28 (GML restart problem) has been fixed, the mission restart now works exactly as in GTA3.

I did fix another , very minor GML bug (it only appears if you're failing the mission if you've been in the hideout already): 8Ball wasn't running to the car, but walking when he was on his way to the car at the hideout.

You didn't list the Mr. Whoopee audio bug in the list. The jingle is supposed to continue playing if you're leaving the car, bu at the moment the sound stops playing as soon as the exit animation has finished.
This can be fixed through EXE or through SCM coding (though that wouldn't be as efficient as the mem hacking method)

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:47 PM

I've crossed 3-28 off the list. And the Mr Whoopee bug was already listed in the audio section - 9-4. I'll move it up to the EXE section as well wink.gif .

Thanks.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ Apr 26 2007, 21:47)
I've crossed 3-28 off the list.  And the Mr Whoopee bug was already listed in the audio section - 9-4.  I'll move it up to the EXE section as well wink.gif .

Thanks.

Wrt water transparency - very well possible. The timecyc.dat I used was from an older LC version (because that's the only version I had) - I gave it a quick glance and the numbers seemed to be right (equal to GTA3s) so I assumed the file was properly converted. Just compare the post-VC:Weather timecyc.dat with the pre-VC:Weather timecyc.dat (of LC) and correct any changes except for the ambient and obj_amb columns (the first ones). Ambient value controls lighting of world geometry and amb_obj of actors and vehicles. These should be as in the timecyc.dat I delivered.

I am sure (and hope) you have a pre-VC:Weather timecyc.dat on archive somewhere to restore any mess-up this has introduced. Sorry. smile.gif
Alex

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:04 PM

OK, as Alex has already stated there must be an error in the vc_traffic.cfg that prevents the mod from working correctly. It's necessary to adjust some of the values (yardies...) anyhow to match GTA3's behaviour.
Checklist bug 5-12 isn't relevant anymore, the changed camera angle fixes the problem. 5-17 and 5-18 were referring to the faulty fence model that has since been reverted.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (AK-73 @ Apr 28 2007, 01:44)
QUOTE (Ben @ Apr 26 2007, 21:47)
I've crossed 3-28 off the list.  And the Mr Whoopee bug was already listed in the audio section - 9-4.  I'll move it up to the EXE section as well wink.gif .

Thanks.

Wrt water transparency - very well possible. The timecyc.dat I used was from an older LC version (because that's the only version I had) - I gave it a quick glance and the numbers seemed to be right (equal to GTA3s) so I assumed the file was properly converted. Just compare the post-VC:Weather timecyc.dat with the pre-VC:Weather timecyc.dat (of LC) and correct any changes except for the ambient and obj_amb columns (the first ones). Ambient value controls lighting of world geometry and amb_obj of actors and vehicles. These should be as in the timecyc.dat I delivered.

I am sure (and hope) you have a pre-VC:Weather timecyc.dat on archive somewhere to restore any mess-up this has introduced. Sorry. smile.gif
Alex

I think I've still got a copy of the v6 installer on my PC (or maybe a pre-VC:Weather v7) somewhere, so I'll dig the timecyc out of there and fix it up. I'll release it with Kon's prostitute fix, and the updated VC:Traffic when you get that done.

I'll also double check to make sure that all the data is correct (including no messed up lines with only tabs in them, or anything else that's likely to mess up the VC:Weather CFG the same way I messed up the traffic one tounge.gif ).

Thanks smile.gif .

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Apr 28 2007, 06:04)
OK, as Alex has already stated there must be an error in the vc_traffic.cfg that prevents the mod from working correctly. It's necessary to adjust some of the values (yardies...) anyhow to match GTA3's behaviour.
Checklist bug 5-12 isn't relevant anymore, the changed camera angle fixes the problem. 5-17 and 5-18 were referring to the faulty fence model that has since been reverted.

Thanks, I've crossed them off the list too icon14.gif .

As for the VC:Traffic stuff - I'm pretty sure I know all the things that I need to change in the current LC CFG to have it working properly now. As I said in the bugs topic, I'll just wait til Alex releases his next update for it (with the taxi mission fix and any other fixes).

smile.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

i was just wonderin in gta 3 you could blast the limbs off of a ped and they would stay on the ground which i found hilarious... is there any way you guys could do this as vice city doesnt have this.

space_einstein
  • space_einstein

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:50 AM Edited by space_einstein, 12 May 2007 - 02:56 AM.

Since I use my original account from time to time, can someone make two links to me in "Meet the Team" topic?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (space_einstein @ May 12 2007, 12:50)
Since I use my original account from time to time, can someone make two links to me in "Meet the Team" topic?

Done icon14.gif . I've made a note for myself to update the Readme as well when I get a chance smile.gif .

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:26 AM Edited by ITBTD, 08 June 2007 - 04:53 PM.

for now, im going to not be able to repot many bugs anymore because i cant use my computer and im on my lap top. due to the type of lap top i have, i can only use GTA:LC BETA1 cry.gif because the game crashes in any other version. ill try to find bugs that havnt been found yet. i wish i could use v7. ive found many bugs befor but not any more suicidal.gif .

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:55 AM

Well, I've just gone exactly 27 hours without power, and I must say, it is sh*t. To put it bluntly. I'm sure there's people who have wild storms as a regular occurrance, but for me, it was something new. And I don't really want to relive it - it was an inconvenience (to say the least), and cleaning up is potentially going to be too expensive (the wind ripped my steel back gate off its frame, and that'll need to be replaced). Power's not long been restored, so I figured I'd make the most of it and bitch about my woes tounge.gif .

Another new experience was witnessing a bulk carrier beach itself 200m offshore. I'm sure there's pictures of it on the net by now - Google Pasha Bulker and I'm sure you'll find it.

So yeah, that was my excitement for the weekend. Now I can hopefully start studying for my exams this week (without power, I couldn't access my notes which are on my laptop, which had no battery power left).

*sigh*

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

• Members

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ Jun 9 2007, 04:55)
Well, I've just gone exactly 27 hours without power, and I must say, it is sh*t.  To put it bluntly.  I'm sure there's people who have wild storms as a regular occurrance, but for me, it was something new.  And I don't really want to relive it - it was an inconvenience (to say the least), and cleaning up is potentially going to be too expensive (the wind ripped my steel back gate off its frame, and that'll need to be replaced).  Power's not long been restored, so I figured I'd make the most of it and bitch about my woes tounge.gif .

Another new experience was witnessing a bulk carrier beach itself 200m offshore.  I'm sure there's pictures of it on the net by now - Google Pasha Bulker and I'm sure you'll find it.

So yeah, that was my excitement for the weekend.  Now I can hopefully start studying for my exams this week (without power, I couldn't access my notes which are on my laptop, which had no battery power left).

*sigh*

lol.gif im so glad i dont live some where this sort of thing happens tounge.gif

skillzillax
  • skillzillax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:05 PM

im looking for a 100% savegame for vaice citys LC mod, could someone hook me up

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:48 PM Edited by ITBTD, 10 June 2007 - 05:08 PM.

QUOTE (skillzillax @ Jun 10 2007, 05:05)
im looking for a 100% savegame for vaice citys LC mod, could someone hook me up

i dont thimk so bacaus the main.scm is constantly being changed, look in the FAQ TOPIC.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:21 AM

Pardon me, but I have nothing to say!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jun 16 2007, 12:21)

Good. You're not welcome to say anything until you start contributing again!

tounge.gif

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jun 16 2007, 02:21)

Except for stating that you have nothing to say, I take it? Lol! smile.gif

I take it (having nothing to say) is the price of having a girl-friend? wink.gif If so... congratulations... you're a man now. wink.gif

Alex

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:01 PM

I really hate using beta 1!!! cryani.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:55 AM

There's a new package with all the latest files online. Head over to the download topic, and be sure to read about it (including the readme included).

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

Hi everyone. You may have been wondering why I haven't posted anything for over a month. The answer is simple - exams. This wrapped up my 4th year on a law school. The next one is going to be final. I'll have a sh*tload of work on my hands and very little free time. What part of that time I'll spend on my computer, I'd rather just play games than mod them.
Simply put: I retire from GTA LC.
I wish you guys the very best of luck. LC is still the best and biggest GTA modding project, even though it's for an old installment. I've enjoyed the two years working on it (jeez, has it really been that long ?!) and I hope it will be finished one day. I don't think I'll be missed, anyway - SteaVor is a much better SCMer than me, and can handle all the coding work.
I may still drop in here sometime, just don't expect me to contribute. Feel free to call me a traitor smile.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:13 PM

Pot calls kettle black

Thanks for everything you've done Kon. You have helped out a lot. May your retirement be much shorter than mine has.

Speaking of my retirement, I just moved into a new apartment and I don't plan on spending much time on my computer while being here. So you can expect even less than my almost nothing contributions lately. Ha ha. anuj_cop.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Jul 2 2007, 19:26)
Hi everyone. You may have been wondering why I haven't posted anything for over a month. The answer is simple - exams. This wrapped up my 4th year on a law school. The next one is going to be final. I'll have a sh*tload of work on my hands and very little free time. What part of that time I'll spend on my computer, I'd rather just play games than mod them.
Simply put: I retire from GTA LC.
I wish you guys the very best of luck. LC is still the best and biggest GTA modding project, even though it's for an old installment. I've enjoyed the two years working on it (jeez, has it really been that long ?!) and I hope it will be finished one day. I don't think I'll be missed, anyway - SteaVor is a much better SCMer than me, and can handle all the coding work.
I may still drop in here sometime, just don't expect me to contribute. Feel free to call me a traitor smile.gif

Traitor tounge.gif .

Nah, thanks for all the help you've provided with the mod. You continue to be modest about your contributions, despite mine and Craig's protests over the two years you've been here anuj_cop.gif . You were pretty much my go-to guy though - if there was something I wanted checked or if I wanted another opinion, you were the guy to ask. Fortunately SteaVor looks set to fill in for you, which is just as well, because there'd be trouble for you otherwise tounge.gif .

Don't be gone too long though - I expect you to send me a completed version of the mod by the end of the year lol.gif .

All the best mate smile.gif .

@Craig - sounds good mate, all the best for you too. Make sure you DO drop in from time-to-time though, even if it's just to say hi smile.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ Jul 2 2007, 23:11)
Don't be gone too long though - I expect you to send me a completed version of the mod by the end of the year lol.gif .

Sorry ben, but when I said 'retire' I meant permanently. Or at least until I get my degree, which should be autumn 2008. If LC isn't finished by then, I promise to return. Hell, I promise to work twice as hard for half the salary. smile.gif Just please don't intentionally delay it because of me biggrin.gif

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:00 PM Edited by SteaVor, 04 July 2007 - 04:07 PM.

Kon, I surely didn't want you to return just to be forced to read that you're quitting for good! anuj_cop.gif You even forced me to take a break from my break... Good luck nevertheless! I'm sure you'll need it!

Short note: I merely skimmed over the various new posts here, I did NOT watch the new GTA4 trailer yet and I won't be able to see any replies before Sunday, when I'm scheduled to be back at home.

EDIT: Ben,could you please the "white windows" part in 5-20,because it's very misleading? The white windows DO exist in GTA3, but what I meant to report were the two windows that aren't white, but see-through.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Jul 4 2007, 05:25)
QUOTE (Ben @ Jul 2 2007, 23:11)

Sorry ben, but when I said 'retire' I meant permanently. Or at least until I get my degree, which should be autumn 2008. If LC isn't finished by then, I promise to return. Hell, I promise to work twice as hard for half the salary. smile.gif Just please don't intentionally delay it because of me biggrin.gif

Heh, I can't make any promises about that tounge.gif .

Good luck anyway though - hopefully you'll still be around every now and then like the other slacker who's retired ph34r.gif .

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jul 5 2007, 02:00)
Kon, I surely didn't want you to return just to be forced to read that you're quitting for good! anuj_cop.gif   You even forced me to take a break from my break... Good luck nevertheless! I'm sure you'll need it!

Short note: I merely skimmed over the various new posts here, I did NOT watch the new GTA4 trailer yet and I won't be able to see any replies before Sunday, when I'm scheduled to be back at home.

EDIT: Ben,could you please the "white windows" part in 5-20,because it's very misleading? The white windows DO exist in GTA3, but what I meant to report were the two windows that aren't white, but see-through.

There haven't been too many changes I don't think - I've updated the checklist a little bit though. I've also released a new update package and SFX, as well as an updated default.ide and SCM. You can get all the new files from the download topic wink.gif .

And I've reworded that bug for you - check it again and see what you think (I think it's right now).

smile.gif

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:26 PM Edited by SteaVor, 06 July 2007 - 07:30 PM.

Yes, it's better now, BUT (I should've probably written IGNORE THE WHITE WINDOWS ON THE SCREENSHOT BECAUSE THEY'RE LIKE THAT IN III in bold letters on the picture and/or resisted to post on a sh*tty keyboard* while I'm supposed to be relaxing far away from LC) .... BUT the transparent windows did have proper textures in GTA3. They weren't white like the other two that are white in GTA3 and should therefore remain unchanged in LC.

I merely wanted to note (when I reported this initially) that there are two windows in LC which have lost their textures in the conversion process. The fact that there are two windows with a white texture (which IS a texture, after all) on the screen shouldn't distract from this.

*It constantly forgets to type some letters - hence there's a "fix" missing in my EDIT sentence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users