Photo

GENERAL GTA:LC CHAT

1,007 replies to this topic
ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:36 PM

The purpose of this topic is for you guys to discuss what you want about GTA:LC, it has also been created so that you won't have to create new topics asking one or more questions which have been answered many times before.

So please, keep this forum tidy and have nice discussions.

Thanks.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:49 PM

Good idea James. Let's see if it works.

Tonight's going to be busy for me. After the Packers play today, I'll be working on getting my files stable and uploaded so jcab and DJQ can get some of the mapping issues fixed. The cutscenes will also be integrated in every mission so each modeller can see how their ped looks animated.

At least I hope to finish it tonight.

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:33 PM

im sure this probably is'nt the right place, but i have gotten 2 gta3 players in vice (im very proud smile.gif ) but they are on their sides and look very stretched and like a monster, as Modeling Man said its cuz i need to centre the axis but i have no idea how sad.gif
P.S i think im the youngest to get a player model in-game, im 12 tounge.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 20 December 2004 - 01:02 AM

This thread is okay for just about anything. So while you could have posted in the PEDS thread, it's okay here too.

Some pics might help for us to offer advice though.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:34 AM

Well since a max importer/exporter is in developement/beta release I was thinking of redoing all the 2d effected objects to be whole again in 1 object leaving the ID's used in mapping for other mods. This is assuming prelit data is saved on import and export. it will also cut down the GTA3.img file.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:46 AM

Before you do anything like that Mark, you may want to talk to jcab first. He's working on a lot of mapping issues right now. That way you're both not doing the same things. And maybe you can offer him a hand as he seems even more ambitious than I hoped he would be smile.gif

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:52 AM

Well I am going to run a test run on the train tracks (thats how I got started in LC and how killer.ip got on a roll) and if it works then I'll consult jcab if needed.

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 December 2004 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (Mark Pagliaro @ Dec 20 2004, 00:34)
Well since a max importer/exporter is in developement/beta release I was thinking of redoing all the 2d effected objects to be whole again in 1 object leaving the ID's used in mapping for other mods. This is assuming prelit data is saved on import and export. it will also cut down the GTA3.img file.

That would be awesome if it were be possible.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:03 AM

The test release that I've been working (that I hoped I would finish Saturday) will probably be another day or so. I just changed a few things in the image files and now the game won't boot. I'll have to retrace my steps a little bit to figure out where I screwed up. So that'll take a little while. But before this happened nearly all of the cutscenes were working perfectly (minus the proper models).

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:28 AM

Since just about anything goes, will anybody be creating small banners to go in sigs that say BETA 2 has been released, obviously when it has been released. Just wondering as I think it would help the promotion again. smile.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:37 AM

Well I hadn't really thought about it but that's a damn good idea. I'm just starting to get into graphics (my sigs is about as complicated as I get) so I doubt that I'm the best guy to do it.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:42 AM

Personally I would just like to congratulate the whole Liberty City team for doing a great job, and still keeping us updated.
Thanks again for the many hours of fun I get out of this mod guys smile.gif .

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 20 December 2004 - 12:06 PM

Well I get an error on trying to import in 3ds max 3. I guess I jumped the gun on that one. Was installing 3ds max as I typed that.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 21 December 2004 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (rabbit123 @ Dec 21 2004, 13:58)
Could it ever be made/fixed so that when say you put a bike inthe back of a pickup truck it doesnt just come out when you move along.

Well that is strange, anytime I did that with a car it would stay on the back of the packer.

It's good to see that this topic is being used, hopefully it will keep this forum tidy.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 21 December 2004 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Dec 21 2004, 16:10)
Could it ever be made/fixed so that when say you put a bike inthe back of a pickup truck it doesnt just come out when you move along.

Well that is strange, anytime I did that with a car it would stay on the back of the packer.

It's good to see that this topic is being used, hopefully it will keep this forum tidy.

You mean to say that when you rode the packer and the car stayed on top without sliding down? blink.gif

rabbit123
  • rabbit123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 December 2004 - 05:03 PM

Thats exactly what I want to happen! Its not particually important but it would be cool, you could drive around liberty city with your cars and/or bikes on the trailer to places.

It would be better for San Andreas cause of the whole massive islands thing though. smile.gif

O yeh the reason I think it would be good mainly though is for the jumps, I wanted to jump of the dam fence in Shoreside Vale with Sanchez then ride down the wall but for that I needed a packer. So I went and found one but had to leave the Sanchez behind to take it to the dam. When I got there I had no bike of course and since no bikes spawn (that ive seen) across the top of the dam and I couldnt take my eyes off the packer incase it disappeared all I could do was use a taxi which didnt accelerate fast enough and therefore didnt get over the fence.

Would have been cool but couldnt get bike and packer both there at the same time.

So to be able to transport your bike around with the packer for some stunting would be a big benefit as that Im guessing was a big point of rahkstar2.gif even creating the packer!

tounge.gif

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:46 PM

That's just a part of the physics engine, not much we can do about that without quite a lot of work - I think. San Andreas has a better physics engine and can handle cars on the back of the packer a bit, a few too many corners and your car still falls off though. confused.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:18 PM

Cars sliding off when the Packer moves make a lot of sense because the car isn't even strapped onto the Packer.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:35 PM

Yeah its good to see it getting used but some of the questions here, in fact most are not to do with the LC mod, which is off-topic within this topic. cry.gif

Anyway I though Opius found a way to keep a vehicle hanging on to another one by coding in the main.scm. I could be wrong, I could just be imagining it. I thought he showed something around Myriad thats all.

rabbit123
  • rabbit123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Dec 21 2004, 19:18)
Cars sliding off when the Packer moves make a lot of sense because the car isn't even strapped onto the Packer.

If a car were to be on a lorry with a flat trailer it wouldnt roll off when the lorry accelerates unless there is zero friction.

Dunno what that has to do with your post dontgetit.gif

rabbit123
  • rabbit123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:13 PM

Hey heres some 'general discussion about LC', is Liberty city bigger than Vice cause it certainly feels it - this is excluding water.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (rabbit123 @ Dec 21 2004, 14:13)
Hey heres some 'general discussion about LC', is Liberty city bigger than Vice cause it certainly feels it - this is excluding water.

Excluding water it's hard to tell. Look for yourself:
user posted image
As you can see, VC takes up much more space, but LC uses its space more efficiently.

rabbit123
  • rabbit123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:21 PM

very interesting, your right it is hard to tell. I prefer Liberty city though I find it more 'full'.

Antinark
  • Antinark

War is Peace.

• The Connection

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:05 AM

this is a really stupid question and i know it goes against the whole mandate of your team.

But would you ever mod the space behind Shoreside Vale so it could be solid and explorable. Or perhaps create and empty city (like myriad) as a reward for 100% the game.

Love the mod by the way.

DarkGTA
  • DarkGTA

DarkGTA Has Returned

• Members

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:47 AM

My Favorite Air Vehicles Are:

Skimmer My 1st favorite
Hunter (Use it to visit the ghost town lol)
Maverick (Sort Of)

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:18 AM

DarkGTA's post moved into this thread.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:14 AM

About the VC beeing about the same size as LC, I think R* just made the streets wider, also very little hills in Vice, not much curvy, hard to get somewhere roads. Conclusion: R* went a bit lazy with Vice tounge.gif .

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Dec 20 2004, 10:28)
Since just about anything goes, will anybody be creating small banners to go in sigs that say BETA 2 has been released, obviously when it has been released. Just wondering as I think it would help the promotion again. smile.gif

Sorry for the pager, for some reasons I stopped working on it, and concentrated on other things. confused.gif
But now, maybe I could make some sigs if you want.
My first attempt:

user posted image

Feel free to tell your ideas for more.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:05 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 22 December 2004 - 10:11 AM.

Good news. I've got my files running again. So I should be able to get them together and uploaded either late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. I just have one more cutscene to convert. Then I'll upload it and send the link out via PM to those who are testing. My current rar is 75.9 MB.

Hopefully we can get this finalized and released to the public before the next college semester starts.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 22 December 2004 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Dec 22 2004, 12:05)

Hopefully we can get this finalized and released to the public before the next college semester starts.

Could you be more specific, for the non-US, non-Student Readers smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users