» «
Photo

[REL] San Andreas Advanced Control v1.2

121 replies to this topic
Vilu
  • Vilu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:38 AM Edited by Vilu, 25 June 2005 - 08:47 AM.

A great utility with a lot of potential. However...

Although it supports multiple controllers, I'd love for it to support multiple controllers at once. I have a set of USB game controllers (TM Cougar HOTAS, analog gamepad, a steering wheel), and I'd prefer to be able to switch from the wheel to the analog gamepad whenever I jump out of the car, and maybe even switch to the joystick when piloting aircraft. Currently, however, you can only map the axes of a single controller as DirectX axes which makes all other controllers but one useless.

Would it be too much of a chore to add a support to multiple controllers, so that the axes mappings would look something like this: "Forward: Device 1 Y-Axis Positive" etc?

Also, adding a support for more than 2 simultaneous buttons/axes for each action would be nice as well.

I don't want to sound like an ungrateful bastard, but these features are really important to me. smile.gif

Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (Vilu @ Jun 25 2005, 04:38)
A great utility with a lot of potential. However...

Although it supports multiple controllers, I'd love for it to support multiple controllers at once. I have a set of USB game controllers (TM Cougar HOTAS, analog gamepad, a steering wheel), and I'd prefer to be able to switch from the wheel to the analog gamepad whenever I jump out of the car, and maybe even switch to the joystick when piloting aircraft. Currently, however, you can only map the axes of a single controller as DirectX axes which makes all other controllers but one useless.

Would it be too much of a chore to add a support to multiple controllers, so that the axes mappings would look something like this: "Forward: Device 1 Y-Axis Positive" etc?

Also, adding a support for more than 2 simultaneous buttons/axes for each action would be nice as well.

I don't want to sound like an ungrateful bastard, but these features are really important to me. smile.gif

QUOTE (readme.txt)
* You can run multiple instances for multiple controllers!

ahem...

pal user
  • pal user

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:12 AM

i seem to be having trouble with the user track skip again it seems to work once then its stops no matter what button i assign it to

Vilu
  • Vilu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Stretchnutter @ Jun 25 2005, 11:39)
QUOTE (readme.txt)
* You can run multiple instances for multiple controllers!

ahem...

Whoopsie! Sorry! smile.gif

Never thought about running multiple instances of the proggie and I'm very lazy reader. wink.gif

Basti
  • Basti

Killerhamster

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:40 PM

Damn, the yes/no answer button doesn't work in cars, i had a date with denise, now she asked me if i get in to "drink coffee" and now i can't answer. The worse thing is that it's one of those cutscenes where all actions are disabled, only "Yes" and "No". rah.gif

Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:57 PM

Updated to v1.2... see first post or visit my site yawn.gif

123abc
  • 123abc

Text Book f*cking Mental

• Feroci

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:10 PM

Awesome. Its all I could've asked for. Nice job. biggrin.gif

Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:15 PM

so i guess ALL the bugs are gone now! inlove.gif

okay... now lets see what we can do about this camera smile.gif

pal user
  • pal user

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:49 PM

yeah great job i haven't had any problems with this new version works great

Vilu
  • Vilu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Stretchnutter @ Jun 26 2005, 19:15)
so i guess ALL the bugs are gone now! inlove.gif

Not quite wink.gif

If I have space defined as a button (the default sprint, actually), I can't access the blips menu by holding down space in the map screen.

Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:18 AM

oh goodie! something for me to fix.. thx Vilu smile.gif

shawshank1989ca
  • shawshank1989ca

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:14 AM

ok, so I launch it up and press click on WHEELS with Combined Pedals.

I choose it and then press SAVE and nothing happens in the game, same controls.

Can someone help me

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Stretchnutter @ Jun 27 2005, 02:45)

inlove.gif

He he
wink.gif

Vilu
  • Vilu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:30 PM Edited by Vilu, 27 June 2005 - 01:45 PM.

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Jun 27 2005, 07:21)
QUOTE (Stretchnutter @ Jun 27 2005, 02:45)

inlove.gif

He he
wink.gif

Not as long as I can come up with new bug reports wink.gif

Nah, I want to get rid of the lagging camera as much as you do. tounge2.gif

There's still one thing bugging me, but I guess it would be very hard to fix in your proggie. It seems that there is very large "low sensitivity zone" (note: not dead zone) in the middle of the x-axis, making it very hard to steer using an analog steering wheel as it requires large steering motions to steer the car.

The low sensitivity zone is not in the driver settings of the wheel, as the MS FF Wheel driver does not have any curve setting (the existence of such a setting would help getting rid of the problem, anyway tounge2.gif ). So I guess the problem is in either GTA: SA itself or in your proggie.

Comrade Chimp
  • Comrade Chimp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:07 AM

New version is great. I think I was just being stupid about the map controls before, but everything works perfectly control-wise now. However, I still find I'm getting a significantly lower frame rate when using this program. Enough to make the game quite stuttery in a busy outdoor area. I don't know if this is anything that can be improved or if it's an inevitable side effect of the program tapping into the DirectInput layer.

I guess I could always just upgrade!

QJimbo
  • QJimbo

With DMA/R* from the beginning :)

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:27 AM

Shut up vilu I want CamHack! dontgetit.gif
Anyway great job Stretch, this works flawlessly biggrin.gif

SubConscious
  • SubConscious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:33 PM

hey great job with the SAAC program, its made SA twice as good already, a camhack will make it perfect. let me know if you want me to help test camhack, i changed the vice city one for many vehicles so you could see over the seats when looking back, then i accidentally deleted my config file... anyway, thanks a million! biggrin.gif

AZReDWiNG
  • AZReDWiNG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:47 PM

Great program! I can finally do the damn flying school (I use mouse/keyboard, but I have a joystick..). Just one minor hitch:

I have a Microsoft Intellmouse Optical. It has 5 buttons: Left-click (LMB in game), Right-click (RMB), Clickwheel (not used in game, I think), a left-side button (MXB1) and right-side button (MXB2). So when I went to define the controls for my mouse buttons using SAAC, I had to figure out that:

MOUSE_BUTTON0 = LMB
MOUSE_BUTTON1 = RMB
MOUSE_BUTTON2 = MXB1

Naturally, MOUSE_BUTTON3 should be MXB2. However, it is not. I tried assigning MOUSE_BUTTON3 to Previous Group/Weapon, which is what my MXB2 is assigned to in-game. MOUSE_BUTTON3 is neither the clickwheel button nor MXB2.

Maybe I switched around MOUSE_BUTTON2 and MOUSE_BUTTON3, but either way one of the two do not correspond to MXB2 in game. Perhaps you could help me out with this? Or have I found a bug? biggrin.gif

-Garrett-
  • -Garrett-

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:15 AM Edited by -Garrett-, 29 June 2005 - 02:34 AM.

You could always make those buttons serve different functions than they do now, either globally or just for this one program (y'know, through IntelliPoint's Control Panel dialog). That would resolve it.

EDIT: and middle-mouse is Look Behind. Just so you know. rolleyes.gif

AZReDWiNG
  • AZReDWiNG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (Vilu @ Jun 26 2005, 12:56)
QUOTE (Stretchnutter @ Jun 26 2005, 19:15)
so i guess ALL the bugs are gone now!  inlove.gif

Not quite wink.gif

If I have space defined as a button (the default sprint, actually), I can't access the blips menu by holding down space in the map screen.

Along the same lines, now I can't use RMB or T to place a blip on the maps..

BladeVsNeo
  • BladeVsNeo

The Mighty Blue Oval Rules

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (Deanotik @ Jun 23 2005, 00:56)
dunno if its through a fault of my own - would be good if someone would clear me up on this, but, it seems as though there isn't a button to assign the select key to (when for example - you press SPACEBAR to buy something)

would also be neat to have a little tickbox which allows users to use either in game keys, an an unticked box to use a defined key, other then that, its all great, thanks alot!.

I'm having the same problem too. And also when using the crane on the import/export dock I cant use the joystick to move it anymore!

Kresske
  • Kresske

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

This is such a great tool. It made flying actually possible! Though there's one feature I'd like implemented: increasing saturation to reduce the sensitivity of, oh, rotating copters with the joystick rudder control. As it is now, rotating copters is WAY too sensitive.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:36 PM

*bump*

Deanotik
  • Deanotik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:04 PM

a mighty large Bump, this program deserves the front page.

I hope a new release of this program comes out soon - one that works with the new GTA patch.

Please, please release one, (if possible) i miss analog control for my cars. smile.gif .

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:56 PM

Thank u very cool tool i remember yo previous one for vc it was cool too.
Also i have one feature request:
how about 2 add button "Start the Game" with command promt switch that will run SAAC hidden or in tray and will run game (gamepath must be somewhere in SAAC ini or it can be reed in registry) ? It neccesary to make link that will run tool and game together.
I made easy bat srcipt to run SAAC and SA once and using it but built in feature will be better))

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

Awesome.. Does anybody have any presets for an Xbox 360 controller? It's the only controller I have, but I'm finding assigning the buttons a little confusing and overwhelming. tounge.gif

sad.gif

.. I got this through searching, feel free to point out any newer releases and/or better solutions. smile.gif

Kingsamuelson
  • Kingsamuelson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:19 PM

AHh, yes can u please make an update that works with 1.01? I cant run 1.00 (savegame error thing) and I really would like to use this utility! Please, ill be your best friend!

Ryback
  • Ryback

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:20 AM

Whenever i have SaaC 1.2 running and try to run san andreas it crashes and gives

me an error message?

Anyone know how to stop this?

Stressless
  • Stressless

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Ryback @ Apr 2 2006, 00:20)
Whenever i have SaaC 1.2 running and try to run san andreas it crashes and gives

me an error message?

Anyone know how to stop this?

Same as above bored.gif

How is the analogue throttle / brake implemeted? It a DualShock 2 usable? I tried to play VC on my PC but the cars were undrivable as your either constantly accelerating or braking like there's a cliff ahead.

If this is better in SA, I'll press on.

Scharkey
  • Scharkey

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:51 PM

Can someone mirror this? I would really love to try this. I have a controller with more buttons then the PS2, I'd love to try this.. and I'm really frusterated without the use of the joystick..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users