» «
Photo

Rockstar Games Upload 4

No replies to this topic
Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:56 AM Edited by Barbaneez, 23 June 2005 - 04:09 AM.

Just dispatched by Rockstar on their mailing list:

ROCKSTAR GAMES Presents ROCKSTAR GAMES UPLOAD 4

The very first truly online media awards are back.

Rockstar Games Upload returns in 2005 to bestow recognition, fame and a nice sum of cash on the cream of the web's filmmakers, deejays, writers and designers.
            Fledgling amateurs and seasoned professionals alike are encouraged to upload us their very best works to compete for the distinction of their category's grand jury prize.

Judging, as always, will be handled by Rockstar as well as a handpicked jury of esteemed luminaries
            in the Upload fields of competition - based on artistic merit, entertainment value, and overall execution.
            Stay tuned for judging panel announcement details in the weeks to come.
            Final round, grand jury judging will be determined by this year's category sponsors:
            Independent Film Channel, XLR8R Magazine, Flaunt Magazine, and DesignIsKinky.net.

BEST SHORT SUBJECT FILM    CASH PRIZE: $5,000
            BEST SHORT FICTION    CASH PRIZE: $3,000
            BEST DEEJAY MIX    CASH PRIZE: $3,000
            BEST MULTIMEDIA DESIGN    CASH PRIZE: $3,000

Call for entries deadline is September 30th, 2005.

For all the details, entry information, official rules and a roundup of all the winners of Uploads past - visit the newly launched official Rockstar Games Upload 4 website.

http://www.rockstargames.com/upload or http://www.rockstargamesupload.com

Go ahead... get busy.

GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS - XBOX® & PC REVIEWS

All across the globe, legions of Grand Theft Auto fans are traversing the massive state of San Andreas - discovering and revisiting the West Coast epic on its all new platforms. In the meantime, we're proud to announce that the Xbox and PC gaming press has spoken with definitive critical praise.

PC Gamer - 95%
            "San Andreas bodysnatched me for two weeks of 12-hour marathons.
            It consumed me so thoroughly that I seldom put down my gamepad to eat or shower, let alone write the thousand words here.
            Buy, borrow, or steal a copy today. Gaming doesn't get any better than this."

GameSpy - 5/5
            "I played through the game when it came out for the PS2, and I can honestly say that I'm having
            a blast playing it again...
            If you've been searching for the best Grand Theft Auto experience around, look no further:
            San Andreas is the real deal."

TeamXbox.com - 9.7
            "San Andreas is about total gameplay immersion; an intangible that is rare to encounter and hard to categorize. Pick this one up and play it for an evening - you'll see what's up.
            Good luck putting the controller down...
            Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a must experience, must buy title for the Xbox. Even if you've played the PS2 version, do yourself a favor and play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the Xbox - it is different enough in a good way to warrant the time investment and purchase."

www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/

The website for Rockstar Upload 4 is at this following URL: http://www.rockstargames.com/upload/

So if you think you're talented, upload some of your creative GTA-influenced works and get cash prizes.

If you're unfamiliar with the Rockstar Games Upload, be sure to read over their site and as always go over the entry details thoroughly before submitting your final piece!

Edit: we all know text is ugly and boring to look at, so here is a copy of the email (in HTML format) sent out, for those of you who are not list subscribers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users