Photo

Anyone notice?

12 replies to this topic
Nate Baker1
  • Nate Baker1

Back...for a little

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:24 AM

Hey has anyone noticed all of the gangster games coming out? I mean the is "Fear and Respect" coming out next year. Which is basically a gangster scene in LA starring Snoop Dogg.

Then you have "25 To Life" where you can play a gangster or a cop which from the topic below is already begining lawsuits.

Then you have "50 Cents Bulletproof" also coming out near the end of this year.

"The Shield" game, I know it was rescheduled but its still the same.

Now I dont know where this wave of homie/crime games are coming from. I mean yeah the games will be awesome from what I can see right now, but I wonder if they got motivation from San An or something?

Anyone else notice this new "fad"?

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:32 AM

It's just what's "in" right now.
All of these high brow game distributors are eating it up too.
They don't have to worry about quality when making popular games.
All they have to do is come up with a catchy name, get one of the hottest "pop" stars out there to put thier likeness in it, and you have yourself the sh*t that is coming out right now.

Bauer
  • Bauer

Pisskidney

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:34 AM

Of course I've noticed this fad. Who hasn't?

I really can't stand it, and it really shows how much logic people do not have. Pathetic, lame, laughable, embarrassing, etc.

I'm tired so I'm not going to put it into complete sentences. Blow me.

Nate Baker1
  • Nate Baker1

Back...for a little

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (Waste @ Jun 21 2005, 07:32)
It's just what's "in" right now.
All of these high brow game distributors are eating it up too.
They don't have to worry about quality when making popular games.
All they have to do is come up with a catchy name, get one of the hottest "pop" stars out there to put thier likeness in it, and you have yourself the sh*t that is coming out right now.

Yeah like I said, they have snoop dogg and 50 cent in some games.

I think I draw the line at Def Jam. That game was pretty good for such a unerestimated game.

But yeah I wouldnt be surprised to see some game with eminem or some sh*t soon suicidal.gif

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:38 AM

After the big hit, GTA: San Andreas, many companies realized that this is a good genre for them to pursue.

Slick Willy
  • Slick Willy

Grandpa

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

Its just a "popular" lifestyle that gamers have fun simulating, given they don't have to deal with any of the hardships of that type of life though.

And the Shield game isn't "gangsta", it is based off of an awesome police drama that has been on for years.

Nate Baker1
  • Nate Baker1

Back...for a little

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Slick Willy @ Jun 21 2005, 16:48)
Its just a "popular" lifestyle that gamers have fun simulating, given they don't have to deal with any of the hardships of that type of life though.

And the Shield game isn't "gangsta", it is based off of an awesome police drama that has been on for years.

Yeah I know I just speculate that it will be just the same as 25 to life where you play a cop. Btw that show kicks ass.

ganja_man_biatch
  • ganja_man_biatch

Pants are Overrated

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:24 PM

video games is about escaping reality, this stuff is new ground for games, so developers will try to make new games a lil different than usual, it aint really that much anyways, just about 5 i can name off the top of my head. But i like it, looking forward to the next def jam game and the Fear & respect. and it's kinda nice that it has games i can relate to a lil more now with the urban lifestyle and it's not all the same old stuff we seen for about 10 years now.
sheild is one hell of a show, too bad the season is done

Nate Baker1
  • Nate Baker1

Back...for a little

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (ganja_man_biatch @ Jun 21 2005, 18:24)
video games is about escaping reality, this stuff is new ground for games, so developers will try to make new games a lil different than usual, it aint really that much anyways, just about 5 i can name off the top of my head. But i like it, looking forward to the next def jam game and the Fear & respect. and it's kinda nice that it has games i can relate to a lil more now with the urban lifestyle and it's not all the same old stuff we seen for about 10 years now.
sheild is one hell of a show, too bad the season is done

Yeah but just one thing. I was just saying Def Jam was a good game that had a good concept. I am not sure if they are making another yet.

Ciabatta
  • Ciabatta

Rude Boy

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:32 PM

25 to Life and Fear and Respect are the two games I will probably rent and buy if they are good, 50 Cent's game looks humorous. I recently saw a trailer for his game and it is just basically a movie of 50 going around killing a large group of organized criminals. I don't see how you can classify that game as one of the many urban/gangsta games coming out. It's 50 going up against hundreds of mob soldiers and in reality, you and me know that will never happen. 50 only made his game because he turned down a deal with R* for San Andreas and found himself looking like a fool for how well SA did. So he made his own but it will not be as good as SA.

Now Snoop might have a game but he's not portraying himself, he's portraying the character of Goldie.

ganja_man_biatch
  • ganja_man_biatch

Pants are Overrated

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:11 PM

i strongly doubt five O's i mean 50's game is gonna do any good. it's gonna me another mindless shoot em up, with all the same sh*t we seen in countless other games. Maybe in the game when u get shoot at u get to shoot back, instead of getting hit, who the hell knows. 50 loss all his street cred after he's been exposed as a rat to the cops. i know his commercial fans will buy the game, but now i won't even think about playin it.
I do Not Classify his game as ubran and/or street, his game with be a new genre, F.A.G.(Fake Ass Gangsta)

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:47 AM

Yeah, I can't wait for Fear & Respect. Check out the thread.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:02 AM

They are all trying to rip off san andreas. R* had a popilar game that smashed all records and other game companies want to do the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users