Flying the hydra?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic
HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

i just want to know how to fly the hydra as a normal plane... i can only fly it as an heli (getting the front down in an 30-40 degre angle makes it fly forward)... but can you fly it as an normal plane?

Zach
  • Zach

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:30 PM

By default, use the NUM8 and NUM2 keys to rotate the thrusters.

HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

but how do you get speed on it.... i can't get it flying as the IA controled planes... they fly like real planes but mine flyes like a heli...

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:45 PM

That cool guy already told you FFS! NUM8 and NUM2 (default) using them adjust the attitude of the jets.

HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:47 PM

yeh.. i know... but i asked if it was possible to fly it as a normal plane and not as a heli... i know how to fly it as a heli...

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:49 PM Edited by nlitement, 25 June 2005 - 02:52 PM.

QUOTE (HKB @ Jun 25 2005, 14:47)
yeh.. i know... but i asked if it was possible to fly it as a normal plane and not as a heli... i know how to fly it as a heli...

Yes?

lol: I don't understand what the hell you're asking. IMO you got a loud and clear answer.
i just want to know how to fly the hydra as a normal plane

By default, use the NUM8 and NUM2 keys to rotate the thrusters.

k?

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

Jesus Christ, why don't you listen to what's being said?

joey_cohen_999
  • joey_cohen_999

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

Oh if you want to fly it really fast and let it take off like a shamal jet or faster, then you push and hold the right analouge stick up until a view change bur i dont know on PC just hold whatever the right analogue stick would be on a PC....

Hope this helps!!

HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:58 PM Edited by HKB, 25 June 2005 - 03:01 PM.

what i mean is...

i can fly the hydra as a heli... that means that the force that drives the plane is dragin the upwards... like a heli

but i ask if you can fly it as a plane... that means that the force that drives the plane is dragin the hydre forward like the ww2 plane or the mini-jet...

so can you fly the hydra as a plane?

and joey_cohen_999, i will try that... that sounds as what im out for...

Paul (The Cheater)
  • Paul (The Cheater)

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (HKB @ Jun 25 2005, 14:58)
what i mean is...

i can fly the hydra as a heli... that means that the force that drives the plane is dragin the upwards... like a heli

but i ask if you can fly it as a plane... that means that the force that drives the plane is dragin the hydre forward like the ww2 plane or the mini-jet...

so can you fly the hydra as a plane?

and joey_cohen_999, i will try that... that sounds as what im out for...

Do you know how a Harrier Jump Jet works?

To lift off vertically the exhaust from the thrusters is directed downwards. To fly the plane in a more "conventional" way you need to aim the thruster exhaust toward the rear. THEN you can fly forwards at speed and take off/land using a runway. Use the keys already mentioned or the right analogue stick to adjust the direction of thrust. You can either adjust while on the ground to allow you to take off using the runway or adjust them in the air so you can lift off vertically then switch to forward flight.

Zach
  • Zach

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (HKB @ Jun 25 2005, 09:58)

Bottom line is that if it is still flying like a helicopter, then you didn't hold down NUM8 long enough to fully rotate the thrusters.

Fully HorizontalActs like a plane.
Fully VerticalHovers (and not very manuverable)
Some place in betweenActs like a helicopter
Well, the above is my experience with the plane anyway. confused.gif

Now, shortly after the game was released for the PC, there was talk about how to make it go super-super fast (like kicking in afterburners or something). Unfortunately, I know nothing about that. colgate.gif

HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Paul (The Cheater) @ Jun 25 2005, 20:46)
To lift off vertically the exhaust from the thrusters is directed downwards. To fly the plane in a more "conventional" way you need to aim the thruster exhaust toward the rear. THEN you can fly forwards at speed and take off/land using a runway. Use the keys already mentioned or the right analogue stick to adjust the direction of thrust. You can either adjust while on the ground to allow you to take off using the runway or adjust them in the air so you can lift off vertically then switch to forward flight.

that what i want to know... but i only got one guys personal keys... witch keys is it in the control panel... i have tryed everything... i will try this next week when i come home from the great ROSKILDE FESTIVAL...

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (HKB @ Jun 28 2005, 15:56)

that what i want to know... but i only got one guys personal keys... witch keys is it in the control panel... i have tryed everything... i will try this next week when i come home from the great ROSKILDE FESTIVAL...

I honestly have to say that in my humble opinion you have extreme lack of intelligence.

You have to adjust the jets horizontal using NUM8 and NUM2 (default) try them and you will see how they move (whoa!). Then just use WSAD and L arrow key and R arrow key.

And if you have re-assigned the controls then go to option mode >> controls >> redefine >> vehicle and check the keys for "Special action-; right; left; up; down".

I hope I won't have to explain you this simple thing again. If yes, then I believe you have a serious psychological syndrome of somekind which causes lack of understanding.

Narouski
  • Narouski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:16 PM Edited by Narouski, 28 June 2005 - 04:22 PM.

OK, dude, here you go.

Go to your SA options and select 'Controller Setup', then click 'redefine controls'. Then click 'vehicle controls', and look for whatever key is bound to 'Special Control Up'.

After you take off in the Hydra, hold down that key until the thrusters rotate all the way back. It takes maybe 2 seconds.

The number 2 key, not NUMPAD2, raises and drops the landing gear.

HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 28 2005, 16:12)
I honestly have to say that in my humble opinion you have extreme lack of intelligence.

You have to adjust the jets horizontal using NUM8 and NUM2 (default) try them and you will see how they move (whoa!). Then just use WSAD and L arrow key and R arrow key.

And if you have re-assigned the controls then go to option mode >> controls >> redefine >> vehicle and check the keys for "Special action-; right; left; up; down".

I hope I won't have to explain you this simple thing again. If yes, then I believe you have a serious psychological syndrome of somekind which causes lack of understanding.

the thing about the the pc controls are that you can change the settings the way you want so for me num8 and num2 are up and down... NOT special action...

and shut up the bull sh*t about my intelligese...

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (HKB @ Jun 29 2005, 10:32)
QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 28 2005, 16:12)

the thing about the the pc controls are that you can change the settings the way you want so for me num8 and num2 are up and down... NOT special action...

and shut up the bull sh*t about my intelligese...

Aha. Sorry if I offended but it felt a bit bizarre. So did you get it to work?

tombcatz
  • tombcatz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (HKB @ Jun 28 2005, 15:56)

oh my god...
people told you about 900 times

use the num8 key to make the hydra fly like a "plane"
use the num2 key to make the hydra hover,just like a helicopter

soboness5555
  • soboness5555

Soboness5

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:41 PM

To clarify, I think you have to hold the 8 key or the 2 key on the num pad to get it in the right position...this can be done on the ground or in the air. WOOT.

XIDESIGN
  • XIDESIGN

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

guys he just means the DEL and END key.. Thats it.. mad.gif biggrin.gif

Special keys like moving doing something like this;
http://www.xidesign....0630-164751.png

Same as tracking car.

HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 29 2005, 10:35)
Aha. Sorry if I offended but it felt a bit bizarre. So did you get it to work?

not yet... im at he Roskilde music festival... buy i get home monday so i will test it then... thans for te help everyone...

rahkstar2.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:28 AM

Please listen to what people are saying mate, ok you have changed the control scheme fine. Obviously you would then need to look in the control section that YOU changed in the first place and see what you changed the special control up/down setting to.

Badding
  • Badding

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:52 PM

I know this topic is old and all, but man, wtf were u doing on these boards while at the Roskilde festival? Kudos to u for goin there, but lurking around here while u're in the middle of one of greatest festivals around? Thats just about the most stupid thing I ever heard... No man, grab your case of beer, sit down with your friends and enjoy the music & atmosphere, that's what u're there for!

modelmaster
  • modelmaster

Vice Liberty San Andreas City Stories Veteran

• Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Badding @ Jul 8 2005, 12:52)
I know this topic is old and all, but man, wtf were u doing on these boards while at the Roskilde festival? Kudos to u for goin there, but lurking around here while u're in the middle of one of greatest festivals around? Thats just about the most stupid thing I ever heard... No man, grab your case of beer, sit down with your friends and enjoy the music & atmosphere, that's what u're there for!

yeah dude seriously.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (modelmaster @ Nov 4 2007, 23:48)
QUOTE (Badding @ Jul 8 2005, 12:52)

yeah dude seriously.

Why the hell was there a need to bump a 2 year old topic just to say something meaningless?

roryl53
  • roryl53

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

MAYBE its just my "disc" whatever you want to call it, but if your in the hydra and you repeatedly"tap" R2 and L2 it goes all weird and flicks back and forth to a differnt place, hard to explain but waird all the same...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users