123 replies to this topic
PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (Gman8 @ Oct 11 2005, 23:03)
Speculation: Will this game eventually make it to PS2 in time?

Nope. End of discussion.

I won't even say why "No" as I've said it many, many times.

Eichhorn
  • Eichhorn

Sciurus vulgaris

• Members

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:54 PM

IMDB has put Kyle McLachlan on the Liberty city stories Voice cast listing.
Iīm so happy heīs back again, just wanted to tell you.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2005 - 02:23 AM

It should be noted Electron Zone is part of LCFR or Chatterbox, if you prefer, or Liberty City Talk Radio hahaha
I'd point out that LCS appears like GTA3 with VC improvements, but due to lack of space, and complexity can't be more like San Andreas which I REALLY liked!, BTW

I am assuming at this point helis are not avail to the player and Game Sharing was a rumor as well. It's a shame, if so

BILL

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:23 PM

Question: How much memory does a game save take up?

I have the standard 32mb Memory Stick Duo that comes with the PSP.
I currently have movies, audio & pics saved on there which obviously take up space. Ignoring things like custom tracks - How many MBs does a save file amount to?

I often like to keep multiple saves from throughout my game so that I can go back to specific points. If I have 3 different saves does this amount to 3 times a single save or is each save just a small percentage of the overall GTA file?

Does a save file get bigger the further you progress through a game, or are they always a constant size?

------

This actually applies to all games really, but I'm only interested in how it applies to LCS.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:30 PM

Unless you have multiple saves then it will always stay the same I guess. All previous Grand Theft Auto games always use a fixed amount of space no matter how many cars you have in the garage and that.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:36 PM

you'll need 256 KB to make a save file and the file size doesn't increase the further into the game you get.

TheReaper
  • TheReaper

Eddie guerrero......1967-2005

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:19 AM

awesome helped me alot

damomulcahy
  • damomulcahy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:39 PM

Will the game ever come out on ps2 or ps3 who do i get in touch with to find out

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (damomulcahy @ Nov 17 2005, 10:39)
Will the game ever come out on ps2 or ps3 who do i get in touch with to find out

No it's very unlikely. The game was designed specifically to be played portably on PSP.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (kippers @ Nov 3 2005, 14:36)
you'll need 256 KB to make a save file and the file size doesn't increase the further into the game you get.

You need 320 KB. If you don't believe me look at your PSP's screen when you're about to save the game. It says so right in the bottom left corner.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:50 PM

I got a few questions to ask, and I'm sure the answers have been posted before, but the threads have gone.

Whats the name of the music in the 2nd trailer for LCS?

Whats the name of the music in the start of the IGN video review of LCS?

daswildthing
  • daswildthing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:34 PM

Can u swim in this 1?

Kamikaze.
  • Kamikaze.

Not for the faint hearted

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (daswildthing @ Dec 1 2005, 19:34)
Can u swim in this 1?

No, they have left swimming out of this one. I don't believe they had the memory to input it smile.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:41 PM

another reason they may not have added swimming, who in their right mind would go for a swim in the merky waters of NY? you could get a disease! tounge.gif

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Dec 1 2005, 16:41)
another reason they may not have added swimming, who in their right mind would go for a swim in the merky waters of NY? you could get a disease! tounge.gif

Exactly. tounge.gif

The real reason is that LCS uses a modified version of Vice City's engine, and that one didn't allow you to swim.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:43 PM

That is the reason of no swimming apparently, there was an oil spill in the waters. I think this statement was in the liberty tree but im not sure. It was definatley somewhere.

lankylarry
  • lankylarry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

my brother was playing on and he killed an old man by punching him and he recieved a $50 good citizen reward! what the hell is it has anyone else got that?

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2005 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (lankylarry @ Dec 8 2005, 13:31)
my brother was playing on and he killed an old man by punching him and he recieved a $50 good citizen reward! what the hell is it has anyone else got that?

That was something that was also in Vice City aswell.
If you punch someone who is being chased by a cop, you will get a $50 good citizen bonus. Also you wont get a Wanted level for puching the man (if its like Vice City)

lankylarry
  • lankylarry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (da gta master @ Dec 8 2005, 16:50)
QUOTE (lankylarry @ Dec 8 2005, 13:31)

That was something that was also in Vice City aswell.
If you punch someone who is being chased by a cop, you will get a $50 good citizen bonus. Also you wont get a Wanted level for puching the man (if its like Vice City)

awesome thanks!! cool.gif anuther question i have 98% complete and dont know what else i hav to do to complete it? i got a map of where to find side missions so have definately done them all and got all packages, rampages, stunts so whats left?

Cajones
  • Cajones

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:28 AM

Modified version of Vice eh? Is that why the PCJ-500's sound high-pitched like in Vice? Because in San Andreas they sounded more smooth.

Crackturkey
  • Crackturkey

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:19 PM

nice list!! thats pretty coool

Eichhorn
  • Eichhorn

Sciurus vulgaris

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:37 AM

I just went over to pspupdates and it says LCS will be ported to PS2 and the talk about the new PSP GTA
wich will be out this year, sadly they got no info on wheter itīs a new city or an old one.
Phew!!!! Just wanted you to know...

bigtimeplaya653
  • bigtimeplaya653

LMFAO what a noob you are!!!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (Cajones @ Dec 22 2005, 04:28)
Modified version of Vice eh? Is that why the PCJ-500's sound high-pitched like in Vice? Because in San Andreas they sounded more smooth.

yeah thats problably why it sounds the same cause its vice citys engine because i beleive the banshee also sounds like the one in vice but looks like the the one the was in gta3 and san an...

~Justin Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Drewballz
  • Drewballz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

I am a huge GTA fan. but dont have the money to buy a psp so i am eagerly waiting for it to come out on PS2. Does anyone know when it will come out for PS2? Also how much has been added to Shoeside Vale? Has it doubled in size? What was at the construction site in Staunton Island before GTA3?

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:39 PM Edited by carpetdweller, 09 February 2006 - 09:42 PM.

@ Drewballz -
Do you really want to know?

Well, assuming the PS2 version doesn't have any major differences to the PSP version:

Shoreside Vale has no extra landmass. It's almost identical to how it was in GTA3. The only difference is you can now enter the 2 tunnels heading north.
These 2 tunnels are actually one tunnel that loops between the 2 entrances. Halfway along this tunnel is an opening to a different single tunnel which heads north and is sign-posted as "Upstate". You cannot enter this tunnel.

1n 1998 Fort Staunton was Forelli Turf. It was a kind of Little Italy with apartment blocks, shops, a museum, restaurants, cafes, an opera house and a small park.

The official word on the PS2 release is simply this:
... Additional products expected for fiscal 2006 from Rockstar Games include Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for a current generation console system, tentatively planned for release in the second quarter, Bully for PlayStation 2 and Xbox, two new titles for the PSP handheld system, including an all-new Grand Theft Auto, ...

This articel - Link says that means it will be out before May 2006.
---

I thought these would have been answered in the FAQ, but I just saw that it hasn't been updated since nearly a month before the game was released. That's not Brown's fault though really as he hasn't been around much recently.

Drewballz
  • Drewballz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

The Forrellis? Is it Sonny Forellis son or something? I know I should pobably wait for the game but I just love the storylines of GTA. Some people think it was a stupid idea to make a GTA in the same city. But I think its awesomeand I think they should remake all the GTA's with differnt storylines and time periods. I would love to see Vice City in the 21st century.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:51 PM

Silly Question.....

For the PS2 version, can you scale walls? No I presume as someone mentioned it's the VC engine. I just want confirmation. Oh, and no flying planes or anything?

Thanks wink.gif

Mohican
  • Mohican

Lone Mugger

• Members

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:25 PM

another PS2 question... everybody i talk to in person says there is NO MULTIPLAYER in the game. but on the Rockstar website it lists multiple multiplayer versions and it even has video up. can somebody who OWNS the PS2 version please clear this up? thanks.

The Raven
  • The Raven

Rock Solid ▪ Heart Touching

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:19 AM

Well, i have few questions and i'm sorry if someone has already asked them i didn't see them blush.gif
  • Is the story in the game before GTA 3 or it's after the story in GTA 3?
  • When GTA LCS will be released for PC?

If someone knows please tell me and sorry again if the questions were already asked blush.gif

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (The_Raven @ Aug 2 2006, 00:19)
Well, i have few questions and i'm sorry if someone has already asked them i didn't see them blush.gif
  • Is the story in the game before GTA 3 or it's after the story in GTA 3?
  • When GTA LCS will be released for PC?

If someone knows please tell me and sorry again if the questions were already asked blush.gif

1) LCS takes 3 years before GTA 3.

2) There has been no talk so far that LCS will be on the PC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users