Fan-F'n-tastic

12 replies to this topic
SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:29 AM

user posted image

Mmmmm......$65,800 delivered just makes my dick hard. Of course, in reality the dealership will mark these things up probably $10,000 and I go soft.

If only I could convince my dad we need one and he would go half/half with me. confused.gif

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Mar 17 2005, 11:23)
I am going to get a job that pays at least $10/hr and work as much overtime as possible so I can purchase a 06' Z06 when they come out later this year.

I figure I will be able to afford the payments with 3 weeks worth of work.

But it is so worth it to have the vette. My tail will increase ten fold no doubt.

But now I get to insuring it and I realize I would have to take on TWO $10/hr jobs to afford both.

Cruel, cruel world.

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Mar 17 2005, 13:44)
No way. I am set on at least a new 05' one.

860 is cheap considering the car will probably be around 70k+ even without interest you wouldn't be paying that a month.

I wish they were going to be 50k something but it won't happen.

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Mar 17 2005, 14:41)
Yeah 400hp. I will find you a direct from Chevy price in a minute.

Looks like the coupes start @ 44k and go to a little over 57k

Convertibles start @ 52k and go to slightly shy of 64k

However with dealer mark-up your probably looking at 5k+ or so on top of the price.

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Mar 17 2005, 15:46)
You must not have caught the key part of the first half of my post still suggesting I was getting the car.
and work as much overtime as possible

You also missed the end of my post.
But now I get to insuring it and I realize I would have to take on TWO $10/hr jobs to afford both.

Cruel, cruel world.

I realize it is next to impossible but mark my words I will try my dambdest (sp?)

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Mar 17 2005, 20:12)
I have actually graduated both. Unfortunately, the automotive industry sucks dick and there is no money in being a technician unless you have been working for a dealership for years so college was a 30k waste of money.

Which leaves me to accept any job I can find. Also saying that all companies dont want you working overtime is crazy. I know of a steel company here in town that used to let guys come in 4 hours before and stay 4 hours after their shift giving them 16 hour days if they wanted to work them. Even at $10/hr now you make $1k a week. Making a vette VERY attainable.

You can doubt me all you want but when I purchase a vette within the next year I will make sure that I post the picture of me with the car here just for you.

Saying that someone making $20/hr could not buy one is insane. That's $800 a week. That would more than pay for the car payment. One more week would pay for the insurance. $1600 still cash in hand each month.

Once again you are wrong. Putting in all of last months paycheck would put you a month ahead so you wouldn't have to pay for next month sarcasm.gif . It is perfectly feasible to afford a vette making $10/hr however you wont have much spending cash each month.

I am 20 as if it has any relavence. I don't see your logic in this age factor.

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Mar 18 2005, 06:44)
If I prove that I can make the payments and they don't want to finance me I will just get a friend/family member to get the financing and pay them. Either way it gets paid.

They are paying time and half for anything over 40 hours. I also know that the local cat plant lets you work overtime. Also Morton Metalcraft. Morton Welding. Pretty much alot of the workshops type businesses will let you have overtime around here.

Even with interest rates included the car can be payed off in 5 years on two 10/hr jobs. To prove my point even more I wish I lived wherever you do because $100 in taxes is amazing. An $800 check here in illinois would yield $589.90 but that still leaves you with $2359.6 and if you took out a 5 year auto loan with 10% interest the monthly payment is only $1487.29 leaving you with $872.31 a month for insurance and stuff.

So since I used simple math to prove it is possible to buy a vette with $10 wages how have I been misguided by anyone?

The thing is that I don't pay rent. I don't pay for a cellphone. I don't have any other bills. Alot of McDonald's managers DO have these things to pay so they can't put almost all their money towards a car. They would much rather spend money on other things.

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Mar 18 2005, 21:59)

Actually I am the last one of my friends, minus the one who doesn't have a "legal" income job, to get one. So a friend COULD sign for me.

I think my dad might help me get the car. If not my grandpa wouldn't have a problem getting me the car and me pay him the payments every month since he knows I would pay him before I did anything else.

Here in Illinois we have state too. I used the #1 result on google to calculate the paycheck.

I also did a progressive quote and I think it was around 600/month. 3??? something every 6 months.

I saw that my last post was the 1000th and I was going to come back and edit it with a WoOt or something but I totally forgot.

lol.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:52 AM

Okay. If you really want to work 80+ hours a week for a car that isn't that important at your age, be my guest. I would start a little slower. Perhaps, a early-mid 90's Vetter with about 80 Thousand on it a for about 10 grand. Then if you still want a 70 thousand dollar car in about a year, then go for it. Seems pretty rediculous to me.

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:13 AM

Cause I can't see myself lusting over something as hideous as the C4 vette, let alone choosing one over a 06' Z06 when I could very well afford the car by working two jobs.
user posted image

user posted image

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:02 AM

Personally i'd go for the 76 Stingray. Anyways, you'll find when you get a job you will probably find you want to spend money on something more constructive. Ie. saving for a house deposit or something, you can get so far ahead in life if you went in that direction. But its up to you, if you want to put your money into something that will NEVER gain any value after you bought it, go for it.

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (mr_ed @ Jun 22 2005, 04:02)
Personally i'd go for the 76 Stingray. Anyways, you'll find when you get a job you will probably find you want to spend money on something more constructive. Ie. saving for a house deposit or something, you can get so far ahead in life if you went in that direction. But its up to you, if you want to put your money into something that will NEVER gain any value after you bought it, go for it.

As soon as it is taken from the lot at MSRP it has gained in value. The thing with new cars like this is that they are so in demand that dealers will mark them up from MSRP. Alot of dealers are tacking on 5k-10k on these already, some in high demand areas are almost doubling the price.

I loved the NEVER gain in value comment seeing as you said go for a 1976 Stingray you have some taste for older cars, but yet you still say that a car bought today will NEVER increase in value. If you were around in 1953 you would have been saying that one of the 297 polo white, red interior vettes that were produced and sold wouldn't be worth anything in the future but look at them now. Or how about a 1967 Convertible 427/435 which were purchased for no more than 6k that are now worth over 90k? What about the two people who opted for a ZL1 engine option in 1969 even though it "almost" doubled the price of the car to shy of 9k, that are now sitting on an easily million dollar car? The thing is that if you pick the right options your car could wind up a one of 100 or so car or even less and with the production estimates sitting at 10-15% of the vettes rolling off the line in 06 being Z06's, I am liking the odds.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:46 PM

Except that in our current generation with most cars being sold like hot cakes, there aren't cars that would actually go up in price over the years. You're talking about cars that were sold only twice (example would be the LS1 option).

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Chunky Lee Chong @ Jun 22 2005, 16:46)
Except that in our current generation with most cars being sold like hot cakes, there aren't cars that would actually go up in price over the years. You're talking about cars that were sold only twice (example would be the LS1 option).

I forgot that we never sold mass amounts of cars until recently. There were only 90k or so 1966 GTO's sold with window stickers around 4k that are now selling for 5x that price for a normal wear car.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:01 AM

When i said never gain in value, i mean the car that you want to buy. I'm perfectly aware of the value of the older muscle cars nowadays. But do you honestly think someone is going to pay you any more than what you bought your car for in 10 or 20 years time?

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Jun 22 2005, 17:21)

I forgot that we never sold mass amounts of cars until recently. There were only 90k or so 1966 GTO's sold with window stickers around 4k that are now selling for 5x that price for a normal wear car.

because we all know the c5 z06s shot up in price NOT! tounge.gif

yeah, 36k canadian(about 30 american) with 33k kilometers. what an investment tounge.gif

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (SIP_YEK_NOD @ Jun 22 2005, 23:27)
QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Jun 22 2005, 17:21)

because we all know the c5 z06s shot up in price NOT! tounge.gif

yeah, 36k canadian(about 30 american) with 33k kilometers. what an investment tounge.gif

That is because C5's suck balls. I don't see where you guys are taking this, the whole arguement portion took off when TD said that the car would NEVER gain in value, where he is wrong and I simply pointed it out. As soon as you take a wanted car off the dealer lot at MSRP you have an investment because of the supply and demand in a limited run production. If travel back to 2001 you will see that the first year for Z06's were worth alot more than sticker for awhile, then when the 405 horse version came out it was worth more than sticker, the same for the 50th anniversary editions, and the same for the 2004 commemerative editions.

If you want to get technical about no newer cars gaining in value I will ask you take a look at this and this

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:02 AM

Please dont compare a corvette to an italian sports car. Especially one that can only be bought by invitation only (that or a second hand one which is rare.). Its silly.

quackaddict
  • quackaddict

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (mr_ed @ Jun 23 2005, 08:02)
Please dont compare a corvette to an italian sports car. Especially one that can only be bought by invitation only (that or a second hand one which is rare.). Its silly.

x2

Also, with Ferrrari's, it depends on what model you buy. Consider the Mondial, you can pick one of those up for around 36k. I doubt that the F-40 is going to depreciate anytime soon.

If you are talking about buying a Corvette, driving it directly home and putting it on blocks for 50 years, you might see more that what you paid for it. Otherwise, you're convincing yourself to get one with the wrong reasons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users