Photo

[REL] Yet another IMG Editor -- Spark

51 replies to this topic
Col_Vinny
  • Col_Vinny

Vanity District

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:42 AM

Fantastic! I was waiting for something like this to come out, and BAM here it is biggrin.gif

A few things-
  • Try and eliminate the white flicker when changing from 1 txd to another
  • Could you have a Normal, Alpha, and Mixed views of the textures please
  • Importing and exporting textures (and as alphas)

This will probably be one of the best tools out there, so please update soon! biggrin.gif

PS. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Vercetti Gangsta @ Jul 4 2005, 08:48)
Very nice job! Could you also do it VC & GTA3 compatible?

Not to be a bitch or something, but could you please tell the answer for my question? smile.gif

CTM
  • CTM

A ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:36 AM

The main reason I'm using this is for SparkCS.exe, which is nothing short of a stroke of genius. Thanks for a great tool! smile.gif

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:54 PM

Good job, I've been using this a lot. Much handier than IMG. inlove.gif

Feature requests:

1. Rename Import to Add, I think it suits more. doesn't really matter a lot though.

2. Replace feature, like IMG's (add a new file in position of old file, so it doesn't add to the bottom of the img and you don't need to rebuild the archive).

3. A handy feature you already have in is that when you add a file to the archive and there's already a file with the same name in the archive, it will delete the old file and then add the new file. Make this use the Replace feature from #2 instead smile.gif .

4. Option to rebuild the archive.

5. Have these features available via right-click context menu: Add,[seperator], Delete, Rename, Replace.

This tool will truly be great with all of these suggestions implemented. And other's suggestions too.. mainly Cerbera's about the search window ph34r.gif

aru
  • aru

*poof*

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:20 AM

Thank you for all your comments... I'm working on adding a few extra things that were requested.

Voodooman, regarding DFF support, I believe the person you are reffering to is Majestic? I've talked to him on irc a while ago, and I know that his viewer program is in C++ and uses a core component of the DX SDK. It might not be too easy to convert it to be compatible with Spark... it might even be just as easy for me to write loaders.. I just don't have that much time to do it right now.

GTA3 and VC support.. I'm thinking about it.... it needs some design decisions as how to handle this with the "File->New" feature.

A few things-

• Try and eliminate the white flicker when changing from 1 txd to another
  • Could you have a Normal, Alpha, and Mixed views of the textures please
  • Importing and exporting textures (and as alphas)

Sorry, Spark was never meant to do anything more than manupilate IMG archives. The TXD preview was a bonus, as a few people over here on the forums and on #gtamodding were desperately asking for it. The textures are converted to a GDI+ bitmap, so I technically don't have control over displaying the normal/alpha/mixed views... adding support for that would mean rewriting a significant amount of code. I would strongly recommend using Delfi's TXD Workshop to deal with importing/exporting textures... as it is a wonderful tool that works almost flawlessly.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:41 AM

Please do not do this:

1. Rename Import to Add, I think it suits more. doesn't really matter a lot though.

2. Replace feature, like IMG's (add a new file in position of old file, so it doesn't add to the bottom of the img and you don't need to rebuild the archive).

3. A handy feature you already have in is that when you add a file to the archive and there's already a file with the same name in the archive, it will delete the old file and then add the new file. Make this use the Replace feature from #2 instead smile.gif .

4. Option to rebuild the archive.

5. Have these features available via right-click context menu: Add,[seperator], Delete, Rename, Replace.

Thank you.

Col_Vinny
  • Col_Vinny

Vanity District

• Members

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:58 AM

Yeh i use delfi's txd workshop too, it is fantastic - damn, i was really hoping for a blend of the two cryani.gif

I know how there are img tools all over the place, and txd tools here and there, but it is slightly inconveniant to have to search for a txd, then export it, then edit it in another program, then re-import it, just for the sake of a few images. I know that a mixed img modifying and txd modifying program will whisk up alot of praise and use from the modding community, so its a program needing to be made, and is therefore well worth making.

Even if you dont want to do it, couldn't you contact delfi, or release the source, to allow somebody else the chance to do it?

So, pretty please, with sugar on top, make it kooler sly.gif

DiCanio
  • DiCanio

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:19 PM

This is my fav IMG editor so far smile.gif

I'd like to see the following (some of these have already been
mentioned by others)

Saved folder paths for import/export (sorely needed!)

Replacing Files - the ability to add a new file in the same position as the
old file you are replacing - instead of adding new files automatically to
the end of the archive. This is handy for adding certain cars you want to
spawn at the start of a new game for example
I'd like that as an OPTION only

If you implement the above I'd like to see a history of files that have
been added/deleted - either just for the current session or the past few
sessions. No IMG tool has had this feature I believe

Lastly, If you are adding mixed files (DFF & TXD) then have the DFF's
added before the TXD's. I'm not sure if this is a problem with SA - it
was in some instances with VC. Steve M made a comment about this
which I can't find at the moment

Looking forward to the update - keep up the good work smile.gif

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:07 PM

hello ARU hows progress?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (PM by Aru @ Sep 6 2005, 17:38)
QUOTE (PM by Cerbera @ Sep 6 2005, 12:48)
Hi Aru,

Most editors being made for GTA are released with shoddy interfaces, slow code and a myriad of bugs which can corrupt user's data.  Spark is one of very, very few where this isn't the case and as such it is gaining popularity.  People know when they find a good program and with a few refinements, Spark would be in a totally different league to any other IMG editor and become even more popular.  Tens of thousands of users would benefit from switching to Spark from their current editor and you could make that benefit even greater by putting it through one or two more development cycles.

The suggested improvements I made in the development thread would help to turn this from a 0.9 beta to a fully functioned and refined 1.0 release.  The success of my CFG Studio program shows that the GTA fans really do appreciate professional quality programs.  Taking that extra step with Spark would be well worth doing, imho.  If you intend to do computery stuff professionally, this is a project whose you could refer to. smile.gif

regards,
Ben "Cerbera" Millard
P.S.  Feel free to contact me over MSN at the address given in my contact details.
Hey,

Well, I have been extremely busy since I started work... that's why there has been no updates in a while. Most of the issues are not really crucial to the proper functioning of the program... but I'll get to your list of suggestions eventually.

Aru
Hopefully that answers your concerns. Aru intends to make a few more refinements to Spark but cannot find the time to do so. I doubt he will have time to create any major new features, though.

If VB.NET is free legally, I could get it and try making some tweaks to the program on Aru's behalf, if he allows me. I wouldn't release anything without his consent and I could only obtain the source code if he gives it to me. I'm not sure if VB.NET is radically different in syntax to VB6 but if it's generally the same, it shouldn't be too hard for me to make the little tweaks which I've suggested.

iM1SNEAKYSNAKESOKALI
  • iM1SNEAKYSNAKESOKALI

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:29 PM

Man, awesome how did you make it so small?
Give yourself two cookies AND a donut

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:18 AM Edited by Black-hawk, 15 June 2006 - 01:52 PM.

Way to bump an ancient topic with no helpful content in your post. If it weren't for you, this thread would have still been open, but no, you had to ruin it.

EDIT: Thread left open.

aru
  • aru

*poof*

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:47 PM Edited by aru, 17 April 2007 - 02:49 PM.

Since I'm not maintaining this software anymore... I'm just going to post the source code as GPL in case it is useful to anyone.

Contains code in C# that may be of interest for:
1. Manupilating SA IMG archives including a few algorithms for memory-state maintenance, and greedy usage of free block space.
2. Opening/decoding SA TXD files
3. Decoding DXT1 and DXT3 images without any external dependencies.

Source (GPL): here

surajsun22
  • surajsun22

d name is enough

• Members

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

it's not working for me .
i have installed .net framework 1.1 properly
when i click on spark.exe nothing happens..
can you help me regarding this cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

Supra4
  • Supra4

Sniffing nitrous and moving sideways

• Members

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Strange. never heard of problems with spark. You have version 0.9 ?

surajsun22
  • surajsun22

d name is enough

• Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (Supra4 @ Feb 6 2008, 17:32)
Strange. never heard of problems with spark. You have version 0.9 ?

yes i have version 0.9

surajsun22
  • surajsun22

d name is enough

• Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:21 AM

Anyways. can anybody explain me how to use console spark. cuz i'm goin to use
it in my mod installer..

any help would be highly appreciable

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

Have you updated your .netFW fully? Im not familiar with console spark.

You'd do the community better just writing a tutorial rather than creating another god awful mod installer :x

Supra4
  • Supra4

Sniffing nitrous and moving sideways

• Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (derty @ Feb 7 2008, 13:02)

You'd do the community better just writing a tutorial rather than creating another god awful mod installer :x

I kinda agree with Derty there. Whenever I see a mod installer, I'm getting worried. Those things just don't take previous mods or modded files into account. Had too many bad experiences with mod installers messing up my game. I'd rather do everything manually.

surajsun22
  • surajsun22

d name is enough

• Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Supra4 @ Feb 7 2008, 12:16)
QUOTE (derty @ Feb 7 2008, 13:02)

I kinda agree with Derty there. Whenever I see a mod installer, I'm getting worried. Those things just don't take previous mods or modded files into account. Had too many bad experiences with mod installers messing up my game. I'd rather do everything manually.

there's nothing so complex in my mod installer

see the mod installer's topic for the features

HERE

surajsun22
  • surajsun22

d name is enough

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:00 AM

one strange thing i have discovered .
spark and spark console is working properly for me after uninstalling dotnetfx 1.1
confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif

Mishaki123
  • Mishaki123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:12 AM

IMG DATA\PATHS\CARREC.IMG
IMG DATA\SCRIPT\SCRIPT.IMG
IMG MODELS\CUTSCENE.IMG
??????????

this in the gta.dat if use the img tools what the line 4 ???()

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users