» «
Photo

[REL] San Andreas Advanced Control v1.2

120 replies to this topic
Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:57 AM Edited by Stretchnutter, 25 June 2005 - 01:54 PM.

New Tool - San Andreas Advanced Control v1.0 (UPDATED TO 1.2)

After seeing the need to use specialized PC controllers in San Andreas I decided to write this utility to help alleviate those needs. This is the first utility from me for San Andreas PC and it won't be the last.

Features
* Use multiple controllers
* Assign keyboard buttons that you couldnt assign before
* Use analog Accelerate/Brake
* Reassign Axis
* Dead-zone and Saturation adjustments
* Force Feedback
* (hehe) best of all, its free smile.gif

user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image

Updated to v1.2!!

- Whats new in v1.2 on 6/25/2005?
*Use mouse and controller at same time
*Added Aim Mode options
*Fixed more problems with axis detection
*Added Pause/Menu key
*Fixed User Track Skip, Mouse Look, and Trip Skip keys
*Conversation Yes/No works in car

- Whats new in v1.1 on 6/22/2005?
*Fixed Slider problems?
*Added some mouse support (buttons/wheel)
*Added ability to manually select controls from a list
*Automatically Saves/Loads last preset/device used
*Force feedback turns off while in 'escape' menu
*Fixed problems with Zoom
*Fixed user track skip

Download SAAC v1.2 Now

Be sure to check the readme for the notes.

Marklund
  • Marklund

GTAStunter

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:14 AM

Ooooh GREAT stuff man! Alot of thanks.
cookie.gif

SubConscious
  • SubConscious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:59 PM

Absolute quality, i cant wait to get home from work today! when you say "it wont be the last" i assume you plan on releasing a camhack as well, which would make you even more of a legend than you already are wink.gif

thanks!

racer_x_2k1
  • racer_x_2k1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:35 PM

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif Thank you so much. I have been waiting for one of these!!!!

pal user
  • pal user

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:34 PM

just to say it works on the uk version of the game i have been wanting vibration on the game since i got it

Psy
  • Psy

All The Rage

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

Works great, but my Carl is sort of walking around in circles on his own. Any ideas? Also I set up the controls on both controllers yet when messing with my 2 player mode conversion thing, only player 1 can move, and player 2 follows the exact same actions. Any ideas again?

nikehair
  • nikehair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:17 PM

This is by far the best controls mod for any game. The only problem I had, however, is when zooming in and out. That does not work properly.

The camera, sniper just zoom all teh way in then all the way out then stop functioning.

Homer_89
  • Homer_89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

Amazing tool man! GREAT WORK!

but im having the same problem that nikehair is having. i think its a bug or something. The zoom in and out is not working well. I hope you fix it soon cuz i really like to drive around the state aand take a pic of everything interesting i see biggrin.gif . i have a Saitek P2500 Gamepad. But anyway man GREAT JOB best tool ever!

Comrade Chimp
  • Comrade Chimp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:29 PM

I can only see the download for version 1.0

pal user
  • pal user

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:10 PM Edited by pal user, 22 June 2005 - 09:35 PM.

yeah i had the same problem psy but if you load the psx pad setting that seems to fix it

but i am having a problem with the user track skip no matter what button i assign it to it does not work sad.gif

Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:30 PM Edited by Stretchnutter, 22 June 2005 - 11:36 PM.

Updated to v1.1...

Psy, where is this 2 player mod?

the problem with running in circles is the deadzone... look on the TEST page and adjust the D slider

Ladfromwales85
  • Ladfromwales85

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:20 AM

Need someone to work out some nice force feedback settings biggrin.gif

Deanotik
  • Deanotik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:56 AM

dunno if its through a fault of my own - would be good if someone would clear me up on this, but, it seems as though there isn't a button to assign the select key to (when for example - you press SPACEBAR to buy something)

would also be neat to have a little tickbox which allows users to use either in game keys, an an unticked box to use a defined key, other then that, its all great, thanks alot!.

EazyCheeze
  • EazyCheeze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:20 AM

A beautiful tool, I love it a lot; only with my video card, or maybe others? See I play in 1600x1200, and when I swap out or even exit, some windows that are in the foreground sometimes get squashed to their minimum dimensions (showing only the far left of the title bar). If you could somehow add in size handles for the next version, that'd be great, because I cannot access the program as it is. Thank GOD it doesn't save window size/position, because that would be catastrophic, requiring a little registry hackery on my part smile.gif

Thanks again!

Wade aka EazyCheeze

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:23 AM Edited by JKidd, 23 June 2005 - 02:28 AM.

Finally this is what ive been wanting.Anyways i got it all setup perfect now.Just cant get the Steer Forward/Down or the Steer up/Back too work.I put it as my y axis negative and steer up/back as my Y Axis postive but it dont do anything.Umm Nevermind i think it does the view up and view down in the car right?I was tryong to figure out how to accelarete with analog,but it is al good now.Good job biggrin.gif

Comrade Chimp
  • Comrade Chimp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:05 AM

It works great except for a couple of things:

1 - Can it be made to work the menu & map controls? Menu movement & selection work but my "start" button (button 10 on my Logitech Rumblepad 2) needs to be bound to Esc in the Logitech software for it to work. The pad doesn't want to control the map at all other than scrolling.

2 - It kills my framerate.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:36 AM

Once again you've come to the rescue for people annoyed at the default controls of SA, well done mate your an asset to our community.

Now if you've excuse me, its time to play SA like I wanted to thanks to this little tool smile.gif

trx
  • trx

trx nl

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:26 AM

Hello biggrin.gif
Great tool, very handy.
Just one thing though: the 'Trip Skip' button doesn't work for me. No real biggie, I can assign another keypress check for that one.
This is just the thing people need to handle this mod I'm making. Good Job.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:47 PM

Oh, this is awesome!

Two little requests though.
(1) Would it be possible to add mouse X/Y as axis? I'd like to be able to control the camera with both the mouse and the joystick, but the program seems to disable that.

(2) Is there enough information known about the memory structure to allow for different controls in different vehicles? I'd like to be able to use the triggers on a Xbox control as accelerate/reverse in cars, but as rotate left/right in aircraft.

Basti
  • Basti

Killerhamster

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:56 PM

Wow, great work cookie.gif

Works really good, now i can switch radio stations like i was used to on the PS2, not with the mouse wheel. But one thing is missing for me - changing the pause menu button. So if you could add this...

Cactus
  • Cactus

Doody ate my mother

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:11 PM

I've been waiting for this too, was my favorite tool for vice smile.gif

One thing though, i cant seem to assign X axis to look left or look right when on foot, i'm using an xbox pad and i normally have forwards and camera left/right on the main stick so i can move around without swapping to the mouse.

pal user
  • pal user

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:19 PM

good work but it sometime crashes for no reason also could you make it so you can pause the game on the joypad instead of pressing escape

123abc
  • 123abc

Text Book f*cking Mental

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

I love it! I can now use my wheel and pedals for driving. One thing I don't like about it is I can't use the mouse for looking around.

Maybe, for the next update add a check box that'll enable mouse look while on foot and even while driving.

yahoodee
  • yahoodee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:53 AM

great work fella!

i found out that (at least in my case) the conversation yes/no stuff doesnt work properly... i tried to bind it with d-pad left/right and went out to pick up some hoes... without success... i also bound it (via your tool not ingame) to the keys n/m to be sure that the gamepad isnt the matter...
i was using saac 1.1... radio station changes with d-pad up/down are working properly...
dont know if this matters but my d-pad is recognised as pov hat and it works (checked on the test-tab of saac)

another nice thing would be the ability to invert the axes of the right analog stick

and a big thx again for such a great tool!

dre
  • dre

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:34 AM

god bless you

I guess after the third time around for gta we finally have enough modders to fix all the little problems R* leaves for us.

Kelvis_XP
  • Kelvis_XP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:01 PM

What fantastic work Stretchnutter! Thanks a billion for writing this now indispensable util! I'm using a Logitech Rumblepad 2 and The *only* thing I'm having trouble with is yes/no conversation replies while in a vehicle...Can't seem to get it happening sad.gif

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could point me where I'm going wrong...

Thanks again smile.gif

Comrade Chimp
  • Comrade Chimp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Kelvis_XP @ Jun 24 2005, 15:01)
I'm using a Logitech Rumblepad 2 and The *only* thing I'm having trouble with is yes/no conversation replies while in a vehicle...Can't seem to get it happening sad.gif

Same controller as me. Are the map controls and the start button working for you? If so I'd love to know how you did it.

Kelvis_XP
  • Kelvis_XP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Comrade Chimp @ Jun 24 2005, 15:10)
QUOTE (Kelvis_XP @ Jun 24 2005, 15:01)
I'm using a Logitech Rumblepad 2 and The *only* thing I'm having trouble with is yes/no conversation replies while in a vehicle...Can't seem to get it happening sad.gif

Same controller as me. Are the map controls and the start button working for you? If so I'd love to know how you did it.

Sorry ComradeChimp, I don't really use the map that much ingame and haven't tried to assign anything for this purpose - that's why it's not an issue for me. Bah, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Nevertheless, I'm sure Stretchnutter is on the case to fix these things as we type!

Abumany
  • Abumany

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:48 PM

Great tool! I reallly enjoy when all these weeks of watching the modding life of San Andreas grow!

It seems i'm having some trouble that should have been fixed in 1.1.
my user track skip doesnt seem to work on any gamepad buttons tho I have not tried keyboard...

btw I've had trouble with vibration controls also. I couldn't set my own settings but with psx config. i got minute resluts.
the vibrations were way off and seemed to lag.. vibration continued during pause and when i Alt+Tabbed out. This only happend once tho... the vibrations seemed to spark to life then die out as i could not get them to work again. Having alittle trouble.

I'm using a Double USB Convertor model:TB-USB201 (PS2\PSX to USB)
In Gamepad settings (in control panel) the controllers are listed as "SuperboxPro and Superbox" 1 and 2
I was wondering if there are any other drivers I could download that would maybe, give me alittle tweeking, or cure my problem.

SilvrWolf
  • SilvrWolf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:07 AM

Bought this game the day it came out and was so frustrated with the controls I put it down. THANK YOU for coming out with this tool I can honestly say this saved SA fo rme. Only thing I had to do was remap Buttons 13-16 on my PS2 controler to the D-PAD (POV) and it works flawlessly. Once again Thank you!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users