Photo

Apophysis stuff and a painting

7 replies to this topic
Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:37 AM

I downloaded Apophysis yesterday and these were my first ones.
user posted image
Color edit in Photoshop
user posted image
user posted image
Color edit in Photoshop
user posted image

And a pheonix I painted
user posted image

Kotsudaira
  • Kotsudaira

The Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:51 PM

Holy sh*t. That top fractal is nice. I made a couple too, but they're backa few pages in LLO chat. Oct linked me to Apophysis too. I've only been using it for brushes though, not to actually make something.

The Phoenix is good, not my kinda thing, but you seem to do them a bit. I knew your sig had to come from somewhere.

-Kotsudaira

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:56 PM

Tryst, you heard me before:

[Monday - 06/20/2005 | [07:11:02 PM] King Kapone | Justin: I must eat some cake and drink a pepsi to this, for this.. my eyes.. they have been made love to.

I love the phoenix. Part of why I love it is because I'm actually one of those guys that suspect something like it could have been alive at one point and go from site to site researching.

The apophysis stuff is amazing, as well. Though, you didn't post the jellyfish one! mad.gif

I love the colors with the fractals and especially the bright centers. You are my graphical hero.

PCJ.
  • PCJ.

Shaggy

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:48 PM

Nice fractals, I'd use Apophysis more if it didn't take so damn long to render the fractals. And with the pheonix, you kick ass at airbrushing, put my attempts to shame.

I might try some more fractals sometime.

Moto
  • Moto

Frat.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:07 PM

Eh. I really don't like any of them. And, never post any apophysis again. No work, no result.

king surfer
  • king surfer

Omni-f*ck

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:54 PM

Im new to these "fractals". What are they? And is Apophysis freeware you can use to make them? They look pretty cool to me and any information on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:18 PM

If you think there is no work to Apophysis then you obviously don't know how to use it properly. I put work into making these, its not as great as some of the Apophysis stuff out there but I just started...

Kapone, I would of posted the jellyfish one that that one I don't care for too much.

Apophysis
Its freeware, the download is right on the site there.
Fractals are images generated by math, geometry to be specific. Its a little difficult to explain exactly how it works, but I'm still a bit new to it myself.

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:26 PM

Moto is a purist. He's like the old man who lives down the road who constantly complains about cars being a passing fad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users