Photo

[TUT] Easy Starscape

1 reply to this topic
Kitteh
  • Kitteh

^___________^

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:35 AM

I'm guessing there might be a few people wondering how to make those starscapes like you see in Star Trek and Star Wars with Photoshop.

Well, I've found out an easy way.
-1-
First, make a new image in Photoshop. The size doesn't matter. Fill in the background with black.
user posted image
-2-
Create a new layer and fill it with white.
user posted image
-3-
Set the new layer's blending mode to dissolve and the opacity to 1% .
user posted image
-4-
Now you're probably thinking: Wow, that's bright! Create a new layer underneath the star layer and merge the star layer down by pressing CTRL + E with it selected.
user posted image
-5-
Play around with Filter... Blur and Image... Adjustments... Brightness/Contrast until you get the desired effect.
user posted image
-6-
Now add something to spice it up. I vectored the Enterprise-A and put it in my picture.
user posted image
You're done! Use it as a wallpaper or crop it for a signature, whatever suits your fancy.
EXTRA NOTE: If you want even less stars, you can set the blending mode to dissolve and change the opacity to a low number, such as 1-20 percent, right after you merge the star layer down. However, for it to actually change anything, you have to move the layer just a small amount. I don't know why, but if you don't move the layer, nothing changes..

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:37 AM

I understand the idea behind it an all... but it's a layer blend mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users