Photo

GTA:LCS FAQ

123 replies to this topic
saopaulina
  • saopaulina

Argentinian Girl

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:22 AM

This game is going to be crazy im gonna even steal my brothers PSP to play devil.gif

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:09 PM

according to a magazine in another topic GTA:LCS is gunna be released October.

You'll need to edit the 2nd question on the front page smile.gif

Brown Streak RR
  • Brown Streak RR

GTAF Train Freakô

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:16 AM Edited by Brown_Streak_RR, 25 July 2005 - 01:19 AM.

QUOTE (kippers @ Jul 24 2005, 15:09)
according to a magazine in another topic GTA:LCS is gunna be released October.

You'll need to edit the 2nd question on the front page smile.gif

Gotcha.

I'll change it to an expected October release, but we still don't know the exact date. I appreciate your interest though. You've been quite a help with the LCS topics, kipps.

BinarySunset
  • BinarySunset

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:46 PM

Hiya.

Personally, I don't think rumors should be mentioned in a FAQ. It might mislead some people (i.e. people who read abnormally fast, etc.) into thinking a certain feature will be included when it might not be.

Maybe construct a separate section specifically for rumors or something to that effect.

Anyway, nice topic. But no screenshots?! mad.gif

Fake-edit: I just thought of a question I didn't see, or overlooked in the FAQ. Will the whole eating factor come into play in this installment as it did in SA?

Oh, and sign-yee.gif for good measure.

stalker666-x
  • stalker666-x

forum elite

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:49 AM

when will rockstar have official screenshots ready?

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:15 AM

Official screenshots got released 2 months ago...

if you want screenshots have a look through the Then and Now topic comparing GTA3 locations to LCS locations

Brown Streak RR
  • Brown Streak RR

GTAF Train Freakô

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (BinarySunset @ Jul 27 2005, 19:46)
Hiya.

Personally, I don't think rumors should be mentioned in a FAQ. It might mislead some people (i.e. people who read abnormally fast, etc.) into thinking a certain feature will be included when it might not be.

Maybe construct a separate section specifically for rumors or something to that effect.

Anyway, nice topic. But no screenshots?! mad.gif

Fake-edit: I just thought of a question I didn't see, or overlooked in the FAQ. Will the whole eating factor come into play in this installment as it did in SA?

Oh, and sign-yee.gif for good measure.

Thanks for your input. Bear with me, the FAQ will be recieving a big update in the next few days with all the new information in the community. There might possibly be a screenshot index, but that is yet to be determined. smile.gif

Kipps is right about the screenshots. They were released a while ago and can be found in the Then and Now topic..

stalker666-x
  • stalker666-x

forum elite

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (kippers @ Jul 28 2005, 09:15)
Official screenshots got released 2 months ago...

if you want screenshots have a look through the Then and Now topic comparing GTA3 locations to LCS locations

no, those are LEAKED. i mean quality screens released on the internet. on the official site.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (stalker666-x @ Jul 28 2005, 20:59)
i mean quality screens released on the internet. on the official site.

Maybe in late August or September. Who knows?

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:08 PM

If this game is on the ad-hoc network I will be so pleased. Made me point. music.gif

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (stalker666-x @ Jul 28 2005, 03:49)
when will rockstar have official screenshots ready?

I'd say around mid-late August.
But that's just my honest thought, nothing official obviously.

skinmaster
  • skinmaster

modding addict

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:39 AM

Hi.
First of all, thaks for the infos.
I have got 2 questions:
1) Could it be possible to somehow play on PS2?
2) Is it possible to port it to PC?

Thanks in advance

Games-master
  • Games-master

why could it be

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:27 AM Edited by Games-master, 13 August 2005 - 11:31 AM.

Thats what i want to know

I think you be able to play it on the PS2 as its a PSP because they will have an accessary for it.

The PSP might have something so you can play on the pc

Brown Streak RR
  • Brown Streak RR

GTAF Train Freakô

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:18 PM

Guys, as of now, there is no way to play the PSP on the PS2, or PC. There is a PC connectivity cable, but that is for transferring files, such as movies and music, to your PSP, not playing games. The PSP is an independent console, and at the current time, isn't playable on anything else.

In the future, however, it may be able to connect up and be played on the next generation consoles such as XBOX360 and PS3, but this for the most part unconfirmed, yet it's almost a given they will do it. We hope. No promises yet.

Hope that helps guys. Thanks for your interest.

smile.gif

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:45 PM

The Xbox 360 will probably recognise it as a flash device or something unlike the PS3 which will recognise all of its features.

Brown Streak RR
  • Brown Streak RR

GTAF Train Freakô

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Thorpe @ Aug 13 2005, 19:45)
The Xbox 360 will probably recognise it as a flash device or something unlike the PS3 which will recognise all of its features.

Dunno.

Some article said that the 360 would support music and file transfer, or something like that. But the point is, not much information at all has been released.

smile.gif

For future posters in this topic... I don't mind you asking questions. Rather here than in a new topic. But please keep them GTA:LCS related, or relevant to the FAQ. If you feel you just have to ask a question that does not fit these parameters, please PM me. My inbox is always open. Thank you.

viniciusdcs
  • viniciusdcs

GTAPortable.com

• Members

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:34 AM

Brown_Streak_RR I have a sugestion to put in the list:

Will Toni be able to develop his stats like CJ was in San Andreas?
No, it was said in a magazine that Toni will not be able to develop his stats that means probably no working out in the gym

You can put it in the list if you like it and make adjustments if you want maybe more precise information

Sorry If Im wrong I just wanna help

DaOne
  • DaOne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:59 PM

rahkstar2.gif looks like it has gay graphics to me i still say san andreas is better than all GTA games (.) tounge.gif

viniciusdcs
  • viniciusdcs

GTAPortable.com

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (DaOne @ Aug 25 2005, 16:59)
rahkstar2.gif looks like it has gay graphics to me i still say san andreas is better than all GTA games (.) tounge.gif

Thats because its gonna be a portatable game for the PSP in a UMD which has 1.8gb of space and the DVD which was used for San Andreas had 4.something gb which is a lot more space, also that the PSP is a superior machine compared to the PS2, look at the PSP size, one more thing those were not official screens released by rahkstar2.gif thats why it doesnt looks like its gonna good graphics! sign-clinton.gif sign-thompson.gif sign-yee.gif

MajorGlory
  • MajorGlory

That's insane

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:59 AM

I'm sure someone will create an emulator for the PSP. So it might be possible to play it on PC after all.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (MajorGlory @ Aug 27 2005, 06:59)
I'm sure someone will create an emulator for the PSP. So it might be possible to play it on PC after all.

There aren't any decent PS2 emulators, and it's a 5 year-old console. I doubt there'll be PSP emulators. But then again, you never know...

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:10 AM

I dunno if this has been said coz i've been away for the last week, but i bought the latest PSM (American addition) and it said Snow has been confirmed. And this isn't just a rumour coz the magazine also says that it's played the first 5 missions and there's snow in some of them

viniciusdcs
  • viniciusdcs

GTAPortable.com

• Members

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (kippers @ Aug 28 2005, 09:10)
I dunno if this has been said coz i've been away for the last week, but i bought the latest PSM (American addition) and it said Snow has been confirmed. And this isn't just a rumour coz the magazine also says that it's played the first 5 missions and there's snow in some of them

Yes, this has been said

Tartey
  • Tartey

Hayemaker ô

• Members

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:50 PM

Thnx for making this thread, it makes everything much clearer now smile.gif

Brown Streak RR
  • Brown Streak RR

GTAF Train Freakô

• Members

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Tartey @ Aug 29 2005, 15:50)
Thnx for making this thread, it makes everything much clearer now smile.gif

No problem.

The FAQ will be updated soon, when I have some free time. However, there's no major rush considering not much has changed information-wise.

I will say this again:

Please keep the posts in the topic related to the FAQ itself.

Should you have any other questions that do not meet the above criteria, feel free to PM me. There shouldn't be a need to start a new topic, or spam this one up, for a question we wouldn't mind answering privately. Anything I can do to help, please let me know.

smile.gif

Mercedes SL
  • Mercedes SL

1 2 3 14!

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:49 AM

This game will only be released on the new PSP. which is a litlle gameboy-kinda-thing right?...No releaes for other consoles?

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 03 September 2005 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Mercedes SL @ Sep 2 2005, 19:49)
This game will only be released on the new PSP. which is a litlle gameboy-kinda-thing right?...No releaes for other consoles?

That's been discussed several times. Liberty City Stories is a PSP EXCLUSIVE title (I think this remark should be added to the FAQ).

Another thing, don't insult a PSP by calling it a "gameboy-kinda-thing". It's much more powerful than anything Nintendo has ever done (including the DS). tounge.gif

Mercedes SL
  • Mercedes SL

1 2 3 14!

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (PresidentKiller @ Sep 3 2005, 02:00)
QUOTE (Mercedes SL @ Sep 2 2005, 19:49)

That's been discussed several times. Liberty City Stories is a PSP EXCLUSIVE title (I think this remark should be added to the FAQ).

Another thing, don't insult a PSP by calling it a "gameboy-kinda-thing". It's much more powerful than anything Nintendo has ever done (including the DS). tounge.gif

Yeah i know but my english is not that good and it was late night. i was to tired and lazy to go pick a dictionary..couldn't find other word by my slef than the Gameboy-kinda..lol no compare between these two machines lol.gif

bloodyskies
  • bloodyskies

lick my Ballers

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:12 PM

anyone know what characters are confirmed? I've seen a picture that looks like Miguel stood next to a patriot, and the actor for Ray Machowski is credited on imdb.com along with the actress for Maria.

<slightly off topic> Unofficial PC ports *might* be possible (e.g. via a mod for GTA:LC), and I'd like to believe that R* will recognise a market for PS2, XBox and PC versions 6 months after release (I know that market exists, and surely the conversion wouldn't take much development time given the Vice City engine is more than capable, with the exception of downloadable content)

Personally I'd love for there to be a DS version too, if only for the "Touch Toni!" adverts</slightly off topic>

viniciusdcs
  • viniciusdcs

GTAPortable.com

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (bloodyskies @ Sep 5 2005, 17:12)
anyone know what characters are confirmed? I've seen a picture that looks like Miguel stood next to a patriot, and the actor for Ray Machowski is credited on imdb.com along with the actress for Maria.

<slightly off topic> Unofficial PC ports *might* be possible (e.g. via a mod for GTA:LC), and I'd like to believe that R* will recognise a market for PS2, XBox and PC versions 6 months after release (I know that market exists, and surely the conversion wouldn't take much development time given the Vice City engine is more than capable, with the exception of downloadable content)

Personally I'd love for there to be a DS version too, if only for the "Touch Toni!" adverts</slightly off topic>

The DS is not capable of holding a game like GTALCS its too much for the crappy DS, but the PSP is capable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users