Photo

[REL|SA] Map Cleaner

157 replies to this topic
*xXx*
  • *xXx*

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:16 AM

It now says the error 'Invalid pointer operation' and i read the rest of the thread and i think its because i accidently set my MAIN.SCM + IDE files to always open with notepad, but i dont know how to undo this. bored.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (*xXx* @ Sep 23 2006, 20:16)
It now says the error 'Invalid pointer operation' and i read the rest of the thread and i think its because i accidently set my MAIN.SCM + IDE files to always open with notepad, but i dont know how to undo this. bored.gif

that woldnt have anything to do with map cleaner crashing, especially not the main.scm tounge.gif

benshelock
  • benshelock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

Im having the same problem as *xXx*, does anyone know how to fix this?

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (benshelock @ Jun 2 2007, 10:46)
Im having the same problem as *xXx*, does anyone know how to fix this?

Have you tried with a fresh, clean, unmodded, needs-dvd copy of SA?

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:08 PM

I've been working on an update recently. Most of the cleaning engine has been rewritten, so I hope those crashes are gone now. I'm not quite done yet, but here's a first test version you can play with before the official release. Please let me know how it works, especially people who had problems with version 0.4!

Download SA Map Cleaner 0.5 RC1 (533 KB)

Changes in 0.5 RC1:
  • redesigned user interface
  • improved map parser (better handling of comments and missing commas)
  • animation file handling (sections anim/cars/weap)
  • collision file handling based on col models
  • new archive manager supports multiple archives
  • highly improved cleaning speed
  • optional archive rebuilding (still slow)
  • online update check
  • redesigned log file, more logging options
  • inverse ide selection (check to keep); seabed removed from default

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:42 PM

wow a new release yesterday hmm kinda weird for you Steve-m, you quited a long time ago with modding gta and desiging tools is this a sign you are still interested in GTA colgate.gif

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:47 PM Edited by SSX-Breaker, 29 October 2007 - 07:29 AM.

Steve, i love you man. I've just no other word to describe this. It works with no errors. Now i'm going to test it. Thank you very much for this new update.

Edit: Tested it. It works very fast and no errors. I love it man inlove.gif

SSX-Breaker

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:08 PM

yeah me too:D! this version works great! finally i can install the newest gostown and aliencity. i had always problems with the 0.4 version but now they;re gone:D! im so happy:P. ty mate:).

PS. new interface looks well-made too!

DEVluke
  • DEVluke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:26 AM

teriffic. works fine.
every other time i had tried (probably version 4) it always stopped before actually doing anything to the map files nor the img file
thank you very much inlove.gif

mokrosuhi
  • mokrosuhi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:13 PM Edited by mokrosuhi, 17 December 2007 - 07:44 PM.

What to do next after cleaning?!

How can I put the background image in map editor of my new city?

On this pic. you can see a "model backgorund" under the docks for easier making the docks!
How to put that pic. in map editor? http://raresh-r.evon.../gta/mv/001.JPG

Gtapoptart
  • Gtapoptart

You Cannot Kill What You Did Not Create.

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Cecil475 @ Jun 1 2006, 11:42)
I try to clean San Andreas using the default settings and I keep geeting this...
user posted image

What am I doing wrong?

- Warren Lewis

icon13.gif icon13.gif I keep getting the same error. My Game is NOT modded, It's Version 1.0 US, All my files are NOT Read only. WTF IS WRONG?

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:27 PM

Have you tried version 0.5? (see above)

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:35 AM

Hey Steve, a while before I lost all my data, I had gone through the game's files after
cleaning the map away, deleting all of the things that were no longer needed.

This included cleaning away the #commented lines in GTA.dat, deleting the files they
pointed to, water1.dat and I believe some more dev orphans, and I can't right remember
the rest of the files, but I'd find them again by cutting and pasting them to a new DIR,
testing, and if it crashed, the game was still dependent upon them.

If I did this process again (it's lengthly, but not too lengthly, however boring as all
hell as one could imagine) and made a list of all the files that could be removed
with the intent on creating the ultimate stripped down/bare bones starting point
for TC's, do you think you could incorporate that list into a tick-box in map cleaner
that could delete them? Leave it to the user to clean up gta.dat, that's a fast and simple
process the first custom lines one adds to the result of map cleaner's finish.

I could format the list in any way that would make implementing this easier, and most of
the work is a matter of deleting entire DIRs and not just files anyway, I'd just really like
to have the process automated tounge.gif

Would make TC distribution and installation much easier, eliminate files that TC authors
would otherwise have to delete on their own, and since it's an on/off tickbox feature, those
who want to preserve everything still can, so it won't break the other preservation features
you already included. Possible?

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:32 PM

Sure, that'd certainly be helpful. What you don't need to list are the files mentioned in gta.dat (ipl, ide, img and containing directories), since the program knows about them the moment it parses the files and deactivates them. So I'd only need to know about those "orphaned" files the game never touches. As for the list format, one filename per line and relative paths would be good, but don't worry too much about that. Also, I'd keep that list as a stand-alone file, so TC authors could replace it if needed.

BTW, would there be a need for cleaning out unused audio and animations as well?

derty
  • derty

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:35 AM

Are there unused files? I know there are a few, but is it a significant ammount? For the most
part, extra anims would be more useful than in the way, I think. I guess I'll start cutting stuff away
from a fresh cleaned waterworld wink.gif cheers steve. I'll get the basics done, leaving it as stand alone
and further editable would be perfect. I'll get that list draft going come morning smile.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

Well, all the cutscene anims and dialogue won't be needed if map and storyline aren't there anymore. Maybe that'd be something for v0.6. wink.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

I would like to know if its posible to delete everything exept SF and interiors. Because ive tryied 3 times telling the program not to delete SF but it does anyway. Deletes the whole map, and i want SF to stay. smile.gif

derty
  • derty

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

You could do that by hand at the GTA.DAT level. Start by commenting out all of LA LV and countryside stuff, etc
I recommend you go at it one IPL at a time, flying around to make sure you don't create issues (that is, if it crashes):

CODE
#IPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAn.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAn2.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAs.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAs2.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAe.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAe2.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAw.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAwn.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAw2.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAhills.IPL
IPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFn.IPL
IPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFs.IPL
IPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFse.IPL
IPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFe.IPL
IPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFw.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasN.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasS.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasE.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasW.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryN.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\country\countN2.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\country\countrys.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryE.IPL
#IPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryW.IPL

But, use the stripped script because some stuff has dependencies.

And to reclaim ID's you need to start clearing IDE's after. Comments will do just fine.

@steve: ave't gotten to the stripped cleaning stuff yet, I'm really uninspired wholly, tbh.
However, it seems like you are light years planned ahead of me anyhow tounge.gif

True, about the storyline stuff. I didn't think of how many anims and junk could have been used just
once in-game and now are totally useless tounge.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Mar 22 2008, 20:11)
I would like to know if its posible to delete everything exept SF and interiors. Because ive tryied 3 times telling the program not to delete SF but it does anyway. Deletes the whole map, and i want SF to stay.  smile.gif

Map Cleaner always removes all object instances (i.e. ipl files), you can only make it keep object definitions (ide files). To "rescue" SF, you would have to backup all of its binary ipls (inside gta3.img), then run the cleaner (v0.5!) keeping SF and default objects, and after that add the binary ipls again and reactivate the SF ipl lines in gta.dat. But I guess it will turn out to be a lot more complicated than that, if it works at all. tounge.gif

@derty: Don't worry. No idea yet when I'll finish and release 0.5...

hugogta
  • hugogta

- GTA IV Player -

• Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

Hey,

I just would like to remove the map, but not dff and txd files, it is possible?

derty
  • derty

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (hugogta @ Apr 26 2008, 12:10)
Hey,

I just would like to remove the map, but not dff and txd files, it is possible?

In that case you will want to just do it all without actually running the app.

As in, start by replacing the SCM and water.dat (scm replacing is critical as it depends on some objects)

Then, open up GTA.DAT and start putting a # in front of entries that end in IPL, which will disable them.

You may want to just map-clean a copied folder of your SA game and then start making your own IDEs etc in your cleaned game as there are likely a few other problems you will run into while disabling your IPL files. Either way, still, give it a try. It's worth the try for sure, because it will save you a lot of time re-defining files that were already defined, flagged, and instanced before.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:26 PM

Deleting the unused dff and txd files is the whole point of Map Cleaner, since just disabling map files in gta.dat will crash the game. If you want to keep just a few objects, you could create your own ide and list the needed models/textures there before running the cleaner, and select to keep it. Then it won't delete those files. Or you could just make backups and re-add them after cleaning.

hugogta
  • hugogta

- GTA IV Player -

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

Oh great! Thanks for the tip Steve ! smile.gif

hoodline
  • hoodline

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:15 AM

does this actually remove everything from the game if so whats the point in this?

derty
  • derty

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:04 AM

It removes most of the map. Would you guess; it's for clearing room for new maps!

Young Flipper
  • Young Flipper

Number One Flyboy

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

Hey, I'm Lil FLip from GWM.

The thing is...I got a huge problem with this Tool.
In the beginning everything was fine, everything worked.
Till I installed oCain's CoordSaver. The game crashed while I got spawned.
After deinstalling GTA, I ran MapCleaner again. Now the loading bar always stops at 1/3 of loading.
I already asked Aschratt, he didn't know anything. I also reinstalled my whole windows....
Without succes, the game always stops loading.
I also tried to install dexx's΄test map. Now the game loads again 1/3 and then it pushes me back to the desktop without any error message.
Can some1 help me??
Steve, I also added you in ICQ

ΛΈψενόκΰ
  • ΛΈψενόκΰ

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

I think I have the same problem as above.

I used to have a cleaned GTA with my mod installed, I used it twice or 3 times. So my mod got messy and I decided to have a new clean installation. However, the game crashed at about 1/3 loading. Later this month i reinstalled Windows, and today I tried both versions 0.4 of cleaner with no success. I haven't done anything to my computer, back then I had mod working in the morning and not working on a new cleaned installation.

ANY cleaned game crashes, even if I don't add anything. The error message pops up, and I am returned to the desctop.

Why is that? Does anybody still reads this thread?

anadolu1923
  • anadolu1923

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

this is great thing, you are genius! smile.gif
thanks steve-m
smile.gif

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:25 PM Edited by Vecis, 27 December 2008 - 02:33 PM.

QUOTE (ΛΈψενόκΰ @ Aug 29 2008, 22:32)
I think I have the same problem as above.

I used to have a cleaned GTA with my mod installed, I used it twice or 3 times. So my mod got messy and I decided to have a new clean installation. However, the game crashed at about 1/3 loading. Later this month i reinstalled Windows, and today I tried both versions 0.4 of cleaner with no success. I haven't done anything to my computer, back then I had mod working in the morning and not working on a new cleaned installation.

ANY cleaned game crashes, even if I don't add anything. The error message pops up, and I am returned to the desctop.

Why is that? Does anybody still reads this thread?

Sorry for bumping but i have exactly the same problem as this guy has.
And i don't see any solutions to it.
Anyone can help?
I'm using 0.5 RC1, added included main.scm, water.dat and test map files.
Edit: Problem solved. How?
Simple. I replaced wrong main.scm (data\main.scm)
But for game to work i needed to replace 'data\script\main.scm', and it's working!

AB033
  • AB033

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

Hey, Steve-M, great software.
I have a question for you. I deleted everything what was marked (LA, SF, COUNTRY, LV). Now I'm making a one map and question is: Can I import some files (streets, buildings etc) into the map and how? I'm asking 'coz I deleted everything and now I have no files to use for finishing the map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users