Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Knightmare @ Jun 23 2005, 16:30)
QUOTE (Spooky @ Jun 23 2005, 08:22)
user posted image
It stays! GTA Modding wins!

tounge.gif

user posted image

GTA Modding can suck it tounge.gif

nervous.gif . I love modding. But yes it is weird how community is not at the top any longer i liked it there.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:17 PM

Oh my, where did those polls come from? cry.gif

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• None

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Chunky Lee Chong @ Jun 23 2005, 16:17)
Oh my, where did those polls come from? cry.gif

One is real, one is fake, and you'll have to take a guess at where they're from. rolleyes.gif

Much better now, all I'm waiting for is community to fall off the list altogether. tounge.gif

Magephil
  • Magephil

Jew

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:20 PM

Hmm, why don't we have a big vote from all the forums!

Magephil secretly wonders if Gen.Chat is bigger than all the other forums wow.gif

Spooky
  • Spooky

Prince of the Yolkfolk

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Magephil @ Jun 23 2005, 18:20)
Magephil secretly wonders if Gen.Chat is bigger than all the other forums  wow.gif

With the amount of sh*t posted in there, I wouldn't be supprised.

Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:35 PM

Honestly I prefer it at the bottom, not only because I read every thing from the bottom up(yes I'm wierd) but it just feels more right to have the gta related stuff at the top.

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:58 PM

As I said earlier, GTA Forums has had the past 4 years to make a permanent category order; and now 76,xxx members later, they decide to make the changes after thousands of people have adapted to it. Ugh. dozingoff.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:59 PM

Its alot better in my opinion.. couldn't agree more Smithers.

Heh, Community, is problem half the database size alone..

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Smithers @ Jun 23 2005, 10:18)
QUOTE (Chunky Lee Chong @ Jun 23 2005, 16:17)
Oh my, where did those polls come from?  cry.gif

One is real, one is fake, and you'll have to take a guess at where they're from. rolleyes.gif

Much better now, all I'm waiting for is community to fall off the list altogether. tounge.gif

I hear those sneaky GTA Modders are good with photoshop cry.gif

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• None

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:13 PM Edited by Smithers, 23 June 2005 - 09:15 PM.

QUOTE (Barbaneez @ Jun 23 2005, 17:58)
As I said earlier, GTA Forums has had the past 4 years to make a permanent category order; and now 76,xxx members later, they decide to make the changes after thousands of people have adapted to it. Ugh. dozingoff.gif

You say that like it's a major disappointment to you knowing you have to make a couple more clicks, hit page down, or use your scrollwheel to move down to where community is listed. It's no big change, anyone with a pair of eyes opened since these forums opened will be perfectly capable of stretching their fingers the extra distance required. Maybe it'll slow some of the spammers down by a couple of milliseconds! Then again, perhaps not.

Knightmare: Too true, you want to watch out for Spooky, Tank and illspirit, they're all sneaky. You however, are a highly respectable person who's never told a lie in his life.
[Note: The above comment works like google translator, the word ordering is wrong.]

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:25 PM

OH NOES!!1

now i have to scroll down for a split second more. i think i'm gonna throw a tantrum in the suggestions forum. yer. rolleyes.gif

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Smithers @ Jun 23 2005, 16:13)
QUOTE (Barbaneez @ Jun 23 2005, 17:58)

You say that like it's a major disappointment to you knowing you have to make a couple more clicks, hit page down, or use your scrollwheel to move down to where community is listed. It's no big change, anyone with a pair of eyes opened since these forums opened will be perfectly capable of stretching their fingers the extra distance required. Maybe it'll slow some of the spammers down by a couple of milliseconds! Then again, perhaps not.

It's not so much the extra finger-workout I have to do, it's moreso the fact that it's been that way forever and I'm mentally and phsyically appealed and used to it. In "real life" whenever something it out of place, I'm usually one of the first to pick up on it; it's also harder to adjust to such changes when you get used to seeing them on a daily basis. This obviousley isn't about me, me, me - but there are many more users thoughout the forum with the exact same thoughts.

It's just going to take some heavy adjusting for myself.

Kutthroat
  • Kutthroat

Abgoosht For Life

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:39 PM Edited by Kutthroat, 23 June 2005 - 11:41 PM.

QUOTE (Barbaneez @ Jun 23 2005, 14:18)
It's not so much the extra finger-workout I have to do, it's moreso the fact that it's been that way forever and I'm mentally and phsyically appealed and used to it. In "real life" whenever something it out of place, I'm usually one of the first to pick up on it; it's also harder to adjust to such changes when you get used to seeing them on a daily basis. This obviousley isn't about me, me, me - but there are many more users thoughout the forum with the exact same thoughts.

I agree.

I wouldn't mind so much if all the other forums didn't take up so much space on the side bar. When Community was at the top you didn't need to scroll very far to get to the GTA forums but with those being at the top now it takes much more room up than Community ever did.

whatsthat.gif

VideoPoker
  • VideoPoker

Boss

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Kutthroat @ Jun 23 2005, 19:39)
QUOTE (Barbaneez @ Jun 23 2005, 14:18)

I agree.

I wouldn't mind so much if all the other forums didn't take up so much space on the side bar. When Community was at the top you didn't need to scroll very far to get to the GTA forums but with those being at the top now it takes much more room up than Community ever did.

whatsthat.gif

Yeah!

Pilate
  • Pilate

Big Homie

• The Precinct

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:19 AM

If I said please, would that make you change it back?
Cause I'll do it.
I'll say please.

Rotten
  • Rotten

Average Mug™

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Smithers @ Jun 23 2005, 17:18)

Your IRC network is made up of all those noobs and idiots. Without them you will fail, more.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:18 AM

Maybe i'm missing the point but everyone who has complained is in a gang, whether it be unofficial or official. Your gang section is at the bottom of the forum, you have to scroll to get to that. In most cases the people only visit the gang sections and the community, which are both placed fairly near to each other now. Community (was top), gang forums (bottom) I really cannot see how much difference this is going to make.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Smithers @ Jun 23 2005, 16:18)
Much better now, all I'm waiting for is community to fall off the list altogether.  tounge.gif

That is such a fu cking unbelievably stupid view. This forum has been built upon a community, and without it there is no way that the forums would be anywhere near as large and popular as they are now, or drag in people who actually stay to the forums. If there was no community, there would be no forums.

Wheelman
  • Wheelman

n00b patrol

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Jun 24 2005, 09:53)
That is such a f*cking unbelievably stupid view. This forum has been built upon a community, and without it there is no way that the forums would be anywhere near as large and popular as they are now, or drag in people who actually stay to the forums. If there was no community, there would be no forums.

I think what Smithers was saying is that the community section is not as important as it is made out to be by those who only frequent the community and gangs section.

They're useful to keep members here and interested in chatting to each other about stuff outside of gta, but ultimately nobody comes here for the community forums, they come here for the gta and modding section. These sections are the reason gtaforums exists at all.

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• None

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:55 PM

Wheelman made all the relevant points much more gracefully than me, perhaps I shouldn't use sarcasm or I should have a 100x100 warning image so people are aware when I use it. Anyway, personally I'm no fan of general chat (some parts of community are perfectly acceptable) and the fact that it's the cause of 99.9% of the forums' trouble. Half of the people who regular community never even visit the Modding sections or have some sort of absurd idea that they're superior to those in the GTA Series forums because their join date was earlier.

Whether community is valuable to GTAForums or not, it makes more sense to have the 'on-topic' forums up at the top where people see them straight away. Without GTA Series or the modding sections, then GTAForums wouldn't be GTAForums, and it wouldn't have the members. Community is just the part that keeps people here later on. Same with gangs. They deserve a place here, but the content is just awful.

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:41 PM Edited by Knightmare, 24 June 2005 - 03:56 PM.

Every forum I've ever been to has always had Community-styled forums at the top, though. Everyone knows this is a GTA site, everyone knows there are specialized forums.

Who cares if those complaining are also in gangs? Gangs are at the bottom because they're a specialized forum. We know this, and we don't care about this.

Community is the glue, the common-ground. There are those who never set foot in community, and there are those who never set foot in Modding.

Most everyone flocks to gameplay when new GTA's come out, I know I did, but between games there a loads of people who check out the community, and I think we have a very strong online community here. I just don't see the sense in moving it all the way to the bottom.

But then again I'm a gang leader so what do I know right lolo gangs are at boddum

EDIT- I have been creeping around the other forums now, and yesterday posted about 50 times in Gameplay/Cheats and Tricks helping out the noobs. I suppose I wouldn't have done this if the forums were still at the bottom, but I do tend to get sick of nubs rather quickly tounge.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:06 PM

GTA Network should also be above Community. In fact, Community should be below the gang areas because it is the least relevant to the purpose of the forums. The gangs at least have *some* tenuous relationship to the storylines of the GTA series.

{Matty}{Vice}
  • {Matty}{Vice}

Z...at heart.

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:18 PM

It seems very stange to me, It will take a while to get used to.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jun 24 2005, 18:06)
GTA Network should also be above Community.  In fact, Community should be below the gang areas because it is the least relevant to the purpose of the forums.  The gangs at least have *some* tenuous relationship to the storylines of the GTA series.

Harley pushes Cerbera back in hole

Like the others said, it's not the fact that I have to scroll down, its the fact that I've adapted to the layout and its annoying seeing the GTA series in my face when I go here.
There's never been a problem with the layout, why change it?

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Folks @ GTAForums)
"Because you have moved General Chat to the bottom of the page after 3 years of consistent layout persistency, I am now suffering from nausea, headaches, distress, and sudden inexplicable spells of dizzyness and sometimes faint-headedness. I demand you return the forum to it's prior state, or else I will send me lawyers after you."

user posted image

Seriously though, what's the big deal? Just bookmark the forum you go to the most, no harm, no fuss, no mess. This is much better for the masses (who, by the way, make up the "n00b population" that the regulars despise so much), as now we don't have to constantly direct them to the GTA sections, since they're at the top of the forum index. tounge.gif

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Tsuroki @ Jun 24 2005, 20:53)
user posted image

LOCK MY TOPIC THEN, YE OLDE ASSHOLE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users